Unpopular Opinions?

UK_fan

What are yours either past or present?  I'll start.

As I've said in another thread I like the characters of Jasmine and Robbo, they're very well portrayed by Sam and Jake, but they feel so isolated and I feel so awkward watching their scenes, which is a shame and I can't explain it?

I like Bella.

Astoni's>>>> Morgan's.  Ziggy/Dean are also a better match chemistry wise than Ziggy/Brody (but I only started watching recently)

Leah is truly the black widow of the bay.  I fear for Justin, she's cursed.

I loved Charlie/Brax together.

I couldn't stand Martha (the one played by Jodi Anasta- Gordon at the time)

Amanda Vale is my favourite character of all time and I adored Holly Brisley.

I liked Rocco Cooper.

I liked Sam and also her pairing with Jack despite her being turned into a killer.

The Hunters were good characters, but grated on me and I was Team Amanda when she went up against them.

Tony was better with Rachel than he was with Beth.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A really interesting topic. 

I do like Robbo and Jasmine together, they are different, but they really work well off each other. 

I've been liking Evie since 2015, when she was still far from most people's favourites. 

I've always hated Hunter, even when he made his "change" in 2015. 

Like you, I like Bella. I don't think she's being a brat at all, she is dealing with some deeply emotional issues and Colby's been doing a terrible job with her. 

I found it hard to accept Angelo, especially when he returned in 2009. 

I did not like Maddy and Oscar together, because in 2014, Maddy was using Oscar for his own reasons, and even after that, they weren't really interesting. 

I did feel a great deal of sympathy for her, but I found it a bit ridiculous that Billie was immediately forgiven for her lying.   

3 minutes ago, D.B said:

A really interesting topic. 

I do like Robbo and Jasmine together, they are different, but they really work well off each other. 

I've been liking Evie since 2015, when she was still far from most people's favourites. 

I've always hated Hunter, even when he made his "change" in 2015. 

Like you, I like Bella. I don't think she's being a brat at all, she is dealing with some deeply emotional issues and Colby's been doing a terrible job with her. 

I found it hard to accept Angelo, especially when he returned in 2009. 

I did not like Maddy and Oscar together, because in 2014, Maddy was using Oscar for his own reasons, and even after that, they weren't really interesting. 

I did feel a great deal of sympathy for her, but I found it a bit ridiculous that Billie was immediately forgiven for her lying.   

I really  liked Angelo and thought Luke Jacobz did a great job playing!  He was divisive, marmite, complex and unpredictable, but at least he made an impact and got people talking whether it was good or bad.

Even though they ended up friends in the end I did love Amanda's vicious put downs of Leah, the sickly sweet, i'm so innocent routine Leah has does grate sometimes.

On 08/07/2019 at 18:54, UK_fan said:

I really  liked Angelo and thought Luke Jacobz did a great job playing!  He was divisive, marmite, complex and unpredictable, but at least he made an impact and got people talking whether it was good or bad.

Of course, Luke really did a great job as Angelo. And he was a really interesting character. But I was never really comfortable with him coming back, though to be fair, he did caught on a lot of grief from the residents there. 

4 hours ago, UK_fan said:

I couldn't stand Martha (the one played by Jodi Anasta- Gordon at the time)

I really liked Martha.  She was one of my favourite characters (this was actually the last time I watched the show regularly), although the writers had her come off the rails somewhat after Jack died.

I'd love Jodi to come back to H&A.  She is absolutely wasted on Neighbours. 

I really dislike Dean and Ziggy as a couple and I much preferred her with Brody, (before they changed his character and had him cheat on her). I recently saw the promo of all the cast singing the theme tune together after a while, and in it, we can see Brody and Ziggy being loved up together, which only confirms my opinion that they were better suited together. They actually felt like a proper couple that were in it for the long haul. For me, Dean and Ziggy don't give me that impression. I don't feel that the two of them would realistically stay together for the long haul and be a happy couple during that time.

I agree, I prefer Astonis to the Morgans, although I did really love the Morgans when they first came on...then it kind of went downhill.

I did like Romeo/Indi but kind of thought she was better on her own. She became too co-dependent and didn't have many storylines outside of him. I actually enjoyed seeing her after he died having to find herself and be her own person.

I liked Ruby.

I also liked Charlie/Brax.

I never understood why would Brax choose to back up Kyle, Ricky and Josh over Casey. He always put Casey first and even though they were manipulated by Danny, Andy and Adam, it was completely out of character for him to bring them to live with the Braxtons.    

I liked Amanda Vale - I think that H&A needs more villains like her.  

I find Romeo, Hannah, Denny and Oscar's deaths unnecessary. 

I don't like how they need to have the wedding every season and then have short lived marriages. 

I don't understand why would Kat and Tori be with someone like Ash. I also don't understand why would Bianca be with someone like Heath. 

I'm tired of IVF storyline. So far it has been predictable, and as Robbo and Tori will most likely end up together, we don't really need all this additional drama. They should've just focused on fertility issues in this storyline and not love triangle.  

I don't like how they don't take disabilities and health issues seriously. 

I don't like how they brought old character back (i.e. Will, Kane, Sally, Chloe) just to have them destroyed.

I liked Tory and Rachel more than Tony and Beth and Rachel and Kim.

I find it odd that Mason only had one serious love interest (Beth) since he came to the show. 

Archived