2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Colby test that theory though even if Dean has only  just connected with his long lost half sister, she is a  fully grown adult and more than capable of looking after herself. Daddy Rick turns up this week so cue fireworks.  I may be being picky but Willow love I think it's more than a technicality that Colby is still married - he's still married to Chelsea legally too.  There will be a minimum period of time before they can divorce, their marriage was a lot shorter than Ziggy and Brody's!

John looked a bit crestfallen when Jett told him he didn't need him to be with him all the time, though it's only what Marilyn has been telling him for ages.  She was right too Jett will always need them just not in the way John thought.  He was a bit sneery hearing Ryder had other people interested in him working for them.  Roo may not be able to force Ryder on at school but he's come so far what's a couple more months and Raffy would encourage him, as opposed to bullying, to staying on. Ryder hasn't sorted out his hours with Mac but I'd like to think she'd be understanding about him not working late shifts.

I liked Ziggy was being more of the adult than either Maggie or Ben she certainly didn't hold back with her rant at Ben, though Marilyn contributed with her experience with John by saying she could have just given up but didn't.  I'm guessing Ben will visit the factory to check they are following his designs to the letter and he will be letting Dean in on the latest development.  He's not going to be bothered about there being less profit.  maybe next time Ben will  get more time to do the boards or there'll  be less of them.

Oh it seems Robbo discovers Tori's latest deception, hopefully it's because she tell him, at least this time Jasmine is completely innocent of any cover up.

Really enjoyed that episode.

Slick Rick steamrollered into town, gunning for Dean & Mac.  Dean was quite right to be mad at Mac for unwillingly dragging him into her feud.

Loved the Willow-Colby-Dean scenes.  Great comedy.

I'm still on team Ryder.  It's not as if he's completely abandoned his HSC.  He's doing the RSA as well as.

Alf is back after a short trip.  I thought how well he was looking, which is ironic given the recent news about RM.  Get well soon Ray.

Colby learns that taking off a wedding ring and then making a big speech about how you still love your wife does not get you the girl. The fact that he felt the need to hide this from Dean speaks volumes, and I think Willow was in her rights to dump him in it rather than running interference.I can understand Dean feeling upset at being caught in the crossfire but I'd still take Mackenzie over Rick and I think she feels she's kept her word: She's not expecting Dean to help her, just using his existence as ammunition.I can understand her bitterness but she's in danger of becoming obsessed and might be better off letting it go.Still, I feel she's also motivated by the fact Rick's hurt her mother, and it feels like he's stopped paying them an allowance in order to pretend they don't exist.

I can see both Roo and Ryder's point.We've seen plenty of evidence that Ryder isn't exactly a model student (considering Bella a legend for getting them out of school for the afternoon while Raffy was upset at missing a meeting, for instance), so Roo is being a bit naive expecting him to go on to uni. On the other hand, Ryder isn't being very practical, as we saw from the assignment debacle: Taking extra shifts instead of doing the work and then having to spend the days when he should have already handed it in doing the work he should have done before. So Roo may have a point about how him working all the hours after school isn't really compatible with him doing his HSC for all his digging his heels in. I think they kind of need to sit down and listen to each other and work out what it's actually practical for Ryder to do, rather than them both adopting dogmatic positions.

That was another episode I really enjoyed (undoubtedly because the terrible triumvirate didn't feature again - shame the preview suggests it will soon be business unusual).

It's hard to feel sorry for Mac when she just comes over as Daddy's little rich girl, who is used to getting everything she wants.  She was lucky that, despite her blackmail attempt, Slick Rick only told her to pay the parking fines and didn't immediately take the car off her.

It's unclear whether Rick wants to get to know Dean better and help Karen just to defuse Mac's attempts to sabotage his political career but he would probably find that Dean was someone worth getting to know if he did.

I'm glad Ryder and Roo came to an understanding, with Alf's help.  I said in an earlier post that I think it's really important to show that not everyone is suited to further education and there are other options available (and Ryder is going to finish his HSC anyway, not just leave school early). 

Bella knew she was doing the wrong thing when she gave 'Tommy' her address and we now see that something more creepy is going on that just chatting. 

Isn't that oil slick Rick arrived on illegal?  Did he think he was coming across as cool, strutting in, jacket slung across shoulder?:puke:  Of course the first person he comes across is Dean who he naturally thought was part of Mac's blackmail attempt.  Dean's indignation convinced him he was wrong so Mac fully deserved both barrels from Dean & Rick.  She had no right in using Dean and Karen as ammo when Dean had  specifically told her to keep them out of it.  Seems we got it wrong the 'investment' in Salt wasn't - from what I understood she 'stole' it.  Though while I'm at it if she is so anti Rick why hadn't she got the registered ownership of her fancy car transferred to her name?  If she had done that Rick wouldn't have found her so easily, he would have to employ a PI.

Ok so just a drink with  a 'friend' eh Colby but you couldn't quite manage to tell Dean, therefore backing up my theory you wasn't willing to put to the test Dean would be OK with you 'seeing' his (new found) sister. Those light hearted scenes between the three of them were just what we needed. Willow steering Dean away from gate crashing the 'date' and dragging him to the Diner!  As for the 'date',  Colby you may have ended your marriage symbolically but emotionally you haven't.  Mac was smart enough to realise that and anyway she has her own issues to sort before getting involved with anyone.

Ok Mac is not a total innocent when it comes to her dad but she was in regards telling Roo about Ryder studying for his RSA, she genuinely thought Roo knew what he was doing, just after Roo was getting these reports about how hard Ryder was swotting away from John & Marilyn. He insisted he could do both, according to Google sites you can train and get it the same day, yet he's enrolled at a  college for it, so I suppose Roo's worry is could he manage. Did Indy have a RSA when she worked at Angelo's?   Apparently he can work at Salt  but he has 30 days to get his certificate.  In the middle of Roo and Ryder's blow up, Roo ironically reminding him she's his guardian,  in walks Alf - nice homecoming!  It needs a third party to get them so see sense and find a middle ground. 

Just read about Ralph and his unexpected triple heart bypass surgery so yes good luck Ralph and get well soon.

I am getting pretty sick of Ziggy storming in and yelling at someone when she doesn't really understand the situation: She did it with Justin last year, and here she played completely into Rick's hands. I really hope Dean has the sense not to let himself get played by Rick, who's clearly resorting to tried and tested methods: I didn't see any desire to get to know Dean in his smug comment that last time he bought the Thompsons a house it got rid of them for over twenty years.Ziggy does have a point that, whatever Rick's motives, getting a house for Karen is a good thing, but I'm not sure Mackenzie deserves to get thrown under the bus by having Dean look out for number one even if it means painting Rick as a supportive father.Mackenzie's got issues and I did agree with some of what Rick said: She can't go through life expecting him to constantly pay for everything. But I suspect it goes deeper than that, I suspect a part of her is still that girl from 17 years ago according to her and "nearly 20" according to Rick (not mutually exclusive but that's a rather generous round-up) wondering why she's not good enough for her dad, not helped by the fact that her mother, who really should have got over it, is acting the same way.Rick seems to handle both his "unfavourite" children the same way, throwing money at them so they'll leave him alone, and I wonder if Mackenzie felt that while she was getting money, she was at least getting some attention from him, even if it wasn't love, and now she's not even getting that. His remark about her being impossible to love seemed to cut deep, I wonder if he knew it would.

It is good that Alf listened to Ryder and had a yarn to Roo, as he'd put it.In many ways, Ryder takes after him, since he's not exactly an academic type either.Roo perhaps leans more that way, but circumstances meant she didn't get the start in life she'd have liked.(The same may be true of Quinn, come to think of it, although I'm not sure that's consistent with her original portrayal.)

Oh, Bella. She's being very naive here.Tommy seems to have come up with an ideal way to get himself lots of pictures of her, although given that he seems to be spying on her anyway, I'm not sure that's necessary.Did he hack her webcam when she used it to spend him a photo? (I'm guessing he still hasn't reciprocated.) Giving out her address was definitely crossing a line, and the nervous way she was looking out the window suggested she knew the risk if he turned up there.And, although she seemed delighted by her gift, the fact that it seemed to be hand-delivered suggests he'd done exactly that.

Archived