Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

Managed to find a H&A Romances DVD the other day, which has the pilot episode, so bought it, mainly for the pilot episode bonus feature. I have watched all of the 1988 season now, so the pilot completes it, as it set the stage for 33 years (and counting) of drama. Nice to have a H&A episode on DVD, the movie which opened the show.

Huge mistake Bobby being killed off in 1993. Although every time I open a fridge I think of Bobby. ?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/12/2020 at 14:01, Homeandawayfan. said:

Managed to find a H&A Romances DVD the other day, which has the pilot episode, so bought it, mainly for the pilot episode bonus feature. I have watched all of the 1988 season now, so the pilot completes it, as it set the stage for 33 years (and counting) of drama. Nice to have a H&A episode on DVD, the movie which opened the show.

Huge mistake Bobby being killed off in 1993. Although every time I open a fridge I think of Bobby. ?

I think that episode is now iconic! My brother was little at the time and screamed the house down when she came out of the fridge.

I know this may be an unpopular opinion but I don’t think Nicole Dickson is a great actress. Maybe she gets better as time goes on but she shouts all her lines and is not convincing 

11 hours ago, Conan said:

Season 1 & 2 have been pulled from Amazon USA :( So. Guess that answers that. IDK how long it will remain on UK...

That's the thing ya see.......How do we get to keep these episodes? They can't just pull the plug on them whenever they feel like it so we can't watch the episodes

23 hours ago, Conan said:

Season 1 & 2 have been pulled from Amazon USA :( So. Guess that answers that. IDK how long it will remain on UK...

It’s still on Amazon Prime, I’m looking at it right now...

On 14/12/2020 at 09:01, Homeandawayfan. said:

If Nicolle no longer wanted to play the part, they could’ve written the character out and had someone play her later on.

Every time I watch the pilot, I always shed a tear when the family are taking the family photo at the end. 

what is on the romance DVD? 

On 23/12/2020 at 06:13, Summer's Bay said:

If Nicolle no longer wanted to play the part, they could’ve written the character out and had someone play her later on.

Every time I watch the pilot, I always shed a tear when the family are taking the family photo at the end. 

Yup the only full 80s ep given a DVD release 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2020 at 19:13, Summer's Bay said:

Sorry but Bobby was a one-off. There are just some characters you CANNOT recast.

Bobby being recast would not have been good for me, I'd just think of her as "Not Bobby". Like the recast Cody in Neighbours was a fake.

If Don Fisher was still a head at SBH today, no doubt the lippy students would reply with "OK boomer" to Flathead when he admonished them lol. Don is too old to put up with such crap now from pupils anyway.

Archived