Current Characterization

Luke39

I have noticed something past few years. Alot of 25 year old characters, young adults. Seems a big shift since 2013. With more Teenagers, and a Foster Based storylines. I am not make a critisism. It is just interesting. I don't know I miss the past teenage characters from the 2013 era. We have Raffy, Ryder, and Coco. But very limited. Alot of the characters dominating storylines right now are Brodie, Ziggy, Justin, Tori, Robbo, Jasmine, Willow, Colby etc. 

47 minutes ago, Luke39 said:

I have noticed something past few years. Alot of 25 year old characters, young adults. Seems a big shift since 2013. With more Teenagers, and a Foster Based storylines. I am not make a critisism. It is just interesting. I don't know I miss the past teenage characters from the 2013 era. We have Raffy, Ryder, and Coco. But very limited. Alot of the characters dominating storylines right now are Brodie, Ziggy, Justin, Tori, Robbo, Jasmine, Willow, Colby etc. 

When you say the past teenage characters from 2013, do you mean Maddy, Oscar, Evie, Matt, etc? Because I miss that group as well. But I do agree, the young adults seem to have most of the main storylines. 

• 2 months later...

I agree. I think the lack of teenagers has really limited the school storylines in that sense. I feel like when there was more teens on the show, there was more options for friendships and fall outs, and even just teen-related events, like that science camp storyline they did during the Ruby/Nicole etc era, or the Mangrove River students coming to Summer Bay.

I do hope they introduce a few more teens, even if its just guest characters. I'd love another male just because Ryder being the only male at the moment means he only has Raffy and spends all of his time with her.

Archived