2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, pembie said:

Did anyone see Leah leave the house after the dinner party or did she manage to slip by everyone that was unclear 

It's extremely unclear. As H&Alover said, she could have gone out the rarely-used front door from the hallway, but I'd have thought people would have been more bothered if she'd just disappeared without saying anything.Irene thought she was at the hospital: Did she say she was going there, or was Irene just assuming? Did she actually intend to go there but not make it for whatever reason? Justin tells Mason to let her know that Tori's come round, but it's not clear if he actually did. I hope we get some proper answers!

Apart from that mystery and a couple of Alf/Martha scenes, most of the focus was on Tori's recovery.Justin and Mason really are fond of these role reversals: Now it's Mason's turn to be glass-half-full and Justin the one to worry this is as good as it's going to get. Mind you, after weeks of no improvement at all, Tori seems to be more or less herself again by the end of the episode, with full movement and memory, and only her reaction to Grace giving cause for concern.I do feel a bit for Robbo and Jasmine, but they really should have considered this a possibility rather than ploughing ahead on the assumption that Tori wouldn't be around. Assuming she does come around with regards Grace, I imagine it'll be back to Plan A with Tori and Robbo both in the Bay and looking after her together.

It could be I got it wrong as Irene  - I think it was - said she hadn't seen Leah since she left after taking that call.  That  call Irene caught Leah taking/making was from/to Justin, then she got another one, it was an unknown number and Leah assumed it was from the hospital then Irene went back into the main room. It was  that call that prompted  her for reasons yet unknown to take off to somewhere again yet unknown. It would have had to been something pretty personal to stop her being with Justin. Quite a lot of assuming going on from Irene's end, she's at the hospital and too busy supporting Justin to answer  her phone whereas Justin and to a certain extent  Mason never thought to wonder where Leah was. From the talk with  Irene later it was  thought Leah couldn't make it to the hospital because of work, but that wouldn't have stopped her, she'd have wanted to be there for Justin. Of course everyone will be looking all over the bay, checking the Morgan's, one thought is her passport still where is should be? 

Mason's got his doctors head on again and knows as Alex confirmed every case is different so they can't or shouldn't write Tori off just yet.   Like you Red, I thought for someone who has been in a coma for six weeks  her responses were pretty good.  Paralysis on one side, which went overnight, she was able to talk, albeit croakily, once the tracheotomy  tube was removed.  Her response to Grace wasn't that unexpected Alex did say she'd had   a post partum stroke which could wipe out her memory of giving birth.  Tori did remember her baby was called Grace, Justin had that photo of her and Grace taped to the bed rail so Tori saw it when she woke up.   Sadly when Robbo and Jasmine brought Grace in Tori didn't recognise her - shades of Bianca and her post partum neurosis with Rocco. 

Thing is if all had been well when Tori had given birth, brought back to NDH to check them both over, then home to the Morgan's, Robbo, Jasmine and Tori would have fallen into a routine of looking after Grace.  As it is Robbo and Jasmine have got used to being Grace's full time parents, Jas has fallen totally in love with her and Robbo will find it hard to go back to being a part time dad. He's had a chance to make up for not being there for Luc and Sophie as most of the time he was away on jobs. It's not going to be an overnight job, Tori has a way to go before she can take care of Grace herself but now it's on the near not too distant horizon and it will be that harder for Robbo and Jasmine knowing their time is nearly up.  Does it, as Jasmine suggested, mean an end to them moving to the farm, Robbo is going to want to be as near to his daughter as he can.  Ma & Pa won't be happy though.   

4 hours ago, H&Alover said:

It could be I got it wrong as Irene  - I think it was - said she hadn't seen Leah since she left after taking that call.  That  call Irene caught Leah taking/making was from/to Justin, then she got another one, it was an unknown number and Leah assumed it was from the hospital then Irene went back into the main room. It was  that call that prompted  her for reasons yet unknown to take off to somewhere again yet unknown. It would have had to been something pretty personal to stop her being with Justin. Quite a lot of assuming going on from Irene's end, she's at the hospital and too busy supporting Justin to answer  her phone whereas Justin and to a certain extent  Mason never thought to wonder where Leah was. From the talk with  Irene later it was  thought Leah couldn't make it to the hospital because of work, but that wouldn't have stopped her, she'd have wanted to be there for Justin. Of course everyone will be looking all over the bay, checking the Morgan's, one thought is her passport still where is should be? 

Oh right I thought Leah manage to leave the house without anyone spotting her leaving haha Maybe they did But say it was Alf or Irene they have known her long enough to realise she was acting quite odd when she left

I get the distinct feeling that Irene's trying very hard not to make the same mistakes with Leah that everyone made with her: It took two months to notice that she was missing when Mad Mick kidnapped her.We still know very little apart from the fact that no-one knows where she is.Irene said that no-one had seen her since she left the party, it's not clear of the circumstances.

Jasmine was an absolute star here, putting her feelings aside and doing everything she can to help Tori and Grace bond and finally remembering what that memory book was for.It must be hard for Tori to face up to losing the first month of her daughter's life but she seems to be getting there.Robbo still seems to be a bit blinkered at times, dreaming up worst case scenarios in a way that almost sounds like he was hoping for Tori to have nothing to do with Grace.Justin has tunnel vision but he's not far wrong: Tori's getting better and sooner or later she'll be well enough to look after Grace, and Robbo has to be prepared for that.

It is very unusual for Leah not to be in contact with anyone, even if something had come up to do with VJ she would have let someone know, even odder she is not answering her phone. Her being a creature of habit has prompted people to act quicker than it would have done if she wasn't. At least Irene is leaving messages unlike some when they get a 'leave a message' response and just hang up - it drives me mad.:devil:  Did spot Leah is named as Patterson- Baker on the posters. Still no mention if her passport has gone.  Colby acted as he should a professional, small niggle but Bella didn't go missing as such he knew she'd been taken by Ross and she was a child. Alf who at first didn't seem too fussed is now as concerned and I liked his talk with Justin as he can, kind of, relate because of when Martha went 'missing'.  

Agree Jasmine was wonderful, putting her own feelings aside to help Tori connect with Grace.  It made absolute sense for Tori not to recognise her, the last time she saw her she was a  new born and now she's six weeks older and bigger, not a biggie for everyone else, they wouldn't notice her day by day changes but someone not seeing  a baby for even a week would see a difference. You could actually see the ?moment when she was tidying up the flat.  Touching when Tori recognised Grace and accepted her and they did fit well together and Grace seemed secure and seemed to know she was with her mum.   

Justin was again getting ahead of himself, Tori has a way to go yet before she can look after Grace, not been yet discharged, she needs pyshio to build up her muscle strength so she can hold and handle her safely, her memory is still a bit flaky so couldn't be left alone with her yet. Neither Justin or Mason can be with her 24/7, if of course Leah had been there it would have been another pair of hands.  It is Robbo's way always see the negative side, but supposing they don't move to the farm  would they stay at Colby's or get their own place?  Another knock on from Tori recovering albeit slowly is Alex.  She was brought in to cover for Tori's maternity leave as it's unlikely she'll be returning to work any time soon  wouldn't the NDH board extend Alex's contract until such time Tori is able to return to full time work?  Willow asking Colby if he had known he and Mac were going to crash and burn would he have still have gone out with her was an unfair question as it's a completely different situation.  Mac couldn't deal with Colby's job, he wasn't going to be going anywhere. 

Dean & Mac's weekend  away didn't seem to helped him much, he looked in a worse state than when they went.  He was in full self destruct mode and nothing anyone said was going to stop him.  Unfortunate timing with him asking the female customer to answer the phone when Ziggy rang, natch Ziggy would assume the worse when she said "he's busy"  and laughed.  Colby had no choice in the end but to arrest him, he'd given him enough warnings. Another one on the road to self destruct is Ziggy, they are so alike in that respect.  

So we get a bit more information about Leah, with Irene saying she said she had stuff to do, and Irene apparently only assuming she was going to the hospital. (Mason presumably got voicemail when he tried to call her about Tori.) The big question now is, what was that phone call and what could have been in it to make Leah leave abruptly without explanation? The next big question is, why does it say Leah Patterson-Baker on the Missing posters? She’s been Leah Patterson again on the credits, and in at least some on screen references (notably when she was working at the school), since about 2014. Have the art department been using Wikipedia for reference again?

Ben and Maggie checking on Ziggy was okay to start with, but they were just distracting her and I wasn’t keen on them attempting to force her to contact Dean: It almost seemed like they cared more about him than her, and were messing up her job because he’s not taking the break-up well. I really hope this doesn’t end with Ziggy giving up her job for Dean, but I can’t see us following her around the country, so either she’s leaving or she’ll be back in the Bay sooner or later. Meanwhile, Dean is busy showing what a catch he isn’t, and was crying out to be arrested. That seems a very odd marriage between Kurt and Alana. Kurt’s apparently got a reputation (I’m not sure how deserved it is) but Alana seemed less bothered about him cheating on her and more bothered that him hooking up with Ziggy would affect the team dynamic. Is she just being paranoid? Not sure how far Ziggy will go with that guy…

Is it me or has Willow’s hair suddenly got really long? A bit (make that a lot) of angst from her over Alex but she seems to have come to terms with it by the end and decided to take the risk. Again.

Finally some Ryder/Bella interaction! Her terminal cynicism about relationships aside, they bounce off each other well and he may be changing his mind about Jade (who probably wasn’t keen on being introduced as his girlfriend). I’m sorry to say that I found myself agreeing with Colby at the end. Mackenzie’s probably right about Bella, but it’s not her business anymore and she should just leave them to it.

Maggie & Ben doing a Dean by rocking up at what is Ziggy's place of work and not just any job for that matter without warning was not wise.  It was fine until they mentioned the D word which totally threw her incurring the wrath of Kurt.  It was the way Ziggy and Dean ended that bothered Maggie and Ben more so harsh for both.  But they do need to back off, they should know by now how stubborn Ziggy is and the more they push the more she'll dig her heels in. Mind you when she did random lady customer answered and she got the wrong idea! The first guy Ziggy was talking and drinking with warned her about Kurt and Alana seemed to recognise the signals that Kurt wasn't just flirting but had more on his mind.  Just how far will Ziggy go with the bloke she invited in and if she calls a halt will he take it well.  I do like how Ben isn't ready to give up on Dean just yet because as Ben said he was there for him through everything. 

Colby did his best with Dean let him have time to cool down, sober up a bit and let him go with a caution.  Btw, I guess it's OK he can enter Salt if he is doing his job?  He wouldn't get turned away and told to go and get another  cop as he's barred?

Not just on Wikipedia it has Leah as Patterson-Baker, it says that on her profile page on this very forum. 

You're right Willow's hair has got longer in just a few days.  You can see Willow's worry, she's never been in this deep before and the possibility Alex could be moved far away would likely mean the end of their relationship. 

Good to see Bella and Ryder 'together' again, they make good friends even if he is a couple of years older, shouldn't she be coming up to being 17 soon?   I think she soon had Jade's card marked who definitely didn't like being introduced as 'girlfriend'.  I get she doesn't do a lot of small talk but does she have to be so rude and offhand with people, she's not a stroppy kid, like dare I say Bella, and would it have killed her to say bye to Roo who to give her her due didn't make any snide comments, just thanked her for the rent.    Bella could emphasis with Leah being missing but as she tried to convince Ryder and herself she went missing for years and she was OK - sort of.    Dumb question from Mac to Bella about hoping her drink wasn't alcoholic as if Ryder would serve her any other kind - clue was in the name - mocktail.  Almost civil exchange between Mac and Bella.   Was convenient Bella's symptoms returned when Colby said he had to go and see Mac when it was in  a professional capacity as a follow up to Dean's arrest.  She'd eaten at Salt, had a drink, then was playing pool no problem.   Mac was not the person to tackle Colby about her feeling that Bella was faking it, of course he's not going to believe her

Ryder's caught Jade helping herself again, he missed the previous one, she really has a crap attitude, it doesn't matter if she's thieving.  OK be a free spirit if you want but be  a decent human being who has a conscience.  Ryder seemed a lot older, in a good way, in his response to her cavalier manner.  If she didn't say anything he would and as we saw he did.  

19 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

The next big question is, why does it say Leah Patterson-Baker on the Missing posters? She’s been Leah Patterson again on the credits, and in at least some on screen references (notably when she was working at the school), since about 2014. Have the art department been using Wikipedia for reference again?

And still, what was the difference with Zac that she didn’t want to take his surname? I assume she didn’t want to drop Patterson as it’s VJ’s name, but then what about Dan...

Is it just me who can’t warm to Martha? I’d normally welcome an older character, but I don’t know why, I just don’t like her. I don’t know if it’s because of Ailsa or if I’m not keen on the way Belinda Giblin plays her.

When Colby suggested Ryder get a lawyer I’m sure I wasn’t alone in thinking of Morag straight away. She’d be there like a shot for Alf’s grandson...

Archived