Homecoming Part 2

Chapter 225 part 2

Background music continues

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

Donald drank the drop of whiskey in the glass and put the glass on the table in front of him and sat back on the couch. He picked up the cheque book next to him and looked at the amount written on the carbon copy $500. $500, the cost to keep a secret that would ruin his life

Summer Bay

Al patted the front pocket of his shirt with one hand as he drove. He smiled then laughed at how scared Donald was. Al then looked at Sophie who was asleep in the passenger seat. He couldn’t wait to get rid of her, but first he still had to get what hw was owed from Bobby and Sophie was going to help

Newton Residence- Newcastle

“Viv” Tammy said and gently shook Viv

“Hmm?” Viv said as she tossed and turned

“Did you post the letter?” Tammy said

“Yeah” Viv said. They had written a letter to Grant to tell them that their mum was still being mean and she lied

“When will Grant get it?” Tammy said

“Tomorrow I think…now try and sleep” Viv said and Tammy pulled the cover over her and closed her eyes..

Mitchell/Woods Residence

Grant put the last of his things in a box. Since the rumour came out about him, the estate agent felt it was necessary to terminate his lease. It was perfect timing since he wasn’t going to be able to afford the rent anyway. Bobby was going to let him crash at her place as a favour until he got on his feet. Grant smiled. He really liked Bobby. Grant walked over to the desk and picked up a pile of papers and some letters. Grant dropped a few but continued to walk, they were probably bills anyway .Grant put the papers and letters in the rubbish bin, walked to his room, laid on the bed and tried to get to sleep

Background music ends

Cameron Residence- Summer Bay

Emma opened her eyes. She rubbed then and sighed they she looked around a began to panic when she realized she was not at home. Emma quietly got out of the bed and began to grab her things, hoping not to wake Adam she tiptoed to the door

“Hey, were are you going” Emma jumped and sighed then turned around and smiled

“I got a lot on today” Emma said

“Oh right, so when can I see you again?” Adam said. He had a great night with Emma. She was not like Lucinda, she was more fun

“I dunno” Emma said and she looked at her watch. She had to get home before her aunt woke up

“Give me your number, ill call you” Adam said as he fished around in his draw for a pen and paper

“I don’t have a phone yet, I just got here Emma said

“Ok, how about we meet tonight in the same spot around 8?” Adam said

“Yeah ok, I got to go” Emma said and she smiled. She rushed out of the boat as she quickly as she could. She couldn’t remember the way back to the house but she was hoping she would find someone to tell her.

Three days later

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Grant put the last box on the desk in his room and looked around. Bobby was gracious enough to let him crash at her place until he got himself together. He was really grateful for their friendship, When he walked out of the room, he saw Bobby standing by the counter, deep in thought

Flashback

Imogen -So I will be sending over  your flight itinerary and you will pick up your tickets at the airport

Bobby- Imogen, I am not sure if I can go to New York, I just started Uni, I have a lot of work to do

Imogen- Roberta this is a great opportunity for you and for the council. We have never received this amount of publicity..ever

Bobby – I know but..maybe I can go to another place in America

Imogen- Unfortunately no. Its only for two days…You will have a really good time. The TV station have set  you up in a nice hotel, and after you have done the interviews, you get to explore New York…maybe find a handsome boyfriend, I hear American men love accents

Bobby – I have to go Imogen, ill let you know when I get the fax

Flashback ends

Bobby sighed then she looked around the kitchen. This was supposed to be the place where she was going to cook for her Frank and Tom. This is where she was going to have Sunday dinner with Pippa, Sally, Steve, Chris, Carly and Reverend Jones.

“Sorry to interrupt Bobby jumped when she heard Grants voice and turned around

“Its fine” Bobby said and smiled

“I cant thank you enough for letting me live her. I promise as soon as I get some work, I will start paying full rent” Grant said

“Sure, no worries” Bobby said and turns around to look at the sink

“This place is fantastic, much nicer than the flat I was in” Grant said and Bobby smiled

“Are you alright?” Grant said  and Bobby turned around

“Yeah, why?” Bobby said

“Its just that you are a bit quiet” Grant said as Bobby lifted herself up and sat on the counter and looked around

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“In two weeks I am going on a trip to New York. One of the TV stations there picked up my story about being the first female to win Business person of the year” Bobby said

“That’s great…. what’s not to be happy about that?” Grant said confused

“Toms father lives in New York with his wife” Bobby said and looked down at her shoes

“Oh” Grant said and walked over and leaned on the counter opposite Bobby

“New York is big, you probably wont see him” Grant said

“Yeah I know but I just want that chapter closed..every time I think it has, it opens up again…..I start thinking of things that have past…its one of the reasons why I cant live in this place…my grandma brought it for me and Frank as a wedding present” Bobby said and Grant looked at her.

“I dont mean to offend you and I will understand if you kick me out, but do you want to really close the chapter of your life?” Grant said and Bobby looked up at him and sighed

“I think about Frank, Tom, what could’ve been all the time. Then I think about the day he told me he was leaving me and that his current wife is who he really loved all along , I feel bad for even thinking about him still” Bobby said and Grant went and stood next to her and put his arm around her shoulder

“Maybe you shouldnt fight how you feel” Grant said

“What do you mean?” Bobby said

“It seems to me that the more you fight it, the  more it stays in your life” Grant said.

“It’s the hurt you know, it just doesn't go away. Knowing that he never really wanted me” Bobby said

“Says a lot about you and the person you are, telling his wife to go after him” Grant said and Bobby sighed

“ I still want him to be happy, like I felt I needed to give my blessing so that he could be happy” Bobby said

“Maybe you should change your thinking. When you do think of him, accept that is how you feel, regardless of the how it ended and let it naturally pass” Grant said as Bobby thought about it

“Yeah, you are right…maybe one day it will all end” Bobby said

“Besides, Mr Right might be waiting around the corner and it will be difficult to see him if you still fighting the feelings about your ex” Grant said and Bobby smiled as Grant squeezed her shoulders.

"I don't think so..." Bobby said and sighed

Background music ends

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Chapter 226

One week later

Sands resort-  Summer Bay

Craig folded the last of the towels in the housekeeping closet. He really enjoyed his part time job at the result. He was getting paid next week and thought about the new pair of running shoes he was going to buy. Since what happened a few years ago, when he was training with the power pack and almost dying, he gave up running, but seeing Mr Samuels back in Summer Bay, he wanted to prove him wrong and get back to running again. As Craig checked finished on his inventory list he heard the door open. He turned around to walk towards the door when he was met with the smiling face of the banquet manager

“What you saw the other day, did you tell anyone?” Jonathan said as he referred to Craig catching him and one of the waiters being intimate.

“Noo…nooo, I didn’t say anything” Craig said as his heart beat faster. He didn’t want to get into trouble or lose his job

“Good” Jonathan said and smiled  then he walked up to Craig and stood right in front of him

“Did you like what you saw?” Jonathan said and Craig felt like he was going to faint. His tongue was tied and he couldn’t make a sound. He felt like he was going to urinate on himself

“Excuse me” Craig said and rushed out of the housekeeping closet while Jonathan smiled

Caravan Park – Summer Bay

Background music- Carly’s theme

Carly sighed as she put the bags on the floor and flopped onto Bobbys bed. Bobby smiled and shook her head. She didn’t know much about fashion and asked Carly to go with her to the Yabbie Creek “Thanks for coming with me” Bobby said as she picked up the bags from the floor and put them on the bed. “ I am so jealous, I wish it was me. Its no fair, you always get to do awesome things” Carly said and punched and kicked the bed with her arms and legs as Bobby smiled

“New York is like the fashion capital of the world, all those rich people and clubs.” Carly said and she put a pillow on her face and screamed into it as Bobby laughed

“I think I might have to take some of this stuff back, I brought too many things” Bobby said as she took out some sexy jeans and a halter top that Carly insists she buy

“No, you cant take that back, you have to take it with you. Just incase you meet some guy and he asks you to go out to a trendy club…I wish it was me…I wish I can go and see Frank, I really miss him” Carly said as she sat up on rested her elbow on the bed then she laid back down again then immediately sat up

“Sorry…I didn’t mean to” Carly was interrupted

“Its ok” Bobby said and she exhaled and put the clothes back into the bag and made a note to return them back to the store the next time she was in the Yabbie Creek

“Do you think you will see…Frank when you go?” Carly said as she looked at Bobby

“No, I probably won’t have any time anyway, the council have booked some things for me to do and I am only going to be ther for two days anyway” Bobby said trying her hardest to smile as she looked at Carly then put some of the contents in the bags on the chair as Carly watched her

“Anyway, I got the menu ready for the Diner after dark. I just need to go over a few things. I want to keeo it simple to start with and see how it goes” Bobby said

“Bobby, thank you for the opportunity. It just seems like yesterday that things were not going great for either of us and look at us now, you are business woman of the year and I am going to be a manager and to top it all, I have a great boyfriend who truly loves me. I really am the happiest I have ever been” Carly said as Bobby nodded and smiled

“Who knows, maybe this time next year we might be getting married and having babies” Carly said and Bobby smiled and shook her head

“Life is just perfect” Carly said and hugged the pillow and smiled to herself as she thought about Ben and how much he loved her…

Chambers Residence- Yabbie Creek

“Ben don’t, I cant breathe” Marilyn said as Ben had his hands around her throat choking her

“Ben, I cant breathe, I am sorry” Marilyn said as she felt Ben squeeze tighter. Ben squeezed Marilyns throat a little tighter then suddenly let go. Marilyn put her hands around her throat and began to cough. Ben laid back on the bed and threw the bridal magazine on the floor as Marilyn patted her chest and still coughed

“You keep making me do that” Ben said as he looked at Marilyn who struggled to breathe. Ben got up off the bed and picked up his shirt that was on the floor

“I am sorry” Marilyn said between coughs

“I don’t know why I keep wasting my time with you” Ben said as he put his shirt on and buttoned it up. Marilyn had on ehand on her chest and walked over to where Ben was standing

“I am sorry…I just love you so much and thinking about the future that’s all” Marilyn said

“That is my job not yours” Ben said

“Ok, I am sorry…please don’t go” Marilyn said as she coughed once more and Ben sighed as Marilyn kissed his neck…

Stewart/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

Celia heard the front door close and she sat up in the bed and adjusted her dressing gown so that the lace on the hem of her night dressed showed. Celia pushed her hair behind her ear and quickly sprayed some perfume and put the bottle down on the bedside table. Celia smiled to herself as she looked at the massage lotion then she looked at the door and waited for Michael. Celia could hear him washing up in the bathroom so she took of her dressing gown and angled herself on the bed to look sexy. As Celia waited, she got colder.

Michael wasn’t coming to the bedroom. Celia frowned then got up out of bed and put her dressing gown on and slowly walked towards the bedroom door. Celia sighed when she got to the living room. Micahel had fallen asleep on the couch. Celia sighed, turned the light off and went back to bed

Background music ends

The Bistro- The City

“Narelle, put the report in for the grog order” Matt said as he wrote some notes on a clipboard. He looked up from his notes to see Narelle repeatedly wiping the counter and daydreaming”

“Narelle” Matt said and Narelle jumped

“Sorry, what did you say” Narelle said as she stopped wiping the counter

“put the report in for the grog order” Matt said and he walked over to check the tills for change

“Are you ok?” Narelle said as she walked behind Matt

“Yeah, why?” Matt said

“Nothing, its just like you are a bit upset about something” Narelle said and Matt sighed

“Lucinda, the girl who was here the other day, Bobbys cousin?” Matt said

“Yeah, right?” Narelle said

“She used to be my older brothers girlfriend when we were kids” Matt said

“You never told me you had a brother, when can I meet him?” Narelle said

“I thought you liked Mr Samuels?” Matt said

“I do but a girl should always have options” Narelle said with a smile. Matt was cute, his brother must be a spunk, Narlle thought to herself

“Well that’s not going to be an option..My brother died 16 years ago” Matt said

“Gee, sorry” Narelle said surprised

“Thanks” Matt said

“What happened to him?” Narelle said

“He was killed or it was an accident…I don’t really know” Matt said

“I don’t understand” Narelle said confused

“My parents never really said..I don’t think they really know…just seeing Lucinda brings back all the memories…like it happened yesterday. I wish I knew what happened, then maybe it would be easy to understand why it had to be him” Matt said and sighed as Narelle put her arm on his to comfort him

Surry Hills Australia

Emotional background music

“Shhh” Al Put his finger up to his mouth then he adjusted his jeans. He just finished being intimate in the front seat  with Lyla a prostitute/ex  girlfriend while Sophie was fast asleep in the truck. Lyla giggled quietly as Al pulled up his zip

“Hmmm Al, you are an amazing man” Lyla said as she pulled her up underwear and leaned forward to kiss Al.. Al put his hand in his pocket and took out $50 and gave it to her

“Where did you get this from? you never have any money” Lyla said as she looked at he money

“Don’t you worry where I got that from” Al said as he smiled to himself

“Did you rob a bank or something” Lyla said as she looked at Al who smiled

“Al, are you serious?” Lyla said concerned

“Relax..I got the money fair dinkum, and I will be getting some more very soon” Al said and smiled then he leaned forward and began to kiss…

Donald sighed then he drank some of the whiskey in his glass. He turned over the page in the photo album. He smiled as he looked at Photos of himself, Alf and his brother Clive after they went hunting. Donald drank some more of his whiskey and he turned the page over and slowly the smiled on his face disappeared as he stared at a photo. His eyes immediately focus on one person in the photo and all the memories came flooding back. Donald exhaled then he got up and walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver. He dialed a very familiar number and waited as the number rang

“Its Donald…we need to talk” Donald said as his older brother Clive answered the phone

Background music ends

Chapter 227

Newton Residence- NewCastle

Tammy opened her eyes and wiped her face. Grant hadn’t come for them. Tammy quietly got out of the bed and walked over to the window and clasped her hands together. She winced in pain as the movement triggered her already hurt arm. Tammy sighed and closed her eyes

“Dear God, please send Grant to come and get us. Amen” Tammy said quietly and walked back to the bed, got in and pulled the covers over her and quietly cried

Wilson Residence- The City

Flashback

Shane- So, what was it like?

Matt- Alright I guess

Shane – Just alright? That was the first time you kissed a girl

Matt- Yeah I know but I don’t know if I like Roo that much anymore

Shane- Why not?

Matt- Shes always talking about celebrities and make up and stuff

Shane- She is girl, what do you expect her to talk about?

Matt- I dunno

Flashback ends

Matt lay on his back on his bed and smiled to himself. Lately he had been thinking a lot about his brother, mainly because he had seen Lucinda. It was nice to see her, see someone who also had a connection to Shane. Matt rolled to his side and sighed. He needed to know what happened to his brother.he needed to know why he died because he still couldn’t understand…

Fisher residence- Summer Bay

Flashback

Clive- Donald don’t be stupid

Donald - I don have any other choices

Clive- There is always a choice and that choice is to stay quiet

Donald- What do I do about Simpson, I know he will be back when the money runs out

Clive- He doesn’t have any evidence so you shouldn’t have given him any money to begin with

Donald- He said he has a video tape

Clive- What video tape?

Donald- He didn’t say

Clive- And you believed him?

Donald- I dont have any other choice

Clive- Stop panicking

Donald- I cant live like this Clive. If he says anything, my career is over I should just go to the police station myself

Clive- Don’t be stupid. Pull yourself together, Ill be there on Monday

Donald- Ok

Flashback ends

Donald drank the last of his whiskey and got up. Just as he was about to turn the light off, he looked up at the mantlepiece and looked at the photo of Bobby and Alan. Donald walked over to the photo and picked it uo. He hadn’t spoken to or seen much of Bobby since she moved out and he had accepted that he was a terrible father to Alan. Now the hypocrisy is that here he stands, a murderer, standing on the moral high ground and judging everyone else. Donald put the photo down and sighed as he walked to his room.

Stewart residence- Summer Bay

Emma slowly closed the back door. And smiled to herself. All the lights were off and she had managed to sneaked back in without being caught. Emma slowly walked to the bedroom when she heard what sounded like footsteps coming from her aunts bedroom. Emma quickly rushed into the room and closed the door and breathed a sigh of relief. Alf opened the bedroom door and walked to the kitchen. He thought he heard some noises but it was probably a dog or something outside. Alf walked over to the fridge and  took a bottle of water from the fridge. Alf opened the bottle and began to drink then suddley he felt a sharp pain in his chest and stopped drinking. It was probably indigestion, he had been feeling it a lot lately. Alf  opened the kitchen cupboard and took out two indigestion tablets and began to chew them. He put the water back in the fridge and went back to bed.

Background music ends

Caravan park- Summer Bay

Pippa flushed the toilet then she washed her hands and turned the bathroom light off. As she walked back to her room, she noticed that Bobbys light was on

Pippa knocked on the door and a few seconds later, Bobby opened the door. “Sorry did I wake you?” Bobby said

“No, I was just going back to bed and saw your light on, is everything alright?” Pippa said as Bobby walked back towards the bed

“Yeah, I couldn’t sleep and thought I better get packing. I got a busy week ahead” Bobby said as she folded a pair of jeans and put them in the suitcase as Pippa closed the door,  walked over and sat on the end of the bed

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

Bobby shook her head and took the jeans and the top Carly suggested she buy and put them back on the bed

“That’s nice, why are you not taking it?” Pippa said as she watched Bobby

“I am only staying for two days, I don’t need to take too many things. Plus I need space to bring you lot back stuff” Bobby said and smiled

“How is Grant settling in?” Pipaa said as she watched Bobby fold some pyjamas and put them in the suitcase

“Good, ” Bobby said

“Does he know what is going to happen with his job?” Pippa said

“No, but from the sounds of it, I don’t think he cares” Bobby said

“Poor man, it’s a shame when things in our past cant leave us alone” Pippa said and she looked at Bobby

“Sweetheart..I want to say something and I hope you don’t get cross with me” Pippa said

“Why would I be cross?” Bobby said confused

“I know I am not your mother” Pippa was interrupted

“Yes you are” Bobby said confused

“I meant your biological mother” Pippa was interrupted

“The only mother I have is you” Bobby said as she folded a towel

“Thank you….what I want to say is” Pippa stopped talking and she looked at Bobby. Bobby looked at Pippa, she knew what she was going to say. Bobby exhaled and walked over to where Pippa was sitting and pushed the suitcase over and sat next to her

“I know what you are going to say…its always going to hurt Pippa…no matter how much I say I am getting on with my life…” Bobby said as Pippa hugged her

“I know sweetheart, I can tell that going to New York is hurting you” Pippa said and Bobby didn’t respond and she got up

“being so close to him …Anyway, its only for two days and I doubt I am going to see him anyway. The council have filled the two days so ill be really busy” Bobby said and she picked up a face towel and put it in the suitcase

“I am really proud of you sweetheart” Pippa said

“Thanks” Bobby said

“How can we watch you when you are over there?” Pippa said

“I already asked and I was told the council will get copies of all my segments” Bobby said

“Good, when you get back, we have to go to Newcastle” Pippa said

“Yeah, I feel bad that I haven’t seen reverend Jones. But I am happy that he gets to be a reverend still” Bobby said

“I know but what he just went through, it will always be in the shadows..I just hope that he can put it all behind him and get on with his life” Pippa said

“Yeah, I wish it was that easy” Bobby said and sighed

“I don’t know….maybe the key to getting on with your life is a young man in summer bay” Pippa said with a smile

“Who?” Bobby said and laughed and Pippa smiled

“Not Geoff again” Bobby said and shook her head and laughed

“No, not Geoff…but his name also begins with a G” Pippa said and got up and Bobby opened her mouth in shock

“No way, Grant and I are just friends” Bobby said

“Well…it sometimes starts that way…” Pippa said and winked and she opened the door and left the room. Bobby smiled and shook her head. Her and Grant were just friends…

Morgan residence- New York

“You didn’t even open the gift I got you” Roo said as she pointed at the bag on the table. Frank sighed and leaned forward and reached for the bag. Roo had just returned from her shopping truip to get new things for her time in Boston. Frank sighed as he opened the bag and pulled out the box. He threw the bag on the floor and opened the box. It was a watch. He already had one

“I already have a watch” Frank said and he put the box on the table and Roo sighed

“I wanted to get you a new one. The one you have, the straps are all torn” Roo said. Frank looked at his watch, the straps were torn but he loved it, it was gift from Tom and Pippa for his 18th birthday. “ Ill just get new straps” Frank said and put his feet on the table in front.

Roo rolled her eyes and got up and walked over to the mirror and began to put clothes up against herself

“What do you think of this?” Roo said

“Fine” Frank said. He didn’t look at Roo, he was looking at the socks he was wearing, all the names of his family.

“What do you think of this?” Roo said

“Fine” Frank said and Roo looked at him as he looked at the socks

“Frank you are not even looking” Roo said and Frank looked at her

“Frank,  we are having a fresh start…you said you are alright with me going to Boston” Roo said as she sat down next to Frank

“I am” Frank said

“I thought you changed your mind” Roo said  and smiled

“No, its ok, you have to have a career too” Frank said and smiled and Roo leaned forward and hugged him as his smile disappeared.

St Peters church- New Castle

Reverend Jones fixed his collar and smiled. He was found worthy of keeping his collar and not excommuicated from the church. Reverend Dawson suggested he go to another Church but he didn’t want to. Reverend Jones looked at the time, it was a few minutes to the beginning of service. He had said a prayer and was ready to go. Reverend Jones smiled to himself and opened the office door . H ewas excited to see the congregation again. He walked the short distance and opened the door to the church. Reverend Jones sighed as he looked at the empty church….

Background music ends

Wilson residence- The City

“Good morning darling” Matts mum said as he walked into the kitchen.

“Morning” Matt said and he walked over to his mum and kissed her cheek

“Do you want some breakfast?” Dawn said

“No, I am not hungry, Ill get something later from the Bistro” Matt said and he sat opposite his father.

“I want to talk to you both about something?” Matt said and his father put the paper he was reading down

“Is Barbra pregnant again?” Gary Wilson said

“No” Matt said and laughed

“Its about Shane” Matt said and his mother walked over to the table

“What about him?” Gary said

“You remember Lucinda Croft?” Matt said

“Yes, Matts girlfriend, such a lovely girl” Dawn said

“Ive seen her a few times and seeing her just reminds me of Matt and why I need to know what happened to him” Matt said

“Oh man, its just est to leave things alone” Gary said and sighed

“Dad, you don’t understand, he was my best friend, he was taken away from me and I need to know why” Matt said

“Look, lets just leave this alone, you don’t want your mum getting upset” Gary said

“Dad, please…tell me what happened to him…was it an accident? I heard you and mum talking to nan and said something about an accident Matt said and Gary sighed

“It wasn’t an accident son…Shane was murdered” Gary said and Matt looked at his father in shock

Mitchell/Woods residence- Summer Bay

The estate agent looked around the flat. It needed cleaning but it was ready to rent again. The estate agent picked up the keys from the counter and walked towards the door. Just as he was about to open the door, he noticed a letter on the floor. It was addressed to Grant Mitchell. Since it was on the floor, Grant probably didn’t want it. The estate agent opened the door and threw the letter on the floor and walked towards his car. As he drove off, the wind also blew the letter away…

Chapter 228

Monday night….

Bayside after dark- Summer bay

Background music- The jukebox

Oh think twice, it's another day for you and me in paradise
Oh think twice, 'cause it's just another day for you,
You and me in paradise, think about it

Bobby yawned as she walked through the door. The diner looked different, the lights were dim and there were candles on the table. There were a few customers.

“ Hi” Carly said as Bobby walked up to the counter

“Hi, how is it going?” Bobby said as she sat on the stool

“Yeah, really good. Its actually been really busy…how was Uni?” Carly said as she lit a candle on the counter

“Good, I aced the paper I did last week” Bobby said with a smile then she yawned

“Great” Carly said

“Hi” Grant said as he walked out of the kitchen wiping his hands

“Hi, hows it going?” Bobby said and she smiled. Carly looked at Bobby as she smiled

“Yeah, good. Thanks very much for giving me this job” Grant said

“Oh no worries” Bobby said and Bobby began to look around

“I was thinking we should do some renovations, maybe open the back up a bit, have some more space to have bands perform on Friday night or something” Bobby said as she pointed to an area of the diner that was hardly used

“I think that is a great idea” Carly said with a smile. She was happy that for once she was doing something on her own, Bobby trusted her to be the manager and so far things were going well.

“What about the space in the back?” Carly said and Bobbys heart dropped.

“What space in the back?:” Grant said

“There is another room back there behind the door, at one point it was used as a community counseling place, let me show you” Carly said as she Grant followed behind her

“Hi” Bobby turned around to see Ben standing there

“Is Carly around?” Ben said

“ yeah, she is in the back”  Bobby said and she turned around. She always felt uneasy around Ben but Carly loved him so she didn’t want to say anything to mess it up for her.

“Hi what are you doing here?” Carly said as she walked towards the counter and smiled

“I just wanted to wish you luck on your first day as manager” Ben said and pulled a rose out from behind his back. Carly smiled. Everything was so perfect for her. As Carly introduced Ben to Grant, Bobby got off the stool and walked towards the back room and stood inside.

Background music – Frank and Bobbys theme

She looked around and sighed .It looked exactly the same as it did a few years ago

Flashback

Frank- You should’ve known how I felt about Roo

Bobby – Frank I thought you loved me

Frank- I did..

Bobby – But you love her more….youre right, I should’ve known

Frank- Im sorry,. I cant help how I feel

Bobby – So Why did you ask me to marry you?

Frank – At the time, I really thought…well….I wasn’t being honest myself, Roo’s the only one I have ever truly loved

Bobby- Well that’s just great, how stupid was I? anyway, I have no one to blame but myself. I knew that it was too good to be true..story of my life.

Flashback ends

Bobby looked around the room then she turned around and as she was about to walk out, she saw Ben kissing Carly and sighed as she stood in the room where she had her heart torn out then she turned the light off and closed the door.

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Ailsa walked into the kitchen to see Emma and Sandra doing homework

“Hard at work? Hows it going?” Ailsa said as she opened the fridge to get some water out

“Good. Just just finishing up some homework for tomorrow” Sandra said

“Well don’t work too late” Ailsa said

“Ok, good night” Emma said and smiled as Ailsa walked out of the room. When Emma heard the door shut her smile disappeared and she took off her dressing down to reveal her clothes

“The assignment is due tomorrow. Ms Wood is going to be mad if its late” Sandra said

“I don’t care about her” Emma said as she put her lipstick on

“You better not dob” Emma said as she looked at Sandra

“Mrs Stewart is being really nice to let you stay here, you shouldn’t be sneaking out…” Sandra said

“Just mind your own business. What do you know anyway, I bet you have never kissed a boy” Emma said and started laughing then she slowly snuck out of the house as Sandra sighed

Caravan park- Summer Bay

“I hope I didn’t wake you” Pippa said as she sat down

“No , no. I am happy to hear from you” Reverend Jones said

“I had intended on calling you yesterday. I wanted to find out how your first day back at work went” Pippa said and smiled as Reverend Jones laughed

“Well, my first day was as expected. I entered an empty church and I didn’t expect it any other way” Reverend Jones said

“Oh Alex, I am sorry” Pip pa said disappointed

“No, don’t be. I didn’t expect anything different” Reverend Jones said

“Anyway, enough about me, how is everyone doing?” Reverend Jones said

“Good, Bobby leaves for New York on Friday and Carly started tonight as the new manager for the diner after dark” Pippa said

“That is wonderful, what about Sally, Steven Christopher and Frank?” Reverend Jones said

“Sally, Steve and Christopher are doing fine. I haven’t spoken to Frank but I sent him a letter” Pippa said

“Ok, I will keep you all in my prayers…now, how are you?” Reverend Jones said

“Oh, I am just fine…just a bit worried about Bobby” Pippa said

“A mothers work is never done Reverend Jones said

“Out of all my children, I worry about her and Frank the most. It doesn’t mean I love the others any less, I just feel that they are ok.  I used to feel that way about Carly, but she has this new managers position and Ben, I think she is ok now” Pippa said

Summer Bay

“Ben, you are hurting me, I cant breathe…Ben please stop..im sorry” Carly said as Ben wrapped his arms tight around her throat

“Do you think I am an idiot?” Ben said. He was annoyed because Carly attempted to correct him in front of Grant

“No, I said I was sorry…I didn’t mean to do that…Ben please stop” Carly said as a tear dropped from her eye then suddenly Ben saw a flashing light from the corner of his eye and he let go of Carly and adjusted his seat. The flashing light stopped and a police man got out of the car and walked towards where he had parked his. The police offer tapped on the window and Ben rolled the window down

“Hello officer, what seems to be the problem” Ben said with a smile and the officer leaned down and looked inside the car

“I just saw the car here and wanted to make sure it wasn’t abandoned” The policeman said. Carly recognized his voice and looked at him

“Your Craigs cousin” Carly said and she smiled and Nick nodded and smiled

“Decided to take the job here then?” Carly said

“Yeah, I moved down earlier today, tonight is my first shift” Nick said

“Well, everything is alright here, sorry to have troubled you” Ben said and looked at Nick. Nick felt as if something was going on. He looked at Carly. He could tell that she had been crying

“Ok, goodnight” Nick said and he walked away, got into his car and drove off. Ben rolled the window up and looked at Carly then without warning, he slapped her across the face.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“I am sure she will be fine in New York…it’s a big place I hear. I doubt she will bump into Frank” Reverend Jones said

“I hope so..well..its getting late, I don’t want to keep you up” Pippa said

“Phillippa” Reverend Jones said

“Yes” Pippa said and she felt a butterfly in her stomach

“I miss you” Reverend Jones said

“I miss you too” Pippa said and smiled

“Sleep well” Reverend Jones said

“You too” Pippa said

“Goodnight” Reverend Jones said

“Goodnight Alex” Pippa said and she put the phone down and sighed.

Background music ends

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Grant flopped onto the bed and sighed. It was a long five hours but he really enjoyed himself. The deal was he was to give Carly a lift home when they finished but she had gone off with her boyfriend. Grant turned onto his back and looked at the ceiling. Carly and her boyfriend reminded him so much of him and Bronwyn when they got together. They were so much in love. Grant sighed then turned onto his side

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- Carlys theme

Carly rested the bag of frozen peas on cheek, it stung a but at least it would bring the swelling down and she could cover it up with make up. Carly sighed. She loved Ben but was always finding ways to mess things up and make him angry. Carly put the bag of peas back in the freezer and slowly closed the door. Just as she was about to go upstairs, She walked over to the desk and sat down and looked at all the photos and smiled. She picked up the one of her Tom, Pippa and Frank and smiled. She remembered the day they picked her up from the foster home. All she wanted was a real home and that day it felt like home. Carly put the photo down and opened the drawer. She took out the address book then she searched in the drawer and pulled out a calling card and began to dial…

Macklins corporation- New York

Frank put his coffee on the table and took off his jacket. He wanted to get an early start this week as he was working on a new project. Frank hung his jacket up and sat down at his desk

Phone ringing

“Macklin corporation, Frank Morgan speaking” Frank said as he picked up the receiver and rested int between his ear and shoulder as he stirred his coffee

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Hi Frank, its me” Carly said as she breathed a sigh of relief. Even though Frank wasn’t her biological brother, she loved him as if he were

“Hey Carls, is something wrong?” Frank said

“No no, I just haven’t spoken to you, that’s all” Carly said as she held onto the receiver with two hands

“Oh ok, you nearly gave me a heart attack, I thought something was wrong” Frank said and Carly was quiet

“Carly, you there?” Frank said

“Yes, I am here…how are you” Carly said

“Good, just been busy with work, how are you?” Frank said

“Good. I got a new job” Carly said

“Did you leave the diner?” Frank said

“ No, Bobby extended the hours and turned the diner into a bistro. So from 7-midnight, we serve a light dinner with candles and music and I am the manager” Carly said

“That sounds great, good on you” Frank said

“Thanks. Bobby said she wants to have some live music so that should be good” Carly said

Macklins corporation- New York

Frank felt his heart flutter when Carly mentioned Bobbys name. He and Roo were starting a new year and were going to make things work

“How is Bobby” Frank said

“Good, she always very busy with Uni, the diner and the resort and ” Carly said

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly stopped talking. She didn’t want to tell Frank that Bobby was coming to New York

“and what?” Frank said

“Oh, shes panning to so some renovations as the diner that’s all” Carly said

“Oh right, sounds like her life is going really well…

Macklin Corporation- New York

Frank sighed. Sounded like Bobby was getting on well without him..well she would be with Brett by her side. Frank sighed again

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

"so, Pippa told me that you are seeing some bloke, how is that going?” Frank said

“Yeah, good” Carly said and sighed

“Just good? From the sounds of it, I should be expecting an invitation to a wedding soon” Frank said as a tear dropped from Carlys eye

“Carly, are you there?” Frank said

“Yes, sorry, I am just a bit tired. Tonight was the first night at Bayside diner after dark” Carly said

“Oh, alright then. I better let you go” Frank said

“Ok” Carly said

“Tell everyone I said hello” Frank said

“I will” Carly said

“Carly, are you sure there isn’t something wrong?” Frank said

“No, everything is fine” Carly said

“Alright then. Write to me sometime, let me know how you are getting on” Frank said

“Ok, Frank  Carly said

“Yes” Frank said

“I really miss you…maybe come and visit sometime” Carly said as another tear dropped from her eye

“I miss you too, ill try…maybe Christmas or something Frank said

“Ok, I hope so bye” Carly said

“Bye” Frank said  and he put the phone down. Carly sighed and put the phone down as another tear dropped from her eye…

Background music ends

Chapter 229

Four days later….

Air Asia flight 7234- The City

flashback

Bobby- Sorry, I should’ve told you that the name on my passport is different

Imogen- On your records it says Simpson, do we need to change that?

Bobby- No, I just need to change my married name on my passport

Imogen- Its no trouble, cant have you husband thinking we don’t care that you are married

Bobby- ex husband

Imogen- Oh, sorry

Bobby- Its ok, its been a while

Imogen- Good job we found out now and not when you were are the airport

Bobby – Yeah right

Flashback ends

Bobby exhaled and put her seatbelt on and looked out of the window…

Bayside diner- Summer Bay

“Looks good” Ailsa said as she walked out of the kitchen with a paper in her hand. Carly looked at her confused as she she lit a candle

“The takings for the diner after dark, they look good” Ailsa said

“Yeah, I didn’t think we would be very busy during the week but its been good” Carly said

“Hopefully Bobby comes up with more brilliant ideas” Ailsa said and she looked at Lance absent mindedly wiping the counter

“Lance” Ailsa said as she looked at him. He didn’t respond

“Lance, are you alright?” Ailsa said again

“Yes Mrs S” Lance said and he stopped wiping the table

“Is everything alright? Ailsa said

“Yeah, no worries” Lance said and he went to the kitchen and picked up the rubbish

“Got to take this out” Lance said and he walked out of the diner as Ailsa shook her head at Carly

Lance sighed as he got outside. It had been a few weeks since Martin left and he was feeling sad. He had lost his best friend and the woman he loved. As lance through the rubbish out and began to walk away, he saw something on the floor. Lanced picked it up, it was addressed to Grant. Lance pushed it into his pocket and walked back to the diner.

The Bistro- The City

“How many days are you taking off? Narelle said as she sat opposite Matt

“Just tomorrow and Sunday” Matt said. He had decided to take the weekend off to go back to Summer bay to see if he can find out what happened to his brother. Ever since his dad told him that Shane had been murdered, he couldn’t get it out of his mind

“I know you wanted to take the weekend off, but you are the only one I trust to manage this place, especially on the weekend” Matt said

“Well, I appreciate the vote of confidence” Narelle said and she smiled then she put her hand on Matts arm “I hope you get the answers that you need” Narelle said

“I hope so too. I normally think about Shane but seeing Lucinda, I have been thinking about Shane even more..like I need to find out what happened to him “ Matt said

“What do your folks think about all this?” Narelle said

“I haven’t really told them that’s why I am going to Summer Bay. I said I am going to see my grand parents and go to a mates party” Matt said

“Oh right…wjhat about Barbra?” Narelle said

“What about her?” Matt said

“I dunno, maybe she has an opinion on all this..wasnt she living there” Narelle said

“Nah, her and Fisher had divorced by then and she left Summer Bay” Matt said

“Oh right…does she know you are going?” Narelle said

“No…I havnt seen much of her, been spending time at home. The guilt I felt about her miscarrying has gone…” Matt said

“So she knows its over?” Narelle said

“I don’t know and I don’t care. I should’ve listened to Frank, he said I didn’t need to be in a relationship with her if she is pregnant. If I listened then maybe I wouldn’t have wasted my time..and messed things up with Carly” Matt said and sighed as Narelle looked at him with sympathy…

Morgan residence- New York

Frank opened his eyes. As he pulled the covers around himself, he looked ahead to see Roo busy packing for Boston. She didn’t notice that he was away, she was folding clothes into her suit case

Background music- Have you ever been alone

Flashback

Frank- So now all the exams are out of the way, what do you think you will do next year?

Bobby- What do you mean?

Frank- you are going to get really good marks, I guess you are going to want to go to uni

Bobby- The only thing I want to do is get married to you

Frank- Are you sure?

Bobby – I have waited for you my entire life…you are my future…I don’t want to do anything else..besides, I don’t see the point in wasting 4 years studying again

Frank- I forgot to tell you, I just got a little payrise so I am making enough to take care of us when you move in here

Bobby- I know you will…I love you Frank….

Flashback ends

Frank looked at Roo one more time then he closed his eyes and sighed

Background music ends

Surry Hills- Australia

Al coughed then opened his eyes and looked around the room. Sophie was asleep in the chair of the motel. Al looked around the room then he quickly got up and opened the bathroom door, it was empty. He rushed over to his jeans and looked in the pockets, his $200 was gone he sighed then threw the jeans on the floor. Lyla had taken off with his money. Al picked up a beer bottle on the table and smashed it on the ground.

The shattering of the glass woke up Sophie who hid under the covers frightened. Al walked over to the chair that Sophie slept on and pulled the covers off her

“Get up, we are leaving now” Al said. He needed more money and he knew where he was going to get it from  When he turned around Sophie was taking long to get up . He walked over to where Sophie was lying and punched her legs really hard

“I said get up, we are leaving now” Al said through clenched teeth. Sophie got up and attempted to walk with the pain. She had learned not to cry because crying meant more beatings. She was hoping they would be going to Summer bay, maybe Bobby would see her and buy her an ice cream…sophie sighed and wiped her face..

Background music ends

Chapter 229

Beach- Summer Bay

Matt dunked his head into the water then shook his head as he got out and exhaled.The water felt amazing. He had not been near a beach or surfed since he left. It kind of made him sad that he wasn’t living in Summer Bay anymore. Matt picked up his board and walked towards his car. He secured the board on top, opened the car and took out a towel

“Hi” Matt turned around

“G’day” Matt said as Megan smiled at him

“I thought it was you but I wasn’t sure, how are you?” Megan said. He was still really good looking

“Good, how are you?” Matt said

“Yeah, great…so are you back for good?” Megan said

“Just visiting” Matt said as he wiped his hair. Megan looked at his arms. Things were not really progressing with Jeff and after the rumors with Grant, she was back on her own in the caravan park

“So what are you doing tonight? The Diner turns into a bistro in the evenings, if you have nothing going on…” Megan said

“No, I don’t have nothing going on” Matt said. He knew that Megan liked him and he found her attractive, He wasn’t committed to anyone..

“Good, well I can meet you there around 7:30 if that’s ok with you?” Megan said

“Ok” Matt said

“ Great, ill see you later” Megan said and got into her car. Matt smiled and continued to wipe his body

“Wake up” Al said and he pushed Sophie who was sitting in the passenger seat. Sphie jerked her body and wiped her face and sat up. Al put the key in the engine and began to drive then his expression changed…he thought he saw a ghost..”it couldn’t be” Al said to himself and looked in the rear view mirror then turned around and looked behind him as Matt got into his car…

Stewart Sr/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

“Haydn I got some books and board games here for you” Celia said as Michael closed the front door leaving them in the house alone. Haydn was staying the weekend with them

“Lets see, what about connect four? I used to be really good at this” Celia said as she began to open the box

“Those games are for babies, I am not a baby” Haydn said and he threw his bag on the floor and took his computer game from out of his pocket as Celia looked at him

"I think you should take your bag to the room" Celia said

"You are not my mum, yo cant tell me what to do" Haydn said as he looked at Celia then went back to playing his video game...

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“You remember what you have to do?” Al said as he parked the car. He looked at Sophie who nodded then she scratched her knee. Al looked at her with disgust then he got out of the car. Sophie followed behind him as he walked to the door and knocked

“Hello”  Al said and smiled as Sally came to the door

“Hello” Sally said

“Is Bobby home?” Al said

“No” Sally said

“Are youre parents home?” Al said

“PIPPA” Sally said as she walked back into the house. Shortly after, Pippa came to the door

“Can I help you?” Pippa said as she opened the door

“Oh hello again, I was wondering if Bobby is home” Al said a she smiled at Pippa. Pippa looked down at Sophie who looked tired, dirty and scared

“No, she is out of town for a few days”  Pippa said as Al looked at her.

“Do you mind if I use your bathroom?” Al said

“The guest bathroom is to your left” Pippa said as she looked at Al

“Oh, right, thank you” Al said and he walked towards the bathroom used by the caravan guests

Sally had walked around to the other side of the house and was standing near Sophie

“Is Bobby your sister?” Sally said then she put some chocolate in her mouth. Sophie nodded

“She is my sister too” Sally said and gave Sophie some of her chocolate bar

The two girls looked at each other as Sophie put the chocolate in her mouth. It tasted really good, not something she had the luxury of eating often. Sally put her hand in her pocket and took the half packet and gave it to Sophie

“Thank you” Sophie said

“We better be going now…come on sweetheart” Al said and put an affectionate arm around Sophie and smiled at Sally

“Bye” Al said and waved at Sally as they got into his truck. Al watched Sally go inside then he snatched the chocolate from Sophie, threw it out of the window and drove off as Sophie sunk into her seat and stopped herself from crying.

Bayside Diner at night- Summer Bay

Background music- jukebox

So tired of broken hearts and losing at this game
Before I start this dance
I take a chance in telling you
I want more than just romance
You are my destiny, I can't let go baby can't you see
Cupid please take your aim at me

“I think we need to ask Bobby if we can get someone else since we are much busier than I thought” Carly said

“I can stay on if you want” Lucida said as she was writing down her hours on the timesheet

“No, you go, you have been working all day and I need to get the OK from Bobby first” Carly said

Cherish the thought
Of always having you here by my side (Oh baby I)
Cherish the joy
You keep bringing it into my life (I'm always singing it)
Cherish your strength
You got the power to make me feel good (And baby I)
Perish the thought
Of ever leaving, I never would

“Hi” Carly and Lucinda looked up to see Megan standing at the counter

“Hi” Carly said trying to sound genuine  as Megan looked at Grant standing in the kitchen “What can I get you?” Carly said

“Just an orange juice thanks, I am waiting for my date” Megan said loud enough for Grant to hear

“Ok, Ill bring it over” Carly said and Megan smiled

I was never satisfied with casual encounters
I can't hide my need for two hearts that bleed with burning love
That's the way it's got to be
Romeo and Juliet, they never felt this way I bet
So don't underestimate my point of view

Carly walked into the kitchen and got the juice our of the fridge and poured some into a glass then put some ice cubes and a sliced orange on the glass and put it on a special tray that Bobby purchased for serving.

As Lucinda put her jacket on, she looked up and smiled

“Hi, I didn’t expect to see you here, how are you?” Lucinda said to Matt then she walked around the counter and gave him a hug

“Yeah, just here taking care of something this weekend” Matt said the he looked around

Cherish the thought
Cherish the joy

“Hi Matt” Matt turned around to see Megan waving at him

“I didn’t order yet, I was waiting for you” Megan said as Lucinda looked disappointed

“Maybe I can see you tomorrow or something, I am not working” Lucinda said as she followed Matt over to the table

"Im not sure, I have some things to do" Matt said

"Ok, well, you can call me when you get some free time. I would love to have a chat or something before you go back to the city" Lucinda said as Megan looked at her

Cherish your strength
Perish the thought

As Carly walked out of the kitchen, her heart sank. Matt was here. She hadn’t seen Matt since New Years eve. Carly felt like she was going to drop the tray. She tried to calm herself as she walked over to the table…she had Ben, they had a great future. Carly put the glass in front of Megan

“One orange juice” Carly said and smiled

“Matt what are you drinking?” Megan said as Lucinda looked at her

“Hi Carly” Matt said and smiled at Carly. She felt those same butterflies in her stomach

“Hi, what can I get you?” Carly said trying not to look at Matt

“Fruit punch please” Matt said

“Ok” Carly said and she walked away to the kitchen as fast as she could..

Who? You! Can't get away, I won't let you
Who? You! I could never forget to
Cherish is the word I use to remind me of your love

Romeo and Juliet, they never felt this way I bet
So don't underestimate my point of view

Who? You! Can't get away I won't let you
Who? You! I could never forget to
Cherish is the word I use to remind me of your love

“Just great” Carly said as the tray she had slipped out of her hand and onto floor

“Are you alright?” Grant said as he washed some plates

“Yeah, fine” Carly said as she bent down and picked up the tray. When she got up, Matt was staring at her..

Cherish the thought
Cherish the joy
Cherish your strength
Perish the thought

Novotel- New York

Bobby put her suitcase down and looked around the hotel room. She walked over to the window and opened the curtain and gasped. The view was amazing. She opened the door and stepped out onto the balcony. She couldn’t believe that she was here…in New York…where Frank is.. She sighed then went back into the room and closed the door. She had to have a shower and get to bed, the sooner she got this over with, the sooner she can go home. Bobby looked at the time, it was late, she had a really early start tomorrow. She picked up her case and put it onto the bed and unzipped it and took some things out to have a shower….

Cherish
Give me faith
Give me joy, my boy
I will always cherish you
Give me faith
Give me joy, my boy
I will always cherish you

Morgan Residence- New York

Roo giggled as Frank tickled her ear with his tongue then he rolled onto his back next to her and sighed

“I wish you didn’t have to go” Frank said

“Frank, I thought we talked about this” Roo said as she put her head on Franks chest

“Yeah, I know its only for a few months” Frank said

“Ill be back on Friday night, besides you are doing a lot of overtime so we don’t see each other much during the week” Roo said. Frank told her he was doing overtime but he was actually gambling

“I know, but I wont be waking up next to you..what will I do” Frank said

“It wont be for long,” Roo said

“When you get back, lets talk about starting our family eh?” Frank said and Roo sighed

“Frank..” Roo was interrupted

“I said we should talk about it, I am not forcing you” Frank said

“Ok” Roo said and she looked up at Frank and smiled

Cherish your strength (You're givin' it, you're givin' it to me boy)
Perish the thought (You're givin' it, you're givin' it to me boy)
(I could never forget to) (Keep giving me all your joy)

Background music ends

Chapter 230

Ill be jumping way ahead in time with one of the songs, and US/Australia will be in the same time zone

Bayside Diner at night- Summer Bay

Background music- jukebox

It's the right kind of love
It's the right kind of night
You're the right kind of girl
Hey, oh yeah
Kind of love

“If you are around, we should check it out” Megan said as she put some mashed potato in her mouth. She looked up to see that Matt was looking at Carly. Megan put her fork down and the noise alerted Matt

Daydreaming about you baby
And it must be love
Girl you make my heart go crazy
High as the heavens above
I hope you're thinking about me girl
Because all of my thoughts are with you

“Sorry did you say something?” Matt said as he looked at her

“I was saying that if you have time, the surf shop are having a board show if you want to check it out” Mean said

“I am not sure if I am going to have the time” Matt smiled

“Maybe next time?” Megan said

“Yeah, maybe” Matt said as he looked down at his plate then he looked around the diner. There were five other couples eating. It was a nice atmpsphere

“This place in nice, Bobby has done really well” Matt said

“This is the first time that I am checking it out, they just opened, but the food is still really good” Megan said and Matt smiled

My love
There's no reason to doubt me
Believe me it's true
Girl I know I can give you
The right kind of love
And we're right on time

“Can I get you anything else?” Carly said reluctantly as she walked over to the table

“No, everything is fine, isn’t it Matt?” Megan said and she put her hand on Matts hand. Carly looked at Matt as he looked at Megans hand. Megan smiled

“Hi Beautiful” Carly turned around to see Ben standing next to her

“Hi, I wasn’t expecting you today” Carly said and she hugged Ben as Matt watched

“Yeah, I finished up my work early and wanted to see you” Ben said as he kissed Carly and they walked over to the counter.

“Wouldn’t mind something to eat” Ben said as he sat down

“Anything you want” Carly said as she leaned over and kissed Ben then she looked at Matt.

“Ill be back” Carly said and she rushed into the kitchen. Ben picked up the menu and turned around to see Matt staring at him

Oh now baby
You know we can't go wrong
Why you trying to hold back baby
Tell me what you feel
If you're having mixed emotions
I'll show you that I'm for real
What can I do to make you see

Cameron Residence- Summer Bay

“mmmm why do you have to go.? come back to bed” Adam said as he kissed Emma

“Ummm, I need to go, my Aunt is sick, and I have to give her meds before she goes to bed” Emm said as she struggled to get free

“Ok, give her the meds and come back” Adam said as he attempted to take Emmas clothes off

“Ummmm no, I cant do, that. I have to watch her take them otherwise she can choke on them” Emma said as she struggled to get away from Adam and Adam sighed

“Ill see you later” Emma said and blew Adam a kiss and rushed off the boat as fast as she could

And girl
It's not magic or fantasy
It's simple and true
I know I can give you
The right kind of love
I'm the right kind of guy
On the right kind of night
There's the right kind of stars
In the right kind of sky

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Craig tapped his foot to the music ad he folded the clean napkins. The resort were having a function and he was doing housekeeping.

“We need more clean glasses on the tables” Craig froze, it was the banquet manager

“Yee yes right away” Craig said and just as he was about to move, Jonathan stood in his way and stared at him. Craig swallowed and looked up at Jonathan who smiled at him then he moved out of the way and Craig ran off as he laughed

Oh now baby
You know we can't go wrong
Girl-
I got a heart that's true
I got the right kind of love
I'm gonna give it to you
And you got me romantic
Can't you see
I'm the right kind of guy for you
And you're the right kind of girl for me

Donald turned the light off and walked to his bedroom

Knock on the door

Donald wasn’t expecting anyone, Lucinda was already home. Donald turned around to walk to the front door then he froze..maybe it was Al Simpson

Knock on the door

Donald couldn’t move. He was frightened to walk to the door, frightened that he would see Al. Donald slowly crept towards the bedroom door and waited. His heart was beating fast

KNOCK ON THE DOOR

Donald stood by his bedroom door and waited then he heard the spare room door open and Lucinda began to walk to the door

“Ill get it Lucinda” Donald said and sighed

“Oh, I thought you were asleep” Lucinda said

“No, you go back to bed” Donald said and he watched Lucinda walk back to her room. Donald sighed and walked towards the front door and opened it to see an Angry looking Al looking at him

Background music ends

St Peters church- NewCastle

Reverend Jones made a sign of the cross and got up and sighed. Things had not changed, he was stull being shunned by the people who used to attend church. He still insisted on a being ready for a church service but today he was running late. As Reverend Jones walked out of the vicarage and to the church, he could hear the piano playing. It was probably the deacon practicing. As Reverend jones got closer to the church, he could hear singing

All things bright and beautiful,
all creatures great and small,
all things wise and wonderful,
the lord god made them all.

Reverend Jones slowly made his way into the church and as he walked to the pulpit he exhaled and smiled

Each little flower that opens,
each little bird that sings,
he made their glowing colours,
he made their little wings

Reverend Jones began to sing as he smiled and looked at Pippa, Stephen and Christopher in front row. Pippa smiled back at him. She was where she wanted to be..

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Lucinda yawned as she wiped the counter. She was doing the early shift this morning. She walked over to the table that Matt sat at and smiled. She didn’t get to see him before he went. Lucinda walked over to the jukebox and put some money in then pressed the button to start it then she walked over to the counter

You could be happy, and I won't know 
But you weren't happy the day I watched you go

“Hi” Lucinda turned around to see Nick standing there. He arrived not long ago to Summer Bay

“Hi, what can I get you?” Lucinda said with a smile

“Just a coffee to take out” Nick said and smiled

And all the things that I wished I had not said 
Are played on lips till it's madness in my head

.NBC TV station- New York

“Back from commercial in 5…4…3….2…1” The director said as he pointed at the host. Bobby sat at the table, a little distance away from the two hosts. She was nervous and didn’t sleep much

Is it too late to remind you how we were?
But not our last days of silence, screaming, blur

Roo yawned then took the cover off her head then wrapped it around her shoulders, it was still cold. Frank was sitting on the couch eating cereal and reading some paperwork. The TV was on on the background. Roo was really excited, she was travelling to Boston today to help get the new office started. She looked at the ceiling and smiled to herself, she couldn’t believe that all these great things were happening to her, and it was only just the beginning. Roo closed her eyes again and smiled

Most of what I remember makes me sure 
I should have stopped you from walking out the door

.NBC TV station- New York

“We have a treat for you this morning, we have a special guest all the way from Australia. She is the first woman to be voted as caterer of the year and business woman of the year, beating out the two men who held the title for the last 8 years” Female host said

“Wow, that is amazing” Male host said

You could be happy; I hope you are 
You made me happier than I'd been by far

Frank put some cereal in his mouth then he put the bowl of cereal down and picked up a file to put in his bag

“Roberta Simpson, congratulations and welcome to the show” Female host said

Frank froze when he heard her name then he looked up at the TV to see Bobby and his heart skipped a beat. Roo opened her eyes when she heard Bobby’s name and exhaled as Frank turned the TV volume up

Somehow everything I own smells of you 
And for the tiniest moment it's all not true

NBC TV station- New York

“Thank you for having me here” Bobby said and smiled.

Frank watched attentively as Bobby spoke eloquently in the interview. He hardly recognized her, she had cut her hair short and had blonde highlights. She was dressed very professionally and looked really grown up..she was beautiful and he missed her

Do the things that you always wanted to 
Without me there to hold you back; don't think, just do

Roo raised herself up quietly and leaned over to look at Bobby. She had to admit that she looked really good with her hair and the way she was dressed. She also looked at how Frank watched attentively then she slowly back down on the bed

NBC TV station- New York

“The producers tell me that you got here early and you were in our kitchens” Male host said laid

“Yes, I wanted to bring you a little taste from Summer Bay” Bobby said and smiled as one of the TV crew brought over two plates and sat them in front of the hosts

“This looks really good, I don’t even want to know what it is, I am just going to dive right in” Male host said and used his spoon and put some dessert in his mouth

“Mmmmmm oh my god mmmmm I feel like I am in heaven” Male host says as he put more desert in his mouth

“Mmmmm oh my mmmmm” The female host says as Bobby smiled then the male host picked up a napkin and wiped his mouth

“Roberta, this is absolutely amazing” Male host says and puts more in his mouth

“Thanks, its called the forever dessert” Bobby said

“I am not surprised, I could eat this forever, what are the ingredients” Female host says

“Its just a fruit trifle” Bobby said

“Is there a back story to how you came up with this because I have eaten fruit trifles and they taste nothing like this” Male host said

“It was just a dessert I made once for someone” Bobby said

Frank sighed

Flashback

Frank- mmmm what is this

Bobby – A new dessert I made for  you

Frank- If you keep feeding me like this, ill get fat

Bobby- And I will still love you

Flashback ends

NBC TV station- New York

“Well whoever the special person is, you must be very very special because this is outstanding” Male host said as Bobby smiled and looked down

Frank looked at the Tv and smiled

NBC TV station- New York

“We spent so much time eating not talking about where you will be. You will be on the cooking show at our sister station, WBC” Female host said as she wiped her mouth

Frank reached inside his bag and pulled out a notepad and began to write down where Bobby was going to be as Roo watched him

NBC TV station- New York

“And NYU tomorrow” Female host said

“Yes” Bobby said and smiled

“I am going to follow you because I want to taste what else you are cooking because this is amazing…what is the secret ingredient?” Male host said and Bobby laughed

“There isn’t a secret ingredient” Bobby said and smiled

Flashback

Frank- This is ace Bob, what did you put in this?

Bobby- Its ace because I love you..

Flashback ends

Frank smiled to himself and put the notepad back into his bag

NBC TV station- New York

“Thank you so much Roberta, it has been a pleasure to meet you. I do hope you come back” Male host said

“Thank you for having me. Anytime you are in Australia, please stop by at The Bayside Diner and lunch is on me” Bobby said with a smile then she exhaled. One down..several to go she thought to herself

More than anything I want to see you go 
Take a glorious bite out of the whole world

Background music ends

Frank turned the volume down then turned the TV off and got up and took his bowl to the kitchen. He still couldn’t believe that he had seen Bobby and that she was in New York. He was surprised that Pippa and Carly didn’t say anything to him about it. Frank washed the bowl then he heard Roo yawn

Background music- Have you ever been alone

“Hey” Frank said as he walked towards the couch as Roo sat up and bed and motioned for Frank to walk over to her. Roo kissed Frank on the lips and put her arms around his neck

“Call in sick, lets spend the morning together , I can get a later flight to Boston” Roo said as she kissed Franks neck

“I cant, I have a meeting this morning and you don’t want to be late on your first day there” Frank said as he got up and kissed Roo on the head and walked over to the closet, took his coat out and put it on then walked over to the couch and put his bag on. He walked back over to Roo and kissed her again

“Call me when you get there” Frank said

“Frank, you always work, calling in sick one day isn’t going to hurt” Roo said as she grabbed onto Franks arm and he sighed

“I cant…just call me later ok” Frank said and he began to walk away. Roo watched him close the door behind her and she laid back down on the bed and looked at the ceiling

Flashback

Bobby- Hi, is Frank around

Roo- No, he has gone to the site

Bobby- Oh right

Roo- was he expecting you?

Bobby- No, I just wanted to bring him some lunch

Roo- You can leave it on his desk, I don’t think he will be long

Bobby- Right, ill see you later

Roo- Bobby, wait

Bobby- what is it

Roo- I know that you are not comfortable with me working here and I don’t blame you but you have my word, I am not out to get Frank back

Bobby- I trust Frank…and I told you already that its ok with me if you are his friend

Roo- Thanks, I just didn’t want things to be awkward and I need friends after everything I have done

Bobby- Its fine.

Roo- Hopefully one day, I will find someone too…Someone who loves me as much as Frank loves you

Bobby- You will, when the time is right

Roo- Thanks, I hope so

Bobby- Ill see you later

Flashback ends

Roo looked at the ceiling and sighed

Background music ends

Chapter 231

Macklin Office- New York

“Ok, thanks. Bye” Frank said and he finished writing the WNBC tv station address that the receptionist just gave him and put the receiver down. Frank looked at the train map on his desk, the WBNC studios wasn’t too far. He would be able to get there in 10 minutes during his lunch hour just after Bobby finished her segment there. Frank exhaled and smiled to himself. Thinking about seeing Bobby made him the happiest he had ever been in a long time. She was his best friend, he had so much that he wanted to tell her

“Frank, I have to go out, can you handle the meeting for the Darwin account?” Mr Grayson said

“Yeah, sure…what time is it?” Frank said as he put the map and paper in his bag

“Thanks, its at 11:30” Mr Grayson said

“I have to step out and do something at 12:30pm” Frank saod

“its just an overview of the account, it shouldn’t take long” Mr Grayson said

“Ok” Frank said as he watched Mr Grayson walk away then he smiled as he anticipated seeing Bobby

The Bistro- The City

Matt sighed as he looked at the papers on the desk. The weekend had been a waste of time. He wasn’t able to get any direct answers about his brothers’ case, just lots of papers to read. To make it worse, he saw Carly and her new boyfriend. Matt picked up the paper that had a list of people that were interviewed as potential suspects, Matt looked at the list. He didn’t recognize any of the names until he got to the bottom and saw one name that stood out and he got a shock

Knock at the door

Donald jumped as he heard the door knock. He stood quietly, maybe it was Al again

Knock at the door

Donald still quite crept behind the kitchen door

KNOCK AT THE DOOR

“DONALD” Donald exhaled as he heard a very familiar voice and walked out of the kitchen and towards the front door and opened it. As soon as he saw his brother, Donald reached forward and gave him a really big hug

“Thank you…thank you for coming” Donald as he hugged his brother tight

Westin Hotel- Boston- Boston

Roo smiled to herself as she looked around the room. She couldn’t believe that she was here. After only a year, she was trusted to head a new office. Roo put her bag on the chair and looked at her watch, she had to meet with one of the staff members soon but she just had to tell Frank about how amazing the hotel is. Maybe they could spend the weekend here.  Roo sat on the bed and picked up the phone…

Background music- have you ever been alone

Macklin Office- New York

“Macklin Cooperation, how can I direct your call” The receptionist said which surprised Roo, she had rung Franks direct line

“Frank Morgan please” Roo said

“I am afraid Mr Morgan has stepped out of the office” The receptionist said and Roo sighed

flashback

Frank- Sounds like the christening was a success

Roo- Yeah it was, I wish you came

Frank- So…did you see Bobby

Roo- Yeah, I went to the diner as soon as I got to Summer Bay

Frank- What did she say

Roo- Nothing much, I just said I hope there were no hard feelings

Frank- What did she say

Roo- Frank, does it really matter?

Frank- Regardless of what happened, she was still a part of my life

Roo- But that part is over now, we are together

Frank- I know but that doesn’t mean I stop caring about her…

Flashback ends

“Ok, thanks” Roo said and sighed as she put the phone down. …she knew where he was…

1 Train – New York

“come on…come on..” Frank said under his breath. The meeting he had lasted longer than he had hoped and he had to rush to catch the train. Even though the WNBC station was two stops away, for some reason the train was taking long…

WNBC Studios- New York

“Thank you Roberta, this is divine” The host said

“Thank you for having me here” Bobby said and smiled

“We will be back after the break” The host said

Bobby smiled and nodded as the audience clapped. She was nervous about if they would like her food. She made little toasted sandwiches which were passed out , and they appeared to really enjoy them. As the director made the sign to indicate the ending of the segment, Bobby began to tidy up the counter and wipe some ingredients that had spilled on the counter

“No you don’t have to do that” The host said

“Oh right” Bobby said and put the towel down

“Roberta, you really are a great cook, thank you for coming on” The host said

“No, thank you…anytime you are in Austraila and you visit Summer Bay, lunch is on me” Bobby said and smiled

“Thank you” The host said and she was rushed off to check her make up

“We have to get going now” Lisa said. Lisa was one of the PR reps who accompanied Bobby to New York

“Its been a long morning and I am a bit tired, can we go back to the hotel?” Bobby said

“We have a few hours before the evening news segment…I thought you might have wanted to do some sighseeing?” Lisa said

“Maybe tomorrow or something, I still need to get some souvenirs for my family” Bobby said as she put her coat on.

Manhattan- New York

Frank stood at the train door tapping his leg as he waited for the door to open. The minute it did, he rushed out and ran up the stairs to exit the station. When Frank got out of the train, he took the paper out of his pocket with the instructions.  the studio was just around the corner. He put the paper in his pocket and began to run down the road

WNBC Studios- New York

“Thank you, bye” Bobby said and smiled as the security guard from the studios shut the car door. The driver got inside the car

“Back to the Novotel please” Lisa said as the driver put his seat belt on

Frank stopped running when he saw the sign for the station. His heart was beating fast and his stomach was in a knot, he was anxious and happy at the same time as he got to the exit and opened the door

Bobby looked around inside the car then she looked behind her out of the back window

“Is there something wrong?” Lisa said

“Hmm? No nothing, I thought I left something behind..but its ok” Bobby said and smiled as the driving drove away

WNBC Studios- New York

“Hello, can you tell me where Bobby simpson is please?” Frank said to the security guard with a big smile

“Who?” The security guard said

“Bob, sorry Roberta Simpson, she is doing a special segment today, she is from Austrailia” Frank said

“Oh, I am sorry, you just missed her” The security guard said and Franks heart sank

“What?” Frank said

“Yes, she just left a few minutes ago” The security guard said

“Thanks” Frank said and sighed as he walked out of the building and ran his hands threw his hair and sighed and began to walk back to the station

Macklin Office- The City

“That’s great, By the way, Terry, how is Frank getting along? Brett said

“Good, he is one of my best managers here” Terry said

“That’s excellent news, since he is doing well, I think we should hand over the Anderson account to him” Brett said

“Do you think so, that needs to be finished in the next few days” Terry

“Frank is very capable, he was very dedicated in Summer Bay, was always willing to go the extra mile for the company..doing several hours of overtime” Brett said

“Well if that is your recommendation…I will assign it to him” Terry said

“Good, I got to go, Dad sends his best, Ill talk to you soon” Brett said then he put the phone down and smiled to himself

WNBC Studios- New York 

“Traffic lights take a long time here don’t they” Bobby said and smiled. They had been waiting for a few minutes at the traffic light outside the studio. As the light turned Amber, Bobby got that feeling again, feeling like she had left something behind and turned around to look in the back window

“Are you sure you are alright?” Lisa said

“Yeah fine” Bobby said and smiled as the car drove away.

Background music ends

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in updating.

Chapter 232

Donald sighed as Clive looked at him. Even though Donald was an educated headmaster, he needed the love and support of his older brother even though he tried to deny it

“Not like you to be taking time off work” Clive said

“Im not, I came home to collect a file I forgot” Donald lied. He didn’t want to spend lunch time at work, or go to the diner or anywhere where Al could find him. Clive looked at Donald, he knew that he was lying

“What do I do?” Donald said as he looked at his brother with worry written over his face

“Nothing, because there is nothing to worry about” Clive said

“Bu bu but Simpson has evidence” Donald said

“He is bluffing” Clive said

“Clive I cant live like this, maybe if I just tell the truth” Donald was interrupted

“Tell the truth about what?” Clive said and Donald sighed

“Stop worrying and go back to work” Clive said

“Maybe we should consult a solicitor?” Donald said

“Donald go back to work” Clive said as he got up from the chair and walked towards his suitcase

“Clive” Donald said

“Yes” Clive said and turned around and looked at Donald

“Thank you for coming” Donald said and Clive smiled

Macklin Office- New York

Frank smiled to himself as he looked at the photo of himself Sally and Bobby. He managed to tape it back together properly. He looked at the clock, only a few hours until he would get to see Bobby. He looked down at the note pad on his desk where he had written the address of where she was going to be for the news segment this evening and smiled

Background music- have you ever been alone

Flashback

Bobby- I love you Frank…never forget that I love you so much

Flashback ends

“Frank”

“Frank”

“Sorry Terry, did you say something?” Frank said and he put the photo in his drawer

“Sorry to drop this on you but the Anderson project is due in a couple of days and we need all hands on deck” Terry said

“Yeah sure, I can come in early tomorrow” Frank said

“Well actually, we are having the briefing tonight with the team from London and you know how long that takes” Terry said and Frank looked at him.

“Can I catch up on the meeting notes in the morning? I have something to do after work” Frank said. He wasn’t going to let anything stop him from seeing Bobby tonight

“Frank, I really need you at the meeting, it really isn’t negotiable at this stage “ Terry said and Frank sighed

“Ok” Frank said with no choice “Thanks” Terry said and went back into his office as Frank looked at the address he wrote on the note pad

Novotel- New York

Flashback

Carly- What you said yesterday, to Roo

Bobby- What about it

Carly- Why did you say it?

Bobby- Because it is the truth

Carly- You just gave her permission to be with Frank

Bobby- I know

Carly- But why

Bobby- I gave the reason yesterday

Carly- Bobby

Bobby- Carly, I don’t want to talk about it. They were always meant to be together and I hope it works out for them..

Carly- But you love him

Bobby- And he loves her…

Flashback ends

Bobby opened her eyes and looked down at her hands. She was holding the letter she wrote to Frank , the one she had intended on posting. The one where she told Frank that Thomas is his son. Since she found out she was coming to New York, Bobby had been thinking about whether this was a sign for her to tell Frank. She really wanted to, he did have a right to know but again, she didn’t want to be the reason why their marriage broke up. Bobby put the letter on the bed and rolled onto her back and looked at the ceiling.

Westin Hotel- Boston

Roo looked around the room for the folder. She had to rush back to the hotel because she forgot to pack it. Roo picked it up and smiled to herself. She couldn’t believe that after just one year, she was here, in Boston overseeing the renovation and start up of a new office. Roo picked up her room key and looked in the mirror on the wall on the way out of the room

Flashback

Frank- Why are you being jealous?

Roo- Jealous of Bobby? No way, she hangs around you like a puppy.

Frank- no she doesn’t she is my best mate

Roo- I should be your best mate, not her

Frank- its just different with her

Roo- why

Frank- I dunno, it just is

Roo- Cant you tell her to go away?

Frank- . Now you are just being stupid

Roo- Frank..

Frank- Look, she is my foster sister and my best mate, she will always be in my life, get used to it

Flashback ends

Roo sighed then she looked down at her wedding ring and walked back towards the bed, sat down and picked up the phone

Macklin Office- New York

Frank put the pen behind his ear and typed some figures into the computer. He was annoyed that he had to work late today, he really needed to see her…talk to her. She understood him better than anyone else. She knew him better than anyone else..better than Tom, Pippa…Roo

Phone rings

Frank sighed then he removed the pen from behind his ear and put it on the table and picked the phone receiver

“Frank Morgan speaking” Frank said and cradled the phone between his ear and shoulder.

“Hi Frank” Roo said

“Hi, how is Boston” Frank said and sighed

Westin Hotel- Boston

“Good, been a busy morning” Roo said as she heard Franks sigh

The hotel is really nice here, we should plan on spending the weekend here, you will love it” Roo said

“Ok” Frank said

“Is everything alright?” Roo said

“Why?” Frank said

“Oh nothing, you sound funny on the phone that’s all” Roo said

“I have to work late for the next few days that’s all” Frank said

“Oh right, I thought there was something else wrong” Roo said

Macklin Office- New York

Frank exhaled and picked up the note pad on his desk with the address

“I called you earlier and the receptionist said you were out” Roo said

Westin Hotel- Boston

“Yeah, I went to get a sandwich” Frank said and Roo smiled to herself

“I have to go, I have to get back to the office, I came back to the hotel to pick up a file I forgot” Roo said

Macklin Office- New York

“I better get on, I have a lot of work to do” Frank said as he put the note pad down and opened his drawer

“Alright, Ill call you later” Roo said

“Ok” Frank said and pulled out the photo of himself, Bobby and Sally

“I love you” Roo said as Frank looked at the photo

“Frank?” Roo said

Flashback

Bobby- I love you Frank…never forget that I love you so much

Flashback ends

“Frank” Roo said

“Sorry, what did you say?” Frank said

“I said I love you” Roo said

“Yeah, I love you” Frank said

“I got to go, Ill call later” Roo said

“Ok” Frank said

Westin Hotel- Boston

Roo put the phone down and smiled to herself. She got up walked over to the mirror and pulled the lipstick out of her bag. She reapplied the lipstick and smiled then picked up the folder and walked out of the hotel room

Background music ends

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

Adam smiled to himself as he cleaned the engine he had been working on. He had only known Emma for a short while but she was everything he liked in a woman, she was fun, spunky and intimately everything was fantastic. Then his mind drifted to Lucinda. Lucinda was nice but she was not really Adams type.

“Is that engine ready to go?” Michael said

“Yeah, its ready” Adam said

“You havnt had lunch yet, do you want to go and grab something? Do you mind closing up, I have to go out” Michael said

“Sure no worries” Adam said and sighed, he didn’t mind closing up but Michael didn’t always pay him for it

“Michael, I don’t mean to ask but, I don’t mind closing up but I am really short on cash” Adam said

“No worries, I will give you something, now go and get some lunch” Michael said and smiled

Summer Bay

Emma blew the smoke out of her mouth and put the cigarette out. She looked up to see Sandra, Craig and Steve walking. Sandra and Craig were dags but she thought that Steve is cute…but not as cute as Adam. Emma smiled to herself as she thought about sneaking out to go and see him tonight. She hated sneaking out but she had no choice. Emma spray some breatgher freshner into her mouth and ran up towards Steve, Craig and Sandra

“Hey” Emma said and they turned around

“Hi” Steve said

“Where are you going? Emma said

“Oh just to the diner, after that test, I think we all need milkshakes to calm down” Steve said as he looked at Emma. She was pretty, she kind of reminded him of Rebecca

“Yeah I know” Emma said and she began to walk next to Steve as Sandra looked on jealous

“Just a toast tuna sanga mate, to take out” Adam said to lance who wrote the order down and took the order into the kitchen for Ailsa to prepare

Summer Bay

“This diner is really daggy” Emma said as they got outside the diner

Background music

“Its ok, you know my sister is co owner with your aunt” Steve said

“Oh, yeah, sorry about that”  Emma said and she looked at Sandra who smiled at her as Steve walked into the diner. Emma put her hand in her bag, she had a school trip permission slip she had to give to her Aunt. She wasnt going to be home later. As Emma walked into the diner, she was preoccupied by looking for the slip of paper

“Adam, your sandwich wont be long. Hello girls, how was school today” Ailsa said as she walked to the counter as Adam turned around and got a shock to see Emma wearing school uniform...

Background music ends dramatically

Chapter 233

Background music- Juke Box

I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign
Life is demanding without understanding
No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong
But where do you belong?

Adams eyes followed Emma as she walked from the door slowly to the counter. She didn’t look at him

“Why don’t you go and sit with your friends, I will bring you a milkshake over…what would you like? Ailsa said with a smile

“Ch chocolate” “Emma said as her heart beat really fast

“Right, ill bring it over. Adam, you haven’t met my niece have you? Emma this is Adam” Ailsa said

“Hi” Emma said without looking at Adam then she walked over to the both where Steve, Sandra and Craig sat.

Emma could feel Adam looking at her but she didn’t look at him. “Here you go Adam” Ailsa said as she came out of the kitchen with a sandwich in a bag. Adam didn’t respond, he was looking at Emma. Ailsa shook the sandwich bag and Adam turned around

“Lot on your mind today?” Ailsa said as Adam took the bag and gave her the money

“Yeah, something like that, thanks” Adam said they stared at Emma as he walked out.

I, under the pale moon, for so many years I wondered who you are
How could a person like you bring me joy?
Under the pale moon, where I see a lot of stars
Oo-hoo-hoo-oo-oo
Is enough enough?

“Has anyone heard from Viv?” Sandra said. She missed her friend. She wrote her a letter but got no response. Steve and Craig both shook their heads no as Emma didn’t respond.

“Steve do you remember where she lives? Maybe we can go and visit her on Saturday” Sandra said as she looked at Steve

“No, I don’t and I don’t think her mum would like that” Steve said

“I think I dropped my notebook outside when I was looking for my permission slip, Im going to try and find it” Emma said and she quickly got up and walked out of the diner. Emma looked around to see if she could see Adam then she looked and noticed him walking on the beach. She took off her shoes and beginning running towards him

“Here you go” Lance said as he put the milkshakes on the table then he walked back to the counter, put the tray down and wiped down the counter

“G’day” Lance looked up to see a man and little girl at the counter. Lance looked at the man, he looked really familiar then he remembered that he knew him

“G’day” Lance said

“Where is your old man?” Al said

“He don’t live around here no more” Lance said as Al looked around the diner. Bobby was his mate and he knew how Al treated her. He didn’t want to talk to him so he walked to the kitchen

Life is demanding without understanding
No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong
But where do you belong?
Oh, oh-oh-oh

“Lance, you shouldn’t leave a customer standing there” Ailsa said

“I am not serving him” Lance said as Ailsa looked at him “Why?” Ailsa said

“That’s Bobbys old man, well not Mr Fisher,  Al Simpson” Lance said as Ailsa looked at Al then at the girl and she walked out to the counter

“Yes, what can I get for you” Ailsa said with a smile

“Just a coffee thanks and a water” Al said as he looked at Ailsa

“Right, take a seat and I will bring them over “ Ailsa said and Al smiled and he walked over to the booth as Sophie followed. Ailsa made the coffee and watched as Sophie stared at the food and drink other customers were eating and drinking

Beach- Summer Bay

“ADAM” Adam turned around when he heard his name to see Emma running towards him then he turned around and carried on walking. Emma eventually caught up to Adam and grabbed his arm. Adam stopped walking and looked at her

“Look, I am sorry that I lied” Emma said. Adam didn’t say anything. He was shocked that he was falling for a school girl

“How old are you?” Adam said and Emma sighed

“16” Emma said as she looked down

“16? 16? Well that’s just great, do you know how old I am? 22. What will people think if they found out I was messing around with a school girl?” Adam said as he ran his hand threw his hair and shook his head

“Nobody has to know” Emma said and she grabbed Adams shirt Adam sighed. He really like her. He sighed then he pushed her hand away

“Just go back to the diner with your school friends and leave me alone” Adam said and walked away leaving Emma watching him walk away

Background music -Juke Box

Rhythm is a dancer
It's a soul companion
You can feel it everywhere
Lift your hands and voices
Free your mind and join us
You can feel it in the air

“Here you go love” Al said as he rushed to the counter and put the box on the counter

“You didn’t need to bring that over, I was going to ask Lance to come over later” Ailsa said

“No worries, I got to go, ill see you later” Alf said and kissed Ailsa cheek and turned around to see Al smiling at him. Alfs expression changed and he walked over to Al

“What are you doing here?” Alf said

“Is that how you greet an old friend?” Al said and smiled as Ailsa brought over the coffee and water and out it on the table

“Just drink your coffee and get out of here” Alf said as he looked at Al

“I believe this is my daughters diner, I think I have every right to be here” Al said and smiled as Alf looked at him then walked away.  Al smiled at Ailsa then he pushed the glass of water in front of Sophie who looked sad.

Oh, it's a passion
Oh, you can feel it, yeah
Oh, it's a passion
Oh
Rhythm is a dancer
It's a soul companion
You can feel it everywhere
Lift your hands and voices
Free your mind and join us
You can feel it in the air

Emma walked into the diner and sat down at her seat

“Did you find it?” Steve said

“What?” Emma said

“Your book, you said you  might’ve dropped it outside” Steve said

“Nnno I didn’t find it” Emma said and she picked up the glass and drank some of her milkshake and sighed

“G’day” Lance said as Grant walked up to the counter and sat down

“hello Grant, you are a bit early for work” Ailsa said with a smile as she looked at Al drinking his coffee slowly

“I just came by to drop the candles off for tonight” Grant said as he walked around to the kitchen and put the big bag of candles in the corner

“ So, have you heard anything about the investigation from the school?” Ailsa said

“No but I know the outcome so it doesn’t matter. I really like working here” Grant said

“Are you sure you want to waste all those years of study working here?” Ailsa said

“It’s a change” Grant said and smiled

“Do you hear anything from Viv and Tammy?” Ailsa said

“No, maybe things are going well for them. Mrs F said that’s one of the downsides to fostering, when the children are ready, you have to let them go” Grant said as Lance wiped a plate the suddenly remembered the letter he found

“Ummm Mrs S…can I go on my break now?” Lance said

“Not yet Lance, you have to wait for Lucinda to get back” Ailsa said

“Buts its real important that I go now” Lance said

“Is everything alright Lance?” Ails said as she looked at Lance

“Yea yeah yeah, Ijust need to go” Lance said

“I can cover while Lance takes his break” Grant said

“Thanks mate, I wont be long” Lance said and he ran out of the diner

Clive washed the plate and put it on the drying rack next to the sink and wiped his hands

“Knock on the door”

Clive put the towel down and walked towards the front door.  Alf turned around when the door opened to see Clive standing there

“I guess I know why you are here” Alf said as Clive smiled and opened the door wider for him to come in….

Archived