Your Favourite Current SB Family?

UK_fan

Who is it?  Mine are the Astoni's.  I find them very interesting, likeable, complex, grounded, intriguing and charismatic characters.  Ziggy is my favourite, but Ben and Maggie are great too and I hope Coco pops back soon and stays longer, she's fab.  I hope some more family members are introduced at some point.

Their family scenes are fantastic and I love the on screen rapport Sophie/Anna has with Kestie and Rohan.

15 hours ago, UK_fan said:

Who is it?  Mine are the Astoni's.  I find them very interesting, likeable, complex, grounded, intriguing and charismatic characters.  Ziggy is my favourite, but Ben and Maggie are great too and I hope Coco pops back soon and stays longer, she's fab.  I hope some more family members are introduced at some point.

Their family scenes are fantastic and I love the on screen rapport Sophie/Anna has with Kestie and Rohan.

I really grew to like them all and I love Maggie. She is fantastic principal. 

I love how the Astonis took a while to fit in particularly with Leah and Maggie getting off on the wrong foot. 

I definitely don’t think Maggie is a simple mother hen type character as she characteristics other than being a mum. 

10 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I really grew to like them all and I love Maggie. She is fantastic principal. 

I love how the Astonis took a while to fit in particularly with Leah and Maggie getting off on the wrong foot. 

I definitely don’t think Maggie is a simple mother hen type character as she characteristics other than being a mum. 

Yes.  I like that about Maggie too.  She's a fantastic Principal, she's respected in the community, she's intelligent and well liked, she's a Mother, Wife and I like that she isn't stereotyped into just filling the Mother hen role by the show.

Ben is very family orientated, he's got a stubbornness and temper to him, but he is also well respected and liked by the family and is also career focused too.

The Astoni's have definitely been given a lot to do, but it's not been at full throttle unlike the Morgan's, who I think have had a lot thrown at them and sometimes TPTB end up over exhausting the characters and their popularity dwindles because of it or story telling, writing decisions or choices etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with the Astonis (even with Coco being away). I also like the Colby/Willow/Dean/Bella 'family' dynamic.

I kind of feel like families are lacking a bit at the moment? Not that I don't love the more unconventional ones, but I guess because nobody is fostering anymore and Jett left, you've got John/Marilyn and then Irene on her own, and the Morgans at times feeling kind of split up. I'd love to see another family join the show soon.

I think the Astonis are great. They really feel like an old-school Home and Away family in that they all clearly love each other and are all there for each other. Also, their storylines are all character driven instead of all the OTT explosions, guns and hostages that we have on the show.

Including Coco, I think the four of them together really do feel like a family.

Archived