2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Irene did get it right though about it not only being Colby being dumped by Mack.

Apart from Justin getting it wrong initially causing Ava to go storming off, though luckily not too far, he did seem to work it out with Nina so Ava doesn't feel she is in the middle.  So sad when she said she didn't want to choose between Brian and her mum but felt she may have to.  It is so wrong for parents to use their kids as bargaining chips, while claiming they love them,  they don't realise what damage they are doing to them.  Nice little reference there  to our very own Bear Grylls.:D  Leah, Justin and Ava make a nice little family, laughed at Ava teasing Leah & Justin whenever they had a snog.  Wouldn't be so sure all is settled Red, Nina does come across as the type who freaks out at the least thing.  OK she was entitled to when Ava got kidnapped but aside from that.

Maybe the billy goats Gruff are still at the bunker waiting for the feds.  There suddenly seems to be a lot of abandoned building in the area which is handy for bad guys to hang out in.  Des had to ring Victor (Devlin) then apart from him acting the big I am before, Robbo knew who really was pulling the strings.  Maybe Carter is hoping he can talk his way out of whatever Devlin thinks he's done. 

I thought Blake was already a friend of Ryder's, he'd been invited to the party and I'm sure Roo said it was nice Ryder was reconnecting with his old friends, John got the impression he and the other two were new friends?:unsure:  I get Ryder feels a tad lost and adrift but beware of who you team up with just to 'fit in'.    Relief he didn't have to make a choice regarding the cheating and he did tell Bake no when he asked Ryder to get him alcohol, making Blake 17?   That's the trouble with cribbing you can't put exactly the same answers that would be a dead give away. Another example of parents, this case Blake's dad, expecting too much of their kids.  He expects Blake to follow in his footsteps, I guess his dad did the same so you could feel sympathy for him.  Roo  may be a nagger but she can back off when told to and she and Ryder have come to a compromise after what happens when he gets his HSC's.  I thought media studies was one of Ryder's top subjects?  Guessing we will have to wait and see what happens with the drugging of the water bottle,  what I'd like to see is Ryder 'accidentally' knock it over on the day.

No trailer for tonight just a trailer for the specials while H&A is off, so we didn't get to see what is going down tonight between Carter, Robbo and Devlin.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf’s episode count: Suspended. After my comments on Monday, it turned out to be a very sparse week to go out on for many of the regulars. John, Tori and Jasmine only appeared in one episode each, although Jasmine was credited on Monday and John was credited on Friday (as was Marilyn) despite them not appearing. Roo didn’t appear at all.

Well, maybe not quite the dramatic cliffhanger some people were expecting, but it gave us a big finish before the break while leaving Tori and Ryder’s threads hanging. It was certainly a satisfying moment seeing our snake tattoo friends get rounded up and Robbo finally got to face down Victor: This is what Colby should have done at the start of the year instead of actually giving in to Ross’ goading, so there’s a nice book end there. (Mind you, if Victor seriously had a death wish, it looked like he could have just kept running off that edge.) And they even finally pick up Dylan. There are a number of loose ends and unexplained incidents from the last two years (notably why exactly Dylan and Robbo were on that boat together in the first place), but I’m happy to leave it at that. The big question from this week is, I guess, at what point did Robbo call in the cavalry? If he’d already set things in motion before he ran into Colby at the start of the week, then that whole incident could have been staged to let Tori and Jasmine know he was more or less safe without giving away the fact he was working with the feds again, although if so I’m not sure how much of him being on edge was faked given he seemed pretty tense when he was alone. I’m assuming/hoping the news was passed on, since Jasmine was a lot calmer than you’d expect her to be if she thought he was still in the hands of the baddies. Matt Turner from Neighbours as Tori’s doctor: Josef Brown did of course appear way back in 2012 as a guy Roo briefly dated.

Well, Ryder did manage to knock the drink away but he didn’t exactly make it look like an accident. Hindsight’s 20/20 but it might have been better to say something in the first place. Maybe he was hoping Maggie wouldn’t be thirsty and he wouldn’t have to. It’s hard to take Blake’s threat of social suicide seriously, given that Ryder will be out of school soon anyway. I’m hoping that Maggie has the sense to realise there must be a reason for it other than Ryder causing trouble.

And that’s it until January! Australia finishes next week (earlier than they have done in recent years), so we’ll have nine weeks’ worth of the 2019 season to come next year.

A reminder for anyone that may have missed it, Home and Away returns to Channel 5 on Monday 6th January 2020.

The first episode of Home and Away: Christmas in Summer Bay will be added to My5 this coming Monday - you can see a promo and pictures for the first episode in our article here:

https://www.backtothebay.net/news/2019/11/18/home-and-away-to-air-a-series-of-christmas-specials/

We'll add a picture preview for the following episode next Tuesday (and every week following).

1 minute ago, pembie said:

I'm confused where these Christmas shows are for next week  there's nothing on my tv guides

It's on the My5 on-demand service, not on TV. If you don't have access to the My5 app on your TV/set-top box (or other devices) you can watch it on the website. There's links in the above article to both My5 and their help pages which explains about the app availability.

It'd have been funnier if Ryder had speared Maggie to the floor landing on top of her and her telling him, "There'd better be a *damn* good reason for this!" While the class chuckle and some of the males call him "an absolute legend" later ?

(Had this been 1988 or 1994, this would have most likely happened)

I found Friday's episode very tense, great showdown between Robbo and Victor and his gang, was  he bluffing about having Dylan's confession on record somewhere, guess we'll never know now.  They were very full of bluster but Robbo didn't back down once and he called their bluff about testing their conviction he was bluffing. I reckon he must have called the feds in once he knew the location of the final meeting having had them on standby once he got back, wise keeping Colby out if it, the less people who knew the less chance of  a leak, kept Colby safe too. Victor really enjoyed telling Robbo about how he slaughtered his family.:angry:  The final chase racked it up even further.  You could see Robbo was so tempted to shoot Victor where he stood, but was the better man and who was the pathetic one then, when Victor more or less said he'd rather die because he knew what happened to child killers inside or dear, what a shame, never mind.  Dylan, I suppose, had redeemed himself by turning in Victor and the rest, he won't have an easy time inside himself, being an ex cop and a snitch, but the fact that Victor was a child killer may excuse him from that part of revenge. Clever idea of showing that and the situation at the safe house. Shame in a way we won't find out why Dylan and Robbo were on the boat together.  Good ending to the saga though.

Scott, I think, knew something but being a fed couldn't say anything until he knew everything  had gone as it should.  Typical soap plot having a heavily pregnant female, in this case Tori, going into labour and I had wondered about the suture preventing it being a normal birth, if it had been Jasmine could have handled it, doc can't have been that far away, he did get there pretty quick, was he a fed doctor?  Silly to ask if Robbo makes it in time - of course he will.

Wasn't the best way to stop Maggie from drinking the drugged water, he has explaining to do and surely Maggie didn't leave the class alone when she ordered Ryder to her office.   It did seem from the trailer he risks losing his marks on the HSC's he has done and being prevented from doing more?:unsure:  Will he dub Blake in risking  him getting expelled and getting in the ear big time from his dad who sounds like a bully.  I suppose he could hint he'd heard of  a plot to drug her without naming names.

The only light spot was Leah and Justin's post bonk  talk.:blush:

Was Alf's voice over about 'seeing you in the New Year' the same one they'll hearing in Australia? 

I feel sorry for Ben, it will take a couple of weeks for his body to adjust to his meds, he could actually get worse before they start working. But hopefully he'll be able to save his marriage.

Must say I'm looking forward to the whole gang storyline coming to an end. I'm sure poor Jasmine didn't sign up for getting involved in a life constantly looking over her shoulder.

Archived