2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

The fact the trial is about to start stirred up memories which panicked him.  After another scene of Robbo shouting at Jasmine, hopefully this time they really have got things sorted and he won't keep shutting her out. 

I suppose it was easier for Justin to tell Robbo first and nice gesture for Robbo to ask Justin to look after Grace while he relieved Willow at the gym and no Justin it wasn't a pity offer.  Btw how long did it take from Robbo leaving Justin with a list as long as your arm on  how to look after Grace to get to the gym, seemed an awful long time to me.:unsure:   A lovely tender scene with Justin holding Grace, telling her about her mum  and singing  to her:wub:, Leah after watching them very wisely snuck quietly off.  Not that surprising Robbo wouldn't have many photos of Tori around, just the one of her and Grace, be a bit uncomfortable for Jasmine. 

Alf did overact then, a misunderstanding between him and Martha.  I agree Red, though not banging on about it Martha's problems shouldn't be just forgotten, they have been a big  part of her adult life and will always be there under the surface.  I'm glad Alf went after her and listened to her concerns, not that important but still not said if she has sold the place or renting it out.

Alex and Willow - another walk from the Diner to somewhere else that seemed to take a detour, they were heading back to Irene's but ended up skinny dipping off the wharf.

That storeroom at Salt is going to be seeing a lot of action again.:wink:  I reckon Ryder is a lot more into Jade than she is into him - just don't hurt him lass.  

Seems Willow and Alex get sprung by Bella!:blush:  Apart from how Irene will take it - nothing to do with gender btw - Bella is no child and isn't that innocent of the ways of the world, but she wasn't happy with Willow and Justin being a couple but Willow with a woman!  Willow will have to persuade Bella not to say anything until she's told Dean & Colby. 

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilarious Colby acting as if Bella's attitude towards Mackenzie was because Bella was ill, ignoring her attitude before she got tetanus.

Ryder's got it bad.  If anything, I think it's just a fling from Jade's perspective and given the level of infatuation I believe Ryder has this early on he's going to get hurt badly.

Don't like Willow.  Never been a fan of her and just the only likeable thing I find is seeing her in a bikini.  Shame there's not a full scene yet with Alex with her kit off.  If Willow hadn't been working at the gym, Alex would probably be one of those people who just uses their membership every couple of months.

Roo's starting to get a bit annoying again.

Can't decide who has it worse out of Alex and Ryder.

Thankfully Willow wasn't anywhere as bad to Bella as I thought after watching the preview when she was teasing Willow after catching her and Alex together.  I do think Willow was partly embarrassed and she agreed to talk to Bella about it because Alex was upset.  I think it's understandable why Willow is like that.  Part of me thinks it's just another warning sign but I'll reserve judgement on it for now.

When Ryder finished walking Jade home, I believe he could have had her then and there in her caravan.  I wasn't sure but I'm assuming he didn't sleep with either Coco or Raffy so you would infer he hasn't lost his virginity and it's not going to take Jade very long to figure it out.

Four days Colby went without calling or texting Mackenzie.  That's really bad and to me shows he's not that into her.  I really do think she deserves better.

I thought Alex was a bit harsh on Willow here. I can understand her fears about Willow being ashamed of her, but Willow's reaction to Bella wasn't really that different to how Alex reacted when Mason tried talking to her about the relationship.Anyway, Willow talked it over with her in the end and now seems set to tell Dean and Colby.I think Colby will be stunned but more or less accepting, Dean will probably have trouble getting his head round it but he's got Ziggy now so it won't affect him.I noticed Willow has gone back to her mother walking out on her, so either she died after or Willow was being economical with the truth when she told Jasmine that.Bella worked well here as an annoying little sister to Willow rather than the...intense little sister she is with Colby these days.I'm glad Mackenzie finally seems to have rediscovered her backbone and is refusing to be a convenience girlfriend for Colby to pick up and then drop depending on how he's feeling that day. Hopefully she'll stick to her guns.Alex was skating close to the wind of patient confidentiality telling Mackenzie details on Bella, even if she had seen her visiting her.

Ryder mentioned when he was first with Coco that he was a virgin, there was that time when they nearly slept together but decided they weren't ready, then there was never any suggestion of anything with Raffy (who was a lot younger than him and underage for a fair chunk of the time they were together).So I think he's definitely inexperienced, as indicated by the way he backed off like a scalded cat when Jade pretty much propositioned him: He's not ready to go there without dinner and a movie first.

Roo was another one that seemed somewhat harsh: Given that she was fussing over Martha the previous night, it seemed a bit hypocritical to stop Alf spending time with her.That said, Alf was definitely being over the top so an intervention of some sort was needed.

It was nice to see the 'old' Bella, after the initial 'shock' of seeing Alex and Willow in bed together she seemed totally unfazed about it, even shooed Colby home which took him and Irene by surprise and pretended Willow was going to sleep so the place was clear and Alex could sneak out.   She found it really amusing in fact.  Loved her grilling of Willow and made the crack about locking her bedroom door.  On which point I see Bella has a bedroom upstairs this time and Willow has her old room which is understandable after what happened.   I think most of Willow's evading Bella's questions was because she didn't know what to say, it wasn't your usual introduction to someone's new girl/boyfriend. Bella was genuinely happy for Willow once she did tell Bella what was occurring, lovely to see her smiling,  and of course she won't say anything to Dean or Colby as Willow asked her not to.  Though I can hear Colby now -"Better not say anything to Bella, she wouldn't understand and now isn't the right time".  

Willow saying her mum had left her and her dad is what she said when we first met her. Of course she could have died later.

Let's not forget Colby's family upbringing is completely different from Mac's so she couldn't understand the full reason why Colby feels he has to be there for Bella. Having said that he has treated her very badly, just fitting her in when he can,  a simple text isn't that hard to manage. I don't like them together, I never felt that they were the right couple.  She dumped him last night right so unless someone got it wrong I'm confused by what has been said about them in tonight's episode in the papers?:unsure:

Ryder is still a virgin so would explain his backing off when Jade made her offer as to an alternative night out. :blush::wink: Being  a bloke he'd be embarrassed by admitting that as he does com across as  more experienced. Jade, I would say, is in her 20's so if/when it happens I hope she'll be gentle with him.  Romeo, remember him, who despite his nickname was a virgin. 

OK first night there big fuss made of Martha, not being allowed to do the clearing up but now she just wants to be treated as a member of the family.  Roo taking the breakfast dishes off her saying "I'll do that" irked her. At last Roo  got the message when Alf was still keeping guard over Martha later and driving her mad and suggested the girly shopping trip. 

Okay, looks like we'll have to wait until next week to see Colby and Dean's reaction to Willow's new relationship.I'm glad that Willow acknowledged that, difficult as it was to get a word in edgeways, she could have told them if she'd really tried, and at least she has Irene and Bella to confide in.And Alex understands how difficult it can be.

I was annoyed at how upset Mackenzie was at Colby agreeing they should break up.She should be thanking her lucky stars, even Dean agreed he's a terrible boyfriend.After being warned not to make Bella his whole world, Colby seems quite happy for her to make him hers.Mackenzie at least retires for some beers with her brother, so hopefully this break-up sticks and we don't have one or the other chasing after a reunion in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, Dean takes the wrong message from the situation.I'll cut him some slack, since he didn't know Ziggy's situation and probably thought surprising her would be romantic, but she needs him turning up and distracting her like a hole in the head.Nice for her to be the politically incorrect one who blurts out "You're a chick" at the driver.

Nice exchange between Irene and Bella when Alex turned up and they both went into Willow's room with Irene commenting she didn't know Bella knew, Jasmine has also been brought up to speed.  

Bella has put Colby on the spot by saying she wasn't bothered about uni or Tafe she'd go where he went, she's only 16 at the moment so has two years to change her mind but he does feel obligated to look after her. I thought MacKenzie would have been pleased, she'd griped enough about being messed about by Colby but now he's finished with her she's still grumpy. 

Nice to see Ben & Maggie being so happy though Maggie isn't deluded enough to think he won't still have bad days.

Lovely idea Dean about surprising Ziggy by driving up to see her but of course he wouldn't know how hard she was working  to prove herself, be the same if it was the other way round.  Was funny Ziggy being surprised the driver was a woman.:D  Could that be a future ambition for Ziggy? Dean was proud and saddened seeing how well Ziggy was doing.  Proud because she was doing what she always wanted to do but sad because he knows he could be losing her.  Even Ben's pep talk didn't lighten his mood. 

Justin is definitely in the doldrums which is to be expected he's not able to be there for Tori and even if he was there is nothing he can do to help her.  Not being funny, but has Leah forgotten she was in a coma for three months after the bus crash? I know it doesn't help Justin that much but to should give him some hope that people do come out of them.  

Great idea of Jasmine's to record all the new things Grace does to show Tori when she comes round so she doesn't feel she has lost out on too much - is it a month already?  Just as things were calming down for Robbo and Jasmine the lawyer shows up wanting to go through their stories bringing it all back for both of them.  Jasmine looked as if she was coping a lot better than Robbo, I think it upset him hearing about Jas' kidnap.  Of course the lawyer had to hear it first hand, think Robbo has forgotten Jasmine will be cross examined by  Victor's and the others defence teams which is going to be a lot tougher.  Been meaning to ask is there a reason why Grace is always wrapped up so tight? :unsure:

Ziggy did backtrack somewhat once she’d got over the shock of Dean turning up. No-one was really at fault: He put her off kilter but left when he realised she was fine. Sending Ben to check up on him was potentially humiliating but the best she could have done in the circumstances.

Understandable that Justin would feel in limbo over Tori. I was also half expecting Leah to point out that she was in a coma for months and she’s all right, although it turns out Justin already knows that, so I guess either she or someone else filled him in at some point. It was pretty poor timing for Mason to suddenly start challenging Justin about Tori in the middle of dinner with the Astonis, but it seems like he’s been trying to pin him down for ages. I’m glad he bit back when Justin accused him of not being on Tori’s side. If the doctors want to discuss options with them, no amount of hiding away is going to change things.

Robbo is starting to get as frustrating as Bella. There are times when the guy just seems to have no sense: He gets an idea in his head and refuses to shake it. He chose to arrest Victor and he was right to do so, but that doesn’t mean he never sees him again. Of course there’s going to be a trial and of course that means testifying, and sticking his head in the sand and using Jasmine and Grace as excuses not to deal with it is just crying out for them to end up walking. Now his parents have turned up: Their asking how long he’s been living in the flat does kind of point out the absurdity of him having been around for two years without them ever visiting him. I can’t see him taking too kindly to them trying to organise things.

To be fair to Alf, Martha constantly cancelling their plans would probably be frustrating but I guess they’ve both got to get used to taking another person into account.

Someone, somewhere read my mind as Justin mentioned Leah being in a coma, though I think hers was different type and not as severe, but didn't they contemplate switching her off at one point?  Mason is seeing it from a medical point of view as well as being Tori's brother so has his logical head on.  Mason right to tell Justin it wasn't all about him, he's her brother too and even though not her next of kin has just as much right to say what happens.  As hard as it is Justin does need to talk with Tori's consultants, he feels responsible as her big brother, seems that responsibility never ends,  but he can't help her any other way. Leah must feel pretty helpless herself, wanting to help but also not wanting to take sides.  Brody is a long way away but they need his insight too. 

I can see where Robbo is coming from, he does want to see Victor and Des go down, but it would have felt his and Jasmine's private space was being invaded by horrible memories.  Grace is a baby but as Jasmine said she would be picking up on the tension he felt when the AFP lawyer was there.  Neat solution agreed on by him and  Lance for him and Jasmine  to go to the AFP offices in the city, that means he would have time to wind down before he gets home. Plenty of people wanting to babysit Grace.  Now mum and dad are here I guess they all get bumped down the line.   Most of those two years Robbo didn't know who he was so he didn't know he had parents who could come and visit.  I guess they would have visited when jasmine and Robbo got married but that went pear shaped. Mum was on the sneery side about the place, true it's not ideal,  but it hadn't been planned he and Jasmine would still be there with Grace, circumstances overtook them all,  putting looking  for a place of their own on the back burner.  I can't see their 'plan' going down too well either. How old do they think he is -  he's not  a teenager.  I bet his mum could be a lot more scarier than either Victor or Des though. :D  Poor Grace is still swaddled up I see.

I'm wondering if Martha is having Alf on, Roo did seem to be enjoying  Alf getting cheesed off - loved him griping when Martha was texting him every five minutes - he had moaned she wasn't keeping him informed as to her movements - now she's gone completely the other way.   Alf has had the family to think about if he's been going to go off somewhere like fishing, but Martha hasn't had to consider anyone else for many years.  

Archived