Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

welshbayfan

Summer Bay High School - Uniform

Recommended Posts

That would've been amusing¬†ūüėā

There's a school in England that used to have its school uniform identical to Summer Bay High.  I think the kids voted for it at some stage. You can still see a small photo of it on their homepage https://www.bramdeanschool.co.uk/ They seem to have made changes to it since, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 00:33, cymbaline said:

That would've been amusing¬†ūüėā

There's a school in England that used to have its school uniform identical to Summer Bay High.  I think the kids voted for it at some stage. You can still see a small photo of it on their homepage https://www.bramdeanschool.co.uk/ They seem to have made changes to it since, though. 

Thats so cool. Its a shame they changed it. I feel like every school now has huge blazers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always found it strange how all the girls have to wear dresses. You would think they would let the female characters wear the male uniform or have a generic dress top/blouse they could wear. I do like that Bella has changed the uniform to wear trousers and have the dress as a top. It suits her character and looks right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old school now has girls and boys wearing the same uniform - shirt/jumper/trousers. Probably its way of dealing with the girls pushing the envelope regarding skirt lengths. Pale northern hemisphere skin and navy skirts/socks is not a good look ūüėā

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2019 at 10:46, David Deex said:

I have always found it strange how all the girls have to wear dresses. You would think they would let the female characters wear the male uniform or have a generic dress top/blouse they could wear. I do like that Bella has changed the uniform to wear trousers and have the dress as a top. It suits her character and looks right.

I feel like some schools are becoming a bit more gendered though in terms of uniform. Mine used to be the generic black trousers, sweatshirt and polo shirt for both girls and boys (with the option to wear skirts, but no one ever did), where as now it seems you have to wear skirts with tights/high socks and blazers, and trousers for boys.

I think a generic uniform would be good though, as the girls dresses look a lot...nicer/fancier? compared to the boys uniform (probably because most of them wear jeans).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lunar said:

I feel like some schools are becoming a bit more gendered though in terms of uniform. Mine used to be the generic black trousers, sweatshirt and polo shirt for both girls and boys (with the option to wear skirts, but no one ever did), where as now it seems you have to wear skirts with tights/high socks and blazers, and trousers for boys.

I think a generic uniform would be good though, as the girls dresses look a lot...nicer/fancier? compared to the boys uniform (probably because most of them wear jeans).

Yes, and they wear their Shirts and ties casually too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned before Kit and Tasha wore the boys uniform before being told to wear the girls uniform, also Bella wearing the cut off dress with jeans. I didn't mind the uniform I wore at college, liked the shirt and skirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when Kit tried to buck the trend but had to concede.

And who could forget Alan and Romeo's turns in that dress! ūüėā

Tights were also a variant, Carly wore them at one point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Summer Bay uniforms are great for Australia because its so hot. I have never understood why Raffy wears such silly socks though. All the other girls wear white ankle or calf socks. I think the posts with SBHS girls wearing over the knees are a bit Britney Spears! I really dont like Raffy in those red and black spotty socks! Have they got strawberries on them or something?

 

I think Bella is allowed to wear Jeans because she has some emotional problems. Jeans and DM's promote a tougher image, even if she feels vunerable inside.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's only one image DMs cook up for most folk¬†ūüėā

Ah, let's not forget that Raffy is still kind of a "girly girl" in the mould of Jade, etc before her but still under any other principal she'd probably be pulled up for it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.