Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 22/11/2019 at 11:01, c120701 said:

I must say, Amazon’s billing status is a little harsh.

Starring Roger Oakley, Vanessa Downing, Alex Papps, then everyone else is listed under Supporting actors. I mean, I can understand Roger & Vanessa as effectively they were the leads, but poor Ray Meagher.

In fairness, after about the first 100 episodes, Roger, Vanessa and Alex were each around 10 episodes clear of the next batch of characters.

So while H&A has always been a show with an ensemble cast, these three were in far more episodes than the likes of Ray and Judy. Sharyn (Carly) and Nicole (Bobby) eventually caught up to the top 3, but that was later in the season. Meanwhile characters like Neville, Floss, Martin, Lance and Sally featured far less. I should post an episode count one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I really am loving the early years streaming on Amazon prime. Currently approaching the end of "Season 1".

Does anyone know if Amazon Prime have any plans to stream "Season 3"? It's been quite a while since Season 2 was added to the library.

On 18/07/2020 at 12:56, 90sfan said:

I really am loving the early years streaming on Amazon prime. Currently approaching the end of "Season 1".

Does anyone know if Amazon Prime have any plans to stream "Season 3"? It's been quite a while since Season 2 was added to the library.

It's great isn't it! I'm not saying this to be rude but instead of (or as well as!) asking on here, the best thing to do is ask Amazon because the more interest people show in the episodes the more chance they will add more. They're not gonna be scouring H&A forums to see if people are asking about more episodes, but if they get people actually asking them about it then it will increase our chances.

• 4 months later...

I am watching season 1 and Roo has mentioned calling her nan and grandad. I take it these are Martha’s parents as I thought the Stewart’s’ parents had died?
I never even thought that Martha’s parents may have been “alive” when she died. More people Alf lied to! 

Also, did Pippa only find out late in her pregnancy she was pregnant? As Roo is still pregnant and Pippa has had Christopher yet I have seen Frank and Roo’s wedding previously and it was known Roo was pregnant then but no mention of Pippa’s pregnancy 

29 minutes ago, ter06 said:

I am watching season 1 and Roo has mentioned calling her nan and grandad. I take it these are Martha’s parents as I thought the Stewart’s’ parents had died?
I never even thought that Martha’s parents may have been “alive” when she died. More people Alf lied to! 

Gordon and Sarah Stewart were still alive for at least the first couple of years of the show, it was mentioned a few times that they were in Tahiti and both Alf and Celia went to visit them there. Alf did receive word after a few months that they had decided to settle there, and whilst there was the odd reference to imply they may return at some point (their house was the one Celia was living in), they obviously never did and the references to them petered out.

9 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Gordon and Sarah Stewart were still alive for at least the first couple of years of the show, it was mentioned a few times that they were in Tahiti and both Alf and Celia went to visit them there. Alf did receive word after a few months that they had decided to settle there, and whilst there was the odd reference to imply they may return at some point (their house was the one Celia was living in), they obviously never did and the references to them petered out.

Thanks Dan. I am surprised they are alive at this point, not sure why though! 

I wonder what the reasoning behind them not being introduced was? Especially as they had a house, kids, a granddaughter, grandson etc.... They were pretty well established for characters we never met! 

12 hours ago, ter06 said:

Also, did Pippa only find out late in her pregnancy she was pregnant? As Roo is still pregnant and Pippa has had Christopher yet I have seen Frank and Roo’s wedding previously and it was known Roo was pregnant then but no mention of Pippa’s pregnancy 

Pippa gave birth about two months after the wedding and already knew she was pregnant then.I guess it didn't come up.

Archived