Jump to content
EndlessSummer

Why does H&A ignore its past?

Recommended Posts

I have often criticised the show for ignoring its past but to be fair I do think that it can be something of a millstone.

Sally will always have a reason to return to the Bay and there are currently quite a few people still around that she knows. 

I'd like to see Tony and Rachel return with their son Harry (who would be about 10 now?), plus any other children they may have had.  This would be a nice family with connections to the area and a family dynamic that I don't think the show currently has. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
On 11/05/2019 at 09:23, baywatcher said:

I have often criticised the show for ignoring its past but to be fair I do think that it can be something of a millstone.

Agreed. Especially as it is a show that has changed dramatically over its lifetime. The writers/powers that be have always played fast and loose with the facts anyway. It's a show that lives in the now and you wouldn't want to get too hung up over the details. And having seen other TV shows unsuccessfully try to bring back older, well-loved characters, I think it's better to leave most of them in the past. 

Does anyone know if there is an archive or person on the production staff who keeps tabs on what's going on? Or do they just wing it?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2019 at 01:10, cymbaline said:

Agreed. Especially as it is a show that has changed dramatically over its lifetime. The writers/powers that be have always played fast and loose with the facts anyway. It's a show that lives in the now and you wouldn't want to get too hung up over the details. And having seen other TV shows unsuccessfully try to bring back older, well-loved characters, I think it's better to leave most of them in the past. 

Does anyone know if there is an archive or person on the production staff who keeps tabs on what's going on? Or do they just wing it?

I think they must keep track of some things from the past, just so the present makes sense - like if they're bringing in a random love child or something (although I think neighbours is much worse for that) or bringing a character back years later - like Olivia. There's probably been a few minor continuity errors over the years though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lunar said:

I think they must keep track of some things from the past, just so the present makes sense - like if they're bringing in a random love child or something (although I think neighbours is much worse for that) or bringing a character back years later - like Olivia. There's probably been a few minor continuity errors over the years though. 

Biggest continuity error was Donald saying to Seb he was only child .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the show does ignore it's past.  It just doesn't live in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have mentioned it on here before but I don't know why we never see any of Irene's children or grandchildren - it seems crazy - she will occasionally say she is going to visit them but why do they never come to the bay?!

The grandchildren have never been seen and her kid's could alway be re-cast

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, voyager50 said:

I have mentioned it on here before but I don't know why we never see any of Irene's children or grandchildren - it seems crazy - she will occasionally say she is going to visit them but why do they never come to the bay?!

The grandchildren have never been seen and her kid's could alway be re-cast

 

 

I feel exactly the same way. However there is a rumour one of them is returning. I guess you should look in 'Spoilers' for more details.

Same with Leah, Alexi has never come back, nor her other brother Chris and haven't seen her parents in over a decade. The guy who played Alex is a director on the show so he could easily come back for a visit. He didn't even come back when she married Zac!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jrobertshk said:

 

I feel exactly the same way. However there is a rumour one of them is returning. I guess you should look in 'Spoilers' for more details.

Same with Leah, Alexi has never come back, nor her other brother Chris and haven't seen her parents in over a decade. The guy who played Alex is a director on the show so he could easily come back for a visit. He didn't even come back when she married Zac!

That's exciting news - I never read spoilers though!

  I used to read the tv guide which said what was coming up but I stopped a few years ago and I have never watched the 'next on H & A' at the end of episodes. 

  I enjoy it all the more for not knowing what is going to happen - I prefer predicting it - like the fact they made it obvious they were setting it up for Leah and Justin to start sleeping together!

 

I had know idea the guy who played Alex directs but I guess that is because I never see the credits as they are after the 'next on'!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2019 at 18:22, jrobertshk said:

 

I feel exactly the same way. However there is a rumour one of them is returning. I guess you should look in 'Spoilers' for more details.

Same with Leah, Alexi has never come back, nor her other brother Chris and haven't seen her parents in over a decade. The guy who played Alex is a director on the show so he could easily come back for a visit. He didn't even come back when she married Zac!

Well, she still visits them by all accounts and was last heard to have mended things with Alex who she cast out a decade earlier over the drug stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.