You favorite friendships in early years?.

j.laur5

What are you favorite friendships in the early years as in 1988-2000?.

Pippa-Floss-I love how Floss seemed to become a mother figure to Pippa.  Floss devoted her life to helping Pippa and I remember Floss telling Neville that the things she hated most about leaving was not being around to help Pippa anymore. I kinda  felt like Floss predicted that Pippa was going have a hard road ahead and wishes she was going be around to help her.

Ailsa-Irene-Ailsa was the first person to treat Irene respectfully. When Irene first returned in 1993 I think Ailsa saw a lot of Irene in her as Ailsa once had a dark past  and was treated disrespectfully by the town. Ailsa knew Irene had changed and wanted to give her a chance to prove to everyone  that she had changed.  Sure Ailsa might not have wanted Irene to become business partners with her but I think it was a case of worrying that Irene might become a bit more  pushy as partner than Bobby was.  At least with Bobby being Ailsa's niece by marriage and being a lot younger, Ailsa knew that Bobby would follow her lead more. 

Ailsa-Colleen-I really like how Ailsa seemed to not treat Colleen as a joke and noticed in the year they worked together Alisa seemed to know  how to get Colleen not to put her nose into people/customer's business  by doing it in a more respectful manner.  Unlike Alf and Irene who  always seemed to threaten to sack Colleen or even been bit harsh with her and even Leah in later years seemed to get harder with her. 

Ailsa-Leah-In the year they were on the show together it was clear they had a close friendship and it's a shame they didn't have more years to grow closer.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shane and Damian's friendship. It was an unexpected friendship as Damian was the "nerdy" character and Shane was the "bad boy" character, like I always thought the friendship was just a farce, but I loved it.

On 20/08/2019 at 12:23, Sally Keating said:

I loved the friendship that endured between Marilyn and Adam, how she remained at his bedside following the car crash and how they seemed to have a strong understanding of and for each other.

Yes. She was also the only one who believed he wasn’t stalking Shauna in 1999

On 22/08/2019 at 12:43, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Shane and Damian's friendship. It was an unexpected friendship as Damian was the "nerdy" character and Shane was the "bad boy" character, like I always thought the friendship was just a farce, but I loved it.

Yep, they were an unlikely duo but I think the friendship was genuine. I think Damian said something along the lines of Shane respecting him for what he was though. I like to think that if Shane hadn't died, the pair would've stayed in touch over the years. Shane would've loved ripping the p*ss out of him for being a priest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/08/2019 at 10:30, j.laur5 said:

What are you favorite friendships in the early years as in 1988-2000?.

Pippa-Floss-I love how Floss seemed to become a mother figure to Pippa.  Floss devoted her life to helping Pippa and I remember Floss telling Neville that the things she hated most about leaving was not being around to help Pippa anymore. I kinda  felt like Floss predicted that Pippa was going have a hard road ahead and wishes she was going be around to help her.

Ailsa-Irene-Ailsa was the first person to treat Irene respectfully. When Irene first returned in 1993 I think Ailsa saw a lot of Irene in her as Ailsa once had a dark past  and was treated disrespectfully by the town. Ailsa knew Irene had changed and wanted to give her a chance to prove to everyone  that she had changed.  Sure Ailsa might not have wanted Irene to become business partners with her but I think it was a case of worrying that Irene might become a bit more  pushy as partner than Bobby was.  At least with Bobby being Ailsa's niece by marriage and being a lot younger, Ailsa knew that Bobby would follow her lead more. 

Ailsa-Colleen-I really like how Ailsa seemed to not treat Colleen as a joke and noticed in the year they worked together Alisa seemed to know  how to get Colleen not to put her nose into people/customer's business  by doing it in a more respectful manner.  Unlike Alf and Irene who  always seemed to threaten to sack Colleen or even been bit harsh with her and even Leah in later years seemed to get harder with her. 

Ailsa-Leah-In the year they were on the show together it was clear they had a close friendship and it's a shame they didn't have more years to grow closer.

My favourite friendships were Dodge & Steven, and Shane & Damian

Archived