What would you like to see in 2019?

joany208121

I know approximately half of the season already being developed or shot, but with the 2019 season due to start about a month's time, without giving spoilers, what would you like to see happen? 

- I'd like to see Leah given some purpose, she's now more pivotal to the show than Sally was as she has been an adult and had plenty of storylines over her 20 years on screen. Perhaps bringing her parents back, and have her take care of them with their old age, or possibly have one of her brothers and their move in with her for a sea change? I think it would be nice for her to also have a mention of what she did with the money she got from selling the land after her house got burnt down. 

- A re-introduction of a 1990s or 2000s past character. Duncan or Shauna would be perfect, or someone similar could be used to link the show's past and present, as I feel there is a big gap in the cast, with the longest serving characters before Tori is John then Leah. We have seen the standard 3 year contract turnover, and if the morgans leave, I feel HAA is just churning over characters. 

- Only a few big cliffhangers or heightened episodes. I think the show has lost the magic of having a dramatic cliffhanger as there seems to be a kidnapping or shooting every week.  The 2018 cliffhanger has received a real backlash on these forums for not drawing us back in for the new year. If they could replicate something with the same build up as the sink hole episode i think it would allow for higher viewership and impactful story development. 

- A strong golden couple. I think this needs to develop from the young teens or 20 somethings. Brody and Ziggy were a good contender before Simone came in. 

What would you like to see?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, joany208121 said:

I know approximately half of the season already being developed or shot, but with the 2019 season due to start about a month's time, without giving spoilers, what would you like to see happen? 

- I'd like to see Leah given some purpose, she's now more pivotal to the show than Sally was as she has been an adult and had plenty of storylines over her 20 years on screen. Perhaps bringing her parents back, and have her take care of them with their old age, or possibly have one of her brothers and their move in with her for a sea change? I think it would be nice for her to also have a mention of what she did with the money she got from selling the land after her house got burnt down. 

- A re-introduction of a 1990s or 2000s past character. Duncan or Shauna would be perfect, or someone similar could be used to link the show's past and present, as I feel there is a big gap in the cast, with the longest serving characters before Tori is John then Leah. We have seen the standard 3 year contract turnover, and if the morgans leave, I feel HAA is just churning over characters. 

- Only a few big cliffhangers or heightened episodes. I think the show has lost the magic of having a dramatic cliffhanger as there seems to be a kidnapping or shooting every week.  The 2018 cliffhanger has received a real backlash on these forums for not drawing us back in for the new year. If they could replicate something with the same build up as the sink hole episode i think it would allow for higher viewership and impactful story development. 

- A strong golden couple. I think this needs to develop from the young teens or 20 somethings. Brody and Ziggy were a good contender before Simone came in. 

What would you like to see?

I would like visits from past characters. 

I’d go on for ages but I’ll keep it short:

• Bring back one of Leah’s brothers and make a teenage son bring with him. He gets with Roo and the son joins Raffy, Ryder, Coco and a Bella. They and Leah move into a new house 
  • Bring back Liam Tanner as he has wasted opportunity being axed. Explore heaps of him.
  • I would love to see a power couple being developed such as Leah/Willow and Justin along with a younger couple.
  • More comedy and new storylines such someone open a nursery or someone becomes a nanny, something different (I can’t remember these being done)

Give Robbo more purpose concerning him being a undercop cop somethings to do with his family  because other than the stuff with Ebony he has been quite dull Silly Tori can help him out if she so wishes but soon comes to realise that the mystery behind Robbos family is also linked to why the Morgans went into witness predection and she or Brody I don't mind mysteriously vanishes haha Maybe Brody is really a hitman and not really a Morgan he was the one who shot his parents and reason that his character is so over the place he has all these different personalitys like that flim split 

Other stories Alf gets taken by aliens 

A kangaroo takes over from Masons boxing classes and teaches boxing for real 

I can but hope - an update on what Steven and Selina are up to now.

Mason to find someone long term.

Bella to settle happily into Summer Bay.

To learn more of Jasmine's backstory, family, where she grew up.  For someone who's been in the show for a year we don't know much about her family etc which is unusual.

On 08/01/2019 at 20:26, Homeandawayfan. said:

A new fostering family. And the parents (at least) are played by actors that have not been in the show before. Gets tedious to see the recycling of actors.

Nothing wrong by using the same actors if they are playing the same charachters...... I wish some of the old ones could come back, with some foster kids and family. Could have been great to see some of the past charachters have got a decent life and doing something good. 

Archived