Martha Snr - My thoughts

46 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Maybe its just me, but addressing it wouldn't have had an impact on his relationship with Ailsa. It just seems odd that he got this secret letter and forgot about it for years. 

Alf most likely thought Ailsa wouldn't understand, or would get jealous if she found out Martha had been in touch so said nothing that's my take anyway 

10 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I thought Alf got a letter from her in the middle of 1988, when Roo was heavily pregnant with Martha. Alf found out just after he married Ailsa I think. This happened offscreen. This was probably before Alf had a row with Ailsa where he said she may stab him if he crossed her, and she fled to Sydney then Singapore.

probably but they never got divorced so Alf never acted on the letter from Martha, the one hole i can think of is why did it (the letter) not resurface during the 1996 floods/earthquake the 1997 and 06 cyclones the landslide or the 2008 earth tremor? where the hell did he keep Martha's letter that it survived all those disasters?!

1 hour ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I thought Alf got a letter from her in the middle of 1988, when Roo was heavily pregnant with Martha. Alf found out just after he married Ailsa I think. This happened offscreen. This was probably before Alf had a row with Ailsa where he said she may stab him if he crossed her, and she fled to Sydney then Singapore.

That wouldve been an interesting story line seeing if Alf  would decide to go after Martha because his marriage to Ailsa is over. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

probably but they never got divorced so Alf never acted on the letter from Martha, the one hole i can think of is why did it (the letter) not resurface during the 1996 floods/earthquake the 1997 and 06 cyclones the landslide or the 2008 earth tremor? where the hell did he keep Martha's letter that it survived all those disasters?!

?

The same place Bobby's wedding album was after it survived the fire in the flat

The storyline pissed me off to begin as I've sat through too many Back from the dead storylines (Harold Bishop, Den Watts, Kathy Beale, Dee Bliss, so help me god if Archie Brooks turns up alive in Emmerdale, I'm out!)

with but Martha's grown on me.  Ray and Belinda do have somewhat a chemistry. 

4 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

The storyline pissed me off to begin as I've sat through too many Back from the dead storylines (Harold Bishop, Den Watts, Kathy Beale, Dee Bliss, so help me god if Archie Brooks turns up alive in Emmerdale, I'm out!)

with but Martha's grown on me.  Ray and Belinda do have somewhat a chemistry. 

That was my thoughts as well because at the time this was announced Neighbours was annoying viewers with Dee (is she isn’t she?) so I had assumed that Martha was going to be another Dee

7 hours ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

That was my thoughts as well because at the time this was announced Neighbours was annoying viewers with Dee (is she isn’t she?) so I had assumed that Martha was going to be another Dee

The fact that bothers me is that we saw Dee in the car with Toadie whereas the other's bodies weren't seen. However, Madeleine and Ryan were able to do it convincingly (Still put my nose outta joint, though).

Archived