Plot holes

project90

So I've just started training to become marriage celebrant and out of interest I thought I'd go over VJ and Billie's marriage not being valid. Surprise surprise is, no way it wouldn't be 

Already thought that storyline was silly but now learning the ins and out it beyond ridiculous. Before the wedding must sign declaration of no legal impediment to marriage. And that on the back of your marriage certificate. Then in the vows they must say  I call upon the persons here present to witness that I, [full name], take thee, [full name], to be my lawful wedded wife/husband/spouse/partner in marriage 

it is then they are considered married. VJ said he and Billie didn't get around to signing the paper. The celebrant would of had them and their two witnesses to sign right after the wedding not just  say "fill it in when you got time". The next scene after the wedding is Billie laying in bed talking to Luc so it is not like something horrible happened before they could sign the paper work.

If they had a better reason for why they didn't sign the paper work like there was a fire moments after they said I do the wedding would still be legal. They had to sign a Notice of Intended Marriage form at least a month before the wedding and a declaration of no legal impediment to marriage before  the ceremony than they said the vows be more than enough for wedding be legal even if had good reason for not singing the certificate which they don't have.

Like I said the storyline was already fin but now learning the ins and outs it even more annoying 

What some big plot holes that bug you think are a bit unbelievable even for TV

Not big plot holes but a couple recent things:

•  I don't get why Simone and Brody were locked in the store room when she closed the door and he said it was self-securing or something like that  but on other occasions they and others have been in there and closed the door but have not been locked in!

• It was never mentioned but I am assuming that as Alf knew Martha was still alive he must have divorced her before marrying Ailsa to avoid being a bigamist.

Archived