2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

On 19/01/2020 at 15:42, Razabaza said:

Does Bella have borderline personality disorder? I don't know why, but I find her rather endearing and likable, despite her rage issues. I think I've mentioned it before, but does she remind anybody else of a young Vanessa Paradis?

I don't think its been mentioned if she has. I definitely think she has some mental health issues, but hasn't been able to see a counsellor or anything due to Colby.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbo needs to start applying some common sense to the situation.I'm not sure what's motivating him, whether it's fear of losing Jasmine or guilt at everything he put her through (unlike with Tori, he did kind of invite her into the mess that's his life), but anyone with eyes could see that he's not making things easier for her, he's just upsetting her.Just because Jasmine doesn't want children of her own, it doesn't mean she's just going to ignore the child that circumstances have landed them with.

I thought Leah being in love with Justin was pretty much a given (she basically said as much to Ava just last week), so I'm not sure why it was treated as some major revelation.They continue to make a good team, so hopefully it won't be a cause of angst.

Willow and Alex do seem to have moved quickly from hanging out as friends and seeing what happens to smooching in the office.I do feel sorry for Willow here, since she's got no idea how she's supposed to act, but she probably should have read the situation better and not insisted on an intense conversation in the middle of the hospital, which has just left everything up in the air.I wonder if Alex has past experience of falling for someone who just sees it as an experiment.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 00:23, Lunar said:

I don't think its been mentioned if she has. I definitely think she has some mental health issues, but hasn't been able to see a counsellor or anything due to Colby.

Not down to Colby he had suggested it to her - you can't force someone to see a counsellor/therapist whatever it doesn't work that way.

Robbo finally came to his senses with a big nudge from Irene - Jasmine looked very comfortable with Grace - in fact, maybe premature - but supposing Jasmine gets too attached to her and when Tori is better and able to look after Grace she doesn't want to give her back?  Jasmine isn't made that way to ignore  a baby who is part her husbands - they have kind of been 'forced' into looking after Grace  full time rather than part time. If anyone has in the past been anti kids it was Phoebe, she just didn't gel with them. Anyways glad it has been finally sorted - not sure that punch bag in the gym could withstand much more pummelling from Robbo. Ah his remark "She didn't sign up for this" meaning Grace she didn't 'sign up' for all the trauma after their wedding either but as Irene said she was still there. It would have been very ironic if they could come through  all that yet been torn apart by a baby!

I'm sure I heard Leah say the l word too, maybe she hasn't actually said it to Justin.   I have noticed Simone's name never gets mentioned  in the visit.:wink:  Mason got the chance to go on the trip but at very short notice.  Besides if he had he would have  missed out on that heated exchange between Alex and Willow! 

Amazing how people do that walk into someone's work place and not your ordinary workplace but a hospital and expect them to drop everything to talk to you right there and then.  Rather sweet Mason saying to Alex he wasn't just Willow's friend but hers too if she wanted someone to talk to, he is one of the few who knows Alex's leanings.  I thought it may be Alex had been burned by an experimenter but no a long term relationship had finished a year ago not long in the scheme of things so not surprising she is wary about dipping her toe back into the water.  She told Willow she wasn't into casual but maybe that is what she needs nothing too serious to help her get back out there. It may be her that hurts Willow!  I don't suppose there is a guide book to teach you how to act in your first lesbian/gay relationship if you have been straight till now.   Odd she hasn't confided in Dean or Colby, does she think they wouldn't understand?

New girl - Jade - someone for Ziggy to be worried about - or is she just that way with everyone?  She is completely different from Simone but there was the fact she does know how to surf. We didn't need the OTT hair flicking though.  Dean realised after his chat with Willow Ziggy is still raw after what happened with Brody and glad they talked about it instead of letting it fester.  Of course she trusts him  but.......   Ryder may  unintentionally be making things worse by suggesting she gets a job at Salt so she won't be moving on as quick as Dean & Ziggy thinks she will be.  I had to smile at the look on Dean's face when he ducked out of having a drink with Jade and Ryder - pure relief.

54 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Not down to Colby he had suggested it to her - you can't force someone to see a counsellor/therapist whatever it doesn't work that way.

Ah I missed that bit - I just remember in the start that Colby didn't want her to see one as he thought it would bring the Ross stuff up again, and potentially expose him.

On 19/01/2020 at 15:42, Razabaza said:

Does Bella have borderline personality disorder? I don't know why, but I find her rather endearing and likable, despite her rage issues. I think I've mentioned it before, but does she remind anybody else of a young Vanessa Paradis?

Does anybody else hate bed/after sex scenes? Like the other day Justin and Leah, in the past other people. It's not needed. 

Somehow I don't see Bella belting out "Joe Le Taxi" on The Diner's Amateur night!?

I can live with the bed scenes as long as they're not excessive. Before there were a little tamer mild cuddles, generally with Pip and either husband but then the 2000s and 2010s happened :)

Well, even after all that, he still needed Irene to spell it out for him, but at least Robbo got there in the end. Good intentions but he needed to actually find out what Jasmine wanted instead of just assuming, and they seem to be comfortable by the end.

Okay, so Alex’s backstory wasn’t that traumatic, she’s just out of practise at starting from scratch. Mason obviously suspects but is being surprisingly discreet. I get why Ziggy’s reacting the way she is, although it’s still unfair on Dean. Still, Willow had some wise words which also helped her with Alex. I’m not sure what to make of Jade. She hasn’t done anything obviously crazy, although she does seem to be coming up with excuses to spend time with Dean. The comparison with Simone, who seemed similarly fixated on Brody this time last year only for him to end up reciprocating, is actually there. I wondered if she was meant to be Ryder’s age when she mentioned taking a gap year before uni but seems like she’s older. Dean’s shut her down, something Brody never quite did with Simone: It’s hard to tell whether she’s moved on to Ryder or is just using him as an in-road to Dean. Nice references to Ben’s continued recovery.

Unfortunately, as Dean says, Bella faking an illness would be in character. If she is ill, then I feel sorry for her, missing out on a trip that she maybe would have enjoyed. But jury’s still out: She did seem to go from being utterly crook in the Diner to being back to her aggressive self when Mackenzie turned up, and even that collapse could be faked (Mackenzie didn’t look convinced). Still, erring on the side of caution is a good policy: I'm not sure if he didn't have time or what, but Colby really should have taken her to a doctor.

Alf’s back. For one scene.

Easy for someone else to say to Ziggy  Dean isn't Brody and you can't put your last experience on him.  She knows Dean isn't Brody but there'll still be that little niggle of doubt.  Dean has been very upfront with Ziggy about her and he did try and tell her Jade was staying.  Shows how much Ziggy has matured resisting the urge to send him that text and actually talking to Dean about it  than going off on one. The one difference between the two is Ziggy was never really into Brody's world of cooking whereas Simone was, this time both Ziggy and Dean are into surfing and cars so Jade won't have leverage there.  Jade did put Dean in his place when he said he knew she was interested in him, but was very happy with Ziggy and she didn't stand a chance. I'd like to think she isn't a threat just a flirty type with everyone.  Ryder does seem to have it bad, making too much of an effort., loved his asking Dean for advice.:D Jade did say she started off taking a gap year and just never went back so maybe early 20's?

I'd forgotten about Ben's accounts being frozen so now he can give Dean his money back not that he's bothered and afford to buy things for the shop, another big load off his mind.  Did we ever find out who bought the pier complex, Diner and flat? :unsure:  His new meds seem to be kicking in so far, muttering away to himself - in a good way.  Liked Dean's little joke about him doing that will chase the customers away.

Yes Bella's previous antics would point to her being 'ill' as fake.  It's known she has a real downer on Mac so not surprising she suspected she was putting it on.  Bella's renewed interest in photography I must have missed as it being one of those conversations that was being mumbled.  From what we saw though Bella wasn't faking it and is really ill.

Alf and Martha are back, he congratulated  Ryder on finishing his HSC's who neatly ducked the question 'anything else happen?'  Have Alf and Martha been kept up to date about Tori, Robbo, Jasmine and Grace? Big announcement time eh?

Alf's episode count this week:Two. Roo was MIA for the fourth week running.That HSC marking is obviously really time-consuming.

So it looks like Martha might be around full-time now.Well, good for her and Alf, I guess.And it's resulted in Leah making a permanent move out of there, which is probably sensible: Trying to turn her into the new Sally didn't work long term, since her large extended family were mostly gone within a year or two and she's basically been lodging with Alf's family since.That was a rather abrupt off screen departure for Ava, which almost leaves me wondering if plans changed last minute.Hard on Justin, who seems to be getting it every way at the moment, but at least he's got Leah.And Buddy.

I am slightly worried at Ben and Maggie resuming certain activities: Not that they did it in itself, but that they thought that was a sign things were fine once before and it turned out to just be papering over the cracks. Hopefully they'll keep things in perspective this time.

I forgot to mention yesterday that Mackenzie's now a regular.But if she has many more days like this, she'll probably wish she wasn't.Another consequence of Bella's time off the grid which no-one really thought about. It was touch and go but she's soon back fighting fit and dreaming up another reason to hate Mackenzie, and of course Colby doesn't do anything to put Bella straight about the fact he thought she might be faking before he even spoke to Mackenzie.I guess he apologised for blaming her, but he was still pretty insensitive to her at the end and didn't seem to think that she was on the outside.Again, I'm left wondering why Mackenzie is going through all this for the sake of the occasional grope with him.

Hilarious lack of continuity:Despite saying she's never been in hospital before and has no medical records, Colby confidently states Bella has no allergies...even though a major plot point last season was Colby being allergic to a muscle relaxant and wondering if Bella could have inherited it as well. And then the doctors even give Bella a muscle relaxant! I guess that's one way of finding out...

Archived