Returned from the dead

D.B

The Martha storyline from last year had me thinking, if there were any deceased characters you would wanted to be brought back alive, who would it be? My two main options would be Hannah and Oscar, as in my opinion, they both deserved happier endings. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has H&A ever had any regulars die under ambiguous circumstances (a la Neighbours' Harold or Dee)? 

I can't think of any.. there are some who surely we never saw their dead body, such as being wheeled into surgery and then told they'd died, so you could argue such characters faked their own deaths.

The only dead regulars I actually cared about were Ailsa, Tom, Bobby and Flynn, and it'd be stretch for any of them to still be alive.

On 10/02/2019 at 10:19, Homeandawayfan. said:

Bobby Marshall. However it would be a huge stretch though as we saw her dead body floating in the river after the boat crash. It would be one hell of a retcon if they did and no doubt they would mess her up with today's standards of writing and story lining.

If Bobby had died offscreen it may work more, Harold Bishop style.

In my opinion, Nicolle should be recast as another character. Home and Away have done it before. I recall Alan being recast as another character, and he had a conversation with his Uncle Alf ?

50 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

In my opinion, Nicolle should be recast as another character. Home and Away have done it before. I recall Alan being recast as another character, and he had a conversation with his Uncle Alf ?

Yes, I even thought a twin sister, though they would have to explain that very well, and it may stretch credibility but with the current writers, nothing is impossible. They did it with Kat in EastEnders recently. Maybe Morag passed out during pregnancy and gave birth to 2 daughters, one was quietly adopted out, and Bobby was kept for the time being and later given to Al and Doris. This means Don Fisher would have another daughter out there he knows nothing about.

Michael or Ailsa.

- Michael could have been swept away, hit his head, developed amnesia and only just got his memory back and has since left where he had been living for the past 23 years and is searching for Pippa.

- Ailsa she could have faked her death like Martha (maybe a relative of her father was seeking revenge and wanted Ailsa dead).

Archived