2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

That actually wasn't as bad as I feared.

The Bella / Raffy scenes were good and the concept of her assignment is really clever (but I'm a little uncomfortable saying that, seeing as the idea came from 'Tommy').

Whilst on that subject, it's right to show the potential danger of people you meet online not being who they claim to be but there are many benefits from students doing what Bella is trying to do, I guess moreso in a country as vast as Australia.

Ziggy now has more of an insight into why Dean wasn't into her going to see Karen, so will hopefully feel less bad that he said no this time.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see both sides between Tori and Robbo. Tori had good intentions, in that Robbo couldn't have done anything except sit around and worry so maybe it was best for him and Jasmine to sort things out. But she does need to start respecting Robbo and trusting him rather than assuming she knows best every time. He could have come back from his trip to find she'd lost the baby, which would have been devastating to all concerned.Anyway, I'm glad that they quickly talked and got things sorted...only for them to promptly fall out over something else.The promo gave us Robbo's reasons so there's no point in guessing, but I'll wait until we get there before discussing it.

Elsewhere, I guess it's a positive that Bella and Raffy have got over their spat last week, even if it's only because Bella is keeping the fact she's still talking to Tommy secret.Tommy seems to have come up with an easy way to get more photos of Bella, yet curiously he does seem to be being a positive influence on her for all the creepy and inappropriate behaviour.I thought he was going to encourage her to take something revealing, but instead he rejected the glamourous photos and got her to dress down.(Of course, if he is into younger girls, Bella dressing more grown-up might not appeal to him.That said, she is obviously post-pubescent.)

Leah and Justin's stuff was just scene-setting but quite amusing all the same.

Ziggy's defending her boyfriend and as she doesn't know what Rick looks like she would have had no idea it was him sitting at the bar taking it all in, even she had noticed him.  It has played into his hands though a little bit of leverage for him there.  You can bet your bottom dollar this new house and other things will come with a NDA so I was shouting 'no don't get sucked in' at Dean.  He's, eventually, started to make a good life for himself and all  by his own efforts, no hand outs, well OK Rick's money helped, but he's not wasted it and hard work.  Rick was aware that Karen had problems but like many not what extent so maybe we can excuse his behaviour back then. I may be giving him more slack then he deserves but he did at least give them a roof over their head.  After her previous actions not surprising Dean was unwilling to 'trust' Mac when she tried to warn him about Rick's motives in wanting to get to know him.  Dean did need to see Karen alone, definitely no slight on Ziggy, but it's something between them for now. Although we didn't hear most of it, it must have been an in depth talk between Ziggy and Willow.  Aside from Colby Willow is the only one who knows what Dean went through with Karen, good times and bad times and Willow's advice Dean will open up to Ziggy when he feels more secure in his relationship with her. Finally sorted, I think, that it appears Rick left Mac and her mum when she was two/three because as he pointed out she is 25 and he had been with his 'new' family for nearly 20 years.  I wondered why she kept referring to them as his new family.  This would make Kayla 18/19 (?), we don't know yet if Sean is older or younger. His first marriage to (?) then limped on for another couple of years after his secret fling.  I suppose those of us who have never had a rich dad (or mum) could understand that even if they are absent the fact they are paying for everything means they care in their own way. Mum does sound very bitter and stuck in the past which has made Mac the way she is if she had maybe taken the break up differently and got on with her life Mac wouldn't be so keen on revenge. :unsure:  I did feel so sorry for her when he made that remark and it really did cut to the quick.  As a most trivial aside I did like her jump suit. 

I did chuckle at Ziggy blaming Ben & Maggie for being normal parents as the reason why she wasn't able to understand Dean and the problems he had as a kid. But that's just what he needs a bit of normal. Ben seemed a lot more relaxed and wasn't as even Maggie thought be ringing the factory every five minutes.

Another one I was shouting NO! at was Bella.  I wondered how he hacked her webcam, very au fax  with technology.  She does seem to spend an awful lot of time alone, even allowing for the fact both Irene and Jasmine weren't about, Willow hardly appeared to be at home. This of course gave Bella ample time to be on her laptop chatting to Tommy and he to her.  He was very clever at getting her address out of her, I did think she could have played it clever and got it delivered to Colby's but she didn't.  That camera and accessories were most definitely not  delivered by any courier company, Tommy, still doubting that is his real name made a sneaky visit, does the fact they were there so quick suggest he's local? Bella kept his involvement and the fact they are still 'talking' secret from Raffy even though they have made up, she doesn't want to risk losing her friendship again I guess.  Creepy as he is he does seem to have given her the right suggestion as to her next assignment, playing to her strength of being a whizz at photography, they were good, very good.  I agree Red he may be creepy but he was right that last photo did, not to put too fine a point on it, make her look like a teenage hooker.  The second one was much better, so moody yet sad, that was Bella. That's not so say he hasn't taken a copy of it.

Jasmine and Robbo walked back into a firestorm but at least Tori didn't fuff about,  just took a deep breath and told them.  Robbo, as we could have expected didn't take the news well so he stomps off, running into Justin on the way, to knock seven bells of hell out of the punch bag. Willow was wise enough not to poke her nose into too deep but called Jasmine instead who was able to talk him down and round into going back to talk to Tori. Half expecting Adrian to make a beach appearance.  He argued she made the decision without consulting him and let him and Jas be miles away, but as I have said before the final decision would have been hers!  She does need to let him in more, but it is hard to know how he would take certain things, that is why as she told him Justin is her sounding board. 

I can see his reasoning but the same thing could  apply from Tori's side, could it not?

Roo was getting her knickers in a twist over nothing - Ryder has done his RSA so can now concentrate on his HSC  and Alf can carry on being referee between them.  As long as he is sensible and Mac is amiable about the shifts he can do at Salt until he's done his HSC everyone should be happy.

Leah, as we could have guessed, is in danger of going OTT with her expected meeting with Ava, planning to do too much in too short a time, rein it in girl.  How old is Ava now? 

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 19:24, baywatcher said:

Ray + Alf = Ralph ?

Yes of course sorry Ray. Good one that though baywatcher.

14 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I thought he was going to encourage her to take something revealing, but instead he rejected the glamourous photos and got her to dress down.

44 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

I agree Red he may be creepy but he was right that last photo did, not to put too fine a point on it, make her look like a teenage hooker.  The second one was much better, so moody yet sad, that was Bella. That's not so say he hasn't taken a copy of it.

I thought it quite telling that he specifically wanted to see her as vulnerable in her last photo. Obviously it did work better artistically, but I suspect he may well have got his own kick out of it too...

Im quite new to the site, so forgive me if these questions have been asked and discussed before. Who gave Bella the laptop. Who knows where she lives. 

The music that is played when Bella is typing is very creepy!  I could not believe the images 'Tommy' was receiving watching Bella and Raffy!

I cover my laptop camera with a piece of ducktape!

3 hours ago, baywatcher said:

I'm still trying to decide which is more wooden - Robbo or the crib he built ?

Hey, Wooden gets you to Hollywood.

Worked for Hemsworth and others, didn't it??

1 hour ago, Raffy is great said:

Im quite new to the site, so forgive me if these questions have been asked and discussed before. Who gave Bella the laptop. Who knows where she lives. 

The music that is played when Bella is typing is very creepy!  I could not believe the images 'Tommy' was receiving watching Bella and Raffy!

I cover my laptop camera with a piece of ducktape!

If only Sal had learned that in '99!

Okay, I am not fully grasping the logic of Robbo's sudden paranoia here.Fair enough, everyone calls him Robbo, but he's still using Ryan Shaw as his legal name: It's not like it says "Robbo" on his bank account and driving license.Despite what he claims here, he doesn't seem to have made any attempt to go into hiding since he got his memory back.He bought the gym as Ryan Shaw (we know that for a fact, because that was how John found out his real name) and got given a plaque with that name on it. And presumably he's on the paperwork for the IVF treatment as Ryan Shaw. I guess he could choose not to have his name on the birth certificate so no-one knows the child is his, but given that everyone in town knows the child is his..? But to be fair, Robbo can be paranoid at times. I wonder if his knowledge of that is why he chose not to move into the cottage, something that surprised both Tori and Jasmine. Last time Tori got pregnant, he pretty much set up guard outside the house in case anything happened, and he seemed very nervy about Justin and Mason not being there, so I'm wondering if maybe he thinks being close at hand would cause him to get overprotective again.

I'm glad that, despite the promo hinting at a showdown between Mason and Robbo, it didn't happen and they actually had a calm discussion.I'm glad Mason's got an offer, but presumably if he took the internship, that'd mean him leaving, so I kind of hope he doesn't.Maybe he'll get offered something nearer?

I was mildly amused by Alf, Marilyn and Leah comparing nightmare stepchildren stories.I think Ava would be about 12 by now? She's been recast and got a new sulky attitude with it. I can understand her wanting to see Mason and Raffy, and it probably doesn't help that I think Justin's had a new girlfriend every time she's visited.But there's no reason to be as abrupt with Leah as she is being.

1 hour ago, Raffy is great said:

I'm not sure if we're on the same page here but: Bella got the laptop from Colby and just about everyone in town knows where she lives?

Archived