Early Years on Amazon Prime UK

jmford85

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Mervin Baldivis had the potential to become a regular character. He only appeared in 2 episodes, in Jan and Feb 1988 respectively. He was a distant relative of Martha Stewart nee Baldivis, about 10 times removed though. ?

Did they even ADDRESS that, which is the real question?

48 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Did they even ADDRESS that, which is the real question?

Not in the show, no. It was a question that we’d always had though, so I asked Bevan Lee when I put together Martha’s profile a couple of years back, in case Merv was intended to be Martha’s dad or something. He said that he saw Merv as some sort of cousin or distant relation, so I added it as a note to the end of the profile.

1 hour ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Baldivis is a rare surname and it was probably a no brainer than Merv was somehow related to Martha, but never addressed, and Bevan Lee said he was just some sort of distant relative. Also if Merv had been Alf's father in law, it would probably have been stated in those 2 episodes.

Yes, plus Martha’s parents owned/ran the store but Merv worked for the council. They sold the store after Martha died and moved to the city, I think. Odd that they’d leave given Roo was there.

3 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Yes, plus Martha’s parents owned/ran the store but Merv worked for the council. They sold the store after Martha died and moved to the city, I think. Odd that they’d leave given Roo was there.

Maybe they found it too painful to remain in the bay.

Archived