New Start Date, New Time and Possible New Channel Move.

Mishyy

1 hour ago, j.laur5 said:

I don’t think it would as they can always have heart in the show with a dramatic side . 

Yes, but look at most of the shows on around 8:30, they have more drama. If the show went overboard with Drama and killings and stabbings and guns it would be disastrous, as it just wouldn't be H&A anymore. It wouldn't even be like the Braxton years, it would be much, much more dramatic. I think they should leave it on at 7 PM, that timeslot is a reasonable time for families but still allows a lot of Drama. 7 would be silly to put it on at 8:30, as they would want to put on all the M rated shows in that time, and H&A shouldn't go M.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, John said:

Lynne McGranger Retweeted Anthony Owen

Don’t believe everything you read people. I doubt much or even any of this is true. #justsayin

Interesting tweet from Lynne McGranger

Definitely interesting. I think she is probably right and 7 will likely change MKR to 7:30 once H&A comes back.

9 hours ago, David Deex said:

Definitely interesting. I think she is probably right and 7 will likely change MKR to 7:30 once H&A comes back.

I agree.. for 2019 anyway. I think this will be a "testing the waters" scenario and in 2020, it will permanently not be in the 7pm slot. 

On 17/01/2019 at 11:42, adam436 said:

I don't think H&A is at risk of being axed, as it's needed to make up Seven's drama quota and is popular overseas.

Moving it to a late night timeslot or onto 7Two are more likely in the long term, which might ultimately mean the show can change direction as it won't have to "conform" to be a ratings winner.

Neighbours is still plodding along after 8 years on 11/Peach, so I can't see its future in jeopardy, even if does move over to 7Two.

Seven could easily reach the drama quotas without Home & Away. They have other dramas and would do what the other commercial channels do and use New Zealand dramas to make up the quota.

Neighbours is nothing like Home & Away in this instance. Neighbours is only still on the air thanks to the Australian government giving it a handout and Five in the UK propping it up. If Neighbours didn't already have a deal with the UK in 2010 after Ten dumped it then Neighbours would have been axed. 

Home & Away doesn't rate as well for Five in the UK. I know it has a lifetime deal to air on Five, though I have no idea what the logistics are of that deal or if there is a get out clause if Home & Away's ratings aren't viable to continue. Either way I can't see Five backing Home & Away and pumping money into it on the level they do Neighbours.

30 minutes ago, Golden Sands said:

Home & Away doesn't rate as well for Five in the UK. I know it has a lifetime deal to air on Five, though I have no idea what the logistics are of that deal or if there is a get out clause if Home & Away's ratings aren't viable to continue. Either way I can't see Five backing Home & Away and pumping money into it on the level they do Neighbours.

While the percentage of costs vary, Five does pay a significant portion of costs. Both shows would be in dire situations without Five’s financial input.

Archived