Births, deaths and marriages on 7Plus

adam436

I've just watching the births, deaths and marriages on Channel 7's streaming app. 

Some good moments on there: 

Births - Martha, Shane, Byron, VJ & Lilly, Pippa, Ella, Archie, George, Rocco and Casey

Deaths - Meg, Bobby, Shane, Noah, Flynn, Jack, Belle, Charlie, Gina, Casey

Marriages - Shane & Angel, Vinnie & Leah, Sally & Flynn, Noah & Hayley, Jack & Martha, Aden and Belle, Romeo and Indi, Heath & Bianca, April & Dexter, John & Mariyln

Michael and Beth's deaths also occur in the episodes in which Shane and Archie are born, but they are grouped under "births" rather than deaths.  

Oddly, whoever complied this list managed to get a significant number of the years incorrect too. 

I don't know if there are plans to add more later, but we are missing so many iconic episodes, particularly from the early years. I know we can't include every birth, death and marriage, but some fairly landmark episodes are missing. In terms of births, the major ones missing are Duncan and Olivia's (which is interesting, considering both are recent characters), as well as Sophie giving birth to Tamara, a major storyline at the time. Some of the "major" weddings not included are Frank & Roo, Frank & Bobby, Ben & Carly, Don & Mariyln, Dan & Leah, Travis and Rebecca, Kane & Kirsty (again, we can't include every wedding, but these I'd consider more significant than some of those that were included!). The other deaths I'd love to have re-watched include Phil Matheson, Tom Fletcher, Stephanie Mboto and Ken Smith. I know all but Tom were not iconic characters, but Ken's deaths had some amazing performances from Lynne McGranger and Zac Drayson and Stephanie's death has always stayed with me, as it was the first major death I recall during my time watching the show. 

It could also be fun to have a section for some "major events" that aren't birth, death and marriages such as episode 4000, the landslide, the earthquake, Sally's departure, the big bushfire from 1995(?), the London episodes from 1996 and 2001 etc. 

Another one from the early years is Dale Ross's cot death. I remember that making a big impression on me at the time. It won the 1993 Australian Film Institute award for Best Episode in a Television Drama Serial.

On 18/05/2019 at 21:31, cymbaline said:

Another one from the early years is Dale Ross's cot death. I remember that making a big impression on me at the time. It won the 1993 Australian Film Institute award for Best Episode in a Television Drama Serial.

I've not seen that episode (only short clips) but that's not bad going for a story that was only written to cover Debra's real life pregnancy :)

I do feel these are there to cater for the newer fans and most of the "classic episodes" are merely there for other reasons. For example, the births of VJ, Bryon and Martha are linked to current characters and Shane's death, Shane JR's birth and Shane and Angel's wedding have "the Melissa George factor". For that, I'm surprised we didn't have Olivia's birth, since she was a recent character. 

I understand not everything could have been included, but I'd happily have forgone a few of the more recent (and in my opinion, less memorable) moments for more classic episodes I've either never seen or not seen since broadcast. 

All the episodes are the ones previously made available on Presto a few years back following a public poll (when they had the tie-in with the Braxton spinoffs).

So whilst fingers can be crossed, I wouldn't hold my breath in thinking they might be actively working on making any more available at the moment.

On 21/05/2019 at 07:01, Dan F said:

All the episodes are the ones previously made available on Presto a few years back following a public poll (when they had the tie-in with the Braxton spinoffs).

Thanks. I was not aware of this - if it were a public poll, I guess it makes sense all the more recent moments are in them then as opposed to the classic episodes ^_^

I watched Noah's death last night - I'd actually forgotten how bad Michael Beckley was :lol:

Archived