2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Alex is absolutely right to have reservations about Willow and I thought her 'experiment' remark was bang on.  The fact that Willow was pushing to jump into bed so quickly given that she likes guys should set the alarm bells off.  And I think Alex is probably making a mistake getting involved with her.  I did smirk when Alex questioned Willow coming to see her at work (Irony alert) and I found Mason's raised eyebrows when they were talking initially quite amusing.  I did wonder if had actually figured it out yet until I saw the promo on Friday's episode.

I'm glad Robbo and Jasmine have sorted things out and he's going to let her help with Grace.  I don't normally like Irene sticking her nose into things but it did help this time.

Looking at the new girl taking surfing lessons in her swimming costume, I can see why Ziggy would have a problem with Dean teaching her.  She's not exactly what you would call shy.  Dean hasn't wasted too much time making it clear he's not interested.  I did think initially Ryder was wasting his time trying it on with her but I dunno given that he's pretty isolated at the moment perhaps things might change.

Bella is another person who I feel is isolated (They need to have maybe 2-3 characters around the same age she and Ryder can interact with on a regular basis).  I don't blame Mackenzie for being sceptical about her illness given Bella's resistance to the relationship.  But despite the promo, I'm glad Colby didn't blame Mackenzie too much.  It's a shame the same can't be said for Bella.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just how many HSC papers has Roo  got to mark, she been at it for at least a couple of weeks.   She does get the odd mention so I do hope we see her soon.  Alf & Martha hadn't been kept up to date on what had been happening in their absence so Leah had to fill them in on the whole Robbo/Jasmine/Tori and baby saga.  The news rather took the  excitement out of Alf & Martha's announcement that Martha was moving in.  Can't see any problem with Ryder being against it, he likes Martha as she makes Grumps happy.  No real reason for that to be the catalyst for Leah to move out they'd all lived in the same house before, but it turns out Justin really could do with the company before Leah asked Justin  if it would be OK.  Was very sudden Ava going back to Nina, wondered why he was so down and where she was.  Obviously something happened off screen stopping the actress who plays Ava returning.:unsure: He'd got used to having her round the place, Buddy will miss her too seeing as she was the only one feeding him.:wink:  Oh Red - you forgot Mason and he didn't get to say goodbye to Ava.

Were Alf & Martha filled in on Ben's latest news?

Wise words from Maggie when she and Ben were having their picnic maybe a slow return in business is the way rather than have him rushed off his feet then lo and behold he got an enquiry about a board!  Don't be mean Red let them celebrate any way they want.:blush:

Wasn't only Colby who thought Bella was swinging  the lead Dean did too which given her past track record they couldn't be blamed for. Hardly surprising Ross never bothered keeping Bella's jabs up to date, partly he couldn't be bothered and partly make it awkward giving details of past inoculations and medical history.  The antibiotics soon kicked in she was very lucky.  Mac really is on a hiding to nothing with Bella she is never going to like her and Colby will put her first.   We may have missed Bella getting the all clear over the muscle relaxant allergy as it maybe Colby inherited it from his dad which makes Bella clear of it.

Leah and Justin said the L word to each other.:wub:

I thought that was a bit rude for Jade not to say hello back to Martha.  At this point I think Ryder is delusional if he thinks he stands a chance of a relationship with her and I really don't think Martha is helping matters.  In saying that he might get to tap it if they both go out, get drunk and he brings her back to the caravan park.  Early indications are he isn't her type.  Assuming she has a type of course.

So whatever Mason suspected was going on with Alex/Willow was confirmed in this episode.  I actually think Willow's been quite full on to the point where if she had been a guy, she would have been declared as bordering on creepy.  I'm not sure what to make of Alex putting her foot down with Mason like that.  I wouldn't have made a comment like that to any of my bosses but I would probably go as far as saying Alex and Mason are friends.  But I still don't think he should have made that remark.  It wasn't appropriate even though she was OK with Mason kind of egging her and Willow on earlier on in the episode.

As, someone who doesn't particularly like Mackenzie, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for her.  Bella is being quite unpleasant and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable watching their scenes.  And Bella did fake illness in that episode.

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 14:32, H&Alover said:

We may have missed Bella getting the all clear over the muscle relaxant allergy as it maybe Colby inherited it from his dad which makes Bella clear of it.

I did actually see that episode over the Christmas break and Colby notes his dad had an operation once so the allergy must have been from his mother's side.

Again, I'm left wondering why Mackenzie's bothered and why she's letting Colby call all the shots.Even Ryder could see that him ghosting her was pretty bad behaviour, yet she still goes to the hospital trying to make it up even though Colby clearly doesn't want her there.She just needs to wash her hands of the mess.Bella did, as I recall, hate the idea of being separated from Colby when she was first sent to Irene's, so I guess she's no worse than that but it does feel like she's slid backwards a bit.I have been thinking for a long time that we're short of teenagers.When Bella came in, I thought we might finally have a teenage group, but then Coco immediately left so we were back to "Ryder, whichever girl he's dating and the third wheel" and now Raffy's gone too and Ryder's seemingly left school and there's not really anyone left for Bella to hang out with apart from a bunch of 20-something Mangrove River immigrants.

Mason's pretty much had his two and two confirmed.I didn't think it was entirely necessary for Alex to shut him down and I think it's a sign that she still doesn't feel secure in the relationship as much as anything else. So, did Alf and Martha not say anything to Roo about moving in together before they went away? It's been so long ago that I've forgotten.Roo finally gets out from under that pile of marking.

Well, Jade doesn't seem to be that cut-up about Dean's rejection.I suspect she's not really into steady relationships which could be both good and bad news for Ryder.I guess that was her bartender friend coming out of the caravan.

OK so maybe Bella didn't inherit it but Colby did, perhaps it's only the males it affects  like haemophilia.

Same here Slade I don't like Colby and Mac together but on her own and scenes with other people she's OK,  but he is being very unfair to her, keeping her dangling, ringing her when he can, meeting up for a quickie, then dumping her when Bella needs him.  She needs to tell him for once and for all it's over. Willow did try and tell her not to go to the hospital and  of course he was going to side with Bella. Agree Slade of course Bella faked that "I feel sick" but they can't take any chances at the moment.  Obviously a lot more to Bella's back story that is still to be discovered, feeling she's being rejected being asked to go to Irene's, though of course she did narrowly escape being raped there which may have a lot to do with it.  Though of course in her mind, it'll give Colby the perfect opportunity to have Mac round. Willow certainly didn't hold back when she told Bella she didn't have a choice about the jabs and Bella does respect Willow and looks on her as an elder sister.

Where did Alex get the notion Mason had been gossiping about her and Willow - he wouldn't do that - he likes them both, just made a light hearted remark about them admitting they are a couple, same as he would if one had been male and one female.  They, Willow and Alex, may think they are being discreet - OK Willow not so much - but this is a hospital and like any other place of work people will notice the smiles, looks between them.  Nothing has really happened between Alex & Willow apart from a couple of quick snogs so are they a couple?  Willow has always kind of plunged in there, Alex seems the more reserved type and not be snobby she is a doctor so does have to maintain   a certain appearance at work.

Jade is a flirt and likes a good time as was apparent when hunk left her trailer, liked her giving his butt a slap. I feel it's bad news for Ryder it'll only be his third foray into the dating game and to be blunt Jade is a lot more experienced then he is. I hope she'll be gentle with him.  Return of Roo :D- for a moment I thought we wouldn't see her at breakfast.  So much for Alf and Martha's big announcement - Leah, inadvertently, ruined it. 

Thinking back before they left  I don't think either Alf or Martha had any plans that Martha would be moving in permanently  it must have been discussed while they were on their trip.  Not forecasting anything bad happening but it may be a good idea if Martha rented her place out. It's lovely to se Alf so upbeat, but it's not going to be all plain sailing, he may have shared his home with lots of folks but he's still had his own routine as has Martha. Martha has been used to living on her own, no bathroom rota, no having to lock the bathroom door,  for that matter.  Be the same for Leah at the Morgan's she'll no longer be a guest, so she'll have to fit in with Mason and Justin's routine.  How long ago was it Leah and Zak moved into Alf's after the fire?

On 23/01/2020 at 14:01, H&Alover said:

Not down to Colby he had suggested it to her - you can't force someone to see a counsellor/therapist whatever it doesn't work that way.

I don't remember that- I do remember that Colby had stubbornly refused the idea of letting Bella see a therapist when Simone brought it up. 

15 hours ago, H&Alover said:

How long ago was it Leah and Zak moved into Alf's after the fire?

I should probably double check but I think it was 2015.

Bella is showing signs of having some deep-seated problems here, especially deep-seated if she's becoming attached to someone as feckless and unreliable as Colby as her "safe place". It's hard to tell how much of this is insecurity and how much is keeping Colby and Mackenzie apart, but I really hope we get some proper follow-through this time and she's not treated as "cured" if she makes cupcakes and does the washing up. Willow tries to tackle Colby about his behaviour but he's not in the mood, Dean is staying out of it this time.That must have been a hastily arranged date: Colby didn't even seem to think about seeing Mackenzie until Willow suggested it, then only seconds later Bella convinced him to stay with her, yet apparently he had time to arrange a meeting and then cancel it!

I liked Ben and Maggie's chat about the days when people answered their phones.Ziggy cottoned on in the end and I did like her desperately practising the conversation while Dean came up behind her, but it seems to have caused a bit of tension.

I'm glad Alex realised she overreacted and cleared the air with Mason.It seems like she was being hyper-sensitive on Willow's behalf but Willow seemed to accept the girlfriend label without much difficulty.

CURS: Why was all that stuff with Jade in there? She wasn't seen or mentioned at all.

That's quite a while then.

Bella had been doing a lot better until Tommy, yes she was jealous of MacKenzie, but something has really racked it up.  How she is going to cope when he goes to work?  Who else has Bella got to be dependent on, he is her brother. 

Nice to see Ben and Maggie back to almost normal embarrassing Ziggy by kissing on the beach.  Damn we missed out on Ben & Maggie's answer to Ziggy's question as why they called her that.  I thought Dean answered Ziggy's question as to if she ought to go the right way - it is her choice.  Typical isn't it Ziggy tried several times to tell Dean, even told Ben & Maggie not to say anything as she hadn't then they still blow it.  Of course he doesn't really want her to go and not sure if Maggie should have put her oar in but she was right Ziggy could resent Dean further down the line,  so he bit the bullet and gave her his backing keeping Maggie's name out of it. Who would have thought Ben would see Dean as a younger version of himself.

Such sad news about Tori and there is nothing Justin can do to help.  He can't keep putting off telling Mason or Brody or Raffy at least they will be there for each other.  It does raise a whole new scenario regarding Robbo and Grace should the worse happen, pretty sure that wasn't covered in the agreement between Tori and Robbo.  Talking  of whom,  it's not he doesn't trust Jasmine with Grace, he's just not convinced there isn't any danger out there.  

I'm glad Alex apologised to Mason he didn't deserve her flare up. Is it official now that Alex and Willow are girlfriends, she's still not told Dean or Colby.  

Poor Alf getting all hyped up by Martha moving in then she phones to say she's not coming,   but by the looks of thing she's had another change of mind.:unsure:

Alf’s episode count this week: Four.

I’m very much in two minds about Maggie’s interference. I think Ziggy was doing things for the wrong reason and it almost felt like she wanted Dean to tell her to stay so she didn’t have to make the decision. And she may well have ended up resenting him. But it did seem like Maggie put pressure on Dean who’s potentially going to lose out either way.

Well, for all his assurances that it’s all over and they’re safe, it seems Robbo doesn’t quite believe that himself. Taking Grace to the doctor was normal parent panic, but the way he spoke to Jasmine at the end of Wednesday’s episode was a bit over the top and not even in a nasty way, more of a paranoid one. She possibly could have left the note in a more visible place but he’d have seen it if he’d looked for it. At least they seemed to smooth things over a bit after a pep-talk from Irene.

Alf both did and didn’t read too much into Martha’s change of plans. I’m glad that Roo called her because it looked at first as though she wasn’t going to. It’s nice that Martha’s anxiety issues haven’t disappeared overnight: That was, after all, why she’s only been a part time resident in Summer Bay up until now, because she felt safe at home.

Not sounding too good for Tori. I’m not entirely happy that Justin told Robbo so long before the family, although it does seem to be because it was too difficult: Robbo’s one removed and Justin doesn’t feel the same responsibility towards him. Anyway, Leah and Robbo came together to give him something positive. It was nice that he didn’t kick off about the lack of photos of Tori and instead approached Robbo in a calm manner with a solution, he’s obviously learned. And I guess he has experiences looking after babies from when Ava was that age. It would have been good to have a photo of Tori that actually showed her face, but it’s probably the only one of her with Grace.

So, full steam ahead for a couple of pairings. Ryder is out partying with Jade and, after a lot of hesitancy, gets a kiss out of it. Meanwhile, Willow and Alex go from quiet drink through skinny dipping to sleepovers!

I left Home and away for a while. I missed Raffy and got fed up with all that Robbo business. It was just boring crap.

But! 2020, its got a bit more interesting! 

Ryder has a very new girl in his life! She is very interesting!

But the funny thing is Alex and Willow. Great story line on paper. But the two actresses look about as comfortable together as kissing your gran.

They are so awkward. ?

Plus Bella. I love Bella but she needs to grow up. Stop with the needy. I hope she sees alex and willow kissing. Might make her realise there is an adult world out there that does not involve her having a hissy fit.

Archived