The most implausible storyline

project90

Saw this idea on a Neighbours forum and thought it would be cool to do here 

I'll work out the contenders and get something going in the polls section eventually. The more plot holes, implausible backstory and clumsy retcons the better

Martha back from the dead- never really explained how she did it and why there were no repercussions of her faking her death,  then we add in the fact Alf knew pretty much the whole time 

Summer Bay stalker/Peter Baker witness protection  : More so the second act, how she managed to fake her death and get another crack at terrorizing the town and talking a police officer into helping. It also leads on to Peter's fake death. Officially the explanation was they wanted him to go into witness protection and after exploration he unconscious and they witness protection people gave him drug put him into deep coma and made him look like he was dead even fooled the machines .than they made a doctor go along with it and declare him dead. Than When talk about body who had died and who's liver Jack got only explanation given was "it was somebody else" such bad writing 

Good calls :)

I can't really speak for late 2005 - early 2014, which is probably where the height of the OTT storylines was, but I can't think of much from the early years that were that farfetched. 

The Sutherland family welcoming Dani's rapist into the family - I know it took years, but I think it's something that no rape victim or parent would ever forgive. 

I agree with Martha. It felt a bit like something they'd come up with on the spot and not something they'd been planning for a long time.

Also the fact that Roo never met or was able to find younger Martha, even though she was in the Bay for all of those years (I know Roo wasn't there when she was but come on). I could've understood if they'd killed her off when Jodi left and then Alf had to say she was dead.

The Sutherland twin mix up was absurd too. Not only were there continuity errors (i.e. the telepathic link), but Jade and Kirsty looked similar enough to be twins. If it were done with say, Oscar and Evie, it'd have more believable as they don't look as much alike.

8 hours ago, adam436 said:

The Sutherland twin mix up was absurd too. Not only were there continuity errors (i.e. the telepathic link), but Jade and Kirsty looked similar enough to be twins. If it were done with say, Oscar and Evie, it'd have more believable as they don't look as much alike.

Also Kristy and what's her name were identical twins  don't you know they be incidental when you pregnant if not surely know at birth so surely you going think something not  right when your kids grow up looking different if they going try pull this off could lease made her get swap with a fraternal  twin

The "psychic"-based storylines, which are impossible in reality, namely:

• The prediction of "a death in the family" (which turned out to be Frank's accident when he drove off from his and Roo's wedding)
  • Irene predicting Luke's windscreen being smashed
  • Selina predicting Steven and Dodge's clifftop fight

11 hours ago, adam436 said:

I just think they just throwing any drama at them at that point!. 

On 18/07/2019 at 12:33, project90 said:

Also Kristy and what's her name were identical twins  don't you know they be incidental when you pregnant if not surely know at birth so surely you going think something not  right when your kids grow up looking different if they going try pull this off could lease made her get swap with a fraternal  twin

Kristy and Jade might have looked alike but not so much to be identical twins. Also, as someone who's got 6 sets of twins in the family, I find absurd all believes about telepathic link, feeling the pain at the same time, liking the same things, etc. With Oscar and Evie, I think they should've cast someone that at least looked similar, I always had to remind myself that they were twins. I think it would be interesting to cast twins to play twins. There was an american TV show (can't remember the name) about two twin sisters in high school. They were played by real twins and even though they looked very similar you could still see the difference (they also had very different fashion styles so the difference was always obvious).

Recent story line that I found implausible was Robbo's amnesia. In real life, people with amnesia have to regain memory within 2-3 months, otherwise they won't be able to recover at all, so for Robbo to fully recover after 8 months was just ridicules.... but then again he was just another Summer Bay medical miracle. 

32 minutes ago, Lila_Q said:

Kristy and Jade might have looked alike but not so much to be identical twins. Also, as someone who's got 6 sets of twins in the family, I find absurd all believes about telepathic link, feeling the pain at the same time, liking the same things, etc. With Oscar and Evie, I think they should've cast someone that at least looked similar, I always had to remind myself that they were twins. I think it would be interesting to cast twins to play twins. There was an american TV show (can't remember the name) about two twin sisters in high school. They were played by real twins and even though they looked very similar you could still see the difference (they also had very different fashion styles so the difference was always obvious).

Recent story line that I found implausible was Robbo's amnesia. In real life, people with amnesia have to regain memory within 2-3 months, otherwise they won't be able to recover at all, so for Robbo to fully recover after 8 months was just ridicules.... but then again he was just another Summer Bay medical miracle. 

Everything about Robbo is silly lol But hopefully I enjoy his new story with Lance now that Tori's gone for awhile

Archived