Characters leaving quickly

Lunar

Matt Wilson was another one. There used to be a joke that he went into the store-room to get some sugar and never came back. My memory's a bit hazy but Andrew Foley and Stacey Macklin left very quickly too. Neither made it to the opening credits but they were there for quite a while.

On 15/05/2019 at 22:57, Homeandawayfan. said:

Does leaving quickly equate to characters not getting a proper exit storyline, or ones who did get a proper exit but it was out of the blue?

Rob Storey was there one day then just was never seen again yet still lived in the Bay.

Narelle Smart left quite suddenly. She just decided to head for the city.

For me I feel its both. I hate when characters just disappear randomly but also when they do leave and it feels rushed or out of the blue.

On 17/05/2019 at 09:48, cymbaline said:

Matt Wilson was another one. There used to be a joke that he went into the store-room to get some sugar and never came back.

Isn't this a bit of a urban myth? I've not seen the episode, but I read somewhere his exit was mentioned in-passing onscreen. Does anyone know if there was a behind-the-scenes reason why Matt didn't get a proper exit? 

• 2 weeks later...

I think Josie Russell had a very quick exit. She'd been at the forefront of a lot of storylines during the nine months that she was onscreen, but if I remember correctly, in the space of one episode, she decided to leave Summer Bay and then disappeared after a short scene with Jesse where she confirmed that she was going. She deserved better than that. She was a fantastic character and had so many dimensions to her.

Also Annie, I mean for a girl who was a bit naive and not the most independent girl, it did seem odd for her to go and live in Japan. There was no  concern with Irene as I thought Irene would be more bit rarely to let one of her more needed Forster children to live on other side of world with no adult support and thought Irene would least question her going to live  there permanently. 

Annie was just not type leave home early and not too mention go live  and on  other side of world. 

I guess Annie had be written out and H&A exits are not  always 100% realistic. 

I think better way is for Geoff to had go to Japan as well Annie.

But then now i think about  Annie was pretty matured when she return in 2010 and so maybe it help her grow up. 

On 08/06/2019 at 22:08, j.laur5 said:

I thought Pippa had a pretty quick exit as there were no mentions of any past foster kids and no proper final talk with Sally. 

Very quick! She just walked out of the room and was never seen again, then an impostor appeared the following episode claiming to be her ?

On 10/06/2019 at 06:20, Jamie! said:

I think Josie Russell had a very quick exit. She'd been at the forefront of a lot of storylines during the nine months that she was onscreen, but if I remember correctly, in the space of one episode, she decided to leave Summer Bay and then disappeared after a short scene with Jesse where she confirmed that she was going. She deserved better than that. She was a fantastic character and had so many dimensions to her.

I struggled to take her seriously because her being identical to Angie seemed so ridiculous.. I agree it came out of nowhere, but she wasn't just forgotten completely. So many characters have an abrupt exit and never mentioned again like they never existed in the first place. 

Archived