Joining Our Lives Together (Part 2)

Chair

Thanks for all the lovely comments - I've appreciated them all. 

The vicar's advice - I borrowed that from someone I knew. I hope that I have got the parts right for an Australian wedding and it's not completely different.

I'm sorry for the delay in posting this. I've had a very busy week with two family birthdays (including my own). I didn't want to post this important chapter until I was satisfied with it.  I hope you all enjoy it!

This is the final post for Part 2. I will be back with Part 3 as soon as possible. The spoiler is still to come!

Chapter Eleven

Chloe, Sally and Shannon gathered at Selina's house on the morning of the wedding to help her get ready. They all agreed that Shannon should lead the bridesmaids as she was Selina's best friend.

It's a shame you're not getting married at the local church as it would be a much shorter journey. It's a lovely idea though that you're getting married at the same church as Steven's parents.”

Thanks Sally. Also so many things go wrong when the wedding happens at that church so I thought I would try and avoid those disasters!”

The girls all laugh as Irene pops her head around the door.

Don't you look lovely?! Ready darl?”

Ready as I'll ever be! Let's go so I can marry the man of my dreams.”

- - - - - -

Steven was pacing nervously at the front of the church.

You'll be fine mate. She'll turn up.”

Thanks Danny. I know that. I just want her to arrive so we can start our married lives together. I'm not enjoying this waiting!”

She'll be here soon.”

The vicar came over.

You'll be fine. Look just one more word of advice before Selina arrives. When she's walking down the aisle you can either stare at the altar or you can watch Selina come down the aisle. I know which one I would choose.”

Steven knew he would prefer to watch Selina walk down the aisle.

- - - - - -

The wedding march started up and Steven turned to look at the back of the church. Selina entered the church looking stunningly beautiful on Irene's arm. Steven's heart swelled with pride as she walked up the aisle towards him. He was so happy that Selina had agreed to become his wife and she was heading towards him ready to marry him.

Selina reached him and turned to face him. Her face was one big beaming smile as she looked at him with so much love. He could see it in her face and just all over how much she loved him. He also loved her so much.

- - - - - -

Selina entered the church on Irene's arm. She could see Steven standing up at the top of the aisle. As she headed down the aisle she gazed at Steven. She was so happy that she was marrying hhim today. As they met at the top of the aisle Selina gazed into Steven's eyes. She saw his love for her pouring out of him and she knew just how much he loved her and she loved him.

They continued to gaze into each other's eyes as the vicar began to speak...

- - - - - -

“... I now pronounce you husband and wife.”

Selina and Steven shared a kiss as everyone clapped and cheered.

They walked over to sign the register. Steven signed his name. Selina signed her name for the last time as Selina Roberts. Irene and Pippa were the two witnesses. Then they walked outside for the photos.

- - - - - -

Everyone gathered for the reception. They had a sit down meal and then the speeches began. Irene spoke then it was Steven's turn to speak.

“Hello everyone. Thank you for joining us on our special day. We are delighted to have you with us.

I would like to thank Irene for giving Selina away today. Thank you for doing such a brilliant job of bringing her up.

As some of you know Selina and I didn't have the most conventional of starts to our relationship. But through all the tough times Selina remained loyal to me. I love her for her loyalty, kind heart, honesty - she is never afraid to speak her mind! If she isn't happy about something I know she will be honest with me about it.

I'm glad Selina e-mailed me to join her in England – it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The other was asking Selina to marry me – as you can see she said yes! Shs be looks so beautiful always on the inside and outside – but especially beautiful today. I love Selina with all my heart and wish to spend the rest of our lives together.

Thank you to Danny and Kris my best men. Thank you to Shannon, Chloe and Sally for being our bridesmaids. So please stand if you are able and share with me a toast to Shannon, Chloe and Sally.”

Selina felt so happy enjoying this day with their friends and family. She didn't want it to ever end.

- - -

Selina and Steven headed the dancefloor with their particular song, 'The Way I Made You Feel' by Ed Kuepper. They were looking forward to their two week honeymoon in Bali.

“I love you Mrs Selina Matheson.”

“I love you too Mr Steven Matheson.”

They shared a loving kiss.

“I'm looking forward to our wedding night and spending the rest of our lives together.”

“So am I. I can't think of anything I would want more.”

End of Part Two

Comments

Archived