Why were the Braxtons so isolated from the community?.

j.laur5

It felt like it was almost was two different shows, one with Braxtons and other with the rest of characters.  Sure they did cross paths now and again with other characters but never felt regular or any sign of being close to the community. 

Take John and Marilyn's wedding episode. One part of the episode had everyone enjoying the wedding and the other part the Braxtons dealing with Casey's murder and Brax being under arrest. 

When Brax came out of hiding him and Ricky left without the town ever finding out on screen that Brax was alive after all . 

Kyle-  I think Kyle was the biggest victim in being isolated as Kyle never had scenes at the three biggest locations,  School/Summer Bay House/Beach House. Sure I do realise he didn’t have much reason to go to school but most characters find themselves having scene at school at some point even Neville McPhee had screen time at school once in 1988. 

I think it was because Brax's 'us vs them' mentality. Every time someone outside the family asked any questions or offered to help they were (rudely) shut down by Brax. I found that really annoying. On one side he was painted as hero (who wanted to be part of the community) and on the other he was rude/mean to everyone including family members. The only family member that interacted with other characters was Casey - he was friends with both, the Palmers and the Walkers. 

It's the same with Robbo now, out of all characters on the show he is only close to Colby, Tori and Jasmine. 

4 hours ago, Lila_Q said:

I think it was because Brax's 'us vs them' mentality. Every time someone outside the family asked any questions or offered to help they were (rudely) shut down by Brax. I found that really annoying. On one side he was painted as hero (who wanted to be part of the community) and on the other he was rude/mean to everyone including family members. The only family member that interacted with other characters was Casey - he was friends with both, the Palmers and the Walkers. 

It's the same with Robbo now, out of all characters on the show he is only close to Colby, Tori and Jasmine. 

I am not only one who didn’t think Brax was not  very nice at times as notched it lot durning my rewatch of 2014-2015 . 

Its shame Kyle wasn’t involved in characters more after his brothers but unfortunately they seemed turned Kyle into Brax in 2015 and gave him all Braxtons storyline’s. 

Other problem with Kyle was fact all his  love interest were ether characters they come in by being  connected to Braxtons like Tamara or connected to his past like Phoebe and then he just had brief thing with guest characters like Roblyn  and Billie who was guest at time and Charlotte and Isa for his plot device exit. 

Its shame Kyle didit get together with someone like Maddy /Evie /Hannah/Denny  as least dating one of them might got him involved with other  characters outside Braxtons.

I think that the original "band of brothers" concept was a good one.  Three boys from a disadvantaged background who had grown up the hard way with only themselves to rely on.  I think that explained why they didn't integrate into the Summer Bay community.

For me it could only ever have been a short term storyline and was carried on far too long to the point where it really stretched credulity.

• 1 month later...

I guess it was supposed to be part of the allure? like how the community was with the River Boys or the Mangrove River kids, although I feel they integrated into the community better than the Braxtons did. (like Dean and Matt kind of just became Summer Bay locals, and Josh integrated quite well too but maybe not as good because of Andy)

• 1 month later...

I think it was an "us vs them" attitude. I know families who keep together and have this "one for all and all for one" attitude like the Braxtons had. And I doubt any decent member of Summer Bay would want to know them as they were a criminal gang of siblings, similar to the Kray Twins. Alf called them a bunch of "knuckle heads" once.

• 2 weeks later...

I will always be annoyed how Brax, Ricky and Kyle left without much notice. Sure I do realize a lot of characters leave without much notice and some without even a proper exit. Look at Matt Wilson and Rob .

It's funny how when Brax faked his death the whole town banded together without Kyle or Ricky being there to grieve his death and when no one outside Braxton circle was particularly  close to him. Then no one seemed bothered after finding out Brax was alive after all. Both Brax and Ricky left town unnoticed other than  Phoebe, Ash and Nate.  I thought it was very bad writing when Phoebe and Ash wanted to keep secret. So much for Phoebe wanting to get away from the dramatic life  as moment all Braxtons left   and finally free form Braxton dramatic life  what did Phoebe do go out of her to get involved with Morgan who had just as much of dramatic life and I guest they needed to give Phoebe something to do to full out  rest of  Isabelle contract .

Archived