2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I reckon that no-one has seriously thought about wheelchair access to Salt before, the problem hasn't come up before, someone wouldn't even need to be in a wheelchair, just have difficulty with stairs. Maybe because of Jett's neck brace he couldn't be lifted out of the chair? I did like Jett's comment to John "Don't sorry, I'm one step ahead of you, or should that be wheel?":lol:  and his warning to Justin & Mason not to get drunk as they'd have to carry him down again. Good sign that he's really getting more accepting of his situation. I think it was right for his leaving to be  low key, but it was nice and intimate with just the people who have known him the best.  That visit to Gina's bench was very moving, John (or was it Maz) was right Gina would have been incredibly proud of him and far he's come. Gina laid the groundwork and Marilyn carried it on. Hear, hear I  hope we see him again, Will McDonald has played him so well, he'd certainly must have done his research.

I liked Maggie's new hairstyle, better than that slicked back one which couldn't seem to make up it's mind.  I was pleased Maggie gave Coco a talk about her attitude, as in bawling out Simone again in public like that.  Never mind Raffy was OK with it, she's already had her rant at him, but not the time or place. IMHO quite a childish remark "I'm not eating that tramp's cake.":rolleyes:  I suppose Maggie was there more for Coco and Raffy because I can't see anything else getting her back in Salt voluntarily, did her and Ben toss a coin and she lost?:wink: She was so cool in shutting down Brody with his enquiring about Dean & Ziggy, yeah OK he may still care about her, but it isn't anything to do with him anymore. Confused by the talk between Maggie and Coco the next morning is Coco back for good now or is she returning to school?

Looked like Simone and Brody were taking it in turns to encourage the other to face the music, but it seemed Simone had reached breaking point, though she has been there before, was her leaving meant to have gone unnoticed only for Roo to blow it, or a cunning plan to nudge Brody into making  a decision?:unsure: 

What may be a simple choice for most people isn't for Brody, first time in his life he gets to choose to leave somewhere, before the matter has been decided for him. Great big brother talk from Justin, wherever he (Brody)  is he's still family.  Is he going to stick around for Mason's trial though, can't really see him leaving before that is done and dusted?  I liked how Mason is sticking to his principals - good for him.

Re Colby & Bella not being able to make it back in time - Colby flew up and did mention to Bella he could rearrange the flight back, that certainly would have cut travelling time down. Driving back would be a longer trek.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Re Colby & Bella not being able to make it back in time - Colby flew up and did mention to Bella he could rearrange the flight back, that certainly would have cut travelling time down. Driving back would be a longer trek.

Thought Colby would have driven back to prolong the punishment while torturing her with some 90s cheese on car stereo I reckon by about the 3rd circuit of "I like to Move it, Move it" anyone'd be tapping out!?

Mason to Tori : "Thank you Tori.  Thank you for your support".  Yes Tori, thanks a lot.

Brody to Dean: "So you're back."  Dean to Brody: "So you're still here".  Class ?

Maggie to Ziggy: "Are you working?".  Silly question.

Mason was quite right to chastise his siblings for supporting Brody through all his problems but not him.  However, if Tori wrote a letter to support Mason, would it even be admissible, seeing as they are related and could she be classed as an expert in that field anyway?  

I'm not a massive fan of Diggy but at least they didn't drag out them getting back onto the same page very long. 

The 'Welcome to Summer Bay' sign looked like something from the 60s.

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

I don’t know if this is where we’re headed, but I’m starting to think we’ll see a house swap soon with Jasmine & Willow moving in with Robbo and Colby & Bella moving in with Irene.

You're probably right about Bella and Jasmine, but considering her previous statement about how she's tired about her life evolving around Colby and Dean, I think Willow would try and step away from it. 

I'm glad they're making the most of Coco during this short visit: She got some decent stuff with Raffy and Ryder, she got to yell at Brody, and now she gets some good sisterly scenes with Ziggy.It felt like she clocked what was going on very early on (not that Ben and Maggie weren't far behind): She had a "I go away for a few months and my sister starts dating a River Boy" expression almost straightaway.I really can't get on board with this Ziggy/Dean thing. Maybe it could have worked as a fling or a bit of fun but it's being treated as some big great love story, which is ridiculous. Did we really sit through a year and a half of Brody and Ziggy's relationship just for them to both declare their undying love to other people at the drop of a hat? I can't shake the feeling that we're being treated to Brody being unreasonably possessive about someone he cheated on in an attempt to make us (and possibly Ben and Maggie) defend Dean and Ziggy's relationship in response.

I can understand Mason being bitter.Brody and Tori do selfish things and get support and hugs and congratulations.He does the wrong thing with good intentions and gets treated as the black sheep of the family, which is a bit of art imitating life at times.Tori still doesn't want to admit that she might have made the wrong call.I agree, though, that her being a far from impartial witness would probably get her evidence thrown out anyway.

Bella.  Words fail me.

Good to see Ziggy looking so happy.  Ben and Maggie took the news about Diggy surprisingly well.  Nice that Ben said Dean's word was good enough for him.

Poor Willow.  I really feel for her.  She seems quite accepting of Dean's new relationship though, which is good.

You could see both Dean & Ziggy  & Dean (Diggy - NO!!):puke:  coming down from their high as they neared Summer Bay - that sign does look dated, what was it 'sun, sea, sand, smiles' - don't forget 'scandal, sex, slayings'.:lol:  Trying to keep the s theme going there.   Actually it reminded me of those' Welcome to...' signs you see in horror movies!:o

Can't really blame Dean for scuttling off when he saw Ben & Maggie, perhaps he thought they would be able to tell what happened just by looking at him. Plus of course he may be embarrassed and be thinking Ziggy may regret what happened between them which was why he'd been avoiding her calls.  Ben & Maggie knew something was amiss but weren't sure till later.  Of course Dean wasn't acting in anyway suspicious when Ben caught up with him later, "Why, what did she (Ziggy) say?", blustering away.  Ziggy was just as bad.  Coco was really on the ball, couldn't wait until Ben & Maggie had gone to bed before giving Ziggy the third degree.  "once, more than once!"  She did ask if it was just a holiday fling or may turn into something else and if she was sure about carrying it on.  Ben & Maggie, once they had worked it out for themselves, seemed pretty cool about Ziggy maybe getting involved with GOSH a River Boy.:o  Ziggy being Ziggy took matters into her own hands and marched over to Dean's and snogged the face off him, before dragging him, kicking and screaming,:wink::blush: into his van. And who should just be coming out of the van opposite but Brody and Simone!  He did appear to have taken various people's comments - Dean's being the last - that what Ziggy did or didn't do was nothing to do with him anymore.

As Dean said to Brody, can't remember his exact  words, he essentially said in response to Brody's you can't blame me for asking was "I think I can".:D

When decisions are made regarding selling  businesses things soon move fast!  Brody's news could have been better timed, though he wasn't to know about Mas' trial being so soon, guess he'll hang around for that.   Looked up  the history of who had owned Salt before when Brody and Simone were looking at places to buy, whether to set up a new place from scratch or an established business like Salt - or Angelo's - as it was then.  Amazing it's been there 10 years and has been recently commented on only now has the question of wheelchair access been raised.   Was it another one of those unused spaces that suddenly pop up out of nowhere?  Angelo's did replace Noah's bar which was downstairs, if my memory serves me well.

Have to agree with Mason - "yeh, thanks for the support Tori".  Is it really professional pride stopping her admitting Mason could be right, as far as I know she still hasn't looked at the evidence Mason put together along with his notes and his detailed documentation while treating Raffy.   I'm with you both baywatcher & Red I don't think you need to be an expert, just a doctor, but the fact she is his sister may go against him.  But saying that the fact she initially disagreed with what he did may swing it the other way, but what do I know.  Depends on the judge. Justin saying they needed to talk to Mason's solicitor made me think "Oh Morag, where are you when you're desperately needed?"  :(  She would have got things sorted no problem.

No, there was mention of building work to create Angelo’s upstairs. There must be a lift somewhere, but clearly not on the set we see, presumably the front entrance externally must just lead to access Salt on the internal set.

I'm glad Coco got some screen time with Bella after she was in exile last week, ticking the last box for this visit.Unfortunately, her main contribution was to badly misrepresent what Ziggy had said and set Bella off again.Ziggy pretty much said the opposite of what Coco claimed, that she thought it would be something more but Dean obviously didn't want it, so I've no idea why Coco told Bella that Dean might want a relationship but Ziggy just wanted a fling to get over Brody.Of course, that would be far more sensible than her "I don't want to give it a label but I've never met anyone like him" stance.(Except her pre-Brody boyfriend, who was disturbingly similar to Dean, huh?) I'm not keen on the way Ben's retroactively being portrayed as right about Brody, given that at best he was right for the wrong reasons: Brody did end up hurting Ziggy, but not for anything to do with Ben's old fears.I'll say this: Aside from Coco, no-one really seems to be going "Dean and Ziggy are together, that's great!" They're sensibly concerned but know it's her choice.Frankly, I would prefer it if this turns out that Ziggy has moved on too quickly and isn't ready for a "thing" than they get presented as some sort of golden couple.Meanwhile, Ben's still being childish towards Justin, despite him doing his best to keep Brody in line.

You know what? I really can't bring myself to mind that Bella hit Colby like that and find myself hoping that it doesn't get turned into a big deal. He deserves a lot more than that but no doubt we'll be treated to his latest bout of hypocrisy and acting the victim.He was even the one who turned things physical here by grabbing Bella, so even though it was excessive, there's a case for self-defence.She probably wishes sometimes that he never found (and kidnapped) her: A year ago, she had a happy and stable, if restrictive, home life, something Colby has failed to provide.And I don't think Irene's helping by constantly passing judgement on her without having the facts.Bella was clearly horrified at what she'd done, so she's got more of a conscience than Colby has.

6 hours ago, c120701 said:

There must be a lift somewhere

Then why didn't Jett use it? (Or do you mean the real-life building must have one, even though the in-show one clearly doesn't?) We've certainly never seen anyone enter Salt by any route other than up the stairs and there doesn't seem to be anywhere for a lift to be.

Archived