Would it be possible for Alf and crew to restore/rebuild the Bayside diner after the fire?

I'm just wondering, because the Pier diner is hideous in some places (especially that grotesque lattice or whatever thing, then again, the Beachside Diner was also hideous), if it was possible for the Bayside Diner to make a return, even though it was burned out. And I think it's time there was another diner fire (I must say, this incarnation of the Pier diner looks much better than the last, Barnhurst prison-like one).

I hated the short-lived concept of the original Pier Diner in 2008 with it being split into a kid's diner and a more adult space. Adult and teen characters should be intermingling on the show, it didn't need any further incentive to keep them separated. I also hated the look of both areas. As for the replacement "condensed" Diner, it was extremely bland and unimaginative. 2010+ Pier Diner was, in my opinion, the most realistic the Diner has ever looked. It actually felt like a real place. I have long since stopped watching so I don't know if it's gone downhill since then.

2000-2008 Beachside Diner was... fine. I never really warmed to it for some reason (maybe because the exterior building was ugly and the interior was drab) but it was....... ok. It also bugged me incessantly that they had a backdrop of the wrong beach (Palm Beach) outside the window.

While I have a nostalgic fondness for the original Bayside Diner (and the 1998 makeover), it was a really unrealistic and obvious set. It would look even worse in today's HD quality. Of course it wouldn't have to look the same if they brought it back.

23 minutes ago, Sally Keating said:

I hated the short-lived concept of the original Pier Diner in 2008 with it being split into a kid's diner and a more adult space. Adult and teen characters should be intermingling on the show, it didn't need any further incentive to keep them separated. I also hated the look of both areas. As for the replacement "condensed" Diner, it was extremely bland and unimaginative. 2010+ Pier Diner was, in my opinion, the most realistic the Diner has ever looked. It actually felt like a real place. I have long since stopped watching so I don't know if it's gone downhill since then.

2000-2008 Beachside Diner was... fine. I never really warmed to it for some reason (maybe because the exterior building was ugly and the interior was drab) but it was....... ok. It also bugged me incessantly that they had a backdrop of the wrong beach (Palm Beach) outside the window.

While I have a nostalgic fondness for the original Bayside Diner (and the 1998 makeover), it was a really unrealistic and obvious set. It would look even worse in today's HD quality. Of course it wouldn't have to look the same if they brought it back.

True, the current Pier diner does look the most realistic.

The outside of the Bayside Diner looked awful to me and never seemed to match the inside, especially when it had the later revamp.

I think the show itself was undergoing a bit of a revamp in 2000 with a cast overhaul and the decision to veer away from the fostering aspect, so probably an entire new Diner set fitted in with that.

Archived