voyager50

Miracles in Summer Bay! Disappearing disabilities

Martha (the younger) was nearly paralyzed in the car accident that killed Chloe, but seemed to heal quickly. On the other hand she was pretty shaken for some weeks with the stuff with Corey. Also seemed to go from losing some hair to bald during her cancer.

Also Matilda had burns after the explosion at Jack and Martha's wedding.  Though they disappeared without an explanation.

When was Steven's PTSD mentioned?  I don't remember that.

Joey had an online friend called Kim who came into the show.  I think her online name was Cyberfox.  She was deaf, I think the actress was deaf as well.  She wasn't in the show for long.

15 hours ago, chair said:

Also Matilda had burns after the explosion at Jack and Martha's wedding.  Though they disappeared without an explanation.

Just like Marilyn's which were featured and mentioned for a few weeks then forgotten about

Edited by voyager50

On 11/05/2019 at 08:59, Red Ranger 1 said:

Who else was told they'd never walk again and did? I know you listed a few characters who spent time in a wheelchair, but I don't think any of them were actually told "You'll never walk again", it was just a possibility. I think having actually stated it outright without significant words like "might" or "probably" or "maybe", it would be more of a cheat if Jett did recover, so I'm hopeful they will actually follow through with what they've established.

Yes i agree fully I don't think Jett will walk again because haven't left the door of possibility open for it but also thinkhe'll leave the show in the near future have him come back again to visit in few years in the chair would be good

On 12/05/2019 at 19:03, baywatcher said:

It would be so easy to introduce a character who is blind, deaf, in a wheelchair etc. onto the show, rather than have a regular character get injured for dramatic effect only to have them be completely cured five minutes later.  It really does send the wrong message. There must be actors available who could play these roles.

21 hours ago, chair said:

Joey had an online friend called Kim who came into the show.  I think her online name was Cyberfox.  She was deaf, I think the actress was deaf as well.  She wasn't in the show for long.

We've had Morag butler who was blind and been think was Mikey in early 2000s who was  autistic as well as Gina son Brendan those only guest i can think of who come into show with disability 

• Like 2

Sally’s OCD I thought was always there in the background and hinted at a few times. It was done in a subtle way, like her washing her hands in the aftermath of Flynn dying.

I think Maddie losing her arm was harrowing and very well done but it was obvious her days were numbered as soon as it happened 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2019 at 20:58, chair said:

When was Steven's PTSD mentioned?  I don't remember that.

It was mentioned early on - perhaps even in the pilot. Either Tom or Pippa said he no longer woke up in the middle of the night screaming. Perhaps there were further references to it but I could have missed them. 

• Thanks 1

On 16/05/2019 at 23:57, ter06 said:

I think Maddie losing her arm was harrowing and very well done but it was obvious her days were numbered as soon as it happened 

I think it was quite well done too but I remember they had an issue where they clearly forgot which arm it was meant to be in the hotel scene, as the wrong one was covered for part of it. 😂

On 16/05/2019 at 18:22, project90 said:

We've had Morag butler who was blind and been think was Mikey in early 2000s who was  autistic as well as Gina son Brendan those only guest i can think of who come into show with disability 

I loved Brendan. I understand it may of been have to make him a regular but the actor did such a good job. It was a shame when he didn't come back for Gina's funeral.

6 hours ago, Lunar said:

I think it was quite well done too but I remember they had an issue where they clearly forgot which arm it was meant to be in the hotel scene, as the wrong one was covered for part of it. 😂

I loved Brendan. I understand it may of been have to make him a regular but the actor did such a good job. It was a shame when he didn't come back for Gina's funeral.

Wasn’t that just people on Twitter jumping to conclusions and the media picked up on it and blew it out of proportion? She had been looking in the mirror in that scene which is why people thought it was the wrong arm, but they had actually done it right 

• Like 1

Brendan didn't return for Gina's funeral because he was obviously too upset by her death. Liked how he fixed the camera and saved Xavier from drowning.