2019 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually the first week this season when all the regular cast have appeared: Irene and Roo were gone at the beginning of the year, then Alf, Robbo and Coco all had absences, and this is the first time they've all been around at the same time!

Which brings us onto Coco's explosion at Brody.As with Ziggy and Dean's hook-up, there's an element of "Where did that come from?" despite the background.I have very mixed feelings about it.It has of course been building for months: Coco was filled in on Brody's affair straightaway and no doubt been kept updated on things, so she's been waiting a long time to have it out with him.I do think though that she probably should have kept it buttoned for a bit longer rather than having a meltdown at Raffy's party.Still, Brody really didn't help by insisting on brazening it out and approaching her, when Simone had the sense to suggest making a discreet exit.Again, he doesn't quite seem to recognise that not everyone is willing to just accept his swapping Ziggy for Simone.Even though things have been quiet for a while, I think it was noticeable that Raffy didn't include Simone in her round of hugs, when she'd probably have included Ziggy if she'd been there.

Carrying on, I did find Tori's bursts of hormonal tears rather amusing. Ryder continues to be incapable of dressing smart without looking like he should be in a circus ring.I actually thought his poem, while not even approaching a masterpiece, was constructed okay and quite heartfelt, so I thought Raffy's reaction was a bit ungrateful, even if she was apparently meant to be underwhelmed. I was worried that we were going to go back to Marilyn being the only one that can sort out Raffy, but even though she got all the credit, it did seem to be a joint effort with Tori, so I'll take that. Justin continues to be a rock, giving Brody good advice about Dean and Ziggy. I can understand Mason and Raffy's frustration about not going straight on the oil, but if they're going to do this properly, then they do need to jump through hoops.Mason sending in the article, well, again I have to give him the courage of his convictions.

(Incidentally, John, Marilyn and Roo all knew Robertson.)

13 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

This is actually the first week this season when all the regular cast have appeared: Irene and Roo were gone at the beginning of the year, then Alf, Robbo and Coco all had absences, and this is the first time they've all been around at the same time!

Which brings us onto Coco's explosion at Brody.As with Ziggy and Dean's hook-up, there's an element of "Where did that come from?" despite the background.I have very mixed feelings about it.It has of course been building for months: Coco was filled in on Brody's affair straightaway and no doubt been kept updated on things, so she's been waiting a long time to have it out with him.I do think though that she probably should have kept it buttoned for a bit longer rather than having a meltdown at Raffy's party.Still, Brody really didn't help by insisting on brazening it out and approaching her, when Simone had the sense to suggest making a discreet exit.Again, he doesn't quite seem to recognise that not everyone is willing to just accept his swapping Ziggy for Simone.Even though things have been quiet for a while, I think it was noticeable that Raffy didn't include Simone in her round of hugs, when she'd probably have included Ziggy if she'd been there.

Carrying on, I did find Tori's bursts of hormonal tears rather amusing. Ryder continues to be incapable of dressing smart without looking like he should be in a circus ring.I actually thought his poem, while not even approaching a masterpiece, was constructed okay and quite heartfelt, so I thought Raffy's reaction was a bit ungrateful, even if she was apparently meant to be underwhelmed. I was worried that we were going to go back to Marilyn being the only one that can sort out Raffy, but even though she got all the credit, it did seem to be a joint effort with Tori, so I'll take that. Justin continues to be a rock, giving Brody good advice about Dean and Ziggy. I can understand Mason and Raffy's frustration about not going straight on the oil, but if they're going to do this properly, then they do need to jump through hoops.Mason sending in the article, well, again I have to give him the courage of his convictions.

(Incidentally, John, Marilyn and Roo all knew Robertson.)

Root-doot-doodle-doodle-oot-doot-doodle ?

Hey, if SBH has Y12 whack on The Greatest Showman,  We know who to cast as PT Barnum!  ?

I was kind of expecting Coco's reaction straight off, damn you previews (Only saw yesterday's today as I was doing a bit of furniture moving that killed my day).

You know what, these last two episodes have been really good, despite a few things. 

Despite me going on and off her, I really loved the support Tori showed to Robbo, and her regular bursting into tears was rather funny. In fact, looking at the two yesterday, I do get why people would want them as a couple; don't get me wrong, I prefer Jasmine and Robbo, but Tori and Robbo really work off well each other. In a way, I'm glad we get more scenes of their friendship, even if it was hampered by her deception. 

And Coco has returned as well. Was it just for Raffy's party, or will she be staying for longer? In any case, the moment she showed up, I instantly knew that there would be a confrontation between her and Brody. While she was totally in the right, as Maggie said this episode, there's a time and place for it, and it wasn't at Raffy's party. At least she did apologise to Raffy for it. And while Brody should have known better than try and butt in concerning Ziggy, I did understand his confession to Justin; It really has just been the four of them for a very long time, and even after the Syndicate was brought down, with Ebony and Zannis and Ash, the Morgan's lives in the Bay has been far from totally safe, so I do get why he's so uncomfortable about leaving them, as well as the usual feelings when moving from family. I really liked Justin recently, with supporting Brody and Simone (whose scenes together I just go... meh, because I know they'll be leaving soon), and encouraging Raffy as well. The party was really enjoyable and I loved that nearly everyone was there. Ryder proved himself again as a really good boyfriend here, and I loved the poem he did, and I laughed at John and Mason's disapproving looks at the party with him kissing Raffy. Speaking of, I have to admire Mason's passion for what he wrote for the paper, standing by his beliefs (and while I would have appreciated more family support, I get that, with the opportunity he could have gotten earlier in the episode, Tori and Justin wouldn't have been too impressed), but apparently he's gonna have to face the music soon. 

And it looks like the Jett storyline is coming to a close, but it was brilliant. I really enjoyed his witty side and banter with John, Mason and Justin today, and his send off was lovely. I swear, the gratefulness he showed to John and Marilyn, as well as the mention of Gina, VJ and Casey, really moved me. I will miss him, but I hope we will hear more from him, and I am certain that Jett will be able to be alright in this new life. I wish him all the luck. I hope this isn't the last we'll see of him, but if it is, Will MacDonald, thank you, it has been a pleasure watching you.

Oh Coco you selfish cow,:angry2: just as I was thinking how great it was Ryder went to all that effort to get you back as a wonderful Birthday surprise for Raffy!  I can get how she never got the chance to rant at Brody in person so had a lot of anger inside, but couldn't she have waited and got Brody alone instead of ruining Raffy's special day, it could even bring on a seizure which is the one thing Raffy was worried about. Simone did at least have the sensitivity to try and keep out of the way and offer to go home, but Brody insisted on dragging her in. I suppose he was thinking well the family have had the time to come around, a bit, so it'll be OK, wrong!!! 

Bless and love Ryder, though his outfit was a tad out there, but he's never been that conventional.  OK his poem wasn't up there with the best, but it must have taken him sometime to work out how to get the beginning of each line to spell AWESOME.  Top marks fella.  Panic stations when Raffy said she didn't want  a party and a lot of fuss because she was afraid it would bring on a seizure.  :lol:when Leah said to Justin "Justin, have you met Marilyn?"  It was rather a cunning plan, get her all dolled up which would then get her thinking she wished she had somewhere to go which if course is what Marilyn had planned on happening.  Justin admitted defeat and said he'd not take Marilyn for granted again.  Marilyn had no reason to apologise for having shut Raffy out in favour of Jett, Raffy understood completely, he is their son and would come first. Marilyn did a good job, Raffy looked lovely and that dress - no wonder Ryder was lost for words - not an easy thing to accomplish.

As I thought and was concerned about no mention of Hope, not even to say she'd sent a card from somewhere foreign.

There was absolutely no reason he would know about Ziggy going off on that rally with Dean Thompson and what is it to do with him anymore anyway, he said just because they weren't together didn't mean he wasn't allowed to worry about her.  OK fair enough, but  he was coming across territorial.  Simone, who overheard the last bit, seemed to have taken it in her stride. Is she a bit too good to be true, still telling Brody he doesn't have to make  a decision about leaving yet?:unsure:

Has Mason dome something he may regret by sending whatever he sent, to the press btw how do TPTB expect us to read small text on a TV screen without having to jump up and read it up close, they do it all the time especially with messages/texts sent on mobiles.   Only other option is if you've recorded it or watching it on online and freezing it.  Whatever it was Tori isn't happy with it.  I would have thought Mason would have understood the process of Raffy being considered for the trial and there being a wait.

Although he didn't need to have done it I liked that Robbo told Tori in person about him and Jasmine being engaged (again).  Her getting all weepy was consistent with her being pregnant, bump is more visible now.  Was there a reason he &  Jas weren't at Raffy's party, they are friends?  

Thanks for the update on who  still is about who knew Robertson.

Alf's episode count this week:Three.

YES! I absolutely loved that they addressed the lack of wheelchair access to Salt.(They even had Mason having to carry the person upstairs, like in my story, although I had him just take the person up and send someone else back for the chair.)What would make it even better would be if they now lobbied to have a lift put in: I guess it's not going to be Brody's problem for much longer, but it's as much the surf club's responsibiliy as the restaurant's so I'd like to see John taking this one up.So farewell to Jett again and I admit I teared up during that final scene at Gina's bench and him thanking everyone for all they'd done for him, acknowledging that he still had a better life than if he'd never come to Summer Bay.It's a bit weird that the show went to all that trouble to give him and Raffy scenes together when he first came back only for them to not be seen together again until now, as if someone changed their mind.

Brody continued to read his audience wrong: Why, after what had just happened, did he think trying to get Simone a round of applause was a good idea? I agree with Maggie that it wasn't the time for Coco to defend Ziggy's honour, but she's not going to have many opportunities, and Raffy didn't really mind that much since Coco was kind of saying what she can't.Maggie calmly but blunty shutting down Brody's attempts to interrogate her about Ziggy were great.Justin continued to give him some careful nudges.How many times now has Simone decided to leave town and then been stopped by a big declaration from Brody?(I make it at least three.) Meanwhile, Mason continues to have the courage of his convictions, much to his family's frustration, but reality might be setting in with the court date.

Slight timeline problem: The party was only 24 hours on from the party in the outback, where Colby and Bella were staying another night.There is enough time for them to have got home and Bella to be grounded (it only seemed to take about two hours for Colby to travel in the opposite direction!) but it must be pretty tight.

10 hours ago, Helena said:

I barely recognised Maggie I think that the actress who plays her has changed her hair

Yes, I'm glad Maggie has dropped the 'wet' look.  I guess they styled her hair like that to make it look shorter from having had to grow back after the chemo.

I enjoyed the episode, apart from Coco's second outburst.

As @Red Ranger 1 said, great that they highlighted the issue of wheelchair access.

Justin is cementing his place as my favourite character.  I liked his chats with Simone & Brody.  I do think he could be a bit more understanding with Mason's situation though.

Speaking of Mason, I'm still firmly in his camp and would have written that newspaper story as well.

Nice send off for Jett.  I've really enjoyed his story and it has been superbly acted by Will.  I really hope we see him again. 

Archived