Meals at the Diner Flat

Chair

Has anyone else noticed that they never seem to cook? They get take out every night. I wonder if Ross used to do all the cooking. If Bella can cook she probably prefers take out, I think the same goes for the rest of them.

20 minutes ago, chair said:

Has anyone else noticed that they never seem to cook? They get take out every night. I wonder if Ross used to do all the cooking. If Bella can cook she probably prefers take out, I think the same goes for the rest of them.

Probably because it’s not really necessary to see them cook or any other household on show as not really storyline. 

5 hours ago, chair said:

Robbo was cooking quite a few times, while he was living with Kat and now with Colby (as well as for Ebony). Maybe they have take out when its Colby's turn to cook. 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess its just an excuse to mention the diner or Salt, or to give them scenes there. I feel like Leah cooks sometimes but the Astonis don't really either - the only time I remember seeing them cooking was when Brody was doing lessons with Maggie.

On 01/05/2019 at 02:16, Lunar said:

I guess its just an excuse to mention the diner or Salt, or to give them scenes there. I feel like Leah cooks sometimes but the Astonis don't really either - the only time I remember seeing them cooking was when Brody was doing lessons with Maggie.

I think so, but I think it’s pacing and maybe budgetary. Mealtime scenes just don’t happen at home on the show anymore (Neighbours is the same) as you’d have to show food. Even with the takeway, you never see the food and when you do see scenes in the Diner or Salt, they’re usually pre-meal or post-meal. 

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

I think so, but I think it’s pacing and maybe budgetary. Mealtime scenes just don’t happen at home on the show anymore (Neighbours is the same) as you’d have to show food. Even with the takeway, you never see the food and when you do see scenes in the Diner or Salt, they’re usually pre-meal or post-meal. 

Yeah this is true. I think sometimes they'll show food or drink if its a product placement or sponsor, but otherwise I guess its just not really worth it. Plus its just awkward. ? I've noticed with other shows before in clips where they have to 'drink', they can't actually sip anything, or they'll make sure to have a non see through bottle thats empty.

Archived