2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I feel like there’s a massive hole in Alf’s story in the shape of Morag. She would be in there tearing strips off Martha, asking Alf what the hell he is playing at. I do hope Cornelia gets the massive on screen farewell that she deserves 

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ter06 said:

I feel like there’s a massive hole in Alf’s story in the shape of Morag. She would be in there tearing strips off Martha, asking Alf what the hell he is playing at. I do hope Cornelia gets the massive on screen farewell that she deserves 

Hear, hear, she deserves recognition, Cornelia played Morag so well.   Everyone, well Marilyn & John,  would like Alf and Martha to get back together, but never mind how Alf feels about it, no-one seems bothered how Martha feels, she's not been consulted at all.  She, like Alf may just want to be friends, good friends and nothing more. Alf knows full well what Marilyn is like trying to match make people she cares about and to giver her her due she did back off.

The marathon was good, well covered and Mason was great the way he reassured Maggie, calming her down and giving her the update on how to do the run due to the heat, which even in Australia can get excessive. Said before clue is in the name it's a marathon not a sprint. We also saw him looking after other collapsed runners. Did we see Raffy & Ryder there, odd if we didn't seeing as they are Coco's friends and would have been there to support her. Coco did well , she took it steady, unlike Ziggy, how long would that lap have lasted for? May be my imagination but I got the feeling she was doing it to get her mind off Simone popping up again and  Brody ducking out of being there to support Maggie. Even the ones who had trained would have been overwhelmed by the heat but Ziggy hadn't done any training, yes she is a surfer but a running is a completely different discipline.  Mason was brilliant in the way he took control and tended to Ziggy.  Eerily the runners, including Ziggy, passed the caravan where Brody & Simone were enjoying their afternoon delight. Going off on a tandem who did Simone get the key from?  Ziggy did well biting her tongue the way she did when she saw Simone was back Brody did alleviate her unspoken fears by saying Simone wasn't working that day.

Had to smile:D  at Leah crossing the finish line and immediately going to Justin and hugging him, then looking all embarrassed.:blush:

Oh Brody I have always been on his side, his drug taking aside, he came through the other side of that, has kept himself clean, re-set up SALT, proved to Ben and Maggie he was worthy of being with Ziggy who had stood by him through it all, backing off in his early days of recovery.  The marriage may have been rushed  and he did unengage from Ziggy when he found out she wanted to get married so quick because of Maggie but changed his mind.  They have been through so much together and they have certainly had their ups ands downs, Ziggy is very volatile but they've got past it,  so yes his sudden 'passion' for Simone is out of nowhere, aside from his being flattered she admired him as a chef. She is just as much to blame but I can see why she wouldn't want to be his bit on the side, that would apply if he was going to be the 'other man'.  To be fair D.B Brody didn't know Ziggy was in danger while he was playing away. There will be quite  a few people lining up to punch Brody so form an orderly queue folks.

Going to very interesting to see how Brody explains his absence from SALT seeing as he told Ziggy he couldn't leave as he was short staffed. Are Brody's staff walking around blindfolded, have they really not noticed the frisson between them and the way they keep ducking into the storeroom/larder?

Alf's episode count this week:Four, and he was credited on Friday for no appearance.

Simone's moving into a van begs the question where has she been living up until now, and further emphasises how little her storyline makes sense: She was introduced as a visitor to town who came to win a cooking lesson with Brody, but since then she's been around for weeks with no apparent income.Doesn't she have a home to go back to?Has she been sleeping in the car or something?Oh well, she's got a job now.Brody completely fails to have an epiphany but has got Justin and Mason suspicious.Although I'm not entirely convinced of Mason's ability to recognise a drug addict when he sees one (he hasn't noticed Tori's pregnant, after all), he is right.

And goodbye to Coco, at least for ten weeks.I'd rather have both her and Bella around rather than them taking it in turns to play gooseberry with Raffy and Ryder, maybe we'll get a chance to explore that dynamic during the holiday unless she actually does find a rich friend to spend it with.Another nice, if brief, Raffy/Mason scene.Why was Justin at the farewell dinner and Mason, who was with him earlier, wasn't, by the way?

Chelsea really should have just kept driving when she left town before instead of letting Colby cajole her into giving him another chance: She was right, they come from different worlds and have different morals, and now she's an accessory to murder.And I continue to have this horrible feeling as Colby pulls sad faces, and plays the injured party, and continues to complain that no-one understands him because they don't know what Mangrove River was like, that we're meant to feel sorry for this selfish sociopath who feels no guilt and takes no responsibility for what he's done, and has yet again screwed things up for Bella by giving her a hint of a stable family life and pretty much single-handedly destroying it, then leaving her thinking Chelsea's the bad guy in it all.

On 22/03/2019 at 11:21, ter06 said:

Well said, my friend. Well said. 

Friday's episode:

The writers really seem determined to make Brody into the lowest piece of trash, aren't they? I mean seriously, what the hell man, calling the woman you're cheating with while your wife is in the hospital? That's low, and he continues to show no shame for it. The scenes with him and the rest of the Astonis are horrible to watch now that his character is ruined, him trying to look like he's still a good husband. Ugh. At least Justin is now becoming more suspicious of his brother now, so hopefully it will bring an end to the affair.  Meanwhile, the farewell to Coco was rather nice, except that the way they showed it made it seem like that was her final episode, when we're probably going to see her again. I'm not criticising it, it's just something I found weird about it. 

Now, call me cynical and mean, but I was actually satisfied with what happened with Colby and Chelsea. Given the show's recent history, I'm now resigned to the fact that Colby is unlikely to see punishment for his crime, so I'm glad to see some form of consequence for him: he's not getting everything, and as a result for his actions and lack of remorse for it (I get that he isn't sorry that Ross is gone, but still, the murder another human being is far from okay) has now cost him his marriage. Which I'm satisfied to see. While it is grating that Bella's words to Colby at the end seem to suggest that Chelsea's to blame for the seperation, I;m glad Chelsea told him enough was enough, because she made so much sacrifices for him, no matter how much sad faces he pulls over it. In the end, I have to admire Chelsea as a person with strong principles who stuck by them even if it meant the end of her marriage. And I could even understand why she didn't report him, even though she should, I mean, they did love each other. 

Even though what Colby did was wrong, I'd hardly call him a sociopath.  I'm surprised Chelsea just walked away, her mantra was always to play by the book, but nothing about reporting Colby to the cops, is she just going to hope Colby turns himself in? Like you Red I feel sorry for Bella, she was supposed to be moving to the city for a new life with a stable family for the first time in her young life, now it's all ruined. Well that marriage had to be one of the shortest in the bays history, be interesting to see how he explains that away.

Justin has indeed got his suspicions as has Mason who  is right Brody isn't back on drugs, though in a way Brody is hooked on something - or should that be someone.  Maybe Mason was working so that is why he wasn't at Coco's impromptu farewell party. :unsure:  Funny how no-one asked Brody where he was, Ziggy of course was out of it so didn't question it.  Brody has now talked Simone into being his 'bit on the side' as he wants to stay with Ziggy.  Then Ziggy rubbed salt (oops sorry) into the wound by saying she had no objection to Simone being there and she was grateful she'd helped Brody when he was so busy and he did have the grace to look guilty behind her back.

Could Simone have been staying at the motel previously, it still doesn't as you say Red explain what is she living on, she was working for free at SALT.

Nice of Ryder & Raffy to ask Bella along to Coco's party and loved all the banter between them all, lovely sisterly goodbye between Coco and Ziggy considering what they were like when they first came to the bay. It did sound like Coco was leaving forever, but no it's 10 weeks. I suppose Anna Cocquerel is committed to something, exams perhaps?

It continues to be aggravating seeing Colby hanging around town with a hangdog expression playing the victim and making everyone think that Chelsea's the bad guy for abandoning him.At least the show's paying attention to who's sleeping where in the flat.I'm not quite sure where Colby and Bella could go if they do move out, now that we're stuck with them in Summer Bay.I don't mind keeping Bella but I'd rather not have to keep Colby as well.

While the situation is of Tori's making, I continue to not feel as sorry for Jasmine as the show seems to think I should.Because for all the eye-rolling, she did put herself in the middle of this by accessing Tori's medical records without thinking about the consequences.She had a golden opportunity to be honest with Robbo here and didn't take it, although I guess she felt she needed to keep her promise to Tori.So it's a bit strange that, having cheerily toasted the baby a week ago, Leah and Justin think that this is the line they can't cross.I winced at Tori leading with "I'm pregnant" rather than "I had the second embryo implanted": It was just begging for Robbo to get the wrong idea.

Tori really is something else, isn't she? I actually can't believe that she is that narrow-minded that now she's even refusing to consider anyone else's advice and then pulls on a pout everytime someone wants to give her a telling-to, using the excuse that someone has already done it. Yeah, if more than one person is trying to tell that what you're doing is wrong, then you ought to listen! And I'm sorry, but her claim that this hasn't been easy for her was total bulls***,  she is getting what she wants,has shown that she has no problem lying to Robbo and everyone else before, unlike Jasmine, who is still getting most of my sympathy (along with to a lesser extent Justin and Leah): I do agree, Red, that Jasmine found out the wrong way, but this hasn't been the first time someone has done it in the hospital (e.g Mason, Tori, even Billie), and also she was forced into a dilemma between two people both of whom she cares very much about. And as the Robbo fan here, I loved Robbo's initial reaction of happiness for Tori when she told him that she was pregnant, but obviously that changed when she told the full truth. The fallout of this will be ugly. 

And despite my satisfaction last episode, I was disappointed that Colby has led everyone to believe that it was Chelsea's fault for their separation and leaving poor Bella feeling like it's her fault. Again, he still, perhaps even unintentionally, letting his lies making things worse for his sister. 

On 24/03/2019 at 15:35, H&Alover said:

Even though what Colby did was wrong, I'd hardly call him a sociopath.

With all due respect, H&Alover, I have to disagree. Colby shot someone in cold blood (no matter whether Ross was evil or not), covered up the evidence, and showed no regret over it. But only shows upset when his fiance leaves. All are very disturbing signs for a character. 

I have to admit I was quite enjoying Tori bricking it with the pregnancy when Jasmine was grilling her last week.  And I absolutely loved Jasmine giving her a serve when Tori came to confront her afterwards.

I was watching part of the scenes in yesterdays episode in the gym so had to read the subtitles and it was interesting trying to guess what was being said just before the subtitles showed up during all the Tori pregnancy stuff.  Anyway I'm glad Leah and Justin did their intervention and forced Tori into telling Robbo the truth as I didn't like the way they celebrated it with her before when Jasmine saw them.  Tori's level of selfishness was unreal.  And it was annoying seeing her constantly make excuses for her actions e.g. her claim it was Jasmine's fault it was affecting her own relationship for sticking her nose in the first place.  It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.  Although I will say I did like Tori in that black dress.

I felt sorry for Ziggy last week when she collapse whilst Brody was sleeping with Simone.  The first thing that occurred to me was the same thing I thought when Jasmine was suspicious with Tori - It's not going to take Justin very long to figure out what's going on.  I'm assuming from the phone call Justin had in yesterday's episode that Brody was with Simone again.

I was over the moon when I saw both Chelsea and Coco leave the bay in the same episode on Friday.  I thought it was absolutely wonderful.  Hopefully neither of them will be back although I'm surprised Chelsea didn't go to the police.  Perhaps she's not ready to face Neil yet.

Have you read the definition of a sociopath - yes Colby's acted like a cold blooded killer and didn't feel any remorse about it, but we are talking about Ross but the rest of the profile doesn't fit the Colby we know, shallow emotions - no, incapacity for love - no, superficial charm - no and he was hardly a serial killer who killed everyone who upset him. Actually thinking about it Ross is the more likely candidate to be a sociopath or even psychopath, wouldn't surprise me he wanted Colby to kill him so he got the ultimate revenge, knowing Colby would be living with the guilt, not for what he did to him but what it would do to Colby's relationship with Bella and Chelsea.   Anyway, I do have to say I don't feel sorry for him or Chelsea, as she's  chosen to cop out (no pun intended) by not  saying anything to the cops, only Bella who naturally sees Chelsea as the bad guy, she promised to be part of Bella's new life and family but in her eyes and mind  has been abandoned by her sister-in-law. I didn't like the way Colby turned on Robbo who was trying to sympathise by bringing up his history which he had no control over it as he had no memory of most of it. Robbo is suspicious of Colby's version of why Chelsea left, ex cop's instinct, though it did fail him later.

Did I hear someone say the wedding was a couple of weeks ago, it would I guess take in the time Willow has been in hospital, but I didn't think it was that long ago?:unsure:

Tori thoroughly deserved all the flak she got, but it was a turnaround for Justin & Leah after the celebrations the other week.  She keeps trying to make out she's the innocent party and 'I didn't make her, Jasmine, do anything'. OK Jasmine wasn't the total innocent by accessing Tori's records but she'd already guessed anyway and as D.B and myself have already said, it wasn't the first time and won't be the last, even Robbo was asking Jasmine to do it the other week and she said no.   Tori sussed Jasmine had accessed her records which then prompted Tori, asking, begging Jasmine to keep quiet so she was dragged into it and put in an impossible position.  Robbo knows something is disturbing Jasmine and when she spoke about people do the wrong thing sometimes for what they believe is the right reason, obviously talking about her own situation, but he thought she meant Chelsea and Colby and said he loved how she always thought the best of people, double cringe. 

Justin after his haranguing Tori did say and I agree , it is so out of character for her, if that had been anyone else doing it she would have been on them like a ton of bricks. But then her professional life has been a lot better controlled than her private life.  Bit of  a posh frock for a lunch date which Jasmine wisely ducked out of, it was awkward enough with Robbo apologising for his change of mind and Tori squirming away, sorry lass you brought this on yourself so no good bleating on about she knows now what she did was wrong.   Be interesting to see Mason's reaction and Ziggy and Raffy's, Brody of course has other things on his mind.

As per my earlier comment Robbo was slow on the uptake there initially thinking Tori meant she had found  a new donor and had another fresh implant done so of course Tori had to explain er no it was the embryo we had left, complete change of the look on Robbo's face from being chuffed for her to disbelief and anger. Judging by the trailer he does a bit of gym smashing up after  having cleared it of customers so no-one hurt, then discovers Jasmine knew. We didn't see how he finds out but I imagine he tells her and can tell by the look on her face she knew.

Archived