Christmas in Summer Bay

adam436

With Christmas just around the around the corner, I was just wondering what everyone's favourite Christmas moments/episodes are? A few of mine: 

1988 - everyone gathers for Christmas at the Fletchers. It was a sweet episode and really epitomised early H&A. Carly stayed in the city and was battling alcholism, but other than that, it was a fairly light episode. Lance and Martin also had their novelty Christmas song, "Santa Never Stops in Summer Bay" this year too

2006 - I wasn't watching during this era, but I recently saw this episode on 7Plus' Most Shocking Moments (the episode ends with Sally gets stabbed!). The Christmas play was hilarious, especially Irene, Alf, Lance, Dan and Brad. There was also a nice little montage of all the characters with Silent Night playing over it. Every single regular also featured in this episode

There were a few Christmas episodes in the 1990s too, but too many details - I remember one in which Pippa and Michael were separated and one later in the 1990s (1996 or 1998, as I know Don and Mariyln were married at the time!), but my memory is a bit vague with these ones. I think Irene played Santa in one of these episodes too? 

From what I can remember, H&A hasn't really featured Christmas as much as other soaps, perhaps due to it going on hiatus for 6-8 weeks every year, but I'm sure there has been a few others over the years too.  

I think you've pretty much covered it, given that Home and Away doesn't do Christmas that much! The 1994 finale does stick in the mind, not least because ITV repeated it during the Christmas break a few years later. Sally's meltdown over having Christmas dinner without Michael is probably the stand-out moment, although on the whole it was quite a light season ender with no major drama.

Archived