Irene's Mysterious Grandsons

voyager50

How old are Finlays two boys?

At a very rough guess I would think they are around 20 by now but the way Irene was talking on the phone about them to Fin recently it sounded liked they are still young children! 

Is this just another  error or are they maybe planning on bringing them into the show but making them way younger than they should be?    I've said it before but why, why , why have they never been to the Bay?!

5 hours ago, voyager50 said:

How old are Finlays two boys?

At a very rough guess I would think they are around 20 by now but the way Irene was talking on the phone about them to Fin recently it sounded liked they are still young children! 

Is this just another  error or are they maybe planning on bringing them into the show but making them way younger than they should be?    I've said it before but why, why , why have they never been to the Bay?!

I thought the same, either they’ve been out partying and are still living at home or they’ve made them a lot younger.

3 hours ago, adam436 said:

Could Finn have younger sons than just Paul and Mark? I know it was meant to be difficult for her to get pregnant, hence the whole surrogacy story in the first place, but who knows?

Well done for remembering their names - I had no idea what they were!!

Surely , if she had had more children Irene would have mentioned it at some point?   

Paul and Mark would be 22 by now, but it is entirely possible Fin has other children.I mentioned in the UK thread that there was a picture of her with a girl in Irene's photo album once and it isn't unheard of for family details to not be mentioned until years later.It's only a couple of years ago that Irene mentioned Nathan was married and we were famously told Sarah and Tug were somehow married with children about a decade after they left the show.

17 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Paul and Mark would be 22 by now, but it is entirely possible Fin has other children.I mentioned in the UK thread that there was a picture of her with a girl in Irene's photo album once and it isn't unheard of for family details to not be mentioned until years later.It's only a couple of years ago that Irene mentioned Nathan was married and we were famously told Sarah and Tug were somehow married with children about a decade after they left the show.

Who’s Nathan married to? That Irish nurse? 

I imagine the writers/producers deliberately want to keep details vague on the off-chance they want to introduce her grandchildren at some point. It seems very unlikely, as surely they'd have done it by now if they wanted to instead of filling up the house with characters like Olivia and randoms like Bella, Chris, Spencer, Jasmine etc.

I find it odd the producers seem happy to reintroduce/invent family for Alf (Duncan and Bryce, Roo, Martha McKenzie, Ric, Quinn and Ryder), but the only member of Irene's family to be introduced in the last 15 years is a retconned son who was a villain. 

I guess Irene's house has always been filled with randoms, stretching right back to Selina and Chloe! Possibly that's why there's no need to have random relatives come to live with her, because there's always someone else there anyway.(She did of course have her new granddaughter come and stay with her for a bit but she's better off where she is.)

8 hours ago, adam436 said:

I imagine the writers/producers deliberately want to keep details vague on the off-chance they want to introduce her grandchildren at some point. It seems very unlikely, as surely they'd have done it by now if they wanted to instead of filling up the house with characters like Olivia and randoms like Bella, Chris, Spencer, Jasmine etc.

I find it odd the producers seem happy to reintroduce/invent family for Alf (Duncan and Bryce, Roo, Martha McKenzie, Ric, Quinn and Ryder), but the only member of Irene's family to be introduced in the last 15 years is a retconned son who was a villain. 

Good point about Alf - they do seem to invent an awful lot of relatives for him and not make use of known relatives of other characters.

Archived