2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

2 hours ago, c120701 said:

Is it just me who can’t warm to Martha? I’d normally welcome an older character, but I don’t know why, I just don’t like her. I don’t know if it’s because of Ailsa or if I’m not keen on the way Belinda Giblin plays her.

I think the problem with Martha is they haven’t explored much with her individual character away from Alf and Ruth.

So hopefully we see more of her interacting with characters away from Alf and I hope we see more personality as I find Martha doesn’t  have much of personality. 

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, c120701 said:

And still, what was the difference with Zac that she didn’t want to take his surname? I assume she didn’t want to drop Patterson as it’s VJ’s name, but then what about Dan...

The difference, I'm afraid, is that the show now appears to be run by militant feminists who never let any woman change her name when she gets married, not even when it's an ultra-traditionalist like Leah or Marilyn who's taken every other husband's surname and it's monumentally out of character for them not to change their name. (In this case though, she'd probably have changed back to Patterson after the divorce anyway.)

Alf's episode count this week: Five!

Ryder may regret feeling sorry for Jade, and indeed preening himself like he's some sort of stud now. He did the right thing telling Mackenzie what's going on, after giving Jade every chance to fess up herself, but it seems Summer Bay is the place where no good deed goes unpunished.No Morag because of staffing issues (but then most of the people she defended went to jail anyway, albeit usually only for a week or two) and Colby running the case: The boy's in trouble.Meanwhile, Mackenzie delivers a much more effective takedown to Bella than the one she tried the other week and gets an unexpected ally in Robbo in the process.

Okay...is Alf going to be back sooner than expected, or is he actually going to be absent from finale week and potentially premiere week as well? If Roo was going to ring him straight away with news of Leah, she should probably do it for Ryder too.Am I right in thinking this isn't the first time he's got into trouble while Alf's been away?

The ending just made me sigh deeply and go "Didn't this storyline end already?", then the trailer for the next week was even worse.I mean, sure, if Victor was as much of a Mr Big as he was meant to be, it seems unlikely that his gang would consist solely of the 8-12 men arrested with him, but I was willing to let go of that to finally see the back of a storyline that's been hanging around since Robbo joined.But no, here we are again, with the prospect of it dragging on into next season.

That would  have made her Leah Patterson-Baker- MacGuire - bit of a mouthful. :D

Martha is still kind of 'new' to the Bay, apart from Roo and Alf there is no-one from her previous time there and she was a local.  She needs to build up a rapport with Irene, Marilyn, John, and the younger bay folk.  Hey maybe Maggie could get her lessons teaching drawing/painting at SBH?  Ryder is already a fan, he loves Grumps and her together.  

I'm glad there has been a couple of days since Friday otherwise there would be a lot of *~#@xxx!!! after Jade's actions!!!?  How could she be so vicious and I'd bet a $ to a cent she's pulled that sex tape trick before. Ryder gave Jade plenty of opportunities to come clean to Mac which would have been better for her and maybe Mac wouldn't have called in the cops, or to be specific, Colby.:wink:  Wonder what SHE was saying to Colby?  Was that her phone she used or did she lift Ryder's?  Anyone who knows Ryder would never believe he'd be capable of anything like that.  Roo does for one, Bella will be another, Dean, Willow.  Roo would need to call Alf, is he Ryders' stand in next of kin or is it Roo, but anyways, Alf should know.  He is 18 so doesn't need anyone to be in with him.  Morag would indeed be the one to call, Ryder is her great nephew, but as we know Cornelia Frances is no longer with us Alf would need to find out Morag is dead.  The last time Ryder got into trouble while Alf was away was the HSC exam rigging, this is a whole new ball game.  Roo is gong to feel torn, pleased she was right about Jade along, but devastated for Ryder and what she has dragged him into.  

I did agree with Bella about Mac not being able to keep away from Colby, she could have called Yabby Creek station when Ryder revealed Jade's theft but no she sought Colby out on the beach whilst he was off duty and got him to come and arrest her.    Mac was right to get another opinion in her suspicions about Bella, Robbo does live with her after all, I think even Colby had doubts otherwise he wouldn't have discussed it with Robbo. Bella was incredibly rude to Robbo, but to his credit he kept his cool with her. Besides he's got other things to worry about now. That package with Lance's bloodied badge in it.! 

Really gearing up next week for the Oz end of season cliff hanger and the start of the next one which we will see the following week. 

I am really not happy that this nonsense has been dragged up again, and even less happy about what they're doing with it.Whilst I'm glad the show didn't reveal Lance as corrupt or even the murderer of Robbo's family as some people were speculating, he deserved better than he got here.(I wonder if actor availability played a role, since we haven't seen Angus McLaren in months, long before the storyline originally ended, but still.) I'm not shedding too many tears over Dylan, although at least he tried to do the right thing in the end.(Shame he and Tori never met, she tended to get on well with Kat's exes.)But the show has a frustrating tendency to send out the message that putting the bad guys in jail doesn't solve anything, with the result that people who do the right thing suffer and people who do the wrong thing get rewarded.Having Victor be responsible for two more deaths makes it seem like Robbo was wrong for taking him alive, which shouldn't be the case.

I sympathise with Ryder but gosh, he needs a brain.First he refuses a lawyer on the spurious basis that he's innocent, then he twice goes steaming in with Jade against police instructions, and now he's decided to do a runner in full view.He couldn't look more guilty if he tried.I think Colby knows that Ryder's telling the truth, but he's doing his job today.

12 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I am really not happy that this nonsense has been dragged up again, and even less happy about what they're doing with it.Whilst I'm glad the show didn't reveal Lance as corrupt or even the murderer of Robbo's family as some people were speculating, he deserved better than he got here.(I wonder if actor availability played a role, since we haven't seen Angus McLaren in months, long before the storyline originally ended, but still.) I'm not shedding too many tears over Dylan, although at least he tried to do the right thing in the end.(Shame he and Tori never met, she tended to get on well with Kat's exes.)But the show has a frustrating tendency to send out the message that putting the bad guys in jail doesn't solve anything, with the result that people who do the right thing suffer and people who do the wrong thing get rewarded.Having Victor be responsible for two more deaths makes it seem like Robbo was wrong for taking him alive, which shouldn't be the case.

I sympathise with Ryder but gosh, he needs a brain.First he refuses a lawyer on the spurious basis that he's innocent, then he twice goes steaming in with Jade against police instructions, and now he's decided to do a runner in full view.He couldn't look more guilty if he tried.I think Colby knows that Ryder's telling the truth, but he's doing his job today.

Unfortunately His Primary brain was taking a backseat to his Secondary one! And with the goofy way he runs, I don't think he'll get away too fast. It has to be said he runs weird!?

Carter was on borrowed time in the Nick anyway. Coppers tend not to "last long" in there... No violins for him!?

As for the late officer Salisbury and not giving too much away, I didn't think HE'D be the colleague to screw Robbo over at any point.

Just like Robbo we were all fooled into thinking it was all over.   Guess who is not going to be a happy bunny when they find out.   Echoes of the time before Kat when was involved with the corrupt cops - Dylan again - the witnesses in that saga were gradually disposed of.  The Ouroboros gang had to be many tentacled like once again echoes of the past this time with the Syndicate, just as Justin and the other Morgan's thought they were safe another member popped up. Dylan's murder, has to, imo, have been an  inside job, as in one of the guards who either did it themselves or allowed it to happen.   I don't think if Robbo had killed Victor it would have changed anything, the rest would still have been waiting to stand trial and the kidnap of Lance and his and Dylan's murder would still have happened.  Jasmine never met Dylan either and she has history with Kat's exes, well one of them.  If you think about it, if Kat hadn't died Jasmine and Robbo would be together, likely no Grace either.  Sorry went off on a tandem there.  I liked the tribute Robbo gave Lance, he'd known him so long so he wasn't just ignored.  Where are they going to hide Jas this time and what are they going to tell the locals? 

That was very rash/stupid of Ryder to approach Jade not once but twice, but older people than him have done exactly the same.  The first time he got away with it but the second was pushing it. He'll definitely need a lawyer now, be interesting to see who Roo gets and she must get hold of Alf and Martha to let them know.    It is a twist on the usual sex tape upload, it's normally the guy that does that.  We now know that Jade told Colby it was Ryder who was the thief, but wouldn't Colby have seen Ryder before Jade got Ryder back into bed?  Was she serious about asking Mac for her job back, that'll put Mac in a quandary.  He has been naïve about the whole thing but she is his first adult relationship and it went to his head as well as other parts.:P:blush: There has to be a way  for the techs to find out his phone was hacked?  I have to say Jade seemed very laid back, laughing and joking with her mates,  for a woman who had had a sex tape put on line and mustn't forget her paraphrasing Mandy Rice-Davies with her "Well he would say that, wouldn't he?", someone at H&A  has a quirky sense of humour. :D  It didn't, to me, convince Colby she was telling the truth when she approached him.  I reckon the same Red,  Colby knows Ryder is telling  the truth, that can be seen by his reactions, his answers  and the look on his face,  but he is doing his job as he should.   I know Roo was being reassuring about the tape has now been taken down, but she should know from previous experience with Leah's vlogs and the items put up about Irene, it's too late, it was out there.  Even when the truth comes out, his reputation has been damaged.  

36 minutes ago, CaptainHulk said:

Carter was on borrowed time in the Nick anyway. Coppers tend not to "last long" in there... No violins for him!

Dylan said himself, ex cops, especially corrupt ones don't last long inside. 

Archived