You favorite friendships in early years?.

j.laur5

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sally and Lance- I haven't seen many people talk about this friendship(or maybe they have but I just haven't seen it). 

Bobby and Narelle- I disliked that the producers swapped out Narelle for Marilyn.

Bobby and Carly-  They didn't see eye to eye all the time, but deep down they really cared for each other when it mattered.

Ailsa and VanPip- I got the impression that VanPip saw Ailsa as a big sister. 

On 20/08/2019 at 12:23, Sally Keating said:

I loved the friendship that endured between Marilyn and Adam, how she remained at his bedside following the car crash and how they seemed to have a strong understanding of and for each other.

They were one of the better examples of Exes who still cared for each other. 

Alf and Donald. It continued past this era of course but that time in the late 90s was the point where they really developed an almost brotherly relationship.It's the sort of friendship that can only happen when you've got characters on a show together for years and years!

On 14/09/2019 at 08:35, Red Ranger 1 said:

Alf and Donald. It continued past this era of course but that time in the late 90s was the point where they really developed an almost brotherly relationship.It's the sort of friendship that can only happen when you've got characters on a show together for years and years!

They were brothers-in-law for many years, but yeah, it certainly developed more and more the longer that the two of them were side by side. I've just re-watched 1988 and it's interesting to see how far Donald came as a character, and consequently how their relationship developed. Fisher and Alf were constantly disagreeing about one thing or another, particularly Nico Pappas. 

Ailsa and Donald is another one - Ailsa would always seem to be the one who would reach out to Donald when he'd shut out everyone else, but I think that got lost as time went on, especially once he got involved with Marilyn. 

Archived