Homecoming Part 4

Hello Friends, 

I cant believe we are on part 4! I hope you are still enjoying reading as much as I am enjoying writing. I am so excited for you to read what I have in store!

Here is a link for part 1

Here is the link for part 2

Here is the link for part 3

Story Title:  Homecoming Part 4

Type of story: Long Fic

Main Characters: Frank, Bobby, Roo, Floss, Aisla, Carly, Sally Pippa, Alf, Nev

Background Characters  Most of the characters who appear in the early years, Mr Greyson, Andy and a few others to be added later

BTTB rating: G/A

Genre: Romance/Drama

Does story include spoilers: No unless you have not watched any episode before 1992

Any warnings: Sexual content, V/D

Summary:  The aftermath of Tom Fletcher's death prompts a former Summer Bay resident returns home and the impact this return has on the lives of the people he left behind.

:)

Rivière d'amour Restaurant- The City

“Cheers” Donald said as he and Barbra clinked glasses. Donald then lifted the glass up to his lips and drank some of the white wine then he put his glass on the table and looked at Barbara. He had to admit to himself, he had fallen in love with her all over again.

“What are you thinking?” Barbra said

“Oh nothing, I was just wondering how Rebecca is getting on at school” Donald said

“Very good. Hopefully you will be able to attend her recital next week” Barbara said and smiled. She never thought that after all these years, she would fall in love with Donald again. So much had happened in the time they were apart, but spending this time together had brought them closer.

“Yes, it has been a while…it will be good to hear her play again” Donald said and smiled

"Yes..we will be a family again" Barbra said and smiled...

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Ben kissed Carly’s lips then began to kiss her neck then he began to unbutton her blouse

“No” Carly said softly and pushed Bens hand away and sat up on the bed

“What’s the matter…you are acting like you don’t want me to be here…I can go if you want?” Ben said

“No….don’t do that..its just some family stuff that’s all” Carly said as she looked at Ben trying to smile then she turned away. She felt trapped because she didn’t know how to help Pippa without her being annoyed or embarrassed. She thought about calling Frank but that would make it worse. She also thought about just paying the bills but if she did that, she knew that Pippa would be upset that she went searching for them. “I need to go and get ready for work” Carly said and she stood up

“What are you going to do?” Ben said

“I might just go home since you don’t want me here” Ben said annoyed

“Im sorry..im sorry…I do want you here, I just have a lot on my mind” Carly said and sat down on the bed

“Well if you want me here…show me” Ben said as he looked at Carly and she forced a smile then began to unbutton her blouse..

“You are more than welcome to stay for dinner Sandra” Pippa said as she stood by the bedroom door

“Thank you Mrs Fletcher, if you don’t mind I will” Sandra said and smiled

“Steve you are on table setting duty, ill let you know when to come down” Pippa said and smiled then she went downstairs. Sandra wrote down some more notes on the project they were working on then she looked up at Steve who was staring at his pen

“It is alright if I stay for dinner?”  Sandra said

“Hmm?” Steve said then he looked at her

“I said is it alright if I stay for dinner?”  Sandra said

“Yeah, Pippa said you could” Steve said

“Is there something wrong? Sandra said and Steve sighed

“No” Steve said

“So why are you being like that?” Sandra said and Steve sighed. He didn’t want to tell her that he got a letter from Rebecca saying that she found a boyfriend in the city and his aunt was hinting about the move to England. Outside of the Fletchers, Rebecca was the only other person he would be staying for

“Lets just get on with the project ok” Steve said as Sandra looked at him and sighed. Even though she knew he didn’t feel the same way, she was still in love with him…even if she pretended that she wasn’t…

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Alf sighed as he turned the engine off. He slouched back in his seat and stared at his house. Usually on a Saturday night, he saw Debra under the guise of going to a rotary club meeting. However since he wasn’t too sure of what Michael saw, he was home tonight. Alf sighed again then he got out of the car, and walked towards his house. As he got closer he could smell the Ailsa had been cooking. Alf put his key into the lock and opened the door

“Hello love, I wasn’t expecting you this early” Ailsa said as she looked at her watch

“Yeah, the meeting has been cancelled tonight” Alf said as he walked into the kitchen behind Ailsa and played with Duncan's hair as he sat in his high chair

“Well Sandra is over at the Fletchers so it looks like its you me and Duncan tonight” Ailsa said and smiled as she walked into the kitchen as Alf stared into space

“Have you?” Alf jumped when he heard Ailsa

“Sorry love its been a long day, what did you say?” Alf said as he turned around and looked at Ailsa

“I said have you seen Celia today?” Ailsa said

“Yes, she came by the shop earlier, she was in a funny mood” Alf said then Ailsa sighed and sat down next to Duncan

“She asked me a question out of the blue today… what I would out if I found out you were having an affair” Ailsa said and Alf froze

“W..why would she as that?” Alf said trying to sound calm

“She thinks Michael is having an affair” Ailsa said and Alf silently exhaled

“An affair? With who?” Alf said

“Pippa” Ailsa said

“Pippa Fletcher?” Alf said surprised

“I was just as surprised when she said that” Ailsa said

“I thought you said Pippa and Rev Jones were a bit of an item?” Alf said

“Well Pippa hasn’t said it, but I think there is an attraction there” Ailsa said

“Why does Celia suspect the affair?” Alf said

“She says its female intuition after seeing them talking on a few occasions” Ailsa said

“So, what did you say?” Alf said

“Well I convinced her as much as I could that I don’t think Pippa would do that and besides, from what I have seen her and Michael make a great couple and she shouldn’t jump to conclusions..what do you think?’ Ailsa said

“Right…yes..it was probably all innocent anyway” Alf said

“Im glad you agree..anyway I think cheating is the absolute worse thing someone can do to their spouse” Ailsa said and she got up

“Fair go, we know Pippa and agreed that its all innocent” Alf said

“Yes I know, but in general..the trust is completely gone..I mean how can you go to bed at night knowing the person you are lying next has been lying to you all the time? I don’t know how some women take back the cheaters..its beyond me …” Ailsa said then she walked out of the dinning room into the kitchen as Alf sighed.

Stewart/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

“AN AFFAIR? WITH WHO?” Michael said. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Pippa Fletcher” Celia said

“What are you talking about?” Michael said confused.

“I saw the two of you together today..and I saw you together a few weeks ago” Celia said which annoyed Michael. He hated that he was being accused of something he didn’t do and he hated that he wished that he was having an affair with Pippa.

“There is nothing going on between me and Pippa. I just saw her as I was coming out of Alfs shop” Michael said. He hated that he was explaining himself, but he had to…he had to keep Celia onside with his ex trying to get full time custody of their son.

“Look, Celia” Michael said and he waked towards her

“You are my wife…I am not having an affair. In a town as small as this where everybody knows everybody’s business, do you think I would be stupid enough to have an affair knowing I would be caught?” Michael said and Celia looked at him and sighed

“You do have a point” Celia said and Michael took a hold of her hand

“I am not having an affair…you are my wife…and I love you” Michael said and smiled. Celia looked into his eyes…she could see that he was telling the truth and she exhaled

“I need to know that you believe me” Michael said and Celia nodded

“I believe you” Celia said and Michael leaned forward and kissed her then he hugged her and Celia exhaled

“I am glad I spoke to you about it…When I mentioned it to Ailsa, she said cheating is the worst thing a husband can do do his wife….and I needed to confront you when I have proof” Celia said and Michael pulled away and looked at her

“Why were you discussing this with Ailsa?” Michael said

“I went over to get a Pyrex dish and she could see how upset I was” Celia said

“Ailsa is the last person who should be giving anybody advise about cheating husbands” Michael said annoyed

“She meant well..” Celia said

“In future, what goes on in our relationship is between us..ok? Michael said and Celia nodded as Michael sighed. Happy that he was able to keep Celia onside then he made a note of a visit he was go to make tomorrow…

Manhattan- New York

Frank yawned as he walked the short distance from the Macklin office to the train station. He really should be going to give Mr James his money, but he simply didnt have it. It had been two weeks, and the interest was mounting. As Frank walked, he thought about how he was going to pay for the bill and provide food on the wages he just got paid in addition to gathering money to pay Mr James. He couldnt come up with an answer, but he knew that he needed to. Frank sighed then he took his train pass out of his pocket and walked into the station. As Frank walked got to the station, he was oblivious to the fact that a car was following him....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 341

Summer Bay

Bob parked his car outside the butchers. He wanted to get some food in, make something special for Craig when he came home. He knew there was an elephant in the room…they had not discussed, but he just wanted his son home. Bob closed the car door and walked to the shop while looking at the list in his hand

“Oh sorry” Bob looked up to see that he had bumped into Debra. He hadn’t seen her for a while. He thought they were getting on, but she didn’t once come to the hospital to see how Craig was…how he was

“Hello Bob” Debra said.

“G’day” Bob said and looked at Debra…waiting to see if she would say anything that he hoped. There was an uncomfortable pause as they looked at each other..she never said anything. Bob sighed. 

“I better go” Bob said and walked into the shop. Debra sighed and walked towards her car, got in and closed the door. She knew that he was fond of her…the least she could’ve done was ask about his son but she didn’t. Not because she didn’t care, but the fact that she had not seen Alf all week except for a phone call was making her miserable. She didn’t know how long this was going to go on for, but what she did know is that she loved Alf…that was her priority…and she was not going to let go off him…

General Hospital- Summer Bay

Craig stared at the ceiling. He knew it was late because the hospital was quiet. Now that he was better, he convinced his dad that he can go home and after much protesting he did. His test results came back ok, so he was going to be discharged from the hospital…back home…then back to school. Craig sighed…he knew what going back to school meant…the other kids laughing and whispering behind his back. Craig sighed then he heard the door slowly open…when he looked in the direction of the door he got a shock to see Jonathan coming in. Craig sighed then he looked at the ceiling as Jonathan pulled the chair over and sat next to him

Emotional background music

“How are you?” Jonathan said with a smile

“Ok” Craig said

“You really had me worried there” Jonathan said then he gently held Craig’s hand. Craig looked down at his hand then up at Jonathan

“When I heard you were here, I came to see you but you were still out of it” Jonathan said as he looked at Craig. He knew what he had to do but he had to do it in a way that wouldn’t make things worse

“You are really important to me…I don’t know what I would have done if “ Jonathan said then he stopped talking. Craig stared at him…all he could see in his eyes was Jonathan having sex with the female waitress then he turned his head to face the window

“What did you dad say about all this?” Jonathan said

“We haven’t talked about it” Craig said and Jonathan breathed a sigh of relief

“Ive been thinking…about us…and I think that..maybe we should take a break” Jonathan said then Craig turned around to look at him

“We can still be friends…I think you are a great guy…I just don’t think I am ready to..you know..settle down…and I don’t want to waste your time…you are young…with a bright future ahead of you” Jonathan said and smiled then his smile disappeared as Craig moved his hand away

“We had some good times..great memories” Jonathan said. Craig didn’t move, he just stared at the window

“I better go then…let you get some sleep” Jonathan said then he got up

“I guess ill see you when you can come back to work…if you ever need anything,,,let me know” Jonathan said then he walked out of the room and closed the door.

Craig slowly turned his head when he heard the door close then a tear ran down his cheek…

Emotional background music ends

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Background music- Jukebox

I used to think that love was just a fairy tale
Until that first hello until that first smile
But if I had to do it all again I wouldn't change a thing
Cause this love is everlasting

“Thank you Grant” Marilyn said as Grant gave her the order.

“When are you guys opening?” Grant said

“Next week” Marilyn said and smiled and Grant smiled

“I better get home before this gets cold. Ill see you later” Marilyn said and she rushed out only to bump in Ben as he was coming in. Marilyn felt her heart beating. Ben was about to say something to her but he looked up to see Grant looking at him. He moved out of the way and Marilyn rushed out of the diner.

Suddenly life has new meaning to me
There's beauty up above and things we never take notice of
You wake up suddenly you're in love

Grant walked into the kitchen to see Carly standing by the pantry deep in thought. Grant touched her shoulder and she jumped then turned around

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to frighten you” Grant said as he looked at Carly.

“Is everything all right? You have been really quiet tonight

“Everything is fine” Carly said and she walked over to the sink and washed her hands

“Ben is here” Grant said

“Thanks” Carly said then she wiped her hands and walked out of the kitchen and watched as Carly and Ben greeted each other, kissed and smiled at each other..

Girl you're everything a man could want and more
One thousand words are not enough to say what I feel inside
Holding hands as we walk along the shore
Never felt like this before now you're all I'm living for

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

Bob smiled as he looked at the pictures of Craig when he was young. He flipped through the photo album until the end. He looked around the bedroom. He didn’t know what he was going to do, but what he did know is that he loved his son and whatever was going on…they were going to get through it together. Bob exhaled then he put the photo album on the bed, got up, turned the light off and closed the bedroom door

Each day I pray this love affair would last forever

General hospital- Summer Bay

“We have a pulse…lets rush him down to emergency” The doctor said as he and the nurses picked up Craig’s lifeless body

from the bed and onto a stretcher and rushed him out of the room..

There's beauty up above and things you never take notice of
You wake and suddenly you're in love

Background music ends

Chapter 342

Four days later

High School- Summer Bay

Donald nodded his head and the entire room of students and teachers stood up. He looked at one of the teachers standing on the stage who stepped forward and began to ring a bell

First bell ring

St Peters church- Summer Bay

“Amen” Pippa said and sighed as she watched Craig's coffin slowly lowered into the grave. It brought back the memories of burying Tom. Pippa sighed then she looked over at Bob. He hadn’t said much which was understandable.

Bob stared as the coffin was lowered into the grave. He was numb.  He couldn’t believe that his son was gone. He thought that he was getting better…that is what the doctors said. He knew that he shouldn’t have left the hospital but he listened to Craig..he was tired, he wanted to sleep..he wished he never left the hospital..he wished he knew why this happened..

Second bell ring

High School- Summer Bay

Steve bent his head down and exhaled silently. His friend was gone. He felt guilty just like when baby Tom died. He had a chance to protect Bobby and he didn’t. He had a chance to tell Fisher what Karen did, but he was too chicken to do it…now it was too late…or maybe it wasn’t. Steve looked up and to his left and kept staring until he locked eyes with Karen. She looked at him blankly..no sarcastic smiling like she normally did…just a blank face..

Third ring of the bell

Karen turned away from looking at Steve and silently swallowed the build up of saliva in her mouth. Things were not supposed to go this far…it was all supposed to be a joke with Craig…just having a laugh. She suddenly felt faint as she remembered when she found out yesterday that Craig had died. She didn’t mean to do this..she really was sorry…but non of that mattered now, she had to go…leave Summer Bay..before it was too late.

Fourth ring of the bell

Blake turned and looked at his sister. He knew the part she played in Craig’s death..but she was his sister..how could he dob her in..he wanted to make Mr Stewart proud..he wanted to take his advice, but Karen was his flesh and blood. She wasn’t a bad person, she sometimes made bad decision…

Fifth ring of the bell

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Jonathan threw his head back in ecstasy and smiled then he looked down at young male waiter orally pleasing him. He smiled as he caressed his hair. The waiter looked up at him and Jonathan smiled then he leaned his head back and closed his eyes…

Sixth ring of the bell

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly sighed as she looked at the recent overdue bill that Pippa stuffed in the drawer. She looked down at the desk at all the bills and all the pawn shop receipts. Carly picked up her bank book and looked at the balance. It was her trust fund money. Money that she didn’t want to touch..technically she wouldn’t be using it for herself…however the account was set up so that her father would know if she took the money. Carly sighed…she wanted nothing to do with her father, however she had to decide if helping Pippa was more important than having to face her father again…

Seventh ring of the bell

High School- Summer Bay

Debra was lost in thought. She had a phonecall from her ex husbands solicitor stating that he had filed a motion to have full time custody of the children. She couldn’t understand why he was doing this now when he agreed for them to live with her full time. Debra sighed..if only she could see Alf…he always made her feel like everything was perfect…soon they were going to be together…maybe forever…

The teacher ringing the bell stepped back and went to sit down as Donald stepped forward towards the podium as the students sat down. “If I didn’t make it clear before, I am making it very clear now. You will continue to have detention every day until the bully is identified and expelled from the school.” Donald said as some of the students gasped “This type of behavior will not be tolerated in this school, and as you go about your day, I want you to take a moment to remember Craig Barnett and what it means to be keeping information to yourself that protects the person whose behaviour led to all this” Donald said as he looked at the students sitting down to see if any gave a hint of knowing something “Dismissed” Donald said and the students and teachers began to leave the room. Karen didn’t know what to say..she was numb after hearing that she could be expelled. She had to think of a plan to get out of Summer bay…and fast…

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

“Alfred not coming?” Celia said

“He had to get back to the shop” Ailsa said “I still cant believe it…Craig was so young” Ailsa said

“I know..teenagers have it hard these days..not like when we were growing up…” Celia said as she watched Pippa walk over to Bob

“Bob, I have to head home now..is there anything you need?” Pippa said as she put her hand on Bobs shoulder

“No, thanks for coming Pippa” Bob said

“Well if you do need anything, please let me know” Pippa said and smiled

“Thank you” Bob said and tried to smile

“By the way, how is everything about..you know” Ailsa said

“I couldn’t wait..I confronted Michael about it” Celia said

“Celia…” Ailsa was interrupted

“He assured me that there is nothing going on” Celia said

“See, I told you..Michael loves you. We are both fortunate enough to have great husbands” Ailsa said and smiled

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Alf  let the phone ring a few more times then sighed and put the phone down. Debra was not in her office. Apart from sneaking a phone call here and there, they had not seen each other at all and he really missed her. Alf was lost in thought when the shop door opened. He sighed when he saw Michael entering the shop.

“G g’day Michael, what can I get for you?” Alf said

Dramatic background music

“Just some engine oil” Michael said then he watched Alf walk around the counter pick up the engine oil, come back and put on the counter. Michael looked at him then he put his hand in his pocket and took out some money. Alf could feel the tension in the shop..just like before

“Anything else I can get you?” Alf said and he smiled

“Yeah..you can tell your wife to keep her nose out of my  business” Michael said

“Hang on, what is this about?” Alf said

“Putting ideas into Celia’s head that I am having an affair” Michael said annoyed

“Ails never said that” Alf was interrupted

“So where did Celia get a stupid idea like that from?” Michael said

“I dunno” Alf said confused

“Well Celia never got that idea from the air..Im going to say this once…tell your wife to mind her own business and stop trying to ruin my family” Michael was interrupted

“Now, you wait a minute” Alf was interrupted

“Wait for what? Your wife is the last person who should be giving advice about cheating husbands..isnt she?” Michael said and Alf froze as Michael stared at him..this was confirmation that Michael knew.

Michael looked at Alf and smiled sarcastically then walked out of the shop without taking the engine oil. Alf stared at Michael as he got into he car and walked away. Alf suddenly felt lightheaded. He walked over to the chair near the counter and sat down. The reality was sinking in. He was having an affair…and now someone else knew his secret..someone who could maybe tell his wife. Alf began to panic…this was real..what he was doing was real….he had to find a way to stop..or he was going to lose his family…something he never thought of before…he didn’t want to lose another wife…not this way..he didn’t want to lose another wife..

Dramatic music ends dramatically

Chapter 343

Two days later

Bayside diner after dark- Summer Bay

Background music- Carly’s theme

Carly stood in the pantry and stared at the wall. She was so angry with herself. Angry that she was still afraid of her father that she chose not to help Pippa. She was angry that she couldn’t tell Pippa how much she knew; she was angry that she couldn’t tell anyone what was going on.

“Carly we are getting busy” Carly jumped and she turned around to see Grant standing by the doorway.

“I’m coming” Carly said and she reached for the can of tomato sauce on the shelf. She winced as she stretched her arm out. Grant stared at her. Her arm still hurt, but it was her fault. She was always saying something that made Ben angry. She had to make it up to him now that he was on leave and chose to be with her in Summer Bay. Grant moved out of the way and let Carly walk out of the pantry and sighed. He knew that Ben hurt her again. He wanted to say something but he thought that if he did, it would make things worse for Carly. Grant sighed then he walked out of the kitchen to see Ben standing at the counter and looking at him.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Pippa!” Sally said and Pippa looked up from all the past due letters on the table

“So can I have one?” Sally said

“Have one of what?” Pippa said

“A puppy” Sally said

“Sweetheart, you already had a dog” Pippa said

“But Dag dog ran away” Sally said

“Not now sweetheart” Pippa said and she sighed

“But when? Denna popadopolous got a puppy for her birthday and her mum brought it to school” Sally said

“I said not now sweetheart, maybe when you get older” Pippa said

“That’s not fair, I don’t get anything new” Sally said

“THAT’S ENOUGH OUT OF YOU…I SAID YOU ARE NOT GETTING A PUPPY AND THAT IS THAT” Pippa said and Sally looked at her with a shocked look on her face then she ran upstairs. Pippa sighed. She knew she was wrong for shouting but getting a puppy was the last thing she was going to buy. Pippa picked up the letter and looked at it. It was from the mortgage company. She already missed a payment on the house. Another and they were threatening to take the house away. Everything was falling apart..she was drowning in debt and she didn’t know what to do…she felt like such a failure. The only thing she needed right now was a miracle…otherwise they were going to lose the house…

Background music ends

Edison Officer- Boston Massachusetts

Background music- Have you ever been alone

Roo sighed as she watched Mandy, the new office manager interview for a receptionist. The office was officially opening next week then after that she would be going back home…permanently. Roo sighed again because she knew what that would mean. Frank constantly asking her why she isn’t pregnant. Aside from that she was also annoyed that Frank asked her again for money to pay a bill because the Macklin payroll was down. She didn’t mind but she worked hard for her money, and Frank did promise that he could take care of her

“What did you think?” Mandy said as she walked into the office and sat opposite Roo

“She was ok” Roo said trying to sound happy

“Yeah, I like her too, I think I am going to give her the job” Mandy said and smiled

“I am so glad I got the job working here, its going to be so great” Mandy said

“If you need me to stay here…you know to help you get up and running. I will be glad to” Roo said

“Thanks, but you have already done so much. I cant keep you away from your work. Thank you very much for everything” Mandy said and smiled and she got up and walked out of the office as Roo sighed and put her head down. Sometimes she wished that Frank just wasn’t here…

Manhattan- New York

“Thanks for dinner” Sam said and she smiled

You're welcome” Frank said and he sighed. He knew that he shouldn’t be eating out especially when he couldn’t afford it.

“You are still very quiet” Sam said as they walked down the road. It was late but the weather was still warm

“Nah, Im fine” Frank said. He wasn’t fine…there was no point talking about it because there was nothing that anybody could do. He got himself into this mess and he had to get himself out of it.

Sam sighed " I know you don’t want to talk about whatever is going on…but I am here if you do” Sam said and Frank smiled. He thought it was sweet of her to say that, but he didn’t want to talk to her..he wanted to talk to his best friend.

“Thanks” Frank said as they continued to walk. He knew things were not going to get better. He had not seen Mr James for three weeks. He was hoping to gather all the money and give him more when he saw him, Sam looked at her watch

“I better get going, my shift starts in 15 minutes” Sam said. She was on rotation in the emergency department. Not by choice but it was part of her study program

“Will you be working all night?” Frank said and Sam nodded and made a sad face. Frank smiled. Don’t worry, it will be worth it all in the end” Frank said trying to really convince himself then Sam stopped walking and turned to look at Frank who also stopped walking.

“Everything will be ok” Sam said as she gently held Franks hand. He looked into her eyes…he didn’t see her, all he saw at that moment was Bobby. Frank smiled then he nodded his head.

“Ill see you later” Sam said

“Ok, have a good shift” Frank said and smiled

“Thanks” Sam said then she crossed the road and rushed towards the hospital. Frank walked ahead and turned the corner. He was going to take the short cut route to the station. one he had taken before. The street lights were dim and he was the only person on the road. Frank sighed. He couldn’t believe he managed to get himself into this mess. He couldn’t believe that he had to ask Roo for money again. Ask Frank walked his path was illuminated with the headlights of a car behind him. As he continued to walk from the corner of his eye, he could see the car driving along side of him. Frank looked at the car from the corner of his eye. The windows were tinted so he couldn’t see anybody but he started to walk faster. As Frank walked faster, the car driving along side him also began to move faster then the passenger side window rowed down

“Hello Frank” Frank slowed down and turned then his heart skipped. It was one of the men that was always with Mr James. Frank stopped walking

“Hi” Frank said as his heart began to beat fast

“We haven’t seen you for a while” The man in the car said

“Yeah I know…I been really busy” Frank said

“Mr Hanson thought it was something like that” The man in the car said and smiled which eased Frank and he smiled too.

“Ive been meaning to come by” Frank said

“Between me and you, Mr Hanson is not very happy with you Frank” The man in the car said

“I can imagine. I just needed some time..to you know…get the money together” Frank said then the back two passenger doors of the car opened and two large men got out. Frank looked at them then he put his focus back on the one who was talking to him

“P P Please tell Mr James that I promise…I will have all the money. I  just need a little time” Frank said as the man he was talking to got out of the car. Frank looked at all three men and began to walk backwards…

“Well, Mr Hanson gave me a message that he wanted me to deliver” The man who was in the car said as one of the other men cracked his knuckles. Franks heart was beating fast…he knew what was coming…he had to get out of there. He began to walk backwards faster then just as he was about to turn around, he felt a strong grip on his bag that pulled him back and spun him around. The first punch dropped him to the floor. He was still conscious but when he tried to shout for help…he made no noise. With every kick and punch he could feel himself fading….soon he couldn’t feel anything anymore..

Background music ends

New York Presbyterian hospital- Manhattan

Sam washed her hands and dried them then walked out of the bathroom. She didn’t mind being in the hospital but the emergency room rotation was the one that everyone disliked. Sam walked over to the nurse’s station and rubbed some sanitizer in her hands. She looked at the chart on the wall of all the patients who had been admitted so far and why they were admitted. From the corner of her eye she could see the paramedics rushing from the entrance. As Sam continued to look at the chart on the wall she glanced over to the person on the stretcher then she got a shock and turned herself around “Frank” Sam said as she looked at him lying unconscious on the stretcher will blood all over his face. She rushed over to the room where he was taken just as the paramedic came out

“W..what happened to him?” Sam said

“Do you know him?” The paramedic said as he came out holding Franks bag

“Y..yes, he is a friend of mine” Sam said

“He’s been beaten up pretty badly..I would suggest you alert the next of kin” The paramedic said and he gave Sam the bag.  She couldn't believe it. She saw him a few hours ago As Sam took the bag, an envelope fell out.  She bent down to pick it up. When she turned the envelope, it was a letter to Mrs Pippa Fletcher in Summer Bay, Australia…

Flashback

Sam- Sounds like a great place to live

Frank- Yeah..it is

Sam- So you don’t know your real parents

Frank- No, not really. Tom and Pippa raised me. As far as I am concerned they are my real parents

Flashback ends

Sam stared at the envelope then she put the envelope in her pocket and walked towards the nurses station…she had to let the hospital inform Franks next of kin….

Marriott Hotel- Massachusetts

Background music- have you ever been alone

Phone ringing

Roo opened one eye, she thought she heard the phone ringing. She closed her eye again

Phone ringing

Roo sighed. It was probably a wrong number as she wasn’t expecting anyone to be calling her at this time.

Phone ringing

Roo sighed then she reached out her hand and picked up the receiver

“Hello” Roo said and yawned

“Yes..this is Mrs Morgan” Roo said and she slowly sat up as she listened to the person on the other end of the line..

Sam listened as she heard one of the nurses mention that she called Franks wife and she was going to get a flight tomorrow. Frank mentioned previously that she was working out of state. She didn’t know where but she knew the name of the place she worked in, in new York and they must have tracked her down.  

She wished that she knew how Frank was but he was taken into have emergency surgery. He had become like a big brother to her..a good friend and they were both far away from home. She looked at her watch, it was time for her break. She walked into the staff room and made herself some coffee. She sat down and picked up a magazine but she couldn’t concentrate. She sipped her coffee and reached into her pocket and pulled out the envelope that fell out of Franks bag, She couldn’t get it out of her mind and believed that everything happens for a reason….she didn’t know the reason, but she had a strong feeling that she had to make a phone call. Sam put her unfinished coffee cup on the table and rushed out of the staff room.

Caravan park- Summer bay

“Look if you don’t want me to be here, just say so” Ben said

“Sorry, its not that…its just a lot of family stuff going on” Carly said

“You already said that” Ben said annoyed

“Im sorry..Im also a bit tired” Carly said  looking at her watch and she kissed Ben's cheek.

“I was thinking about picking up some work while I am here” Ben said

“Can you do that…you know being in the army” Carly said

“Yeah, I can do whatever I want” Ben said

“Maybe the resort has something” Carly said

“What about the diner, you lot always look busy” Ben said

I don’t know…Bobby might not go for that” Carly said

“Why not? You said the other day you had to hire someone” Ben said

“Yeah but” Carly was interrupted “But what?” Ben said

“With us being together..she might not agree with us working together” Carly said

“Shes a dag anyway… …I can do some jobs around here and you can pay me with your trust fund money” Ben said and smiled then he leaned forward and gave Carly a kiss and a hug as her smile disappeared.

After 20 minutes of begging the switchboard for help, Sam finally got the number she wanted. She walked along the corridor until she found an empty consulting room. She looked left and right then entered the room and locked the door behind her. She turned the light on and sat at the desk and pulled the number and envelope out of her pocket and exhaled. She didn’t know if she was doing the right thing…but in her heart she felt like this was the right thing to do. Sam picked up the phone and began to dial..

Caravan park- Summer bay

Carly walked the short distance from Bens van to the house. She felt like being alone tonight. She had so many things going on in her mind and she didn’t want to make things bad between her and Ben. Carly reached into her bag and took out her key. She slowly opened the door and could see someone sitting on the couch. Carly closed the door behind her and locked it. The light in the hallway was on and as Carly got closer, she could see Pippa sitting on the couch

“Pippa” Carly said and she slowly walked over to her. She turned on the lamp on the desk

“Pippa, whats wrong” Carly said as Pippa stared at the wall with a tear running down her cheek. Carly could see that she was holding onto a framed photo

Flashback

Sam- Hello, sorry to bother you, may I please speak to Mrs Pippa Fletcher

Pippa- Yes this is Pippa Fletcher, who is this?

Sam- Well you don’t know me..and I am not sure if I should be even calling you but I am a friend of Frank Morgan in New York

Pippa- Frank? Is there something wrong?

Flashback ends      

“Pippa, whats wrong” Carly said as she gently pulled the photo away from Pippa. It was a photo of Pippa, Tom and Frank when they first fostered Frank

“Pippa why are you holding this photo…whats wrong?” Carly said as another tear ran down Pippas cheek

“My son…is hurt…and I cant go to him” Pippa said

“What?” Carly said confused

“My…son…is hurt…and I cant go to him” Pippa said again then she grabbed the photo and pressed it near to her chest and cried as Carly tried her best to comfort her….

Background music ends…

Chapter

Sam slowly closed the hospital door and walked over to the bed. Frank was still unconscious and had a lot of bruising on his face but the drs said his surgery went well…so hopefully he would be awake soon. Sam opened the cupboard next to the bed, bent down and put the envelope inside the side pocket of Franks bag. Sam pushed the bag back into the cupboard and closed the door. She stared at the cupboard. She didn’t know why she felt she strongly needed to call Australia but she hoped it was for a good reason, and that Frank wouldn’t be annoyed. Sam sighed and she stood up and stood over Frank. She gently held his hand. The other was in a plaster because it was broken…so was his leg. She looked up at the heart monitor…it was beating normally which was a good sign. “Hang in there…everything is going to be alright” Sam said and she smiled then she gently let go of Franks fingers and quietly walked out of the room

Boston Logan International airport

Roo stared at the boarding pass in her hand with guilt. Yesterday she was wishing that Frank wasn’t in America with her and then she gets a call from the hospital that he had been badly beaten up.

Flashback

Frank- Im glad you decided to come to the city

Roo- Yeah me too. I was kidding myself thinking I could stay in Summer Bay…without you

Frank- Nows its just you and me..I love you Roo

Flashback ends

Roo sighed as she remembered how good she thought things were going to be..not how they were now..anyway. none of how she was feeling mattered….Frank was her husband…she was his wife…and he needed her now…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly didnt know what time it was. It didn’t matter because she had not slept because all she kept on thinking about was how selfish she was…how she didn’t have the guts to stand up to her father to help Pippa…and now…the other man in her life..her brother, was hurt. Carly sighed as she wiped the tear that fell from her eye. It was another secret that she had to hold onto. Pippa didn’t want any one else to know what was going on. Carly sighed again as another tear ran down her cheek. She felt so helpless…She wished that things were how they were before….when they came to Summer Bay…when Tom was alive…when Frank was still here…when Matt was here…now it was all gone….and she had to keep this secret not knowing if things were going to be ok….

Background music ends

Beach- Summer Bay

Nick wiped the sweat from his brow and ran faster then he slowed down and stopped. He leaned over then straightened up as he tried to calm himself down. He had so much going through his mind. He couldn’t believe that his cousin was gone. He was an annoying brat sometimes, but that was his family and he couldn’t believe that he was gone. Things were a bit tense at home. He wished he knew what to say to his uncle to make things better but he just didn’t know…then seeing Julie. Nick sighed. He thought that he was over her…but seeing her again, he felt confused. He liked Lucinda, they had a lot in common. Nick started running again. It didn’t matter how he felt about Julie, her mum was right..it was never going to work anyway Nick thought then he ran faster to get home..

Gibson Residence- Summer Bay

Julie wheeled herself over to her dressing table and looked at herself in the mirror then she opened one of the drawer and took out a gold napkin and pressed it up against her face and exhaled. It was a napkin from the diner in Summer bay where her and Nick had their date. Julie looked at it then threw it on the floor. She was angry with herself…angry that she still had it even though Nick had moved on. Julie was going to run over the napkin then she stopped. She then tried to lean forward and reach for it. She leaned forward a bit more then she fell on the floor. She sighed then a few moments later her mum came rushing into the room

“What happened?” Jenny Gibson said

“I dropped something on the floor and was trying to pick it up” Julie said as her mother helped her back into the wheelchair

“I told you to let me or your dad help you” Jenny said

“I can do things myself you know” Jenny said and she crossed her arms. She was tired of being treated differently

“I thought we went over this already love…you cant do things yourself..thats why you always need me and your dad around” Jenny said as she looked at Julie who had tears in her eyes

“There there love…its alright…me and your dad will always be here to take care of you” Jenny said and the tears ran down Julies cheeks…she didn’t want her parents to take care of her..she wished it was Nick…but that was all gone now…her mum was right…she only had them to take care of her…

“Whats all this?” Ailsa said as she walked into the dining room to see that Alf had made her a special breakfast. Sandra stood by the table smiling

“I wanted to make you a special breakfast” Alf said and he pulled the chair out and as Ailsa sat down, he placed a napkin on her lap

“Any particular reason why” Ailsa said confused

“Only that I love you” Alf said and he kissed Ailsa on the cheek

“Im off to school, ill see you later” Sandra said and she picked up her school bag

“Alright love” Alf said

“Bye” Ailsa said as Sandra walked out of the house and closed the door. Alf sat down next to Ailsa

“Ive booked us into the Yabbie Creek inn for the weekend" Alf said as Ailsa drank some of her tea then smiled

“What about” Ailsa was interrupted

“Celia is going to look after the shop, and Sandra and Duncan are going to stay over at her place” Alf said. Ailsa smiled.

“What did I do to deserve all this?” Ailsa said

“I know that I have been really busy the last few months and neglected my husband duties, but I want to make it up to you and say thank you for being the best thing to ever happen to me” Alf said as Ailsa smiled

“I should be saying that to you. I never thought I would find anyone to keep me in one place until I found you..I love you Alf Stewart” Ailsa said

“I love you too” Alf said and leaned forward and kissed Ailsa then she hugged him and he slowly sighed. This is how it should be…and it was going to be like this forever..Alf thought to himself and he closed his eyes and hugged Ailsa…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- Fletcher family theme

“But the letter says parent have to sign it” Sally said

“Well Pippa isn’t feeling to well, ill sign it” Carly said as she made sandwiches for Sally and Steve

“Why cant I go upstairs and ask Pippa?” Sally said

“Because shes not feeling well…look..ill sign it and when I pick you up after school, ill have a word with Mrd Patterson ok?” Carly said

“Ok, but its going to be your fault if I get into trouble” Sally said as Carly put the sandwiches in the sandwich bags then she took the pen from Carly and sighed the letter. She watched Sally walk away to put the letter in her bag. Carly sighed then she began to put the things she used to make the sandwiches in the fridge.

“Is there something wrong with Pippa?” Steve said as he walked into the kitchen

“No, why?” Carly said as she shut the fridge door

“I don’t know..everything seems weird this morning” Steve said

“Nothing is wrong, Pippa is just a bit tired” Carly said as Steve stared at her. He knew she was lying. Even though none of them were blood relatives..he knew all his siblings very well.

“Just go to school, Im sure she will be alright when you get back” Carly said forcing a smile then she gave Steve his sandwiches and walked over to Sally and gave her sandwiches

“Bye” Sally said then she walked out of the house. Steven got to the door then he turned around to look at Carly who turned away then he turned around and left the house. Carly exhaled then a tear ran down her cheek. She didn’t know how much longer she could keep all these secrets in…

Pippa lay on the bed as she kept revisiting the conversation, she had last night with the young woman who phoned. She didn't say her name…just that she was a friend of Franks

Flashback

Pippa- I hope you don’t mind me dropping in

Frank- Of course not

Pippa- I just brought you a few things..we had a few extra cans and I thought you might need them

Frank- Pippa, ill be alright

Pippa- I know..its just..you are the first one to move out..I haven’t gotten used to the idea of you not being here

Frank- Im not far..you can see me everyday

Pippa- I know…its not the same..but I understand, you have to have your life

Frank- Don’t worry…you will always be my family…wherever I go..you will always be my family

Flashback ends

Pippa hugged the framed photo tighter as a tear ran down her cheek. Her son was hurt and she couldn’t go to him…that hurt more than the fact that she was on the verge of losing her home….

Roo followed the instructions of the nurse and walked down the corridor reading the numbers on the door. When she got to Franks door she inhaled then exhaled and slowly opened it. She didn’t know hat she was going to expect but she inhaled with shock to see him so beaten up. He had a broken leg and arm and was hooked up to a heart monitor. Roo put her bag down and slowly walked over to him. She immediately felt guilty seeing Frank this way. She touched his fingers…he didn’t move

“Frank” Roo said softly but he didn’t respond. A tear ran down her cheek to represent all the guilt of feeling trapped…feeling like she needed to be alone. All that had to go…she was here..Mrs Morgan..she made the choice..and this was how it was going to be..

Background music end

High School- Summer Bay

Steve stared at Karen who was sitting with her group of friends. She seemed different..less sarcastic. That didn’t mean that she was sorry. Steve sighed. As the guilt came over him..that same guilt he carried about baby Tom was now the same guilt he felt about Craig. Steve got up from the bench he was sitting on

“Where are you going?” Sandra said

“I ..I have to do something…ill see you in class” Steve said then he got up and walked inside to the building. He knew that if he didn’t do it now..he would chicken out so he rushed as fast as he could until he reached his destination. Steve exhaled then he knocked on the door and opened it when he was told to come in?”

“What can I do for you Matheson?” Donald said

“Sir..I want to tell you something” Steve said as he started to feel nervous

“What?” Donald said as he looked at Steve

Knock on the door

“Come in” Donald said

“Mr Fisher, your signature is requested on these reports” Debra said as she looked at Donald then at Steve

“Never mind” Steve said and he rushed out of the office and sighed. He just couldn’t do it…he was a coward…he just couldn’t do it…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa put the phone down and put the phone card in the draw and sighed. She tried to call the hospital, but they hospital wouldn’t give her any information. She also called Franks house but there was no answer. Roo was probably at the hospital….where she should be. Pippa racked her brain to remember if the young woman who called her said her name but she couldn’t remember. She felt so helpless. The young woman did say she was going to call again..but so far she hadn’t. Pippa looked at Christopher playing with the toy that Frank gave him and she smiled then when she heard the door open she looked up to see Carly walking in.

“Hi” Carly said then walked over to the couch and sat down next to Pippa

“Did you find anything out?” Carly said and Pippa shook her head no and Carly sighed

“They said they couldn’t give me any information because I am not immediate family” Pippa said and smiled

“But you are his mother” Carly said annoyed

“I guess in America that doesn’t count for immediate family” Pippa said and she looked at Carly who was visibly upset

“Thank you for taking care of the kids this morning..I just couldn’t” Pippa said

“You don’t have to thank me…we are family” Carly said

“Where is Ben?” Pippa said

"He said he is going to see if he can find some work while he is here, a friend of his knows of someone who might have some laborer work” Carly said

“Its nice that he is spending time here…we can get to know him better..he really is a good guy” Pippa said and Carly smiled

“Yeah..I am really lucky…Im just going to go up and get ready for work..i need to get there early..if you hear anything…will you let me know” Carly said and Pippa nodded. Carly forced a smile then she went upstairs. When she got to her room she closed and locked the door and sat on the bed. She put her bag on the bed next to her and opened it and took out the bottle of whiskey and looked at it then exhaled and opened the top and put the bottle to her mouth and swallowed a mouthful. It burned the back of her throat as it went down. Carly closed her eyes until the burning slowed down then stopped then she opened her eyes and exhaled….

The next day

Debra sighed. It had been so long since she saw Alf…she wanted to go to the shop but she knew that he was concerned about his brother in law. Debra smiled to herself…it didn’t matter..Alf loved her and soon, they would be together

“Your dad said he is coming to pick you both up tonight” Debra said as she walked into the living room

“Yeah I know…I told him I couldn’t see him this weekend” Blake said

“Why not?” Debra said curiously

“Mr Stewart and his wife are going away this weekend and I volunteered to look after the shop with Mrs Ross” Blake said then he went back to looking at his magazine as Debra tried to figure out in her mind why Alf was taking his wife away…when he loved her...

“Hello..can I speak to Pippa Fletcher please…she’s not there…ok, please tell her that Samantha  called..hello can you hear me” Sam said then she sighed as the line went dead. She put the phone down, turned the office light off and walked out of the consulting room

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Sal who was that on the phone?” Carly said as she rushed down the stairs

“Someone for Pippa” Sally said as Pippa walked into the house

“What did you say sweetheart” Pippa said as she walked into the house wish clean laundry

“The phone, it was someone asking for you” Sally said and Pippa looked at Carly

“Who was it?” Pippa said and she looked at Carly

“I dunno, the phone cut off” Sally said

“Why didn’t you come and get me?” Pippa said

“The line cut off” Sally said

“NEXT TIME THE PHONE RINGS YOU COME AND GET ME…DO YOU UNDERSTAND” Pippa said then she rushed upstairs as Steve looked at Carly who sighed….

Sam rubbed the sanitizer in her hand and walked down the corridor. She was going to try and call Australia later. She hadn’t seen Frank since yesterday since she was busy. When she slowly opened the door, a woman was sitting on the chair next to his bed

“Hi” Sam said and the woman turned around…it was his wife

You're franks wife..I'm Sam…we met at the fish and chips place” Sam said with a smile

“Yes” Roo said sarcastically...she remembered her..

“How is he doing today?” Sam said and she walked over to Franks hospital report and looked at it

“Are you a nurse?” Roo said

“Pre med…so I work here as part of the program” Sam said and smiled then she put the report back. She got the impression that Franks wife didn’t like her very much.

“Anyway I just wanted to check and see how he is doing…can I get you anything?” Sam said

“No…thanks” Roo said and Sam smiled then she left the room as Roo stared at Frank and sighed.

Bayside Diner After Dark- Summer Bay

Background music- The diner jukebox

I follow the Moskva
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind of change
An August summer night
Soldiers passing by

Carly dropped another plate on the floor and Grant looked at her

“That’s the second plate tonight…are you alright?” Grant said

She wasn’t alright, nothing was alright right now and holding on to this secret wasn’t helping. She felt like a failure…a failure for not helping Pippa..a failure for drinking again.. There was still no news about Frank and it hurt her knowing that he was hurt…

“Fine” Carly said not looking at Grant

The world is closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

She felt helpless, they were a family but yet they couldn’t share the burden. As she picked up the broken plate a tear ran down her cheek, she couldn’t take it anymore. She stood up and put the broken pieces of plate she had in her hand and put them on the counter. She walked into the pantry and took a brown envelope out of her bag  and walked towards the office and knocked. She opened the door when Bobby said come in, closed the door behind her and sat down. Bobby looked at Carly, her face was red.

“What’s wrong?” Bobby said as she put the pen down and looked at Carly.

“Pippa said I shouldn’t say anything to you but I have to…she’s probably going to kill me for it but we are a family” Carly said as Bobby looked at her confused

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away (dream away)
In the wind of change

Walking down the street
Distant memories
Are buried in the past forever
I follow the Moskva
Down to Gorky Park

Background music ends

Mascot- Australia

The little boy walked in the dark. He didn’t know where he was going, he was just trying to find his mummy. “Mummy” the little boy sad and wiped the tears on his face. Suddenly he saw blue flashing lights and heard lots of noise. Then he saw a man walk up to him and bent down

“G’day mate..where are you going?” The policeman said

“Find my mummy” The little boy said said as tears ran down his cheek

"Whats your name mate?" The policeman said 

"Sam" Sam said

“Sam, Ill take you  somewhere safe and we can look for her ok?” The policeman said

“Ok” Sam said and the policeman picked him up and carried him to the car….

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby let herself into the house with her key

Pippa was sitting at the dining table altering Sally’s dress. She wasnt goint to go to bed..she was going to wait and see if Franks friend called her again.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here tonight” Pippa said and smiled. Bobby closed the door. She sat down at the table and looked at Pippa

“I didn’t realize that not living here anymore meant I wasn’t part of this family” Bobby said

“Of course you are part of this family” Pippa said and she laughed…then she looked at Bobby’s serious face and sighed

“Carly told you” Pippa said and she put the dress and needle down on the table

“Pippa, if you were so hard up why didn’t you tell me?” Bobby said

“Things will be fine, just going through a rough patch at the moment…there is no need to worry” Pippa said trying to convince herself

“Pippa, please don’t lie to me…Carly told me everything” Bobby said then she reached into her pocket and pulled out the receipts from the pawn shop and put them on table and Pippa sighed

“I thought I could handle this myself…I don’t expect my children to deal with my problems…Carly and no right to tell you” Pippa said annoyed

"“…and she told me about Frank” Bobby said and Pippa looked at her trying not to cry

“Pippa, I thought we dealt with problems as a family” Bobby said and Pippa sighed. Bobby was angry and hurt that Pippa didn’t tell her but she also understood. Bobby reached into her back pocket and took out an envelope and she put it in front of Pippa. Pippa opened the envelope flap and could see money inside the envelope

“Bobby I can’t take your money” Pippa said

“Pippa, no arguments…please. There is a cheque in the envelope, that should be enough to cover the outstanding bills and the late mortgage payments” Bobby said as Pippa looked at her in shock. We will sort out what we are going to do about the caravan park when you get back” Bobby said

“Get back from where?” Pippa said confused

“The money is for you to buy a ticket to go and see Frank.” Bobby said and Pippa put her hand over her mouth and a tear ran down her cheek

“I checked, there is a flight leaving tomorrow night. I made a reservation for you so you just have to go to the travel agents in the morning and buy the ticket. Carly and I will look after this place, and take care of the kids” Bobby said as more tears ran down Pippa’s cheek

“Bobby…I dont know what to say” Pippa said

“Don’t say anything…just promise me…no more secrets” Bobby said

“No more secrets…thank you” Pippa said and her and Bobby both stood up and they hugged.

Sam watched as Franks wife got into the elevator with her bags. She was probably going home for the night. Sam put the inpatient report down and put some sanitizer on her hands and rubbed them as she walked towards Franks room. Sam opened the door quietly then closed it behind her. She went and stood next to frank and gently held his hands. His face was still bruised and swollen

Flashback

Bobby- Frank…don’t you die on me Frank…I love you

Flashback ends

Sam watched as Frank moved his head then he slowly began to open his eyes and she smiled at him. She wasn’t sure if he knew she was there

“Hi Frank” Sam said softly then he closed his eyes and smiled slightly

“Bobby..I love you too..” Frank said in a whisper as Sam looked at him confused….

Background music ends…

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay...been a bit busy

Enjoy :)

Chapter 345

St Peters Church- Summer Bay

As Bobby drove back to the diner, she noticed that the church was open. She indicated and parked her car and turned the engine off and sighed

Background music -Frank and Bobby’s theme

Flashback

Carly- There is something else as well

Bobby- What?

Carly- Pippa got a phone call…Frank had some kind of serious accident and he is in hospital…......are you alright?

Bobby- Why wouldn’t I be?

Carly- I don’t know…

Bobby- Its fine

Carly- Pippa is really upset that she can’t go and see him. All she does is sit on the couch holding a photo of him…like she’s never going to see him again…

Flashback ends

Bobby slowly got out of the car and walked towards the entrance. Even though it was dark, the light outside the church entrance illuminated the path. Bobby slowly opened the church door and walked up the aisle and  looked ahead of her at Jesus on the cross. She sat down then closed her eyes as a tear fell down her cheek. Bobby opened her eyes and wiped her cheek “Thomas…look after your daddy” Bobby said as she closed her eyes put her hand on her heart and silently said a prayer for Frank. She didn’t know if she was doing it right, but she felt a sense of comfort come over her. When Carly told her that there was something wrong with Frank she tried to hold it together. She wished that she could be there with him…tell him it was going to be alright. Bobby sighed then she got up and walked out of the church, got into her car and drove away…

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Are you going to take me to school?” Sally said with excitement in her voice

“Hmmmm I need to think about that” Bobby said and started laughing

“Don’t tease” Sally said and Bobby gently stroked Sally's hair as Steve looked at her. He felt that something was going on, but nobody was telling him.

“Here I made you lunch” Carly said as she walked over to the table with two sandwich bags for Sally and Steve. Steve got up and walked behind Carly into the kitchen

“Carly…is something going on?” Steve said

“What do you mean?” Carly said

“Well ,why is Bobby here?” Steve said

“What do you mean?” Carly said

“You know what I mean..something is going on…tell me the truth Carly” Steve said

“Pippa, Bobby is going to take me to school this morning” Sally said and smiled as Pippa walked towards the table and sat down. She reached for Bobby's hand and smiled then she inhaled then exhaled.

“Oh I nearly forgot my homework” Sally said and began to get up from the table

“Wait a minute sweetheart…I want to say something” Pippa said and Carly walked out of the kitchen, and stood by the table

“Two days ago..I got a phone call…from America…I don’t know all the details…but its Frank…he had some sort of serious accident and he is in hospital” Pippa said as Steve and Bobby locked eyes….and he felt his guilt coming back again. Sally felt really sad…even though she was upset with Frank, she was still sad to hear that he was in an accident

“I am taking a flight…tonight to America…to see him…ill be away for a few weeks,  so Bobby and Carly will be  in charge” Pippa said as she looked at Sally and Steve

“Ok…I have to go to school” Steve said. He couldn’t take it…he felt so guilty about not protecting Bobby and the baby..and now that Frank was in hospital, it made him feel worse. Steve got up from the table and picked up his school bag. Then he walked over to Pippa and bent down and kissed her cheek.

“Safe journey..I hope Frank is alright” Steve said faking a smile and rushed out of the house as Pippa looked at Bobby and sighed

“He’ll be alright” Bobby said and smiled.

“I hope so” Pippa said and smiled…

Background music ends

High School- Summer Bay

Adam swept in front of the door and pushed the dust and dirt into the corner and used the dustpan to pick it up and put it into the bin. Initially he thought it was going to be hard working at the school, but it was a secure job with a steady paycheck. “G’day” Adam looked up to see a policeman looking at him “Im PC Nick Parrish…Im looking for Mr Fishers office” Nick said

“Just around the corner on your left” Adam said as he pointed

“Thanks” Nick said and he walked around the corner. Since the student died, things had been uneasy at the school…today was the second day that the police were at the school which made Adam feel uneasy..anyway..as far as he was concerned this was nothing to do with him. Adam said as he pushed the bin along the corridor.

“If you don’t mind me asking, is it appropriate that you are here?” Donald said

“I don’t understand what you mean” Nick said looking confused

“Well considering your family connection to the deceased” Donald said

“I am a professional Mr Fisher” Nick said as he looked at Donald

“Ok, if you say so…ill send the first student in” Donald said and he walked out of the office. Nick sat down and took a pen from his pocket..shortly after the door knocked and opened

“Hi” Lucinda said and she smiled

“G’day” Nick said and smiled. Things were still going well between them

“Do you want to grab some lunch when you finished?” Lucinda said

“Ok” Nick said and smiled then Lucinda leaned forward and kissed his lips

“Ill see you later” Lucinda said and smiled then quickly rushed out of the room. Nick smiled as he watched her go then his smile disappeared and he sighed. As much as he liked Lucinda…he couldn’t stop thinking about Julie….

Beach Summer Bay

Ben ran as fast as he could on the sand. He could feel his heart beating fast and the rush of adrenaline that he was feeling. He pushed himself as far as he could then he halted to a stop and began breathing heavily until he stopped then he wiped his sweaty face with his T shirt. Ben looked at his watch, he had to get back to have a shower. A mate of his gave him a contact for some construction work while he was around. Ben turned around and began to run back toward the caravan park..when he saw a familiar figure in the distance and began to run towards her.

Background music – Have you ever been alone

Roo looked at blood dripping down into Franks arm then she looked Frank. When she arrived in the morning at the hospital, she was told that he had some kind of turn in the night…his blood levels were low and somehow he caught an infection so the hospital had to give him a blood transfusion and treat the infection. Roo sighed. She looked at Franks broken leg, broken arm, the bruises and swelling on his face.  Just like she told the police, she didn’t know why anyone would do this to Frank. Since Roo arrived from Boston, Frank was still unconscious, but he was stable so that was a good thing. Roo stood up and walked over to the window. They were on the 8th floor so she could see a view of Manhattan. Roo smiled

Flashback

Roo- Frank guess what

Frank- You got the job?

Roo- Yes! Oh it feels so good to finally be doing something on my own…

Frank- Congratulations

Roo- Im really going to make a name for myself in Edisons..maybe even run my own PR firm one day…I cant wait

Flashback ends

Roo sighed then her smile disappeared. That was her dream…to make a name for herself at Edisons…and to some extent she did…but things are different now..none of that had to matter anymore because she had to be here for Frank. Roo walked over to the bed and looked up at Franks heart monitor that beeped everytime his heart beat. Roo gently touched his fingers..maybe this was meant to happen…maybe this was a sign that none of what she wanted mattered anymore…she had to be here for Frank...do what he wants..that's what she had to do as his wife…

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Marilyn smiled as she reached near the entrance. She looked around hoping to see Adam, but not this morning. After he helped her fix her car, they just saw each other in passing at the diner..but she thought he was very friendly. Marilyn looked at the door then she looked at the box of hair dye she was holding and shook her head. She really should have opened the door first

“Ill get the door for you” Marilyn heard a voice behind her

“Thank you” Marilyn said and smiled then she turned around and her smile disappeared as Ben stared at her. Marilyn felt her heart beating faster as Ben opened the door and she slowly walked inside

“Let me help you with the box” Ben said and before Marilyn could say anything, Ben took the box from her.

“How are you Marilyn?” Ben said

“Fine” Marilyn said as they walked towards the salon. Even though it was a short walk, it felt like it was taking forever.

“You look nice today” Ben said

“Thanks” Marilyn said. Even though it was daytime, she was scared…scared that she was here alone with Ben….scared of what he might do. Marilyn tried to calm herself down as they got to the front of the salon. Her manager wasn’t there yet, so Marilyn used her key to open the door and Ben followed her inside and closed the door. He put the box down on the counter

“Ive been thinking about you a lot lately” Ben said as he walked closer towards Marilyn

“B B Ben…you have a girlfriend…Carly” Marilyn said

“I know but I cant stop thinking about you” Ben said as he moved closer to Marilyn.

“Ben..Im not thinking about you” Marilyn said. She knew it wasn’t the right thing to say but she felt trapped. Then suddenly the door opened

“Excuse me, when are you open?” Ben turned around and Marilyn exhaled.

“Our grand opening is on Monday” Marilyn said and she rushed over to the customer and picked up a leaflet and gave it to her. We have some specials next week for hair” Marilyn said, and from the corner of her eye she could see Ben walking out of the salon as the customer talked. Marilyn wasn’t listening to what the customer said as she breathed a sigh of relief…

High School- Summer Bay

Karen stared at the wall and fumbled with her pen as Miss Woods spoke. She wasn’t paying attention. All she could think of was if PC Parrish believed what she said about Craig. He had to believe her because she still didn’t have a plan to get her out of Summer Bay…she needed some more time

“Karen” Hearing her name  brought her back to the present

“Yes Miss?” Karen said

“I said can you read on from page 231” Megan said

“Ok” Karen said as she fumbled to turn the pages on the text book in front of her. Just before she started reading she locked eyes with Steve who stared at her. Karen looked down into the textbook and tried to compose herself as she read…

“What do you need to speak to me for?” Adam said  as he sat down opposite Nick

“Well, ive spent all morning talking to the kids, and now I want to speak to the staff here to see if they saw anything or heard anything” Nick said

“I keep myself to myself” Adam said

“A student at this school took his own life as a result of being bullied”  Nick said

“Sorry about that, but I didn’t see or here anything” Adam said as he looked at Nick

“Well if you do remember anything here is my card” Nick said as he reached towards Adam with his card. Adam looked at the card then he looked at Nick then he took the card and got up and walked out of the office and closed the door. 

Flashback

Karen- You better do what I say or I am going to tell the whole school that you are queer

Craig- Why are you doing this to me, Ive never done anything to you

Karen- Because people like you make me sick…I changed my mind, I want $40 next week…and you better pay up”

Flashback ends

Adam sighed then he put the card in his back pocket and walked away…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“What are you doing in here?” Carly jumped when she turned around to see Ben open the caravan door, walk in and shut the door behind him

“Ben…Hi, I wanted to tidy up the van and surprise you…I didn’t know you were coming home for lunch..I can make you something if you want…Pippa has gone out to do a few things before she leaves tonight” Carly said and smiled

Background music- Carlys theme

“Did I ask you to tidy the van?” Ben said

“No, but I wanted to make it nice for you” Carly said and she reached up to stroke Ben's face. Ben grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back

“I'm sorry…I should’ve asked you first…I'm sorry” Carly said. She was angry with herself..Ben was right, he didn’t ask her to tidy the van..she was always doing stupid things to make Ben angry. Ben tightened his grip on her arm

“Don’t you ever come into this van when I am not here…do you understand me” Ben said through clenched teeth as Carly nodded and wiped a tear with her free hand

“Get out” Ben said and he opened the van door and pushed Carly out and shut the door. Carly sighed. Her arm hurt. When she looked down, her hand was bleeding, she had fallen on a bit of broken glass. Carly got up and began to walk back to the caravan park. This was her fault…as usual. Carly sighed a she opened the door to the house. Her hand was bleeding but it didn’t matter. She walked up the stairs and into her room and closed the door. She had a great relationship with Ben but was always finding a way to ruin it. Carly picked up her towel and cleaned the dirt and blood, then she wrapped the towel around her hand. She bent down and opened the draw and took out the bottle of whiskey and slowly opened it with her one hand. Carly put the bottle up to her mouth and drank some. She felt the burn as it ran down the back of her throat…soon the burning stopped and Carly drank some more then she closed the bottle and put it back in the drawer..She had to do things better..otherwise she was going to lose Ben…the man she loved..she had to be a better girlfriend..

Ben ran his hands through his hair then he sat down. He pulled his bag in front of him and opened it. He took out the letter and read it. He read the first sentence a few times. It wasn’t any different since the first time he read it. He sighed. He had to apologize to Carly…he needed her now more than anything…

Background music ends

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for reading.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

Chapter 346

High School- Summer Bay

Debra closed her office door and walked over to her desk and sat down. She stared at the phone inhaled, exhaled then picked up the receiver and began to dial

Stewart Store- Summer Bay

Alf counted the cans of beans on the shelf and put the number in the space next to beans on his list as the phone rang.  He walked over to the counter and put the clip board he was holding down and picked up the receiver

“G’day Stewart shop” Alf said

“Alf..its me” Debra said and Alf froze. Since Michael confirmed that he knew that he and Debra were having an affair he thought it was best to stay away from her. If Alf was honest with himself the last few weeks being away from Debra made him realize how much he didn’t want to ruin his marriage.

“Deb…you know you shouldn’t be ringing me” Alf said as he looked at the door making sure that no one was coming.

“I know..but I just needed to hear your voice” Debra said and Alf sighed. He had to admit, it was nice to hear Debra’s voice

“How are you?” Debra said

“Yeah…good…you?” Alf said

“Im fine…I just really miss you” Debra said and Alf sighed

“Deb” Alf was interrupted

“I know….we agreed that it was for the best that we stay away from each other…but when Blake said you are taking Ailsa away this weekend…It just made me realize how much I love you…and hate that we have to be apart” Debra said

“Deb, Im in a tough spot right now…you know we have to lay low until this thing with Michael blows over” Alf said

“Well…maybe its not such a bad idea that he knows…that people know about us” Debra said

“Now hang on a minute” Alf was interrupted

“I thought you loved me?” Debra said

“I do..,,but I never made any promises ” Alf said as he heard Debra sigh

“Ails and I get back on Sunday night…ill see if I can sneek out and see you” Alf said

High School- Summer Bay

Debra smiled to herself as she listened to Alf

“Ok” Debra said...they were meant to be a family...

Stewart Store- Summer Bay

“Right…ill give you a ring when Im back” Alf said

“Ok…I love you” Debra said

“I love you too…I better go” Alf said then he put the phone down and sighed. He felt confused. He really did love Ailsa and things had been better than ever…yet he also loved Debra. He thought he made a choice..the choice to be with his wife…now he wasn’t sure…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Why didn’t you ring me sooner?” Reverend Jones said

“I was just attempting to process everything” Pippa said and she sat down at the desk and adjusted the phone receiver in her hand

“What time are you leaving?” Reverend Jones said

“My flight is at 9pm” Pippa said

“If I leave now, I can get there in time to take you to the airport” Reverend Jones said

“That is very sweet of you, but Bobby will be driving me to the airport” Pippa said as she looked over to the photos on the desk and smiled at the family photo with Bobby in it.

“Ok…is there anything I can do for you?” Reverend Jones said

“Please say a prayer for my son” Pippa said as a tear formed in her eye. She was nervous and anxious about going to America. She didn’t know how Frank was or what to expect when she got there.

“Of course I will” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you” Pippa said and she wiped the stray tear that escaped from her eye

“Phillipa” Reverend Jones said

“Yes” Pippa said

“Please give Frank my best, and tell him that he will be in my thoughts and prayers” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you” Pippa said

“Maybe…you can call me…if you can…let me know when you get there…only if you want to” Reverend Jones said

“Yes, I can do that…well I better get going” Pippa said

“Ok…well I wish you a safe journey and go with the protection of God” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you Alex” Pippa said

“Goodbye” Reverend Jones said

“Bye” Pippa said then she put the phone down and sighed

Clergy House- NewCastle

Reverend Jones put the receiver down and stared at it. He was excited to hear Philipa’s voice, but also sad to hear that she was troubled because of Frank being unwell. He wished that he could be there…comfort her. Every time he felt that it was the right time to move forward he got the impression that Phillipa was just happy to be as they were. Reverend Jones sighed as he thought about Roberta. The news of Frank not being well would probably be a hard pill to swallow.

Knock on the door

“Come in” Reverend Jones said

“Sorry to interrupt you Reverend Jones , I just wanted to give you the list of what we need to get rid of all the weeds” Les said and he put the list on the desk

“The van will be here shortly, so I better get myself together” Les said and began to walk to the door. He turned around when he noticed that Reverend Jones had not responded. He noticed that Reverend Jones seemed far away in thought.

“Reverend Jones, is everything alright?” Les said and Reverend Jones didn’t respond. Les took two steps towards the desk

“Reverend Jones?” Les said again

“Hmmm pardon?” Reverend Jones said with a slight jolt of his body

“I was just saying that I just wanted to give you the list of what we need to get rid of all the weeds” Les said and he pointed at the list on the desk

“Oh I am sorry…I was miles away. Thank you. I will make sure we get the items before you come next week” Reverend Jones said and picked up the list

“Pardon me for saying Reverend Jones, but is everything alright?” Les said

“I just received some bad news…my friends’ son was rushed to hospital” Reverend Jones said

“Oh, I am sorry to hear that…what happened?” Les said as Reverend Jones stared at him. “I am not aware of all the details just yet…I was just going to say a prayer” Reverend Jones said

“ if you don’t mind…can I join you in prayer for him?” Les said and Reverend Jones smiled

“Yes please…that would be wonderful” Reverend Jones said as he stood up

“Do you mind if I say it” Les said  as Reverend Jones looked at him. He felt conflicted..he didn’t know if this was the right thing to do

“Please” Les said and Reverend Jones smiled and nodded. Both men walked over to the middle of the room and knelt down

“Can I please ask his name” Les said

“Thomas” Reverend Jones said then he closed his eyes

“Dear Father who art in heaven…we kneel before you asking for a blessing of healing on Thomas…your precious child…we also ask for blessing of strength and comfort for his parents..” Les said then he sighed. There was a few moments of silence and Reverend Jones  opened one eye to see that Les had a tear running down his cheek  “Dear Father who art in heaven, I also ask for a special blessing on my son…Frank..that wherever he is, he is happy and healthy..amen”  Les said

“Amen” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you” Reverend Jones said and smiled at Les

“No, thank you..Im sorry…I didn’t mean to add a prayer for my son, but it just seemed like that right opportunity” Les said

“No, its perfectly fine...I am sure wherever he is, he will really appreciate it” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“Thank you Reverend Jones, I better get going” Les said and walked out of the room and closed the door as Reverend Jones walked back to his desk, opened the draw and took out an old photo he had of Philippa hoping that for her sake the prayers worked…

“Hi Helen…its Ruth..thank you for sending the flowers…well he is still critical but stable…Im really sorry about not being able to come to work…oh is she…right…no no no that is fine….please tell her thanks from me..ok…I wont keep you any longer…when I get an idea of when I can come back, ill let you know..thanks..I just feel like I’m let you down..thanks Helen..bye” Roo said then she put the phone down. Everything in the office was still going on without her…Helen asked one of the other PR execs to go up to Boston in her place…because she had to be here..with Frank. Roo sighed She walked the short distance to Franks room and opened the door and let it close behind her. There was still not much of a change, Frank was still unconscious. Roo walked over to the window and and looked out at the view..it was of Manhattan..a place she loved then she sighed and turned around and walked over to the chair next to Franks bed and sat down…this was where she needed to be…she was Franks wife…and this was where she needed to be…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Sally closed her bedroom door and walked over to her bed and sat down. Christopher was playing downstairs with Steve, Carly had gone to work and Bobby had taken Pippa to the airport. She looked at the corner of her room at Mr Sparkles, the bear that Frank gave her.

Flashback

Frank- Don’t forget, anytime you miss me, give your bear a great big hug

Sally -OK

Frank- I love you Sal

Sally- I love you Frank

Flashback ends

Sally wiped the tear that ran down her cheek then she laid down on her bed and cried

Airport- The City

“Flight 374 to Singapore is now boarding at gate 5b”

Bobby and Pippa stood up as they heard the announcer

“Do you have everything?” Bobby said

“Yes I do” Pippa said

“Well you better get going before you miss your flight” Bobby said as Pippa picked up her bag

“Thank you Bobby…if it wasn’t for you…” Pippa stopped talking as tears began to form in her eyes

“Its ok..now you have to get going before you miss the flight, then where will we be” Bobby said and Pippa smiled

“Ok..Ill call as soon as I get there” Pippa said as Bobby hugged her

“Ok, safe journey” Bobby said as Pippa began to walk away

“Thank you..Ill see you in a few weeks” Pippa said and waved and began to walk away. As Bobby watched Pippa walk away she felt uneasy...like she needed to say something…

“Pippa”  Bobby said and she rushed up to Pippa. Pippa turned around and looked into Bobby’s eyes. Bobby knew what she wanted to say but the words wouldn’t come out as Pippa searched her face

“Ill tell him” Pippa said and smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said and they hugged again then Bobby watched as Pippa disappeared through the doors..

Bayside Diner After Dark- Summer Bay

“Carly” Carly turned around to see Ben standing behind her

“What are you doing here...I didn’t expect to see you” Carly said as she walked to the counter with an empty plate.

“I wanted to apologize for earlier…I know that you was just trying to be helpful” Ben said

“No its my fault, I shouldn’t have been invading your privacy” Carly said

“Do you forgive me?” Ben said and Carly smiled

“Yes” Carly said and Ben gently kissed her lips when he looked up he saw Grant staring at him then he turned around and walked back into the kitchen…

Background music ends

Chapter 347

Two days later

Yabbie Creek Inn- Yabbie Creek

“Mmmmm” Ailsa said as Alf kissed her then he put his arm around her and she snuggled into his chest

“I wish we didn’t have to go home” Ailsa said  “Its been so wonderful being here..just relaxing…not thinking about anything other than I'm glad that we fell in love” Ailsa said and Alf kissed her head

“Yeah, the break has been alright” Alf said

“I know its stupid to say but for a while, I thought I was losing you” Ailsa said

“What do you mean?” Alf said immediately

“I felt like we were growing apart…after your heart attack…you seemed really distant…as if you couldn’t talk to me anymore” Ailsa said

“No love, its all in your head..I suppose I had to get used to what happened to me…I needed time to wrap my head around it” Alf said feeling slight guilt

“I'm glad to hear it..I don’t know what I would do if I ever lost you” Ailsa said as she hugged Alf tight and kissed his chest. Alf sighed then he looked at he ceiling. He had enjoyed his time alone with Ailsa…but he still couldn’t get Debra off his mind…he needed to see her..her wanted to see her…he had to see her…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby smiled as she watched Christopher eat his toast.

“Sal, you not going to eat your breakfast?” Bobby said as she looked over to see Sally playing with her food as Carly walking into the kitchen

Sally shook her head no

“Are you not hungry?” Bobby said and Sally didn’t respond. Bobby sighed then she walked into the kitchen and looked at Carly

“Is she alright?” Carly said

“I don’t know..shes been really quiet since Pippa left” Bobby said

“Yeah I know..I think I have an idea that might cheer her up” Carly Said

“Sal…how about me you Ben and Christopher go to the beach today” Carly said and she said down next to Sally who didn’t respond

“Ben is bad at making sandcastles maybe you can teach him” Carly said

“And how about some chocolate cake for the teacher” Bobby said and Sally looked up at Bobby and smiled

“Ok” Sally said

“But only if you eat your breakfast” Bobby said pretending to be cross and Sally laughed and took a bite of her toast.

Bobby smiled as she put the milk and juice back into the fridge. When she closed the fridge, she noticed a drawing on the fridge door. It was of two people and “I love you Bobi”

“I love you too, Sal. Can I take this picture to my house”   Bobby said as she took the photo from the fridge door and walked near to the dining table.

“I didn’t draw it” Sally said as she chewed her toast

“Yes you did..you even spelled my name wrong” Bobby said and smiled and turned the picture around so Sally could see it

“I didn’t draw it, your sister Sophie drew it” Sally said and Bobby turned the drawing around looked at it

“How do you know she drew it Sal?” Bobby said

“I found it in the van..the one that Sophie and your dad stayed it” Sally said as Bobby walked back into the kitchen and stared at the drawing..

Woolgoolga- Australia

Sophie picked up the half eaten sandwich off the floor and wiped the dirt. She took a small bite from the corner and chewed. She was really hungry. She turned the tap on and picked up the cup next to the sink and placed it under the faucet until it was half way full. She put the cup on the side and turned the tap off. She drank some of the water then she walked over to corner and sat on the floor of the caravan. She could hear children playing outside but she dared not open the curtain. She ddint want to be hit again. Sophie bit off a little more of the sandwich and chewed as a tear ran down her cheek. One day Bobby would find her, Sophie thought to herself and Bobby would make her a nice sandwich and buy her an ice cream. Sophie drank some of the water in the cup as more tears ran down her cheek…

Presbyterian hospital- New York

Pippa’s heart beat fast as the elevator door closed. She had to go to the 6th floor. She watched as the numbers moved up. She was tired. She didn’t sleep much on the flight. She only wanted to get here quickly and see Frank. When the lift got to the third floor, the door opened and someone got in. Pippa smiled and moved over as the woman got in next to her. Pippa exhaled and felt anxious as the elevator door opened at the sixth floor. She stepped out of the elevator and looked around. She looked ahead at the sign pointing to the nurses station then suddenly she started feeling anxious again and her heart was beating fast. She rushed in the direction of the nurses station.

“Hello, please can you help me…Im looking for my son” Pippa said as the nurse looked up and smiled

“Ok, what is his name?” The nurse said

“Frank…Frank Morgan” Pippa said as she tried to calm herself down. The nurse looked at her file

“Yes, he is in room 202 just down the corridor and on the left” The nurse said and Pippa nodded

“Thank you” Pippa said and she rushed down the corridor. She was tired but that didn’t matter. She stopped when she got outside Franks room and took a deep breath. She wiped the stray tear that had run down her cheek then she pushed the door open. Pippa put her hand over her mouth in shock as she entered the room. She put her things on the floor and walked closer to Frank. His arm and leg where in a plaster cast, his face was bruised and he was connected to a heart monitor. Pippa gently ran her finger along his cheek as tears ran down her cheek “my boy” Pippa said as she cried. She wasn’t sure what to expect, but she didn’t think he would be like this.  “my boy” Pippa said as gentle raised Franks hand and rested it on her cheek

“Mrs Fletcher” Pippa turned around to see a shocked Roo standing by the door….

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve rested his hands on his on the back of his head and lay down and stared at the ceiling. The house was quiet. Everyone had gone out

Flashback

Steve- I’m going to miss you Frank..I wish you didn’t have to go

Frank- I wont be going forever…ill be at the other end of the phone

Steve- I know..its just not going to be the same

Frank- Im leaving you in charge…you are the man of the house…take care of everybody

Steve- I promise, I will

Frank – I know you will mate, I trust you

Flashback ends

Steve sighed. He was supposed to look after everybody but he let Sally get kidnapped and Bobby lost the baby. In a way, he also let Craig down.  Even though Frank wasn’t his biological brother, he loved him just as much. He let Frank down. Steve moved his hand and picked up the letter on his bed…the letter from his aunt reminding him that he had a home in England. Steve stared at the letter then rested it n his chest. He put his had back under his head and stared at ceiling.

Background music ends

Background music- have you ever been alone

“Thanks” Pippa said as Roo handed her a plastic cup of coffee. She took a sip then she looked over to the bed where Frank was lying

“I know I should’ve been the one to call you” Roo said as she sat on the on the chair next to Pippa

“Its alright” Pippa said sipping her coffee and not taking her eye off Frank. If she was honest, she was a bit disappointed that Roo didn’t call her

“Do you know what happened?” Pippa said

“No…all I know is I was in Boston working and got the call from the hospital that Frank had been attacked” Roo said and Pippa sighed

“He is going to be alright…the Drs said it looks worse than it is” Roo said and laughed. She trying to convince Pippa but also herself. Pippa turned around and looked at her

“I hope so” Pippa said and smiled

“Is there a phone around? I need to let everyone at home know that I got here” Pippa said and she stood up and put her cup of coffee on the table by Franks bed

“Yes, its just out of the door and on the left” Roo said and Pippa smile and looked in her bag for some money. She didn’t know how much she would need

“Hold on, I have a calling card” Roo said and she grabbed her bag and opened her purse and took the calling card out and handed it to Pippa

“Just ring this free number at the bottom and follow the instructions” Roo said and smiled

“Thank you” Pippa said and she walked out of the room as Roo's smile disappeared. She was annoyed that Pippa was here..she was Franks wife…she could take care of him..she had to take care of him…she had no other choice now…

Background music ends

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 348

Lawrence Residence- Summer Bay

“Be reasonable Debra” Dennis said

“I am being reasonable” Debra said with a raised voice then she realized that the children could possibly hear so she sighed but it was to late…Karen was standing in her room with the door slightly opened

“We both agreed that its best for the children to live with me full time” Debra said

“Well I changed my mind. I want my children with me full time, and considering Karen is not happy here, I think it makes perfect sense” Dennis said

“What do you mean Karen is not happy here” Debra said surprised

“You are obviously too engrossed in your work to realize that your daughter doesn’t want to be here…maybe you should be paying close attention” Dennis said

“Don’t patronize me Dennis” Debra said then she looked at her watch and folded her arms. Alf was coming home tonight and asked her to meet him later on at the shop.

“I am not patronizing you, I am clearing making an observation” Dennis was interrupted

“There is no observation to make. Karen and Blake are both well adjusted here…they like it here. Blake enjoys his job at the shop and Karen has friends” Debra said

“Look its getting late and we appear to be going in circles” Dennis said

“So what happens now?” Debra said and sighed

“I will see you in court..” Dennis was interrupted

“You are not having my children” Debra said

“They are my children too” Dennis said as Debra stared at him

“Goodnight” Dennis said then he opened the front door, walked out and closed the door behind him. Debra sighed. This was all she needed right now. A fight with her ex about the children, and not knowing where she stood with Alf. Karen slowly closed the door and smiled to herself. Her plan was working. She spent most of the weekend crying to her father about how much she hated it in Summer Bay. Soon she was going to be back in the city where she belongs and away from the Craig drama at school….

Stewart/Ross residence- Summer Bay

“I thought I said you should put your clean clothes in the drawer” Celia said as she stood in Haydns room. Haydn looked up from his video game at Celia then he continued his video game.

“I am speaking to you Haydn” Celia said again to which Haydn ignored her. Celia was frustrated. She thought that by now they would’ve developed a better relationship but all she got was talking back and disrespect.

“HAYDN!” Celia said with a raised voice

“Youre not my mum, you cant tell me what to do” Haydn said and laughed

“I WISH I WAS SO I CAN GIVE YOU A SPANKING” Celia said and paused. She couldn’t believe that she just said that

“What the hell is going on here?” Celia turned around to see Michael looking at her with any angry look on his face

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Grant closed the door behind him. He noticed Bobby in the kitchen cleaning. He knew that when she was cleaning, it usually meant that something was wrong

“Hi” Grant said as he walked into the kitchen

“Hi…did you and Megan enjoy the movie?” Bobby said

“Yeah it was ok” Grant said

“Do you want a coffee or something?” Bobby said as she put the cooking pots in the lower cupboards

“Is everything alright?” Grant said

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Yeah, fine. I just made some dinners for this week for the mob at the caravan park” Bobby said and smiled

“You not staying there tonight?” Grant said

“No, I wanted to do the cooking and clean” Bobby said

“Have you heard from Mrs F, did she arrive ok?” Grant said

“Yeah….she called earlier..she got there fine…you sure you don’t want some tea or anything..I was just about to make one” Bobby said

“No, im fine…going to head off to bed” Grant said and he looked at Bobby

“Alright then, I probably wont see you in the morning, I have to drop this lot off then head into the city for a class” Bobby said as she poured the hot water into her cup as Grant watched her

“Are you sure everything is alright?” Grant said

“Of course…why?” Bobby said as she poured some milk into the cup

“Its just that when you clean an already clean kitchen I know something is on your mind” Grant said

“Honestly nothing is wrong…anyway Im going to have a bath while this lot cool down…goodnight” Bobby said and smiled then she picked up her cup and walked up the stairs as Grant watched her go. Bobby walked into her room and closed the door. She put the cup on the side table and sat down

Flashback

Bobby- Pippa! How are you? Where are you?

Pippa- Im fine Bobby..Im just here at the hospital

Bobby- how is Frank?”

Pippa- The doctors say he is critical but stable…but they are optimistic that he will pull through.

Bobby- Sally is here she wants to talk to you

Pippa- Ok

Bobby- Pippa…

Pippa- I will tell him..

Flashback ends

Bobby picked up the bear that was laying comfortably at the end of the bed and she held it tight

“Thomas look after your daddy” Bobby said as a tear ran down her cheek then she closed her eyes and rested her chin on top of the bear and sighed..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly slowly closed the bedroom door. Christopher was fast asleep. She sighed then walked into her room and closed the door. She took her shorts off and put her pyjama bottoms on. As she unbuttons her blouse she winced in pain as she moved her left arm to take off the blouse. Carly took off her blouse and put her pyjama top on and sat on the bed then slowly laid back. It was nice to hear from Pippa. She didn’t have much to report about Frank other than he was critical but stable which was good news. The best news she had all day.

Flashback

Ben- Don’t you think you should ask me before you make decisions for me

Carly- Its just the beach, I didn’t think you would mind

Ben- So you’re a mind reader as well?

Carly-No, I just thought you would want to spend the day with me

Ben- You and those brats

Carly- Ill look after them you don’t have to do anything

Ben- No

Carly- Come on, it wont be that bad..

Ben- I SAID NO AND DON’T YOU EVER MAKE DECISIONS FOR ME

Carly- Ok Ben..Im sorry.

Ben….GET OUT

Carly- Im sorry

BEN- I SAID GET OUT

Flashback ends

Carly sighed and turned over onto her side where her arm didn't hurt Ben was right, she had no right to make decisions for him…she thought it would be fun going to the beach..like a little family outing. Ben was the best relationship she ever had, and she was always doing something to spoil it. Carly sighed. She had to find a way to make it up to him..

Ben stared at the ceiling of the caravan then he looked at the letter on the side table. He had to apologize to Carly…he needed her…

Background music ends.

Stewart/Ross residence- Summer Bay

Celia opened her eyes when she heard Michael finally come to bed. The room was dark as he sat down on the bed then he reached for the lamp on his side of the bed and turned it on.

“I I’m sorry about what I said earlier” Celia said as Michael took of his trousers

“It shouldn’t be me you should be apologizing to” Michael said as he put on his pyjama pants

“I know..I will apologize to Haydn in the morning…I just got a bit frustrated that he wouldn’t listen to me” Celia said

“And do you blame him? Considering you want to spank him” Michael said as he sat down on the bed and took off his shoes

“Its just that I don think he likes me very much” Celia said

“So everything has to be about you?”Michael said and looked at Celia

“That little boy’s life has drastically changed. He has been uprooted to a new place, new school, new home what do you expect from him?” Michael said

“I know..its just that Ailsa said” Celia was Interrupted

“Ailsa said what” Michael said annoyed

“Ailsa said that he should have adjusted by now” Celia said

“What did I tell you about discussing my business with Ailsa?” Michael said

“Its not like she is a stranger…she is family…besides she was only showing concern after she noticed that I was upset about Haydn not warming up to me” Celia said

“She should be showing concern about what is going on in her own house and not worrying about what is going on in this house” Michael said

“What is going on in her house?’ Celia said curiously

“Why don’t you ask her! Im not going to tell you again, stop gossiping to her about my business” Michael said then he got into bed and reached for the cord of the lamp and turned it off. Celia sighed. The room was dark as Celia laid back and pulled the covers up to her chest as she thought about what could possibly be going on in Alf and Ailsa home….

Sorry for the delay in update. I've been very busy, and probably cant update more than once a week for the Near future. Anyway, Thanks for reading

Chapter 349

Pippa opened her eyes and yawned. She didn’t know how long she had been asleep in the chair for. Roo mentioned that she was going home to go home and have a shower and change, but Pippa didn’t want to leave the hospital. Pippa sat up and yawned then she folded her jacket up and put it on the chair next to her. Pippa looked at Frank, he was still unconscious then she sighed. It had been a while since she saw Frank, and she wasn’t expecting to see him like this

“Oh, Im sorry” Pippa looked up to see a young woman at the door. She had bright blue eyes and had her hair in a high bun.

Sam looked at the woman sitting down with the friendly face. She knew it wasn’t Franks wife

“Its alright, do you need me to leave the room?” Pippa said assuming that the nurse needed to perform some tests on Frank. As the woman spoke, her voice sounded familiar…different. She had an accent like Franks..then a lightbulb went off in Sams head

“Mrs Fletcher?” Sam said

“Yes” Pippa said confused

“My name is Sam…I called you about Frank” Sam said and smiled and Pippa smiled

“Yes…but you never told me your name” Pippa said

“Im sorry. I wasn’t sure if I should call you..I wasn’t sure how Frank would react” Sam said

“Thank you” Pippa said

“When did you arrive?” Sam said

“Yesterday evening” Pippa said

“You must be so tired” Sam said

“I dozed off for a few hours in the chair” Pippa said

“Can I get you some coffee or something?” Sam said as Pippa looked at her. She was very nice

“Yes that would be nice” Pippa said “Is there somewhere I can freshen up?” Pippa said

“Yes, I can take you to the staff restroom, we have a shower in there” Sam said

“Thank you, that will be fine” Pippa said and smiled

Police Station- Summer Bay

Nick looked up from the report he was writing to see his uncle seated at the desk. Nick sighed. He knew that his uncle wasn’t handling things well but he bottled things up. What was also making things worse is that they were no where near finding out who was bullying Craig at school

Phone ringing

“PC Barnett” Nick said as he picked up the phone

“Hi Nick, its me” Lucinda said and Nick slowly sighed

“G’day, how are you? Nick said

High School- Summer Bay

“I just wanted to say good morning’ Lucinda said as she smiled. She knew she wasn’t allowed to use the phone for personal calls, but things were going so well with Nick.

“Good morning” Nick said as Lucinda smiled to herself

“Anyway I have to go..” Lucinda said

“Ill see you later” Nick said and Lucinda smiled

Police Station- Summer Bay

Nick put the receiver down and sighed. He liked Lucinda; they had been spending time together. He thought that maybe she can be the one considering he was immediately attracted to her when he met her…but he still couldn’t get Julie off his mind. That last time seeing her in the Yabbie Creek shopping centre, she looked so beautiful. He almost forgot that he was there with Lucinda. He felt that there was something unfinished between them. Nick stopped the rest of his thought and realized he was being silly There was nothing unfinished between them.. As far as he was concerned, it wasn’t going to work anyway. Nick thought then he picked up his pen and continued to write his report.

High School- Summer Bay

Adam swept the floor of the entrance as the school kids began arriving. He heard a loud laugh and when he looked up, he saw Karen and her group of friends walking towards the school. He continued to sweep as he heard them walking closer

“Oops, I dropped something” Adam turned around to see Karen seductively bending down to pick up a chocolate wrapper that she dropped on the floor then she put it in the rubbish bin as Adam watched her. Karen smiled at Adam then she looked at her friends and they walked away giggling. A few weeks ago, he wouldn’t have minded the flirting. Even though she was young, Karen was attractive…but know what he knew now…as far as he was concerned she was a bad seed, and he wanted nothing to do with her..besides…he had his eye on Marilyn, and if he played his cards right…she would be his. Adam smiled to himself and continued to sweep the floor.

“You really have the hots for him, don’t you?” Karen’s friend said

“He is such a spunk” Karen said

“He wont look at you” Karen’s friend said

“Maybe he already has” Karen said and winked and walked off as he friends looked at each other in shock and giggled behind her…

Pippa tied her hair back into a ponytail. She felt much better after having the shower. She folded the top she was wearing and put it into her back and zipped it. As she sat down, the door opened. Sam walked in with a tray and she put it down on the tray at the end of Franks bed

“Thank you for letting me use the shower” Pippa said

“Youre welcome..I wasn’t sure how you would take your coffee, so I got some extra sugars and milk” Sam said with a smile and Pippa got up and walked over to the bed

“I thought you would like something to eat as well” Sam said as she lifted the extra plate covering the plate. Pippa looked at the food on the plate and tray it appeared to be eggs and bacon on plate, and orange juice and a roll on the tray.

“Thank you” Pippa said as she opened a small cup of milk and poured it into the cup as Sam smiled

“Are you not going to have anything?” Pippa said

“No, I ate already” Sam said then she looked at the time.

“Oh, I need to get going..Ill be back later on before I leave, but if you need anything, you can ask the nurses to page me. Samantha Packard” Sam said and she smiled.  Pippa didn’t know her but she felt very comfortable with her...she also looked familiar

“Before you go..I just want to say thank you again…for calling me” Pippa said

“I was in two minds about doing it” Sam said

“But im glad you did. Your call was the answer to a prayer that I very much needed…not just about Frank, but…anyway, thank you again” Pippa said and she reach out her hands and gently grabbed Sams hand. Sam smiled

“You're welcome” Sam said and Pippa smiled then she let go of her hand as Sam walked out of the room. Pippa put some sugar into her coffee and stirred it with the plastic spoon. She took a small sip then from the corner of her eye she saw Frank move his head. Pippa put the cup down on the bed tray and rushed over to his bed

“Frank” Pippa said and she gently caressed his forehead as he moved his head slightly then he opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something

“Shhh its ok, try not to speak” Pippa said as a tear formed in her eye. Frank opened his eyes..his mum was here

“Pippa” Frank managed to say as Pippa lifted his hand up to his cheek and breathed a sigh of relief. Frank looked around, he was in the hospital, he looked at his leg in plaster then he sighed as a tear ran down his cheek as he remembered what happen …..and all the trouble he was still in…

Background music ends

Archived