Homecoming Part 2

:)

Chapter 263

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“One for you…and one for you” Pippa said as she gave Tammy and Sally their sandwiches for lunch. Both of them giggled and put the sandwiches in their bag as Viv walked into the kitchen

“Viv..where is your permission slip for the school trip” Pippa said

“Oh I wont be going” Viv said as Sally and Tammy walked out of the kitchen

“Why not?” Pippa looked confused

“Well…its because you gave me and Tammy a home, and I don’t want to be a burden” Viv said and she put her head down

“Oh come here” Pippa said and Viv walked over to her to her and Pippa put her arm around her

“Anyone who walks through that door is family..you are not a burden ok..now go and get your permission slip let me sign it and I will give you the deposit” Pippa said and Viv looked at her and smiled then hugged her really tight

“Thank you” Viv said and exhaled then went upstairs as Pippa sighed and looked unsure.

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

I'm too sexy for my shirt 
Too sexy for my shirt
So sexy it hurts
And I'm too sexy for Milan 
Too sexy for Milan
New York, and Japan
I'm too sexy for your party
Too sexy for your party
No way I'm disco dancing

Colleen watched as Ailsa walked into the kitchen. She walked in behind her. “Hello Ailsa love, how are you?” Colleen said

“Ok” Ailsa said as she picked up a note pad from the kitchen table and opened the fridge and began to write what she needed to get from the wholsale

“Don’t mind me butting in but is there any news about Alf, you know we are all hoping for the best for him” Colleen said

“No, there isn’t” Ailsa said

“The case still tomorrow is it?” Colleen said

“Yes that’s right” Ailsa said as she walked into the pantry. Colleen slowly walked o the pantry entrance

“You sure you don’t want me to do that for you? Me and lancey can take care of the diner if you need to get yourself off” Colleen said

“No, its fine, its better that I work instead of sitting at home” Ailsa said as she counted the cans on the shelf

'Cause I'm a model, you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah, on the catwalk 
On the catwalk, yeah
I shake my little tush on the catwalk

MRS S, MRS MAARGE IS HERE”

Ailsa’s heart dropped when she heard that Morag wanted to see her. She walked out of the diner to see Morag standing at the counter looking at Lance

“Do you want to come through?” Ailsa said

“It’s a nice day…why dont we take a walk on the beach” Morag said and smiled

“I wont be long” Ailsa said and began to walk out of the diner.

“Nice to see you Morag” Colleen said and smiled

Morag looked at Colleen and Lance then she followed Ailsa out of the diner

I'm too sexy for my car 
Too sexy for my car
Too sexy by far
And I'm too sexy for my hat
Too sexy for my hat 
What do you think about that?

Colleen waited then she walked towards the door to see Ailsa and Morag walking away then she rushed back to the kitchen picking up the phone on the wall then she dialed

"Hello Betty? its me" Colleen said as she looked at the entrance to the diner...

Caravan Park – Summer Bay

Carly came into the kitchen and yawned “ The kettle is still warm if you want to make a coffee” Pippa said as she washed the dishes

“Ill grab something at the diner, I need to do the wholesale order…ill see you later” Carly said

“Carly, before you go…I want to say something” Pippa said and she dried her hands on her apron then she took the folded cheque from her pocket and reached out to Carly

“I cant take this…this is your money for your future..you are working hard…you don’t need to be spending your money on me” Pippa said

“Pippa, its ok, honest’ Carly said

“I went through some calculations this morning and I called the bank, I have some money in a different savings account that I forgot about so everything will be alright” Pippa said with a smile

“That’s good news Pippa” Carly said and hugged Pippa whose smile disappeared

Department of Child Services- The City

“H": Bobby said and smiled but she wished she was meeting someone else.  She had nothing against Andrew Foley but she remembered confiding to him about her marriage problems;

“I saw the name and thought a blast from the past, how are you “ Andrew Foley said as he sat in the chair opposite Bobby

“Good, when did you start working here?” Bobby said

“About six months ago..what are you doing with yourself now” Andrew said and he looked at Bobby She looked very different from how he remembered her.

“Well I still co own the diner with Ailsa, but I am also the catering director at the sands resort, I have my own catering and consulting business and doing my business degree” Bobby said

“Wow…sounds like you are really busy…Good for you..glad to see that you have some direction and you must be happy doing so many different things that you want” Andrew said and he looked at Bobby

Flashback

Andrew- Are you alright Bobby

Bobby- Yeah why?

Andrew- Come on now, you are talking to a professional

Bobby- Its nothing..only me thinking that I am not good enough for my husband anymore

Andrew- What do you mean?

Bobby- Oh I don’t know…he has changed a lot. He makes comments here and there that he didn’t used to about the way I look or how other woman look good. When I go to see him at work  I feel like the ugly foster sister who got lucky then I see him with Roo and they look perfect together

Andrew – Don’t say that

Bobby- Why not when its probably true…anyway who am I fooling, I always knew I was second best

Andrew- Have you talked to frank about how I feel?

Bobby- Anytime I bring up the subject he said I am just being jealous or he dismisses it completely

Andrew-  Do you love him?

Bobby- I gave up gong to Uni, to do what I wanted because I love him

Andrew- All young couples go through problems early on in their marriage..its the adjustment stage…maybe the two of you can go away together and talk things through

Bobby- We cant afford it, we are supposed to be saving up to have a baby

Andrew- Well that’s a good sign

Bobby- Yeah I know but I still cant shake the feeling that I will always be second best

Flashback ends

“Yeah…I bet working here makes a change from teaching us lot “ Bobby said and laughed

“Hmm I actually miss those days in Summer Bay” Andrew said and his mind drifted off. Bobby could see from his expression that his mind was elsewhere. She cleared her throat bringing Andrew back to the present

“So, Diane our receptionist said you are here to submit some application forms…what forms would that be?” Andrew said and Bobby took the envelope from her lap and put it on the desk

“I am submitting an application to be a foster mum” Bobby said and she opened the envelope and put the application on the table. Andrew looked at her then he picked up the application and looked at the first page

“Oh right, what lead you to that decision?” Andrew said as he looked at Bobby

“I just feel that it is the right thing to do” Bobby said

“Well you are a great success of the foster system” Andrew said and he smiled

“But” Bobby said and Andrew sighed

“Ill be honest with you..fostering is not easy and does require you making sacrifices” Andrew said

“Yeah I know” Bobby said

“There is also the fact that the application process includes making sure you can afford to look after the child as well  as residing in a place where the child came have their own room” Andrew said

“I have all of that. I own a 5 bedroom beach house and have over $60,000 in the bank” Bobby said desperately as Andrew looked at her

“That’s great Bobby but….another thing to consider is that you are still really young…with your whole life ahead of you” Andrew said and Bobby looked down

“I know you have your heart set on it, but I want to be as realistic as I can with you…also there is a possibility that your application will be rejected” Andrew said and Bobby sighed. It felt too good to be true

“Oh well, thanks for the chat” Bobby said and she got up

“Where are you going?” Andrew said

“You just basically told me not to bother applying” Bobby said

“No, I didn’t say that…sit down” Andrew said

“Look, I just want to give you a realistic expectation. I see many people walk through the door and most of the time their hopes and dreams are dashed…I don’t want that for you” Andrew said

“Thanks” Bobby said as she looked at Andrew who looked at his watch

“It looks to be lunch time, if you are not doing anything, do you mind grabbing a sandwich with me? Andrew said and Bobby smiled

“Ok” Bobby said and Andrew got up and Bobby followed him out of the office.

Beach- Summer Bay

Morag stopped walking and breathed in then she exhaled “That smell is always the same…no matter how long you stay away..you never forget that smell” Morag said and Ailsa looked at her

“Look, if you have something to say, please say it. I have to get ready for the lunch rush” Ailsa said and Morag sighed

“I tried my best Ailsa” Morag said

“What are you saying?” Ailsa said as she studied Morag’s face

“Im saying that I haven’t been able to find something that connects someone else to the Wilson accident” Morag said and Ailsa felt a funny feeling come over her

“So you are saying that Alf is going to prison?” Ailsa said

“I am going to try and plead down to accidental manslaughter…being a first offense and with Alfreds reputation in the commnity, the maximum sentence is 5 years” Morag said as she looked at Ailsa turn away and look at the water with a shocked look on her face then she sighed

“Have you told him?” Ailsa said

“I am on my way there now, I wanted to see you first” Morag said as Ailsa continue to look at the water

“I really am sorry Ailsa” Morag said

“What about Al Simpson and his blackmail of Alf?” Morag said

“Nothing to prove there. There were no witnesses. Any money being wired to Al coudlve just been as a lone..I really am sorry Ailsa” Morag said

“I better go…court is tomorrow at 9am” Morag said and Ailsa didn’t respond then she walked away..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for reading. I really am excited for you to read what I have in store..

Chapter 264

City Café- The City

Background music- café radio

This Romeo is bleeding, but you can't see his blood
It's nothing but some feelings
That this old dog kicked up
It's been raining since you left me
Now I'm drowning in the flood
You see I've always been a fighter
But without you I give up

“Thank you” Andrew said as the waitress put a plate with a sandwich in front of him and a coffee in front of Bobby. Bobby put some milk in her coffee and stirred it

“You sure you don’t want a sandwich? My treat” Andrew said as he bit into his sandwich

Bobby shook her head “No thanks, I am not hungry” Bobby said and smiled as she watched Andrew chew the sandwich like it was his last meal.

Now I can't sing a love song
Like the way it's meant to be
Well, I guess I'm not that good anymore
But baby, that's just me

“So you like this job then? Bobby said as she lifted her cup and drank some of the coffee

“I always knew that I wanted to help people..I enjoyed teaching but there is something amazing about helping people achieve their dreams…anyway enough about me, how is everyone in Summer Bay?” Andrew said and Bobby smiled

“You mean how is Carly?” Bobby said and Andrew put his two hands up

“Alright you got me..how is she?” Andrew said

“Doing pretty well…We extended the hours of the diner in the evening and Carly is the manager” Bobby said as Andrew looked surprised

“Good…is she involved?” Andrew said

“Yes …a military guy..I think he is a creep but Carly is happy enough” Bobby said and Andrew laughed then he nodded

“Well give her my best” Andrew said

“I will” Bobby said

Yeah I, will love you, baby
Always and I'll be there
Forever and a day, always

“What about you…your application states that you are single” Andrew said and he bit into the sandwich again and Bobby sighed

“With everything I have going on, I don’t have time for relationships” Bobby said and smiled. Andrew looked at her face as he chewed his sandwich. She said one thing but her eyes said something else

I'll be there, till the stars don't shine
'Til the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme
I know when I die you'll be on my mind
And I'll love you, always

“Does it matter that I am single…you know with the application?” Bobby said

“No, we have many single foster parents” Andrew said and he wiped his mouth

“So…what is the application process?” Bobby said

“Well, Your application will be reviewed and if you match the criteria, one of the case workers will arrange a time to meet you in a home and do an in home assessment” Andrew said

“What does that mean?” Bobby said curiously

“Well, its an assessment of your environment and how a child will fit into that environment. You will also need to provide the references of two people who support your application and can confirm that you would be a suitable foster mother” Andrew said

“Is that it?” Bobby said

“No, the department will also conduct a background check, approval to check your medical history and you will be required to meet with a department approved counselor” Andrew said

“Why is that?” Bobby said

“Well the background and medical check is for obvious reasons but the counselling session is to make sure that you are emotionally ready to be a foster parent and are doing it for the right reason” Andrew said and Bobby sighed and put her head down

Now your picture's that you left behind
Are just memories of a different life
Some that made us laugh
Some that made us cry
One that made you have to say goodbye

“Bobby is there something wrong?” Andrew said and Bobby didn’t respond. Andrew sighed and drank his coffee

“Anything you tell me will be strictly off the record” Andrew said and Bobby looked up at him and sighed

What I'd give to run my fingers through your hair
Touch your lips, to hold you near,
When you say your prayers, try to understand
I've made mistakes, I'm just a man

Macklin Corporation- New York

Frank stared at the torn pieces of paper on his desk. The torn letter he was writing to Bobby

Flashback

Frank -No worries, I can transfer you over

Brett -I heard you are doing really well. Thanks for your help handling the Anderson account. I was just telling Bobby the other night when she stayed over how well you are doing in our New York Office” Brett said as Franks heart dropped

Frank -That’s what I am paid for..anyway ill transfer you over

Flashback ends

When he holds you close, when he pulls you near
When he says the words
You've been needing to hear, I'll wish I was him
'Cause these words are mine, to say to you
'Til the end of time

Always and I'll be there

Phone ringing

Frank leaned forward and picked up the receiver

“Macklin corporation, Frank Morgan speaking” Frank said

“Hi Frank…its me” Roo said

“How are you?” Frank said

“yeah, really good” Roo said

“You?” Roo said

“Good” Frank said and sighed. He couldn’t believe that this was a conversation he was having with his wife…the woman he married till death do them part

“Are you working late tomorrow?” Roo said

“Hopefully not, ive been working late all this week” Frank said

“Ok, well I am getting in early tomorrow, Ill cook dinner or something” Roo said

“Ok” Frank said

“Ill see you tomorrow then” Roo said

“Ok, safe flight” Frank said

“Thanks…bye’ Roo said then she put the phone down and Frank sighed as he put the phone down then collected all the torn papers from the desk and put them in the bin again and sighed

If you told me to cry for you, I could
If you told me to die for you, I would
Take a look at my face
There's no price I won't pay
To say these words to you

Yabbie Creek Inn- Yabbie Creek

“Get up you lazy tyke” Al said as he kicked Sophies foot and she opened her eyes. She tried to move but her back still hurt. She wiped her face and struggled to get up from the floor

“Tidy this place up…I cant wait till tomorrow when I get the money and I can finally get rid of you, you wasn’t any use to me anyway” Al said as Sophie turned around to pick up the cans on the floor and wiped the tear that fell from her eyes

Always and I'll be there

Background music ends

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

“Yep…right…Ill talk to you later Donald” Michael said and he put the phone down and walked out of the office

“Here is the receipt for the engine part” Adam said as he walked towards Michael

“Oh good, make sure you put it int expense book” Michael said and Adam walked towards the office

“Oh hey, I just got off the phone with Donald Fisher” Adam turned around fast and looked at Michael

“What did he want?” Adam said

“He was calling for a reference about one of my employees” Michael said mimicking Donald’s voice

“What did you say?” Adam said as he looked at Michaels face desperately

“Relax, I gave you a glowing reference” Michael said and sighed

“Thanks” Adam said and he exhaled “Did he say when I would find out if I got the job?” he continued

“No he didn’t but the fact that he called means you are in with a good shot” Michael said

“I hope so” Adam said

“If business picks up, you can always come back, you know that?” Michael said and Adam nodded as Michael tapped him on the shoulder and walked into the office..

The City

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Sorry you went through all that” Andrew said as he and Bobby walked by a park near the café

“Thanks” Bobby said

“But the good thing is that every day is a one step forward for you” Andrew said

“Yeah I know” Bobby said

“The grieving process can take any day from 1 day to a 1000 days” Andrew said and Bobby didn’t respond

“Now that I told you this…will it affect my application? Bobby said then she stopped walking and looked at Andrew

“Well, Ill be honest with you, the way you feel about losing your baby…your marriage breaking up will be a concern to the department. I am sure you saw it yourself with your foster family, it really is a demanding job, having to juggle several different personalities under one roof..having very little time to do anything for yourself” Andrew was interrupted

“But I know I can do it” Bobby said

“Bobby Im not doubting that..look, I will submit your application for review. You probably wont hear anything for a few weeks but in that time, I really want you to think about why you are doing this..the real reason why you are doing this…I want you to be sure that” Andrew was interrupted

“Be sure that I am not just trying to replace my baby” Bobby said and Andrew nodded

“Yeah I understand how it would look like that” Bobby said and she sighed…she knew that was the reason even if she didn’t want to admit it to herself. Andrew put his hand in his pocket and took out a card

“Here is my number, if you want to talk please call me..or if you want to discuss anything about the process” Andrew said and gave the card to Bobby

“Thanks” Bobby said and she took the card and looked at it

“Anyway, I better get back to the office..it was really nice to see you…and good luck with everything” Andrew said and he smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said and she smiled. As she watched Andrew walk away her smile disappeared and she sighed…”Stupid idea” Bobby said to herself as she walked to her car..

Pawn Shop Yabbie Creek

Pippa sighed as she pushed open the door. She held it wide enough for Christopher to walk through then she walked up to the counter and waited. Shortly after a man came out of the back

“G’day” The shop owner said

“Hello..I was wondering how much I would get for these” Pippa said and she took three rings out of her pocket and put them on the counter. The shop keeper picked each ring up and looked at them and inspected them

“$300” He eventually said

“Each?” Pippa said as her face lit up

“No, $300 total” The shop keeper said

“But they are gold and the other ring is a real diamond” Pippa said

“This is a pawn shop love take it or leave it” The shop owner said and looked at Pippa and she sighed and nodded

“You have 90 days to collect or we sell it..fill out this form” The shop owner said and put a clip board with a form on the counter for Pippa to fill out. She exhaled and picked up the pen and bean to write..

background music ends

Chapter 265

Waldorf Creek Jail- Waldorf Creek

“Alfred, please say something” Morag said as she sat opposite Alf. His face looked like he had just seen a ghost

“I went through every document, I spoke to everyone the police spoke to ..I just couldn’t find anything that proved this was nothing more than an accident” Morag said. Alf just stared at her. He always felt that he was guilty but now the reality was sinking in, he really was guilty and he was going to go to jail. He sighed then smiled and began to sing

Hot cross buns,
Hot cross buns,
one ha' penny,
two ha' penny,
hot cross buns.

If you have no daughters,
give them to your sons,
one ha' penny,
two ha' penny,
Hot Cross Buns

Alf finished the song and smiled at Morag who looked at him confused

“You know…that used to be Ruthys favourite song when she was a little girl. She used to always sing it with Martha. I would come in and find them at the kitchen table” Alf said then a single tear ran down his cheek. Morag sighed then she looked at Alf. She had failed him she didn’t protect him….just like she didn’t protect her grandchild. Morag felt tears coming to her eyes then she did a pretend sneeze

“Oh excuses me, I think the dust is aggravating my eyes” Morag said and she took a tissue from her bag and wiped her eyes and blew her nose

“I know you did your best Sis…this is probably for the best…you know” Alf said and smiled as he reached for Morags hand

“You get off back to the hotel…I will be fine” Alf said as he looked at Morag

“I really am sorry Alfred…I really am” Morag said and she looked at Alf and got up then she quickly made her way out of the room. Alf looked at the table and sighed..

Smart Residence- Summer Bay

Naraelle laughed at the TV while bobby sat at the dining table looking over her class notes then she sighed. Narelle looked up at Bobby then she turned the TV down

“Are you alright?” you been pretty quiet this evening” Narelle said

“Fine” Bobby said as she looked at Narelle then she looked back down at her notes

“Matt said Alfs trial is tomorrow so he is going to Summer Bay tonight.” Narelle said and Bobby didn’t respond. She was thinking of the meeting she had with Andrew and how her interpretation was that she shouldn’t even bother to apply. Bobby sighed

“I still cant believe that Alf Stewart is going on trail for murder” Narelle said and Bobby didn’t respond. Narelle looked at her and got up from the couch and sat down opposite her

“Whats wrong with you?” Narelle said as she looked concerned

Phone ringing

Narelle got up and walked over to the phone

“Hello..Jeff hi” Narelle said and giggled. Bobby sighed as Narelle walked over to the couch with the phone and sat down. Bobby looked at Narelle as her face was full of love. Bobby put her notes back in her folder and got up from the table and went to the bedroom. As she walked, she looked at Narelle again who didn’t seem to know that she was going, she was in deep conversation with Jeff. Bobby closed the door behind her and sat and walked over to the bed and sat down. She could hear Narelle, not what she was saying but she could hear her talking. Bobby sighed then she slowly laid back on the bed and grabbed one of the pillows and hugged it then without warning tears fell from her eyes and she began to cry as she thought about how lonely she felt..

Bayside Diner after dark- Summer Bay

Background music- Diner jukebox

You give me, you give me the sweetest taboo
You give me, you're giving me the sweetest taboo
Too good for me

Nick wiped his mouth and looked at Lucinda who was playing with her food.

“Sorry that you don’t like the food” Nick said and Lucinda looked up at him

“Nick, I am sorry…the food is fine” Lucinda said

“Must be the company then” Nick said

“No the company is fine. I am sorry…its just that I have a lot of things on my mind right now” Lucinda said

“Is it the same things from yesterday?” Nick said and Lucinda nodded

“Do you want to talk about it…I am a great listener” Nick said

“It wouldn’t be fair to you” Lucinda said

“Honestly I don’t mind” Nick said as he looked at Lucinda who smiled at him

There's a quiet storm
And it never felt like this before
There's a quiet storm
That is you

Carly put the rubbish out. She wiped her hands on her apron and began to walk back to the diner. Due to what happened last night, Pippa opted to stay in the kitchen while she served. Carly put her hand in her apron pocket, she had made a lot of tips like she normally did coming up to the weekend, but she decided that she was going to share the tips with Pippa

“Hi Carly” Carly froze when she heard a familiar voice say her name. She turned around to see Matt walking towards her

“Hi” Carly said and smiled

“How are you?” Matt said

“Ok…how are you…here for the court case?” Carly said

“Yeah, my parents didn’t want to come…they are still not over Shane dying” Matt said

“Sorry to hear that” Carly said and smiled at Matt.

“You know, I am really sorry about all this” Carly said

“Thanks…it has been hard” Matt said

“If you ever need someone to talk to…well if you need a friend” Carly said and Matt smiled

“You don’t know how good that sounds” Mat said and he stepped forward and hugged Carly. She wasn’t expecting it but exhaled then she put her arms around Matt.  She could feel him breathing on her neck as she hugged him tighter

There's a quiet storm
And it never felt this hot before
Giving me something that's taboo
(Sometimes I think you're just too good for me)

“Can I ask you something? Matt said and pulled away

“Sure” Carly said and looked at Matt

“Can you come to the trial with me tomorrow…that’s if you are not doing anything” Matt said as he stared at Carly

“Ok” Carly said and Ben smiled and hugged Carly again as she held Matt tight. She felt so comfortable and safe with him

You give me the sweetest taboo
That's why I'm in love with you (with you)
Too good for me

“Carly” Carly turned around and immediately let go of Matt

“Ben, hi, I wasn’t expecting to see you” Carly said and walked over to Ben and hugged him as Matt and Ben looked at each other

“I wanted to surprise you” Ben said and kissed Carly as Matt watched

“Carly Ill see you tomorrow” Matt said and walked towards his car, got in and drove off

“Its really nice to see you” Carly said and Kissed Bens neck

“What does he mean by seeing you tomorrow” Ben said

“The courtcase I told you about, it was his brother that died…he asked me to go with him” Carly said

“You don’t need to go to that …I was thinking that we could spend the weekend together, I have the next few days off..lets go to waldorf Creek or something.”  Ben said

“I cant…We are short staffed ” Carly said

“You cant or you don’t want to?” Ben said and moved away from Carly

“Ben…of course I want to but This job is the first opportunity I have had to make something for myself…I cant let Bobby down” Carly said

“You mean you cant let that bloke down” Ben said

“What do you mean?” Carly said

“Its like everytime I turn around, that bloke is around you” Ben said

“Its not like that, Matt is just a friend, he needs support right now” Carly said and she put her hand on Bens shoulder and he shrugged her off

“Are you seeing him behind my back? Ben said and Carly looked at him shocked

“No I am not…its you I am with..its you I love..Matt is just a friend” Carly said as she looked at an angry Ben

I'd do anything for you, I'd stand out in the rain
Anything you want me to do, don't let it slip away
There's a quiet storm
And it never felt like this before

“Where did Carly go, we need some more change” Grant sa id as he walked into the kitchen

“She said she was taking the rubbish out” Pippa said as she wiped down the kitchen table

“Carly, what happened” Pippa said as Carly came in holding her bleeding nose

“Oh its nothing I tripped and fell..I thought I saw a possum” Carly said as Pippa gave her some tissue

“ Sit down and pinch your nose..let me get some ice, that will help “ Pippa said as Carly sat down..She was always making Ben angry. He was the best thing that happened to her and she was ruining it.

“Here you go” Pippa said as she gave Carly some ice in a towel

“Thanks…im so clumsy” Carly said as she put the ice on her nose and Pippa smiled. She had to find a way to make it up to Ben and she definitely wasn’t going to the trial with Matt. Ben was too important to her and she wanted to make him happy..

That's why I'm in love with you (with you)
Too good for me

Background music ends

Chapter 266

Brenan Residence- Summer Bay

Laura yawned then she sighed as she poured the hot water in to the cup. Laura stirred the coffee and water with the spoon. She didn’t sleep much so instead of tossing and turning she was up earlier than usual to do some work around the house. Laura stopped stirring her coffee and put the spoon down. She walks towards the front door and out into the front yard and picks up the rolled up newspaper. She walks back towards her house and closes the front door. She walks over to the table where her cup is and sits down. She picks up the cup and drinks some of the coffee puts the cup down and unrolls the newspaper then her heart drops

“Summer Bay local goes on trial for 1984 murder”

Flashback

James- Keep breathing love, it wont be long now

Laura- This stupid car, I told you to get rid of it years ago

James- Fair go love,  Its just a small problem with the engine

Laura- Stupid engine, stupid car

Flashback ends

Laura looked up as the single tear ran down her cheek. She got up from her chair and walked over to the desk and opened the drawer. She took out a photo of two people smiling and with one hand gently caressed the face of the man and sighed. She put the photo back into the drawer closed it and walked to her phone then picked it up and dialed

“Hello yes…this is Laura Brenan” Laura said as she wiped another tear from her cheek

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“I wish I can go with you” Sandra said as she watched Ailsa pack Duncans bag

“Its alright love, you get yourself off to school” Ailsa said trying to hold herself together

“Is there anything I can do?” Sandra said as Emma ate her cereal and rolled her eyes

“No love everything is fine. I better be going. I am going to take Duncan to the baby sitter then take these clothes over to the jail for Alf” Ailsa said as she put the bag on her shoulder

“Ok, please tell Mr Stewart that I will be thinking about him” Sandra said as she followed Ailsa to the door with Duncan

“I will love..have a good day at school” Ailsa said then she closed the door. Sandra walked back to the kitchen and picked up her cereal bowl and took it to the sink and began to wash it

“Is there anything I can do?” Emma said as she mocked Sandra

“Why don’t you just grow up” Sandra said

Door knocking

Sandra walked towards the door and opened it

“Hi Craig, how are you?” Sandra said as she walked back towards the kitchen

“Hi” Craig said to Emma. She looked at him. They hadn’t really said much to each other since he kissed her the other night. Sandra picked up her school bag

“You are going to be late” Sandra said to Emma

“Who cares” Emma said and Sandra shook her head

“Come on lets go” Sandra said to Craig

“You go, Ill wait for Emma” Craig said and Sandra looked at him surprised

“Ok” Sandra said and she walked out of the house. Craig waited until he heard the door close then he sat down

“What do you want?”Emma said as she looked at Craig

“Wag school with me today” Craig said

“Haha with you?” Sandra said

“Yeah, whats wrong with me?” Craig said

“Nothing..just you are a conch…and a bit of a dag no offence” Emma said

“I know how to have fun…I can get a key to get a room at the sands resort if you want” Craig said and Emma looked at him and smiled

“Ok” Emma said and smiled as Craig smiled

Yabbie Creek Inn- Yabbie Creek

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh, my, what a wonderful day

Al sang as he looked at his shirt in the mirror, it was clean enough. He put his tie on and began to sing again

Plenty of sunshine headin' my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!

Al licked the index finger on both hands and smoothed his eyebrows down and smiled to himself. Soon he was going to have $19,000 and would be buying a one way ticket to Tahiti. From the corner of his eye, he saw Sophie sleeping on the motel couch. He turned around and walked towards her. “Hey, get up” Al said and he forcefully nudged Sophie, she didn’t get up. Al pulled her and and she feel to the floor

Bobby- What was that for?

Sophie- Because I love you

Bobby- I love you too tuppence

. Sophie opened her eyes, She wished she was still sleeping dreaming about how life would be with Bobby

“Get up, you lazy idiot…I cant wait until I get my money then I can get out of here and get rid of you” Al said as Sophie rubbed her eyes and sighed

Waldorf Creek Jail- Waldorf Creek

Alf looked at Ailsa as she fixed his tie. He could tell that she was struggling to keep it all together and not be sad in front of him

“There you go” Ailsa said

“Thanks Love” Duncan keeps asking for you” Ailsa said

“Thanks for not bringing him. On top of everything I don’t think I could bare saying goodbye to him too” Alf said as Ailsa put her arms around him and sighed

“I know I said I wanted to do it but can you tell Ruthy afterwards…im too gutless to tell her face to face..tell her that I will write to her” Alf said and looked at Ailsa. She had one tear running down her cheek

“Whatever happens today…please know that I love you….and I don’t expect you to wait for me, so if you want a divorce I will understand” Alf said then sighed

“Lets not talk about that love” Ailsa said as Alf wiped the tear from her cheek

“Lets go Stewart”

Ails and Alf both looked twards the door to see a policeman

“Ill see you at the court” Alf said and he bent down to kiss Ailsa and smiled and walked towards the door as she helplessly watched him walk away..

Background music – Diner juke box

Oh, why you look so sad, the tears are in your eyes,
Come on and come to me now, and don't be ashamed to cry,
Let me see you through, 'cause I've seen the dark side too.
When the night falls on you, you don't know what to do,
Nothing you confess could make me love you less,

“Hello Celia, I didn’t expect to see you here this morning” Colleen said as Celia walked into the diner

“I was looking for Ailsa, I was going to accompany her this morning…at a time like this, the Stewarts need to stick together”  Celia said

“She hasn’t been in this morning, I assume she has already gone ahead to the court” Colleen said as she wiped the counter

“Oh, right…well I better be going them” Celia said

“Poor Duncan and Ruth..with Ruth being so many miles away” Colleen said

“Ruth doesn’t know about her father…Alf wanted it that way..anyway I better go” Celia said and she walked away

“Give our best to Alf” Colleen said as Celia rushed out of the door. Colleen waited until Celia walked out of the door then she picked up the phone

“Hello Betty…its me” Colleen said…

I'll stand by you,
I'll stand by you, won't let nobody hurt you,
I'll stand by you

City University- The City

“Hello…Andrew Foley please…thank you” Bobby said as she waited inside the phone box. She tapped her foot, she only had a few minutes before her class started

“Andrew Foley Speaking” Andrew said

“Hi its Bobby” Bobby said

“Roberta Simpson, what can I do for you this fine morning” Andrew said

“I thought a lot about what we talked about yesterday…I decided not to submit my application” Bobby said

“Oh, why not?” Andrew said

“I just don’t want to go through all the hassle of getting my hopes up and I am not going to be approved” Bobby said

“I understand how you feel, but what I said yesterday wasn’t to discourage you, but to give you realistic expectations…besides..every application whether it is accepted or denied still has to be logged..that is a legal requirement” Andrew said

“Oh right..well I don’t expect to hear back so I guess it doesn’t matter..anyway I have to go, I have a class in two minutes” Bobby said

“Do me a favour” Andrew said

“What? Bobby said

“Get your two references ready” Andrew said

“Whats the point, I wont get a response anyway" Bobby said 

“Well if you don’t think you will get a response, there is no harm in getting your references ready incase you do” Andrew said and Bobby sighed

“Ok” Bobby said. She didn’t even know why she said that, she just wanted to get off the phone

“Good..well have a good day” Andrew said

“You too…and thanks” Bobby said then she put the phone down and sighed then she walked out of the phone box and walked towards the university building.

So if you're mad, get mad, don't hold it all inside,
Come on and talk to me now.
Hey there, what you got to hide?
I get angry too, well, I'm alive like you.
When you're standing at the cross roads,
And don't know which path to choose,
Let me come along, 'cause even if you're wrong

Waldorf Creek court- Waldorf Creek

“So if he told you that he was going to a friends house, how did he end up at Stewarts point” Morag said

“I don’t know, he just don’t me not to tell our parents and that he would be back to watch television with me” Matt said

“No further questions at this time” Morag said and smiled at Matt who looked at the judge who motioned for him to go back to his seat. Matt stared at Alf with a mean look on his face. Alf put his head down and when he looked up his eyes locked with Al Simpson who was sitting in the back smiling. Matt sat in his seat and sighed. Just talking about that night made him sad all over again. He then smiled to himself and looked around for someone. He looked all around the court and didn’t see her then he sighed and put his head down

I'll stand by you,
I'll stand by you.
Baby, even to your darkest hour, and I'll never desert you,

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly lay on her bed and watched Christopher playing on the floor. Pippa asked Carly to watch him while she went to the court to support Ailsa. Carly looked at Christopher innocently playing with his toys then she sat up. She felt a little light headed but was able to sit up. She picked up the mirror from her table and looked at herself. Her face looked normal. It didn’t look as if hours ago her nose was bleeding. Carly put the mirror down and laid back on her bed and held onto the pendent that Ben gave her then she sighed as she  thought about the reason why she made Ben angry again…Matt…she hated Matt right now for what he was doing to her relationship. She had no intention of going to the court and she didn’t want to see Matt again

I'll stand by you.
And when, when the night falls on you baby,
You're feeling all a lone, you're wandering on your own,
I'll stand by you.

High School- Summer Bay

Donald stared at the newspaper on his desk.  He didn’t know how long he had been staring at the headline

“Summer Bay local goes on trial for 1984 murder”

He felt guilty that he was a free man while Alf was about to go on trial..he also felt guilty that he again betrayed Barbra by sleeping with Morag. Donald sighed

“Knock on the door”

“Yes come in” Donald said and the door opened

“Ms Lawrence, what can I do for you?” Donald said as Debra walked into his office

“Just your signature on the proposal we discussed about reducing the amount of academic trips” Debra said

“Oh good” Donald said and Debra handed Donald a folder with the the paper he needed to sign Debra waited as Donald did a quick read through and when Donald was finished, he signed the document and gave the folder back to Debra to her but as she reached for it folder fell to the floor

“Oh I am very sorry” Donald said and bent down

“No it was my fault” Debra said and as she waited for Donald to pick up the papers. She noticed that he missed one and walked to the other side of the desk and picked it up when she did and stood up she got the shock of her life when she was met with the photo of someone from her past…someone she couldn’t forget

“Thank you…please excuse me” Debra said and took the folder from Donald and rushed out of his office and closed the door. She rushed into the staff room and locked the door. She picked up the newspaper on the desk and the blood drained from her face. Debra felt faint and sat down as she looked at the photo as it reminded her of a wonderful time n her life...the photo reminded her of the man she once loved….

I'll stand by you, baby even to your darkest hour,
And I'll never desert you,
I'll stand by you,

Background music ends

Sorry for the delay...been busy. Thanks for reading

Chapter 267

Waldorf Creek Court- Waldorf Creek

Morag exhaled as she walked out of the court room. She was glad that the court was on break, she felt like she was going to suffocate.

“Its not looking to good in there is it?” Morag turned around to see Celia standing behind her

“I didn’t know that you have a law degree” Morag said and rolled her eyes and walked away

“Are you ok?” Pippa said as she touched Ailsa’s arm. Ailsa looked at her and smiled as she tried to keep things all together

“Im just going to get a coffee, do you want me to get you a coffee or something?” Pippa said

“No, I am fine…thank you for coming” Ailsa said and Pippa smiled then she walked away to the ending machine. Ailsa sighed then she looked up and locked eyes with Matt. She exhaled then walked over to him

“Matt…I am really sorry about all of this” Ailsa was interrupted

“Save your apologies for someone who cares”  Matt said then he walked away as Ailsa watched him go…

High School- Summer Bay

School bell rings

“Please make sure you read chapters 8 9 and 10 for your homework” Megan said as the students began to pack their things and walk towards the door

“Steven, can I see you for a minute please” Megan said as Steve and Sandra looked at each other then he stood aside as everyone left the room

“I was wondering if you knew where Emma Jackson and Craig Barnett are” Megan said

“I don’t know Miss” Steve said as Megan looked at him

“Are you sure?” Megan said

“Yes” Steve said

“Alright then, off to your next class” Megan said and Steve began to walk way

“Hey, how is your brother frank doing?” Megan said with a smile

“”Ok” Steve said

“Goo, well next time you speak to him, tell him I said hello” Megan said and smiled

“Ok” Steve said then he walked out of the classroom

“What did she want?” Sandra said

“Asking me where Craig and Emma are” Steve said as Sandra sighed

“Did you tell her anything?” Viv said

“How can I tell her anything when I don’t know myself” Steve said annoyed

“Ok, I was just asking” Viv said as Steve walked away and she looked at Sandra and they walked behind him

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“Lets order a movie” Emma said as she looked at the menu. She had never been to a hotel this fancy before. Craig looked at her as she looked at the menu. So far they had ordered about $20 worth of food and drinks. “Yeah…anything you want” Craig said as he looked at Emma

“Cool” Emma said as she looked up at Craig who  moved closer to her on the bed. Emma turned over the movie menu and just as she was about to say something Craig leaned forward and kissed her. Emma pulled back

“What was that for?” Emma said as Craig looked at her in shock

“ I I I thought you liked me…..you didn’t mind before….I am sorry if youre hurt” Craig said and he moved back as Emma looked at him

“Listen…ill just go..you can watch whatever movie you want, ill pay for it” Craig said and e got up

“Hey” Emma said and she stood up and in front of Craig and looked at him.

“I am really sorry…I should have asked you first” Craig said

“Its ok…its just that nobody has ever asked me if they could kiss me before” Emma said then she smiled and leaned forward and kissed Craig..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly smiled as Christopher ate his sandwich, he was such a happy child..she couldn’t wait until she had her own children with Ben. She had been sitting by the phone hoping that he would call but he hadn’t. Carly sighed

Phone Ringing

Carly ran over to the phone and with excitement picked up the receiver

“Summer Bay caravan park” Carly said quickly hoping to hear Bens voice.

background music- Carlys theme

“You didn’t have the guts to tell me you didn’t want to come” Matt said and Carlys heart sank

“Pippa asked me to babysit” Carly said

“All the times I was there for you Carly…the one time I needed you the most, you don’t even care” Matt said and Carly sighed. She wanted to be angry with him after what happened last night but she couldn’t.

“Its not like that Matt..you don’t understand, I did want to come” Carly was interrupted

“Its always like that with you Carly, you only care about yourself..nothing else” Matt said

“Matt its not like that…listen to me” Carly was interrupted

“I don’t care what you have to say anymore…I don’t even know why I wasted my time loving you when you don’t deserve it…have a nice life” Matt said then he put the phone down

“Matt wait” Carly said but it was too late. Carly sighed as she tried to process what Matt just said. She put the receiver down and heard a noise, when she turned around, Ben was standing at the door with an angry look on his face

Background music ends

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“Sorry” Craig said and got up from the bed

“Its ok…I want to” Emma said and she got up and stood behind Craig.

“No…its not right…I better go” Craig said and he buttoned up his school shirt. As much as he wanted to be intimate with Emma, he just couldn’t

“I thought you liked me” Craig said

“I do…but…I just don’t want to do this” Craig said

“Well, thanks a lot….you bring me here and just dump on me…you wanted to wag school remember” Emma said

“Honestly its not you…im sorry…look don’t worry about anything, Ill pay for the room service and everything…I got to go” Craig said and he rushed out of the room and closed the door as Emma sighed and sat on the bed as she tried to stop herself from crying..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Ben hi…come in” Carly said as her heart beated fast. Ben opened the screen door and walked into the house. Carly walked towards him and smiled

“I am glad you came, I wanted to apologize about last night Carly said as she hugged Ben and smiled

“Why are you apologizing, if you did nothing wrong?” Ben said as he looked at Carly

“I don’t know….its just that I always find a away to make you angry, and I don’t want to mess things up between us” Carly said

“If you don’t want to mess things up then why was you on the phone to Matt?” Ben said

“He called me…I promise. He wanted me to come to the court, but I decided that you are more important so I didn’t and he was a bit upset that’s all” Carly said as she caressed Bens cheek

“Ive heard his name a lot in the past 24 hours” Ben said

“I am sorry…I promise you wont hear it again” Carly said as she kissed Ben on his neck..

“Anything else for you today Donald?” Colleen said as she smiled at Donald

“No, the sandwich and coffee is sufficient” Donald said as he gave Colleen the money

“Not staying to eat here?” Colleen said

“No, I am due in court…as you probably already know” Donald said looking at Colleen

“Yes, that is right…what a terrible thing this business with Alf…I cant believe it” Colleen said as she gave the change to Donald

“Alf of all people, when I heard I couldn’t believe it” Colleen said as Donald looked at her

“Anyway I better get going..thanks” Donald said and he walked out of the diner. Colleen waited for him to leave then she was just about to pick up the phone when it started to ring

“Hello Bayside Diner” Colleen said

“Hi Mrs Smart, its Bobby” Bobby said

“Oh hello Bobby, you just missed your dad…he just left here. He is on his way to the court for Alfs case…terrible business” Colleen said

“Oh right, is Carly there?” Bobby said

“No she isn’t love, do you want something?” Colleen said

“No, ill try  her at the caravan park” Bobby said

“Grant is here” Colleen said

“Ok, can I speak to him” Bobby said

“Grant, Bobby is on the phone” Colleen said as Grant wiped his hands and walked towards the phone

“Hello boss” Grant said and smiled

“Hi, how is everything going? Bobby

“Good, I am doing Mrs Stewarts shift while she is at the court today” Grant said

“Oh right, have you been busy?” Bobby said

“You know, the usual, but having Mrs F in the evening has been great” Grant said

“Yeah, when I get back I need to speak to Carly about getting someone else in, Pippa cant do it for long term” bobby said

“So, when are you coming home, I miss you around the place” Grant said as Colleen pretended to wipe the counter so she could hear the conversation

“I don’t know, maybe Monday, I have lots of school work to do” Bobby said

“You live with a teacher, I can help you get all A’s” Grant said and Bobby giggled

“I have to go now but thanks for helping out” Bobby said

“Youre welcome” Grant said

“Hey, by the way, I haven’t had a chance to talk to Ailsa, how is Alfs case?” Bobby said

“Well, the trial starts today. I think half of Summer Bay are at the courthouse because its been a bit quiet today” Grant said

“Oh right…well, I guess I will see you on Monday” Bobby said

“Alright, miss you…bye” Grant said then he put the phone down and walked back to the kitchen as Colleen stared at him…

Donald sat in his car and ate the sandwich and sighed. He looked at his watch, he had five minutes to eat then he had to get to the court. He felt guilty because he felt that he should be sitting next to Alf in jail. As he bit into his sandwich again he noticed a van park up and a woman get out. She lifted the bonnet as the stemmed came out. Donald looked at his watch, he had a few minutes. He put the sandwich down and opened the car door and walked towards the van

“Hello, I was wondering if I could be of any assistance” Donald said then the woman turned around

“Laura? Good heavens, when did you come back?” Donald said as he looked at Laura with surprise

“I didn’t leave Donald…how are you?” Laura said as Donald looked at her trying to understand what she meant

“Well….I noticed that you might need some help with your car” Donald said

“No thanks, I can manage” Laura said

“Are you sure?” Donald said

“Yes I am” Laura said and looked at Donald

“Alright then..Look at the time…I better get going, I need to go to court” Donald said

“Now what on earth could you have done wrong” Laura said and smirked

“Well, its not about me…its for Alf..yes….he is on trial for something that happened a few years ago..I am sure you remember the Shane Wilson murder.” Donald said

“Yeah” Laura said and her heart sank

“Ok well I will leave you to it…nice to see you” Donald said and he walked away. Laura didn’t respond. She looked at the car engine as the smoke came from it then a tear ran down her cheek..

Chapter 268

Bayside diner- Summer Bay

Background music- Jukebox

She's the heart of the funfair
She's got me whistling a private tune
And it all begins where it ends
And she's all mine, my magic friend

“Hi” Grant looked up to see Megan smiling at him

“G’day…what can I get you” Grant said and smiled

“Just a toasted sandwich to take out thanks” Megan said and she sat on the stool and smiled. She still really liked Grant. Grant looked at Megan. He can admit that he really missed being with her

“Coming up” Grant said and he wrote her order on the notepad and walked into the kitchen

“Its usually really busy right now” Megan said

“Yes, I think half of the town is in Waldorf creek for the court case” Grant said

“So do you have any plans for tonight?” Megan said

“Yeah, I am playing here tonight” Grant said

“Oh right…well I might come back to hear you play” Megan said and smiled as Lance came put some empty glasses on the counter after listening to Grant and Megan

“Hi Lance” Megan said and smiled. Lance looked at her

“G’day” Lance mumbled

“How is Martin doing?” Megan said and Lance looked up at her

“Why do you care…you already moved onto another bloke” Lance said and Megan’s smile disappeared

“Excuse me?” Megan said

“you heard. Sheila’s think they are the only ones with feelings…Martin left because of you,he would’ve done anything for you, even stop spending time with his best mate” Lance said and walked into the kitchen Megan sighed as a little bit of guilt came over her. She looked down at her lap then she looked up and saw Grant looking at her…

She says, "hello, you fool, I love you
C'mon join the joyride"
Join the joyride

She's a flower, I could paint her
She's a child of the sun
We're a part of this together
Could never turn around and run

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I have to go downstairs” Carly said as she buttoned up her top. Her and Ben had just finished being intimate

“Why? The kid is alright, he is probably playing” Ben said as he buttoned his shirt

“Yeah but I am supposed to be looking after him” Carly said and she got up from the bed and walked towards the door then down the stairs. Ben rolled his eyes and followed behind her. When Carly got downstairs she looked around, Christopher wasn’t in the living room she looked around and walked into the kitchen, he sometimes played in the pantry when he wasn’t there, Carly began to panic

“oh no…CHRISTOPHER” Carly said as she frantically rushed towards the stairs

“Whats wrong?” Ben said

“I can’t find Christopher” Carly said as she rushed up the stairs and began opening all the door

“CHRISTOPHER” Carly said as she began to get more worried then she rushed down the stairs to see Ben standing in the living room

“Calm down, he is probably around here somewhere” Ben said and Carly shook her head “No…you don’t understand, I was supposed to be looking after him..Pippa is going to hate me if something has happened to him” Carly said and she wiped a tear from her eye” “…maybe he wondered outside lets go and look” Ben said and Carly nodded as they rushed out of the house.

Court house- Waldorf Creek

Donald looked at all the people seated in the court. He knew three quarters of the faces as they were summer bay residents.

“No further questions” Morag said and she walked back to her seat as the prosecution barrister stood up and walked towards Donald

“Mr Fisher…what is your relationship like now with the accused?” the prosecution barrister said

“Well, I would consider Alf a friend of many years” Donald said confused

“According to the records, he is a little bit more than a friend” the prosecution barrister said

“Well yes, I was married to his sister” Donald said

“According to documents you are familiar with more than one of his sisters” the prosecution barrister said as a few gasps were heard in the court room. Morags heart dropped as Donald looked at her

“Well…um…yes but I don’t understand what that has to do with this case” Donald said

“Well Mr Fisher, since you have very close ties to the  Stewarts, they are practically your family…one can not ignore the fact that as family, you would be willing to fabricate the truth to help your family? the prosecution barrister said

“That is absurd..I have told under oath everything that happened that night” Donald said

“I am sure you gave your ex wife the same explanation” the prosecution barrister said

“OBJECTION” Morag said and stood up

“Overruled…do you have a point to this” The judge said as he looked at Morag

“My point your honour is that Mr Fisher has proven to not be very credible where the Stewarts are concerned and that appears to be there case here, lying to protect his brother in law and his lover’s case” the prosecution barrister said

“OBJECTION” Morag said and stood up again and held onto the table as she felt faint

“No further questions” the prosecution barrister said and looked at Donald and smiled and had that same smile on his face as he looked at Morag.

High School- Summer Bay

Debra stared at the photo in her hand…she couldn’t believe that of all the places…she ended up here…where he lived. She sighed then she heard the students walking into the classroom and quickly put the photo in her pocket and stood up.

“ Come on hurry up and settle down, the bell rang one minute ago” Debra said as she looked at the students taking time to sit down

“I SAID SETTLE DONE, THE BELL RANG ONE MINUTE AGO” Debra said and the class became silent as they stared at her. Craig walked into the classroom

“WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING?” Debra said as Craig froze.

“To my seat Mrs Lawrence” Craig said

“YOU ARE LATE, GET OUT” Debra said and she looked at Craig who sighed then he walked out of the classroom as the other students watched him.

“Now, put your books away, we are going to have a quiz” Debra said as the students looked at each other…

Emotional background music

Emma closed the door behind her and sighed. The day had been wasted and it was too late to go to school. She walked over to the couch and sat down as she thought of something to say to her Aunt about why she wasn't at school. She stared at the table in front of her then she stared at the phone and got up and walked over to it. She stood for a few seconds thinking about what she was going to do then inhaled and exhaled and picked up the receiver and began to dial. As the phone rang, her heart beat fast

“Hello” the voice said

“Mum…its me” Emma said as a tear ran down her cheek. Just as Emma was about to say something else she heard the person on the other end put the phone down

“Hello?...Mum?” Emma said then she looked at the receiver and put it down then walked back over to the couch and began to cry..

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“CHRISTOPHER” Carly said as she ran around the caravan park while wiping the tears from her face. She didn’t know how she was going to tell Pippa that something happened to Christopher

“CHRISTOPHER” Carly said and she ran back towards the house as she saw Ben going in the same direction

“Ben, what am I going to do? What if something has happened to him” Carly said as she began to cry

Laura turned the radio off, she didn’t really listen to music anymore and tried to stay away from what was going on in the world. She sighed as she remembered the conversation she had with Donald.It had been many years since she had last seen him…or many of the people in Summer Bay. As Laura drove, she saw something from the corner of her eye and began to slow down. As she got closer…she noticed that it was a little child..all alone. She didn’t want to frighten him so she stopped her car a little distance from him and got out of the car. As she slowly walked towards him, her heart beat faster. She stopped in front of Christopher and bent down

“Hello” Laura said as she smiled at the little boy. He looked perfect

“Herro” Christopher said and Laura smiled. For the first time…she smiled

“What is your name?” Laura said

“Chritofa” Christopher said

“Christopher?...that is a nice name” Laura said and she looked around..this was her chance...again

“Where is your mummy Christopher?” Laura said as a tear fell down her cheek and smiled

“Mummy gone” Christopher said as Laura looked around. Her heart beat fast as she looked at Christopher

“Should we go and look for her?” Laura said and she put her hand out to Christopher as he took hold of her hand and they began to walk to her car….

Sorry for the delay...thanks for reading. I really am excited for you to read what I have planned!

Chapter 269

And what have I learned 
From all this pain 
I thought I'd never feel the same 
About anyone 
Or anything again

“That was great” Megan said and she wiped her mouth with a napkin and put some money on the table.

Grant wiped the counter and smiled

“Are you working tonight?” Megan said and Grant nodded

“I guess I will see you tonight then” Megan said and she smiled then got up from the stool. Before she walked away, she looked at Lance who gave her a mean look then she walked way. Grant looked at Lance who was putting clean cups next to the coffee pot

But now I know 
When you find your love 
When you know that it exists 
Then the lover that you miss 
Will come to you on those cold, cold nights

“Lance is everything alright?” Grant said as he looked at Lance

“Yeah” Lance said

“I heard what you said to Megan” Grant said

“So?” Lance said

“It was a bit harsh mate” Grant said

“Marty left because she gave him the run around..Sheila’s are all the same” Lance said and walked away as Grant looked at him

But now I know 
When you find your love 

Waldorf Creek Court- Waldorf creek

I said cover your head you idiot” Al said through clenched teeth as he pulled his hand back from the back seat

“I cant wait until I get my money and get rid of you, you useless fool and if you try to run away, I am going to find you and kill you” Al said and then he closed the door of the hot car. The door closing made Sophie jumped. She tried to move but her side was hurting from the punch she just got. She opened a bit of space so she could get some air because she was really hot. She could hear people walking around outside but her dad said he would kill her if she tried to escape and she wanted Bobby to buy her an icecream. A tea ran down her cheek as she thought about how life would be living with Bobby…

When you've been loved 
When you know it holds such bliss 
Then the lover that you kissed 
Will comfort you when there's no hope in sight

“There you are Mr Simpson, ready for your testimony?” The prosecution barrister said

“I am a bit nervous” Al said

“You will be fine…just tell the truth and this will be all over soon” The prosecution barrister said

“Sorry to ask, but the other solicitor said there will be a reward for me coming forward…is that still the case? I mean I woulde come forward anyway but you know money is tight now and every little helps” Al said

“Yes, the reward money is still there…thank you so much for coming forward. Once we convict Alf Stewart, I will make sure the money is wired to your bank” The prosecution barrister said

“Thank thank you” Al said and when the The prosecution barrister turned around Alf smiled to himself

But now I know 
When you find your love 

Matt sighed as he stared into his coffee cup. He looked up when he felt someone sit next to him

“G’day Mrs Fletcher” Matt said as Pippa sighed

“How are you?” Pippa said and Matt shrugged his shoulders

“So your parents decided not to come” Pippa said

“Yeah,  they still haven’t accepted that Shane is gone..I don’t think they want to go through this trial” Matt said

“I am really sorry about all this “ Pippa said and she put her arm on Matts. He looked at it then looked at Pippa

“Thank you” Matt said and he sighed

“I saw Carly last night and asked her to come…just for support..I guess she didn’t want to” Matt said

“Sorry, I didn’t know. I asked her to look after Christopher” Pippa said

When you've been loved 

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“CHRISTOPHER” Carly shouted as she ran through the trees and looked around

“CHRISTOPHER” Carly said again as she wiped tears from her eyes. She couldn’t believe that this was happening. How was she going to explain herself to Pippa?

Sadness 
In my eyes 
No one guessed 
Or no one tried 
You smiled at me 
Like Jesus to a child

“CHRISTOPHER” Ben said then he rolled his eyes and looked at his watch. He didn’t even know why he agreed to look for the little boy. He had to leave soon to go and see Marilyn

Sadness 
In my eyes 
No one guessed 
Or no one tried 
You smiled at me 
Like Jesus to a child

Laura smiled to herself as she made sure that Christopher was secure in the backseat. Before she closed the door she looked at him. He had a toy in his hand and was smiling at it. Laura felt butterflies in her stomach..this was her second chance. She closed the door securely and walked to the drivers door and opened it. Laura sat down and looked back at Christopher. He was still smiling and her heart beated fast…she wanted to get him home…make him some lunch then he could play in the garden.

And what have I learned 
From all these tears 
I've waited for you all those years 
And just when it began 
He took you away

Morag drank some water and put it on the desk. She was feeling really warm

“Morag” Morag turned around to see Donald standing behind her

“I wasn’t expecting the barrister to bring up….you know” Donald said

“Well, they might as well since their case is failing” Morag said and smiled as Donald looked at her

“I also want to say…about the other night…I am sorry…I” Donald was interrupted

“Its fine Donald” Morag said hoping Donald will just go away

“Its..its not fine..I took advantage of you because I needed comfort”  Donald said

“It wasn’t the first time Donald..Im a big girl, I knew what was going on..you don’t need to apologize” Morag said then she drank some more water as Donald looked at her and felt guilty

But I still say 
When you find love 

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Laura smiled at Christopher who played in the back then she turned around and tried to start the engine of the car. She tried it a few times but it wouldn’t start. She got out of the car and opened the hood and looked in to see what might be the problem. She touched a few things then walked to the driver door and put her hand in the open window space and turned the engine, it started. Laura put the hood down and wiped her hands on her overalls and walked back to the car. She got in, put her seat belt on and just as she was about to drive off, the engine stopped again

When you've been loved 

Ben caught up to Carly who was crying “Maybe you should call the police” Ben said

“NO..no police..I will find him…just please help me look. He has to be around here somewhere” Carly said and ran off

“CHRISTOPHER”  Carly said as Ben rolled his eyes and looked at his watch

So the words you could not say 
I'll sing them for you 
And the love we would have made 
I'll make it for two

“Stupid car” Laura said as she put the hood of the car down again then sat down in the car and closed the door. She looked behind her as she heard Christopher laughing. He was in his own little world…as if he was talking to someone that Laura couldn’t see.

“Baby” Christopher said and laughed as Laura looked at him. He looked really engaged in conversation with someone. Laura smiled then turned around

“CHRISTOPHER” Laura froze when she heard someone shout for Christopher. Her heart began to beat fast as she revved the engine off the car and took the hand break off but the car wouldn’t move..Laura tried again but the car wouldn’t move. It felt as if someone was pushing on the car preventing it from moving forward.

“CHRISTOPHER” Laura heard again as her heart beat fast

“Mama” Christopher said and Laura sighed and finally realized what she was doing….what she was about to do. She suddently felt guilty…this wasn’t her secnd chance…this wasn’t her son….she had no right to take him

“Baby” Christopher said and giggled in the back seat as a tear ran down lauras cheek

For every single memory 
Has become a part of me 
You will always be 
My love

“No further questions” The prosecution barrister said as he smiled at Al and Morag who got up and walked towards Al

“Mr Simpson, where do you live?” Morag said

“I have nowhere permanent right now but I am hoping that changes” Al said

“Are you referring to the reward money you will get when Mr Stewart is convicted?” Morag said

“No, I am referring to finally beign free of this secret I was carrying so I can start a new life” Al said and he smiled at Morag

“Intersting…so tell me Mr Simpson, what took you so long to come forward with what you saw that night” Morag said

“I didn’t know how to” Al said

“What you really mean is you were in prison for an attempted bank robbery” Morag said

“OBJECTION! Your honour, Mr Simpsons criminal record is not the subject of this case” The prosecution barrister said

“I agree, overruled. Change the line of questioning” The judge said as he looked at Morag

“Surely your honour, Mr Simpson serving a sentence should be taken into consideration since we are assuming he is a credible withness” Morag said

“OBJECTION” The prosecution barrister said

“Overruled. Move on” The judge said as he and Morgan looked at each other

“Fine…Mr Simpson..What was you doing at Stewarts point the night of the accident?” Morag said

“ I was doing some odd jobs for a family that live by there, I went to collect my wages..you know, to take care of my wife and daughter” Al said and smiled at Morag who felt uncomfortable when the subject of Bobby came up again

“While you were up there, did you see Shane Wilson?” Morag said

“Yes I did” Al said

“Did you by any chance talk to him?” Morag said

“Yes, I asked him what he was doing up there” Al said

“What was his response?” Morag said

“He said he was waiting for somebody” Al said and shrugged his shoulders

“Wouldn’t you say it was an odd time of night for him to be up there?” Morag said

“Hey, I am not his dad, I don’t care what he does” Al said

“Interesting answer..I would’ve thought a respectable member of the community would take an interest in the children in the community” Morag said and smiled which irritated Al

“Like I said, I had to get my wages and go home to my wife and daughter” Al said and he noticed Morag stop smiling

“Mr Simpson…I don’t believe you saw Shane that night” Morag said

“How do you know, you wasn’t there” Al said almost annoyed

“Well I spoke to the residents of the houses by stewarts point and mounts point and none of them mentioned anything about reciving any visitors that night” Morag said and she smiled at Al then at The prosecution barrister.

“Because I told the person I worked for not to say anything” Al said frustrated

“Oh? Why is that?” Morag said with a forced look of concern on her face

“Well I was getting some money for being unemployed at the time and I didn’t I didn’t want the government to know…besides..the money you sent for the upskeep of your daughter I was fostering wasn’t enough to take care of her” Al said as people in the court room gasped and began to whisper. Morag looked at Al who sat back in his chair and smiled at Morag who turned white as a sheet..

For every single memory 
Has become a part of me 
You will always be 
My love

“CHRISTOPHER”  Laura heard again as she stared at the steering wheel as tears ran down her cheeks.

Flashback

Doctor – Im sorry the baby was born still born

Laura- Please…please do something..he was kicking me…please

Doctor- Im sorry, its too late

Flashback ends

Laura cried as images of that night flashed before her..her husband working on the car…then she turned to look at Christopher who was looking at her confused

“Don’t cry” Christopher said and Laura smiled and wiped her face. She inhaled deeply then exhaled then got out of the car. Christopher looked at her as she opened the back door and took him out of the seat and put him on the ground

“Toy” Christopher said and ponted to the car. Laura reached into the back seat and picked up the toy that Frank sent to Christopher and gave it to him

“Tank you” Christoher said and Laura smiled and wiped her face.

“CHRISTOPHER” Laura heard again and exhaled as she walked towards where she found Christopher and the direction where the shouting of his name was coming from

Well, I've been loved 
So I know just what love is 
And the lover that I kissed 
Is always by my side

“CHRISTOPHER”  Laura could hear the person calling coming nearer. Laura wiped her faced again and exhaled

“I FOUND HIM” Laura said then she heard some running then a young woman who was familiar appeared

“CHRISTOPHER” Carly said and rushed toeards him and picked Christopher up and hugged him tightly as Ben walked behind her

“I found him wondering just by here” Laura said and smiled

“Thank you so much, I was just in the garden and he must have slipped away when I turned my back” Carly said as she looked at Christopher to make sure he was ok

“Is he your son?” Laura said

“No, my little brother” Carly said and she hugged Christopher

“Well he is safe now” Laura said

“Thank you very much, I don’t know how to repay you? My family own the caravan park, would you like to have a coffee or something? Carly said

“No thanks, I better be going” Laura said

“Please…wait…my sister owns the bayside diner…anytime you want anything its on the house” Carly said

“Who is your sister? Laura said curiously

“Bobby Simpson…” Carly said

“Anything you want…anytime” Carly said

“Thanks” Carly said

“I am glad you were passing by…I am surprised anyone is around…everyone is at the court in Waldorf Creek” Carly said

“Really?” Laura said

“Yeah, one of the locals,  Alf Stewart is on trial for accidently shooting one of the kids a few years ago” Carly said and Lauras heart jumped as she was reminded again of that night

“Well I better get going” Laura said

“Sorry, I didn’t ask your name” Carly said

“Laura” Laura said and smiled then she walked towards her car and got in. She closed the door and looked at Carly hugging Christopher then she sighed and started the engine which started perfectly and drove down the road. She got to the traffic light and indicated left

Flashback

Alf- No you go quickly..you don’t have time

Dave- Thanks mate

Laura- Come on Dave or ill have this baby in the car

Dave- Thanks Alf

Flashback ends

Laura looked up as the traffic light turned green. She still stared at the steering wheel as a car blew its horn behind her. Laura exhaled  then she changed the indicator from left to  right and drove until she saw the sign for Waldorf Creek…

Oh, the lover I still miss 
Was Jesus to a child

Background music ends

Chapter 270

High School – Summer bay

Lucinda stared at the photo and smiled. It was a photo of her Ruth, Matt and Shane at the beach. Lucinda smiled as she remembered how Matt and Shane splashed her and Ruth with water. Lucindas smile slowly disappeared as she thought about Shane and all the plans they made. Even though they were both young, they knew they wanted to be together forever until forver ended for Shane. A tear formed in Lucindas eye and she wiped her eye with the back of the hand and looked at the clock. She initially decline her uncles offer to be excused to attend the trial, she didn’t know how she could look her Uncle Alf in the eye for what he did.. taking her love away but now she wanted to be there…see her uncle explain why he did that..

“Lucinda” Lucinda jumped when she heard her name mentioned and put the photo she was holding down. She looked up to see Ms Lawrence standing in fromt of her.

“I need this letter typed up and since you live with Mr Fisher, please have him review this and sign for tomorrow morning” Debra said

“Yes Ms Lawrence..umm Ms Lawrence” Lucinda said and Debra turned around

“Is it possible for me to leave early?” Lucinda said

“Are you ill?” Debra said

“No” Lucinda said

“Then no, you cant leave early” Debra said

“Its just that..” Lucinda was interrupted

“What?” Debra said

“Nothing” Lucinda said and faked a smile as Debra looked at her and walked out of the office.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly looked at Christopher fast asleep in his cot holding tight to the toy that Frank gave him. Carly sighed then slowly closed the bedroom door and walked downstairs. Ben put the phone down as he heard Carly coming down the stairs.

“Chris is fast asleep” Carly said

“I guess going missing makes you tired” Ben said and laughed

“Its not funny Ben, he could have been kidnapped of hurt” Carly said

“I was only joking besides he is fine now” Ben said and walked up to Carly and stood in front of her and kissed her neck

Carly turned away, she was still upset about Christopher going missing

“I said I was joking, lighten up” Ben said

“I know, but I still shouldn’t have left him alone” Carly said

“So are you saying this is my fault” Ben said

“No, I didn’t say that” Carly said

“So what are you saying?” Ben said

“Nothing, never mind. .Like you said Chris is alright now” Carly said and she put her arms around Ben and rested her head on his chest

“No, I want to know what you meant” Ben said and removed Carlys arms

“I meant nothing, honestly lets just forget it” Carly and she put her arms around Ben again. He didn’t move but she could hear him breathing heavily…

Morgan residence- New York

Background music- Have you ever been alone theme

Roo closed the door behind her and walked into the kitchen with the bags, almost tripping over her suitcase.. She managed to get an earlier flight home. She normally took a late flight so she could avoid Frank but she felt that she had to make the effort.  Roo smiled as she took the items she bought out of the bags and put them on the counter. She was smiling because her and Frank had a good conversation and she was here and was going to make dinner for them…they were going to be a family tonight like they were supposed to be.

Macklin Office- Manhattan

Frank pressed 1 as he got into the elevator and watched the doors close. It had been a long day but now he was going home. Frank sighed as he thought about the conversation, he and Roo had it was better than other conversations they had…she was making an effort. Frank looked at the two envelopes in his hand then looked up as the elevator door opened. Frank walked towards the exit as he said goodnight to a few people that he saw. When he stepped out of the building the weather was cool but not too cold and walked in the direction of the station. Frank waited at the traffic light then he crossed the road and walked towards the post box and stood in front of it. Frank looked at the two envelopes in his hand. Two letters he wrote to two important people in his life. One was folded neatly in an envelope while the other wore the scars of envy and jealousy  been ripped and put back together again. Frank looked at both letters as he opened the entrance of the post box. Frank smiled then put one of the letters into mail box. He looked at the other envelope

Flashback

Frank -No worries, I can transfer you over

Brett -I heard you are doing really well. Thanks for your help handling the Anderson account. I was just telling Bobby the other night when she stayed over how well you are doing in our New York Office” Brett said as Franks heart dropped

Frank -That’s what I am paid for..anyway ill transfer you over

Flashback ends

Frank put the envelope in his hand  up to his face and he closed his eyes and exhaled then he looked at it then folded it into two and put it into his bag and signed as he walked towards the station to go home…home..to his wife…

Background music ends

Barnett residence- Summer Bay

Emotional background music

Craig sighed as he let himself into the house. He walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge and took out a can off coke. He walked out of the kitchen and towards his bedroom. Once inside he closed the door behind him and locked it. Even though his dad and cousin were at work, he wanted some privacy. Craig sighed as he put his bag on the floor and sat on his bed. He didnt even want the coke now that he had it. He tossed the can on the bed and sighed. He had never skipped school before. He didn’t know how he was going to tell his Dad what he did. Craig signed again then lay back on his bed and stared at the ceiling as he remembered what happened in the hotel room with Emma. .He felt guilty for what he was going to do..what he did to her. He did like her…but he didn’t know what he wanted to do..well..he did know what he wanted to do but he knew it was wrong…the way he was feeling was wrong. Craig sighed as he staired at the light bulb. His mind drifted to the sands resort..to the last time he was alone with Jonathan…when Jonathan stood close to him…that time where Jonathans breath tickled his neck….that time when he felt his body feel those feelings he felt before..Craig exhaled then inhaled as he unbuttoned his trousers and allowed his hand to take him to a place of ecstasy…

Emma wiped the tears from her eyes and put the bottle of vodka up to her mouth and drank some. She swallowed and squeezed her eyes shut at the liquid burned the back of her through as it went down. Emma wiped her mouth with the back of her hand then she put the top on the bottle and lay down on her bed and cried…

High School – Summer Bay

Steve stared at the blackboard. He could hear Ms Woods speaking…he could see her moving but wasn’t listening to what she was saying. He was thinking about the letter he wrote to his Aunt....he was thinking about seeing Mrs Bellingham…he was thinking about Bobby lying on the floor unconscious…he was thinking about the promise he made to Frank. Steve sighed as he was overcome with guilt…

Lucinda typed the letter she was given by Ms Lawrence. Before she got to the end, she stopped typing and sighed. She took the photo out of her pocket and stared at it. Shane was gone, but at least she still had Matt. Lucinda smiled and put the photo back in her pocket and continued to type..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly sat down on the couch. She put the two tablets in her mouth and drank some water from the glass she was holding and put the glass down on the table next to the couch. She picked up the hot water bottle next to her and tightened the top then she rested her head on the arm of the chair and folded her legs into the chair. Carly rested the hot water bottle on her stomach and closed her eyes. She was only in a little bit of pain.. but it was her fault for making Ben punch her in the stomach. She should’ve thought before she opened her mouth…it was her fault that Chris wandered off, it wasn’t Bens. Carly sighed  pressed the hot water bottle on her stomach and thought about what she could do to make it up to Ben…

Beauty School- Yabbie Creek

“Ben what are you doing here” Marilyn said as she rushed over to Bens car. She finished her last class for the day and was on her way home.

“I missed you and wanted to see you this weekend” Ben said and smiled as Marilyn got into the passenger seat of his car. Marilyn leaned over and kissed Ben and smiled

“I am sooo happy that you are here…ive been thinking about you all day” Marilyn said as Ben began to drive

“Yeah, ive been thinking about you too” Ben said and smiled to himself..

Waldorf creek court- Waldorf creek

Matt listened to the  prosecution barrister speak but he wasn’t listening to what he was saying. He looked over to his left and stared at Alf Stewart…the murder. Alf had his head down he culdnt even look at him Matt thought to himself. Matt looked down at his lap and sighed. He was still upset about the phone call he had with Carly. He gave her chance after chance after chance. She was the first girl he fell in love with. He thought that finally she was different..that they would make a go of things but he was wrong.

A car door closing frightened Sophie. She put the cover over her head hoping that nobody saw her. She wanted to look out of the window…just to see if maybe she could see someone who would take her to see Bobby. Sophie wiped the tear that fell down her cheek then she closed her eyes and thought about how life would be if Bobby was her mum…

Laura closed the car door and looked at the court building. As she drove, she thought about everything that happened that night..she thought about the consequences…she thought about how she didn’t talk about that night when she got home from hospital…She thought about the love of her life and him not being with her.. Laura sighed then she wiped the tear from her eye and walked towards the court..

Background music ends.

Comments

Archived