Jump to content
Dan F

2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Recommended Posts

Everyone needs a friend like Ryder!! :wub: I love him, he is so supportive and non judgemental whatever the problem the other person has.  He'd started to work out something was wrong and finally confirmed what we had been wondering that he had no idea of what had happened to Bellla, he'd had his head stuck in his revision for his HSC trials.  Very good reason why Bella didn't flinch last week, and Ryder was practically carrying her back to the house, it was because she was pretty out of it so her natural reactions  were slowed. Can't speak for the rest of the kids at SBH, all we've seen of them was at the party when actually none of them made any snide remarks in Bella's direction and in the classroom sitting their trials. Ryder's look of panic when Colby turned up was amusing but Colby put him at ease by explaining he had been wrong to overreact the way he did - just doing what any big brother would do really  - and Bella had told him what had happened and he wanted to thank him for looking  out for her.  That must have properly startled Ryder when Bella reacted the way she did, he's given her hugs before and play punched each other.  Both Roo and Irene were put on the spot when he voiced his worries to them so glad that Roo went to speak to Bella about how Ryder was worried about her and wanted to help. I'm so glad she felt able to open up to him, him bring a bloke an all, I was hoping we wouldn't cut out of the whole confession, as usually happens, Ryder assuring Bella she most certainly an idiot was so him.  His asking her if he could give her a  hug  and her letting him was so lovely. It's just sudden movements from blokes she can't handle, even those she knows like Dean.  If or when she goes back to school, Ryder, even if they aren't in the same year but around will look out for her.  I'm guessing Bella doesn't know there were there  other victims before her, in one way it'd be good for her to know she isn't alone in being  duped by Tommy and not the idiot she thinks she is but on the other hand may make her feel more scared that he had done it before.

I know Raffy has been going through her own stuff but it's odd she hasn't been in touch with Bella for what seems ages. Seeing as her photo was one of the ones Bella took and I'm guessing Tommy got hold of strange Justin or Marilyn and John haven't been contacted about them.:unsure:  Or did Tommy delete any that weren't Bella?

At first I thought Colby was being dense when he was asking Bella how her photography assignment was coming along and she didn't want to know, I was 'telling' him 'it  brought Tommy into her life dummy' but he must have clicked at some point because he was saying to Willow later how sad it was that Tommy had taken that from her life because it brought back happy memories of their mum and she was good at it.

I think Leah is being short sighted when it come to her rejecting Irene's - well her solicitor's - idea of signing over her half of the Diner to her to save both their livelihoods.  I got the feeling Leah was more concerned about the other women who had told her their stories of being abused and afraid of letting them down than helping her long time friend when she needs her.  I reckon Justin is leaning more to Irene's side of the argument but is wisely keeping his own counsel though he had said to Leah before if all goes well she just signs it back.   Plenty of innocent people go to prison you know  Leah happened enough times before Zac for one springs to mind.  Irene never mentioned the house though it crossed my mind could Tommy force her to sell that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Mackenzie was talking about putting her best friend in jail, I thought well I bet he will be released before her character exit lol

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alf's episode count this week:Five!

Well, thank goodness for Mackenzie, that's all I'll say:The first person to really talk sense over this.It was frustrating that Irene backed down without a fight again, preferring to go to jail rather than rock the boat.I've been critical of Colby over this, and I still am, but to be honest Irene hasn't done much better, although it's harder for her since she's the one that stands to benefit.Both of them have been encouraging Bella to do the easy thing instead of the right thing, and neither of them seemed to think about the effect it would have on her if Irene went to jail because she was too scared to help her.So I practically cheered when Mackenzie asked the obvious question of why exactly is Irene asking Bella to testify wrong, and then offered her the other side of the argument.

So it's a shame that Irene proceeded to make exactly the same mistake and let Leah emotionally manipulate her into backing down.(Indeed, Leah's whole strategy for Irene's defence seems to be based around emotional arguments rather than rational and logical ones.)To be fair, it did seem like Irene had given up and was preparing for jail, so in that sense Leah was right to galvanise her to keep fighting.But assuming she's doing that, protecting her assets seems like a sensible precaution and, as Irene put it, "damned common sense".Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.Leah's another one that's not thinking about what happens if things don't go the way they want and they lose everything.

John's upswing continues.I was expecting him to tell Dean to take the sign down because he didn't have permission, but while he couldn't resist having a dig, he was ultimately supportive.Dean offering Ben a job could have backfired but he seemed to recognise the good intentions.The running gag of Ryder always being around kissing couples possibly went on a bit too long, once was enough.Ben doesn't seem able to talk about anything other than business with Maggie, everything else he just ignores.And now Karen's back...Does Ben know her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

So it's a shame that Irene proceeded to make exactly the same mistake and let Leah emotionally manipulate her into backing down.(Indeed, Leah's whole strategy for Irene's defence seems to be based around emotional arguments rather than rational and logical ones.)To be fair, it did seem like Irene had given up and was preparing for jail, so in that sense Leah was right to galvanise her to keep fighting.But assuming she's doing that, protecting her assets seems like a sensible precaution and, as Irene put it, "damned common sense".Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.Leah's another one that's not thinking about what happens if things don't go the way they want and they lose everything.

I agree, I thought that was odd tbh. She could agree for Irene to sign over her share of the diner (which would protect both of them really if something happens, not just Leah) but still persuade her to see if Bella would change her mind about testifying. Its not as if Leah couldn't of given Irene her share back if she avoids jail, or even if she does serve but does x amount of months/years and comes out. Its one thing to be optimistic but it puts their whole livelihoods on the line.

Edited by Lunar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lunar said:

I agree, I thought that was odd tbh. She could agree for Irene to sign over her share of the diner (which would protect both of them really if something happens, not just Leah) but still persuade her to see if Bella would change her mind about testifying. Its not as if Leah couldn't of given Irene her share back if she avoids jail, or even if she does serve but does x amount of months/years and comes out. Its one thing to be optimistic but it puts their whole livelihoods on the line.

Problem is if she agreed then there would no more problem for remainder of the storyline.

Lots of people don’t realise that the reason characters don’t do the simple thing is because there wouldn’t be any drama and the storyline would be over too fast!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Alf's episode count this week:Five!

Well, thank goodness for Mackenzie, that's all I'll say:The first person to really talk sense over this.It was frustrating that Irene backed down without a fight again, preferring to go to jail rather than rock the boat.I've been critical of Colby over this, and I still am, but to be honest Irene hasn't done much better, although it's harder for her since she's the one that stands to benefit.Both of them have been encouraging Bella to do the easy thing instead of the right thing, and neither of them seemed to think about the effect it would have on her if Irene went to jail because she was too scared to help her.So I practically cheered when Mackenzie asked the obvious question of why exactly is Irene asking Bella to testify wrong, and then offered her the other side of the argument.

So it's a shame that Irene proceeded to make exactly the same mistake and let Leah emotionally manipulate her into backing down.(Indeed, Leah's whole strategy for Irene's defence seems to be based around emotional arguments rather than rational and logical ones.)To be fair, it did seem like Irene had given up and was preparing for jail, so in that sense Leah was right to galvanise her to keep fighting.But assuming she's doing that, protecting her assets seems like a sensible precaution and, as Irene put it, "damned common sense".Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.Leah's another one that's not thinking about what happens if things don't go the way they want and they lose everything.

John's upswing continues.I was expecting him to tell Dean to take the sign down because he didn't have permission, but while he couldn't resist having a dig, he was ultimately supportive.Dean offering Ben a job could have backfired but he seemed to recognise the good intentions.The running gag of Ryder always being around kissing couples possibly went on a bit too long, once was enough.Ben doesn't seem able to talk about anything other than business with Maggie, everything else he just ignores.And now Karen's back...Does Ben know her?

You're forgetting this is "You're not too sick for your HSC!" Leah Patterson!🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2019 at 20:02, c120701 said:

As I said in the 5Star thread... How did the new Doctor saying “I thought she was on paternity leave” in reference to Tori not get noticed by Sam Frost, the Director or any of the crew in studio or in post-production?

It would’ve been easy to dub.

I’ve listened to multiple times on the TV and my phone and there’s a clear P sound in my opinion.

Yep - I definitely heard paternity too!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, if Leah just agreed to take Irene's share, then all of the pressure on Bella to testify would have been avoided. While I did enjoy the motivation Leah's vlog gave Irene, it still would have been better for Leah to just agree to give Irene a bit of peace of mind. Also it would be better if things took a turn for the worst. That's all I'm saying, but again, Lynne's acting was stupendous. 

I'll be honest, I was unsure about the idea of Bella testifying about what happened, as it would mean how hard it would be for her to be in the same room with Tommy again, and I am truly aware, how hard it would be for someone to talk about such a traumatic affect, so I am grateful that before Thursday, no-one was forcing her to testify. On Friday however, I was open to the other side of the argument, that of course testifying would be the right thing to do to make sure Tommy gets locked up, and that Bella would have been devastated if she did nothing and Irene was found guilty. I have to agree with Red, Mackenzie was very impressive with her talk with Bella with her past of her former best friend (if only she gave that advice to Dean), so overall, I am very proud of Bella agreeing to testify and do the right thing for Irene. 

Dean offering Ben a job was nice, and hopefully Ben won't be seeing it as just charity, just Dean trying to make things right by him, so hopefully it works out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time we've heard something from Mack's past other than her troubles with Rick, also we learnt Colby hadn't told her about Bella.  Although it is different, Tommy has previous history, him going to prison will stop him doing to other girls. Wonder how young Mack was when she testified?   I, like others on here, still think Leah should take up Irene's offer of signing over her half of the business even now that Bella has agreed to be a witness. It's not betraying the other women that have been through the same thing.

A good idea by Mack to invest in Dean becoming a surfing instructor and he saw sense at last, but is it going to be that simple - won't he have to have some sort of proper training if he's going to get paid for it, whole different thing to him teaching his friends for free.  Wouldn't there have to be checks on his background, be authorised by local council, health and safety checks  etc?  Lovely that he asked Ben to work for him, he was as he put it, returning the favour and Ben accepted it in the spirit it was intended.  John is still in sensible mode, but John being John had to have a dig.

Is Karen now out for good, odd she hadn't let Dean know.   I don't think she and Ben had met before, I wouldn't think so considering the way she got his attention.:D

Edited by H&Alover
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.