Amanda Vale- What were your thoughts on her character?

UK_fan

I thought she was amazing, my favourite character of all time.  She was complex, unpredictable, fiery, feisty, bitchy, sassy, fun, vulnerable, great with her comeback insults.  She had a good character development arc from zero to hero and I was really gutted when she left at the time she did, but looking back it was the right time as Amanda got so much done in such a short time and it rounded off her arc very well.

I adored the Panda relationship and Holly worked fantastic with Nicholas Bishop.

I loved the Project 56/Josh West/Hunter storylines,  Dan, Belle, stuff etc too much to mention, but Holly made that character work and for me was so believable because of the sheer screen presence and charisma she had that made Amanda so exciting to watch because I was glued to the screen to see what she would do next.

I stopped watching not long after she arrived, not because of her, but because I was fed up with the direction of the show in general. I did however, get the feeling she initially was meant to be H&A's answer to Izzy Hoyland, an incredibly popular Neigbours' character at the time.

From your comments, it sounds like she came into her own though

It would be nice to see Ryan and potentially Amanda return considering Leah does not seem to acknowledge her family enough. Despite the fact that she recently went to visit her parents in the city, she does not seem to mention her brothers.

Going slightly off topic Amanda reminds me a bit of Andrea from Neighbours as Andrea wanted to inherit the Bliss estate while Amanda tried to inherit Graham Walters (Beth Hunter's fathers) estate. Also Andrea and Amanda were both mentally unstable although the main difference is Amanda left on a positive note whilst Andrea left to go the lock up!

8 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:

It would be nice to see Ryan and potentially Amanda return considering Leah does not seem to acknowledge her family enough. Despite the fact that she recently went to visit her parents in the city, she does not seem to mention her brothers.

Going slightly off topic Amanda reminds me a bit of Andrea from Neighbours as Andrea wanted to inherit the Bliss estate while Amanda tried to inherit Graham Walters (Beth Hunter's fathers) estate. Also Andrea and Amanda were both mentally unstable although the main difference is Amanda left on a positive note whilst Andrea left to go the lock up!

I don’t think Amanda was unstable compared to Charlotte King and Angie Russell . 

On 27/07/2019 at 11:04, EndlessSummer said:

I think would be better for Matt Little to play Ryan Baker and save VJ to be played by Lukas Radovich.

But not surprise Leah does not mention Ryan or Amanda as they not blood related and Ryan was only Leah step son for sort amount of time. 

I love when someone quoted    once Rachel was Leah never mention before or after best friend.  

Lets not forget hardly anyone gets mention after they  leave   unless its something related to plot. 

On 27/07/2019 at 10:43, j.laur5 said:

I don’t think Amanda was unstable compared to Charlotte King and Angie Russell . 

Haha thats true!

21 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

I think would be better for Matt Little to play Ryan Baker and save VJ to be played by Lukas Radovich.

But not surprise Leah does not mention Ryan or Amanda as they not blood related and Ryan was only Leah step son for sort amount of time. 

I love when someone quoted    once Rachel was Leah never mention before or after best friend.  

Lets not forget hardly anyone gets mention after they  leave   unless its something related to plot. 

Yeah that would be interesting if Matt Little did play Ryan Baker. 

Yeah but since Amanda left the bay has Leah even mentioned her existence?

It was very hard to believe that before she came the bay, Rachel and Leah were friends. Considering they shard small screen time together.

I agree with that 100% the fact that H&A does not acknowledge it's past in any way (weather it be returns or mentions) is disappointing.

• 4 weeks later...

She was a cow but had a heart underneath that.

Plus Holly Brisley... Wow! I'll keep this fairly clean with the statement "All Day, Twice on Sunday". ?

The things that stick out most for me (No Innuendo here) during her run were

- Slapping Robbie

- Sleeping with Dan while he wasn't in the right frame of mind

- Being Beth's evil stepmother

- Project 56

- Belle reveal

- Swimming in the buff (Damn you censors!)

- The Kelli stuff that nearly destroyed her

- The Drew mess which had her complete the set with the Baker men!

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

She was a cow but had a heart underneath that.

Plus Holly Brisley... Wow! I'll keep this fairly clean with the statement "All Day, Twice on Sunday". ?

The things that stick out most for me (No Innuendo here) during her run were

- Slapping Robbie

- Sleeping with Dan while he wasn't in the right frame of mind

- Being Beth's evil stepmother

- Project 56

- Belle reveal

- Swimming in the buff (Damn you censors!)

- The Kelli stuff that nearly destroyed her

- The Drew mess which had her complete the set with the Baker men!

That’s feels like nothing compared to baddies  we had on show since then. 

I remembered watching Amanda  2005 and early 2006!episodes little while ago and was I  thinking Amanda is tamed when think in decade time they have Charlotte King. 

Archived