2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Also, forgot to mention yesterday, the call for Ben at the end obviously has to do something to with Dean's multiple calls, I'm betting. I'm interested to see who Dean was talking to and what he's planning. 

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the garage is up and running again!  They must have heard us wondering.  Justin could do with another hand, but as the place never seems to be that busy he'd be paying them - if he could afford to - for not doing much.  Quite grown up behaviour from Ziggy asking how Brody was then later proving she was more of an adult than Ben was by persuading him to go to the meal. After all if she could forgive Justin for what he did and even work with him again, surely her dad could put things behind him. Leah was more honest with Justin about the set up than Maggie was with Ben and if Leah hadn't turned up at the garage and put it to Justin and Ziggy hadn't overheard Maggie's little plot wouldn't have fell apart. In fact Ziggy did them all a favour, imagine if Ben had innocently turned up at Salt for what he thought was a quiet meal with Maggie and Justin and Leah had walked in, cue Ben turning on his heel and stomping off, leaving the others looking all embarrassed, then Maggie having to explain her way out of it.  So good on you Ziggy. I did smile at them being hustled into Salt by Leah & Maggie, in did look like they had put the problem behind them - very blokey attitude to just having a beer and not talking about it any more. At least Maggie, Ziggy and Leah won't have to tiptoe around the pair of them anymore by being afraid to mention the others name.

Colby issuing MacKenzie (?) with a ticket for parking in a restricted zone, which he was quite right to do, reminded me of Chelsea doing the same to John when she first arrived.  I did like his non response to her remark about waiting until the local sergeant turned up. She obviously has money so thinks little rules like that don't apply to her, but apart from that she made a pretty good first impression.  She didn't appear to hold it against Colby when he was off duty later. Brody, I guess, clued her into who was who in town.  Had to smile when she told Alf she didn't want to ruffle any feathers - sorry love you're the new boss in town - it's your duty to ruffle feathers. Salt is her first business then since finishing her business degree so that explains her keeping on the current staff, she doesn't have any of her own to bring in.  Bright idea of having a Happy Hour to introduce herself as new owner.  I don't think Justin was meaning to be patronising towards MacKenzie and the larder/storeroom door, he would have done the same if it had been a bloke, he just knew the trick to opening it. Had a thought - it can go back to just being that a storeroom/larder!! She did summarily dismiss him from behind the bar as he wasn't staff, even after he explained who he was.:D Her eyebrows did go up a tad when introduced to Dean.  Any newcomer has to have a past, be it good, bad, normal.

You didn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to work out it was Dean behind Ben's sudden big order, Ben had just made him a respectable citizen, a ,big shock to his system, and Dean being the guy he is wants to make sure Ben can afford to pay him, though I don't imagine it's that large a wage.  Not surprising Ziggy was suspicious about Dean's secret phone calls but she seemed ready to believe him when  he said he'd never do what Brody did.

Well, we didn't really learn anything more about Mackenzie (or should we call her Mack?) other than the fact that she seems to be avoiding her dad.I hope she heeds Colby's warning about not parking where the emergency vehicles are supposed to have access instead of thinking it doesn't apply to her.Has it been mentioned where she's living, by the way? (I'm sure Alf can find her a caravan if need be...) To be honest, what most irritated me was Ziggy again showing her immature side in trying to hide Dean's keys so he'd stay behind and sex her. There are times when it seems like she hasn't grown up much since those dark early days... I can understand Ben's panic at the order: Twenty-five boards a week, that's four or five a day, pretty hard work for a two-man operation and I'm not sure Dean's much use on the manufacturing side.

There does seem to be a lightness between Robbo, Jasmine and Tori with the whole future-co-parenting thing...although it's basically set-up for that cliffhanger.Hopefully it won't be too bad news...

10 hours ago, baywatcher said:

I didn't know that about Dean.

Have you not been watching long?

I think it's great that Mason is still willing to do whatever it takes to help Raffy.  If he does go through with it I hope he doesn't get caught.

Very sweet scene where Tori told Robbo the sex of their baby.

For a second there I thought that Robbo was having an imaginary conversation with his counsellor!

18 hours ago, baywatcher said:

No, only been watching regularly this time around for about three months.

Ah, welcome back! When did you watch before? And feel free to check out the site's character profiles for details up to the end of last year...

Mason's an idiot. A well-meaning idiot, but still an idiot. Does he really think this is helping Raffy? They're on the right track, he's potentially putting her place on the trial in danger and potentially putting her through the stress of losing another brother if he gets caught.I think Justin made the wrong call in taking Leah to the hospital and leaving Mason and Raffy behind: If Raffy had been in the thick of it, rather than on the outside imagining worst case scenarios, she may not have got so stressed.Also, why did Justin say he hadn't heard from Tori when she left him a message last episode?

So, not the worst news for Tori and Robbo but not the best either.Robbo did the sensible thing going to Aiden for help when he was having difficulties and was able to go back and deal with things in a level-headed manner.I'd somehow found myself expecting them to have a boy, so it was a surprise that it was a girl, but I guess one or the other is fine!

They bring Alyson Standen back as an obstetrician, and instead of making it her old character Samantha Benson (last seen in 2016 I think?), they have Tori call her Doctor Andrews?! Does no-one keep track of this stuff?!?!

4 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Ah, welcome back! When did you watch before? And feel free to check out the site's character profiles for details up to the end of last year...

Thanks.  I watched briefly at the time Willow was introduced and although I really liked her character and her sparring with Justin, the show was just too crime heavy, so I stopped.

Before that it was 2009 but my interest then tailed off after Jack was killed.

Things seem much more 'back to basics' now and I'm really enjoying it (famous last words ?).

Diggy - :puke:

Dean didn't really think his 'good' idea through did he? Naturally it'll give Ben's business a real boost but what he didn't take into account is the work that Ben will have to do on them, buying materials, getting other people in to help him, finding somewhere to store them etc.

Ziggy should have known better by trying to distract Dean from going to work - he wants to make a good impression on Ben - and no the fact your dad is his boss won't cut it.  She used that ploy with Brody when she felt frisky about how she knew the boss.:wink: That was one of the differences between them Brody meant I think.  She wasn't snooping by opening the bench seat to hid his keys, but she was when she poked into Dean's bag, that is his private property - she'd freak out if he did that to her.  Btw was that a slip script wise on Sophie Dillman's part when she told Willow she'd found something under Dean's mattress? :unsure:   At least she took Willow's advice - does she know where the money come from - can't remember if Dean told her - and asked Dean about it, rather than keep stewing, though not sure her waving the money about in public was a wise move. Of course we knew where it came from and she can always check with Colby, he was there when Dean found out who his dad was.   He hasn't spent that much as he said he paid the PI to find Bella, gave some to Colby & Chelsea for their wedding and that's about it.

Mac(k) hasn't learnt has she about parking her car where she shouldn't. I know it's only a small thing but so irritating that some people think the law doesn't apply to them and especially being new would make you more careful with the local bylaws. Certainly a spark between Mac and Colby, but Willow was pushing it a bit too far.  Bet she's staying at the Sands - is it still called that?

Mason wasn't just an idiot, well meaning or not,  he was a complete t**t!  Yes it's frustrating about the medical trial but how is him possibly  getting nicked and jailed for sure going to help her until she gets on it?  If anything I think it'd make her feel more guilty and bring on more seizures because of the stress.  His attitude towards Leah was totally uncalled for has and just alerted her to him about to do something stupid. There was a bit of the 'let's not tell Tori/Raffy  what's going on', but luckily 'they' saw sense in the end and told them anyway.  Raffy completely understood why Tori hadn't chased up on the trials, she had much more important things to think about. 

It was great they were all there for each other at the scan and the lighthearted teasing about Robbo not wanting to know the sex. Not the best news and I did warn Robbo about saying to Jasmine that nothing could go wrong!  Thankfully/hopefully there are things that can be done to hold off the premature birth for as long as possible.  Must be a worrying problem for women in real life and good H&A are tackling it and not just letting Tori have a 'normal' pregnancy.  Even though Jasmine was able to look at it through medical eyes, she would have been just as upset as Tori as she's a friend and it's different when it's happening to someone you know and care for because she - as well as Tori - know the worse case scenario. Tense time though for Justin and Robbo who would be completely at a loss as to what it means and what could happen.  Big relief that Robbo sought out Aiden, not too long ago doing something like that would have been the last thing on his mind and he would have gone all silent or disappeared or both.   Once again Aiden  managed to avoid not to be seen by any the locals that knew him as Robert Robertson.  As an aside I know everyone does it not just in soaps/dramas but in real life but the "I don't care what sex it as  long as he/she is health" phrase.  It's been said for ever and I didn't think much of it before and it's not because of anything that has happened to me or anyone I've known - but what do 'they' mean by healthy'?  That they are perfect and aren't born with any disabilities, physical  birth defects or just nothing life threatening?  Sorry didn't mean to go all deep and meaningful there.

I wonder if the fact Penny McNamee being  pregnant for real is making the scenes more emotional than they would if she wasn't.

Marilyn does have her usages - as in being able to step in ad look after Raffy at hers with all that is going on at the Morgan's.  She'd be fretting about Tori and Tori would be fretting about her.  They did get to talk about the trial with Tori reassuring her she'd keep on the top about chasing the trail. Methinks Marilyn was putting on too much of a brave face when talking about John being in the city with Jett.

Red re Samantha/Doctor Andrews I refer you to Robert/Aiden - though no-one of importance has seen him yet.  Alyson Standen was also Constable Terri Garner - gets about doesn't she?  

Archived