Older Guys (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

1 hour ago, pembie said:

Brody caused a car crash Mason became paralyzed Beth pretended to be a  nurse at the hospital but she was really a patient in need of a heart transplant she helped Mason find his feet again haha They fell in love and Beth then died after Mason failed to convince a guy to allow his wife's heart that was a  match for Beth to be used  the story seemed to be very quick and abit pants

Thanks, 

Makes more sense now. Sounds like the Beth/Mason storyline could've been really good but in true Home and Away fashion, was rushed. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:37, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Hunter seems to be avoiding Raffy 

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 00:00, Kristen said:

Find it a bit odd that Hunter ignored Raffy

Yep, he's not ready to deal with that one!

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 01:51, Summer's Bay said:

What is the history between Mason and Beth and what happened to her? 

Pretty much explained above but again full story here: https://www.backtothebay.net/characters/mason-morgan/

9 hours ago, pembie said:

I'm suprised that Maggie got a donor I thought you wer going downthe other road in this story

No, I couldn't be that cruel to Maggie!

8 hours ago, pembie said:

the story seemed to be very quick and abit pants

7 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Sounds like the Beth/Mason storyline could've been really good but in true Home and Away fashion, was rushed. 

I wouldn't have said it was rushed or not good at all, it was one of the highlights of last year! When someone's dying of heart failure, they're not going to be on a long term contract!

On 06/11/2018 at 19:20, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yep, he's not ready to deal with that one!

Pretty much explained above but again full story here: https://www.backtothebay.net/characters/mason-morgan/

No, I couldn't be that cruel to Maggie!

I wouldn't have said it was rushed or not good at all, it was one of the highlights of last year! When someone's dying of heart failure, they're not going to be on a long term contract!

lol I understand but I don’t have much faith when it comes to Home and Away and character development, short or long term

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Anyway, thank you for the comments, here's the next one!

CHAPTER SIX

Coco was sat by Maggie’s bedside, Ben sat on the other side.A drip had been set up to provide the stem cell transfusion.“So, what have I been missing in the world?”Maggie asked.

Coco hesitated slightly, aware that some potential news might not be well-received.“Nothing special,”she said at last.

“Coco’s been doing really well at school,”Ben offered.

Maggie smiled.“Aw, that’s great, love.But you need to have some fun as well.”

“I’ve…been getting out a bit,”Coco attempted.

“Been seeing your friends?”

“Kind of.”

“Well, why don’t you go and spend time with them now?Your dad can keep me company.”

Coco was uncertain.“Don’t you want me to keep you company?”

Maggie smiled fondly.“Of course I love having you here, darling, but you’re just going to be sitting watching me.I’d rather you were out enjoying yourself.”

“I can give you a lift back if you like,”Ben offered.

Coco shook her head.“No, you stay here with Mum.I can get the bus.”

“Any idea what you’re going to do?”Maggie asked.

Coco allowed a ghost of a smile across her lips as she turned towards the door.“I might go to the gym.”

Raffy made her way along the beach towards the Diner.She had no real plans for when she got there. Coco was busy with her family, Ryder hadn’t been answering her calls and she hadn’t spoken to John and Marilyn that much since moving back in with her siblings.Her plan merely consisted of ordering a drink and then seeing if anyone interesting came in.

Her wishes seemed to be answered instantly since, as she approached, she saw Hunter outside the bait shop, putting up a billboard advertising the day’s specials.She smiled and waved to him.

Hunter looked away from her and hastily went back inside.

Raffy turned and walked in the other direction, wiping tears from her eyes.

Coco had gone home and changed into gym gear, consisting of a gym vest and tracksuit bottoms, before heading into town and to the surf club.It wasn’t, of course, the most appealing outfit she could have worn, but turning up to the gym dressed up would have looked a bit strange.At least part of her plan went right straightaway as she found Mason on duty behind the counter.She went up to him with a smile.“Hi.”

Mason returned the smile.“Hey, Coco.How are things with your mum?”

“Yeah, good.She’s having the stem cell transfusion and the doctors are really positive.”

Mason gave her a comradely pat on the arm.“That’s great.And it’s great to see you here.You after a workout?”

Coco faltered.“Um, yeah.Thought I’d try out the machines.”

“Okay, well, let me know if you need any help.”

Coco went over to a rowing machine with a rather disappointed look on her face, before sitting down and getting to work.

Raffy didn’t have any idea where she was going.She was just walking quickly and aimlessly, hoping to power walk the hurt out of her.She hadn’t expected Hunter to marry her or date her but she’d expected him to acknowledge she existed.Instead, he treated her like some sort of shameful secret.

Her mood wasn’t improved by the sight of a group of girls from school sitting near a rock, taking turns to take swigs from a bottle of vodka.Leading the group was Abbi, a new girl at school whose main aim in life seemed to be to make as many people as she could as miserable as possible.Raffy tried to quicken her pace even more to get out of sight but Abbi picked her out.“Oh look,”she said scornfully,“It’s the class baby who can’t get a boyfriend.”

Raffy knew she should walk on but she was on the verge of snapping and she’d just been presented with a convenient target.She jabbed a finger in Abbi’s face.“You know nothing about me.I’m not a baby and… and whether I’ve got a boyfriend or not is none of your business.”

Abbi laughed.“Want to be a big girl, eh?Prove it.”She held out the bottle of vodka.

Raffy took it from her and took a swig.“Satisfied?”

Abbi raised an eyebrow, almost looking impressed.“Maybe you’re not such a loser after all.How about we try something else?We were thinking of going to Salt tonight, see if we can get served drinks.”

“My brother runs Salt!”Raffy pointed out,“He’s not going to serve me!”

“Is he working tonight?”

Raffy thought for a moment.Brody had mentioned something about a night off and trying out new recipes, now she thought about it.“I don’t think so.”

“Well, then.Meet us outside the surf club at six, unless you’re worried they’ll think we’re just babysitting you.”

Defiantly, Raffy took another swig of the bottle.

Coco continued pretending to be interested in the rowing machine until the gym had emptied of customers, leaving her and Mason alone, then got up and went purposefully over to the counter.Mason looked up, puzzled.“Can I help you with something?”

“Yes,”Coco replied…and then kissed him full on the lips.Mason stared at her in surprise.“I didn’t come here for a work-out, okay?I came her to see you and do that and…”

She was cut off by Mason kissing her back, deeply and passionately.After a few extremely energetic seconds, the kiss broke.“I have been wanting do that since…pretty much the last time we did that,”he admitted.

“Me too.”Coco swallowed hard.“Should we maybe…go somewhere?”

“Yeah.”Mason looked at her intensely, with just a hint of mischief.“Or we could just lock the door.”

Coco’s gaze flicked down to the keys on the counter surface, then back up at Mason and that intense gaze.This was new territory for her, scary and strange…and very very exciting.She scooped up the keys and went to the door, closing it, finding the right key and locking it.Then she went back to Mason.

He carried on looking at her for a moment, then he grabbed and kissed her, their hands roaming around each other as he twisted her round and pushed her into the back room.

I hope she didn’t fall over lol

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 03:15, Summer's Bay said:

I hope she didn’t fall over lol

Well...I'm sure she'd have had a nice landing if she did!

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 03:38, Kristen said:

Raffy is taking a wrong turn 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 21:53, pembie said:

Is this the start of Raffy rebelling against the world? I hope so good person turn bad type of thing 

You'll have to wait and see what Raffy does!

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 01:07, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Surprised that Mason and Coco are at it again. Got a bad feeling they are going to be busted somehow. 

Well, it was what they both wanted! As for the rest, wait and see!

Awww living the high nightlife of Australia throwing up amongst the sand dunes I wouldn't know never been but that's what I imainge haha But you have to feel sorry for Raffy she's going to wake up with a very fishy hangover Lets hope she's a fine of the smell of fish

Edited by pembie