Chapter 216

Three weeks later

St Peters Church- Summer Bay

Background music

Who knows what tomorrow brings
In a world few hearts survive
All I know is the way I feel
When it's real, I keep it alive

Michael smiled as he looked at Celia walking down the aisle arm in arm with her father. She looked really nice. The church was full of people, most he didn’t know but he was willing to do anything.

The road is long
There are mountains in our way
But we climb a step every day

He then looked next to him at Haydn and smiled as he thought about how soon he would be filing with the court to have Haydn live with him and Celia full time. As Michael looked back towards Celia, his eyes locked with Morag who smiled at him. Michael didn’t smile, he looked back at Celia and waited for her.

Love lift us up where we belong
Where the eagles cry
On a mountain high

Waldorf Creek Park- Waldorf Creek

Carly smiled as Ben gave her an ice cream and gave her a hug. They were spending the day in Waldorf Creek. Things were perfect with Ben, she was really happy. The bruise on her arm had gone and she was spending the day with the man she loves.

Far from the world below
Up where the clear winds blow

Smart Residence- The City

Narelle opened her eyes and yawned then she looked at the clock on the table next to her and smiled. It had been a late night. She worked then Jeff meet her and they went for a late dinner. Narelle fluffed the pillows under her head as she heard Jeff flush the toilet and smiled. Finally, she might have found the man of her dreams.

Jeff looked at his face in the mirror over the sink. He looked down and opened the cold tap, takings some of the cold water and wiping his nose with it then drying his hands on his briefs and smiled

Some hang on to used to be
Live their lives looking behind
All we have is here and now
All our lives, out there to find

Macklin Office- Manhattan, New York

Frank looked at his watch, it was 5:15pm. He had to hurry because he and Roo were going to eat dinner and go and watch a movie. Frank opened his draw and pulled out the letter to Pippa that he had to post. He put it in the side of his bag, put his coat on and rushed out of the office

The road is long
There are mountains in our way
But we climb a step every day

Newton Residence- Newcastle

“Angela you have been so strong, this has been an awful time for you” Joan said

“Thank you Joan. Yes it has been an awful time but I am grateful that I have friends like you and the other ladies in the guild who are being supportive” Angela said and smiled “Thank you for the lovely pie” Angela said and smiled. She told the ladies guild that her children were staying with relatives because they were too traumatized to stay in the house. “Well I better be heading off now…call me if you need anything” Joan said as she hugged Angela who smiled and let herself out of the house. Angelas smile disappeared as she got up and took the pie to the kitchen and put it in the rubbish bin. Angela sighed then she walked back into the living room. “What a waste of time” She said a she remembered her conversation with Doris Peters who had since moved from Summer Bay and had no way of helping her get her children back. Social services had decided to temporarily allow her children to stay in Summer Bay since they had already started school and she was advised to start some counselling. The Children had the option to visit her but they declined because their foster parent was influencing them, Angela thought to herself. “I am going to get my children back, one way or another and they are going to pay” Angela said as she breathed heavily in anger

Where the eagles cry
On a mountain high

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Viv smiled as she put the last fork on the table. Bobby got her a part time job at the resort and she was as a server for Ms Stewarts wedding reception. She really liked Bobby, she was like a big sister to her and Tammy. Now she was going to earn her own money.

“Hey, we need to do the napkins, ill go and get then” Craig said as he walked out of the banquet hall. Craig was temporary staff when the resort had functions Craig walked towards the store room. As Craig opened the door, he picked up the napkins and before he walked out,  he heard some noises and slowly walked to the back of the store room . When he got to the back, he opened his eyes when he saw the banquet manager Jonathan having sex with one of the waiters. When the banquet manager saw him, Craig thought he would get into trouble but he smiled and motioned for him to come over. Craig was shocked then he turned around and rushed out of the room

Far from the world we know
Where the clear winds blow

Edison Agency- Manhattan, New York

Roo signed the last document she needed to sign and out her coat on. As she put a folder in her bag, some papers fell on the floor. Roo bent down to pick them up and sighed. One was an invitation to Donavan and Nancy’s wedding. Roo inhaled deeply and exhaled then she put the invitation in her draw. Frank was giving her another chance and she was going to make it work.

Time goes by
No time to cry
Life's you and I
Alone, baby

Learning center- St Albans Australia

Bobby smiled as the class clapped for her. She had just taught a cooking class to some troubled teenagers which was organized by the NSW council. She was happy that she didn’t have to go to Celia’s wedding. The children were receptive after hearing her story, most were shocked that she had been through what she had been through. As Bobby cleared away her things, the students one by one came and gave her a hug. Bobby smiled. Things were getting better…

Where the eagles cry on a mountain high
Far from the world we know, where the clear winds blow

Bankstown- Australia

As the car drove passed the shops, Sophie looked out of the window as families were enjoying the sunny day. Sophie watched as a little girl walked out of a clothes shop with her mum.  Sophie sighed. One day Bobby was going to find her and take her to the shops and buy her a pretty dress.

Background music ends

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Chapter 217

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Background music

You are so beautiful
To me

Morag sip her drink as her parents spoke over themselves arguing about her needing to find someone to be with. As they talked Morag stared at Michael and Celia as they danced. Celia looked very happy and for the first time, Morag felt jealous of her. As they danced, Michael looked up and locked eyes with Morag and she smiled. Michael didn’t respond, he looked at Celia and smiled

You are so beautiful
To me

Viv exhaled, her first day at the resort had been really busy. She had just poured water to refill the glasses of the guests and was back at the drinks station

“Hi, how is it going?” Viv looked to her right to see Grant standing by the door with a smile

“Really good, busy but good. I don’t think I can ever thank Bobby for this opportunity” Viv said as she felt butterflies in her stomach, she was happier than she ever thought possible

“Ok, give me a call when you finished. Ill come and pick you up” Grant said

“Ok” Viv said and smiled as she watched Grant leave…not knowing that she wasn’t the only one in the room who recognized Grant…

Can't you see

You're everything I hope for
You're everything I need

“You are looking well Barbra” Donald said as he sat next to his ex-wife. For some reason, they had been seated together at the same table “Thanks Barbra said as she ate some of her sorbet

“Bobby not coming?” Barbra said

“No..I believe she still has media obligations for the NSW council” Donald said. To be honest, he didn’t know why Bobby wasn’t at the wedding reception. They had not spoken since she moved out and Bobby didn’t seem to want to make a mend.

You are so beautiful to me

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa blew her nose and walked to the kitchen and put the kettle on

“Pippa, what are you doing out of bed?” Steve said as he got off the couch and walked behind Pippa

“I am feeling much better now” Pippa said then she sneezed

“No, Carly and Bobby said you are not to get out of bed. I have everything under control here. Sally and Tammy are up in her room and Chris is fine” Steve said and Pippa sighed then she looked at Steve and smiled. The last few days she had been in bed with a cold and her children would not let her do anything

“I will make you some tea, please go back to bed” Steve said as he looked at Pippa and she smiled

“knock on the door”

“get it” Christopher said and began walking to the door as Pippa walked up the stairs

“I don’t think so” Steve said and he rushed in front of Christopher. When he opened the door he got a surprise and smiled

You are so beautiful
To me
Can't you see

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

“You look beautiful sis” Alf said as he put an arm around Celia and kissed the side of her head

“Thank you Alfred, I never expected that this day would come but it has and I am really happy” Celia said

“You are going to be really happy sis. At first I wasn’t sure about Michael but ive gotten to know him these last few weeks and he appears to be a stand up bloke…good on you” Alf said

“Thank you Alfred” Celia said and smiled

“By the way, where is your husband, he disappeared already?” Alf said and Celia playfully hit his arm and they both started to laugh

You're everything I hope for
You're every, everything I need

Ailsa flushed the toilet and walked over to the sink and washed her hands. Ailsa walked out of the bathroom and began walking back to the banquet hall when she heard some noises and familiar laughing. Ailsa heard a door open and she hid around the corner and saw Morag and Michael coming out of a room. Morag turned back and kissed Michael as he rushed to zip up his trousers. Ailsa watched shocked as Morag kissed Michael and wiped lipstick from his mouth and fixed her dress then Michael rushed back towards the banquet hall as Morag waited a while then made her way back to the banquet hall.

Background music ends

Mitchell/Woods Residence- Summer Bay

Megan tried Jeffs number again and when he didnt answer, she put the phone down and sighed. Anytime she called he wasn't in and when she went around to see him, he was always busy. Basically meaning he was no longer interested. Megan sighed again and walked out of her room and into the living room and watched as  Grant sat on the veranda playing his guitar. He was alone, the brats were not home...this was her chance to make a move. Megan exhaled then she walked to the veranda and opened the sliding doors...

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Background music

Aruba, Jamaica, oh I want to take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go, Jamaica

Off the Florida Keys, there's a place called Kokomo
That's where you want to go to get away from it all
Bodies in the sand, tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling in love to the rhythm of a steel drum band
Down in Kokomo

Morag thanked the bartender and when she turned around, she was face to face with Ailsa

“I am not here to cause any trouble, I just came to my sister’s wedding, I am leaving in the morning” Morag said as she looked at Ailsa

“Hopefully you never come back” Morag said

“Come on now Ailsa, I said I will be under my best behavior” Morag said

“I don’t think you know how to be under your best behavior. I dont think you understand when you are hurting people” Ailsa said

“Look, I haven’t gone anywhere near that dreadful girl since I have been here. All I am here to do is see my sister get married” Morag said and laughed

“Stay away from me, stay away from Bobby and stay away from my family…I mean it otherwise I will make sure that every single member of your family turn against you…especially Celia” Ailsa said and Morag stopped laughing. Ailsa knows, Morag thought to herself and she looked down into her glass as Ailsa walked away

Aruba, Jamaica, oh I want to take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go
oh I want to take you down to
Kokomo, we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
That's where we want to go, way down in Kokomo

Martinique, that Montserrat mystique

Army Barracks-Brisbane

Martin closed the cold tap and wiped his face with a nearby towel then slowly raised his head up and looked at himself in the mirror above the sink. He ran his hand over his near bald head and smiled. He had joined the Army, he wanted to be respected by people and he was going to do just that.

We'll put out to sea and we'll perfect our chemistry
And by and by we'll defy a little bit of gravity
Afternoon delight, cocktails and moonlit nights
That dreamy look in your eye, give me a tropical contact high
Way down in Kokomo

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Pippa, you have a visitor” Steve said as he stood at the bottom of the stairs. When he heard Pippa walking down the stairs, he walked upstairs with Christopher

“Where are you going?” Pippa said

“Chris and I are going to hang out in my room for a while” Steve said and smiled

“Who is downstairs?” Pippa said

“A visitor” Steve said and he and Christopher went upstairs

Pippa sneezed as she went done the stairs and when she got downstairs, she put her hand over her mouth

“Alex” Pippa said as she walked towards Reverend Jones

“Good Afternoon” Reverend Jones said and smiled. Pippa rushed towards him and gave him a big hug then she looked at him and leaned forward and kissed him which surprised Alex. Pippa then hugged him tight

“I waited for you” Pippa said as she looked at Reverend Jones

“Thank you…I missed you” Reverend Jones

“I missed you too” Pippa said as Reverend Jones kissed her cheek and Pippa hugged him tight

“It it over?” Pippa said

“No but I just had to see you…I decided to leave the Church” Reverend Jones said as Pippa looked at him surprised

Background music ends

Today is the one year anniversary of me starting this fanfiction. I honestly didn't think I would still be writing this one year later and still enjoying the process. Thank you to all of you who read and comment, and thank you to all of you who read and don't comment  :) . I am glad you are all still enjoying my words. Lost of surprises still in store for 1991, so please keep reading :)

Chapter 218

“Why did you stop?” Megan said as Grant pulled away from kissing her

“Because things are different now” Grant said

“What do you mean? I don’t understand” Megan said with a confused look on her face

“Look, I have Tammy and Viv in my life now. My focus is them. I don’t get the impression that being a mother is something you want and I don’t expect that from you” Grant said

“You haven’t even asked me” Megan said

“I don’t need to” Grant said as Megan sighed. She knew that he was right

“What happens now” Megan said

“We can still be friends, that is all I have to offer right now” Grant said. He found Megan attractive but she wasn’t his type

“I guess you want me to move out” Megan said

“No, this is your home too…unless you want to move out” Grant said

“To make way for Bobby to move in?” Megan said sarcastically. She had seen the way Grant acted around Bobby. As far as she was concerned, he had feelings for her

“Bobby? What does she have to do with anything?” Grant said confused

“Nothing, I am going to have a surf before the sunset” Megan said and sighed then left the house

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Background music

I got chills
They're multiplying
And I'm losing control
Cause the power you're supplying It's electrifying!

You better shape up
Cause I need a man
And my heart is set on you

“Uncle Alf, I didn’t know that you are such a good dancer” Lucinda said as she danced with Alf. Alf laughed

“You should’ve seen me in my hay day” Alf said and they both laughed

“Hopefully I get to dance with you at your wedding. Ruthy is married and hopefully you will be soon” Alf said as he smiled at Lucinda. She smiled back. The only person she wanted to marry died. Even though she dated others, Shane was the only person she ever loved and she didn’t know if that was ever going to end

You better shape up
You better understand
To my heart I must be true
Nothing left

Morag scanned the room as she drank her whiskey then came face to face with Ailsa. She looked down in her glass. She couldn’t believe that Ailsa of all people knew about her and Michael. Even if she did, Ailsa turning to her when she was going through post natal depression had to count for something. Morag sighed then she looked around the room again and locked eyes with Barbra, her younger sister. This was the first time she had seen her since it was revealed that she had slept with Donald while they were married.

Nothing left for me to do
You're the one that I want
Oo-oo-oo
The one that I want

Oo-oo-oo
The one that I want
Oo-oo-oo, the one I need
Oh, yes indeed

Viv wiped her forehead, it was really busy but she was enjoying herself

“Craig, we need to fill the water glasses” Viv said. Craig didn’t respond. He just stared at Jonathan the banquet manager. He was still shocked by what he saw earlier and how he felt about it

“Craig” Craig jumped when he heard his name called

“Are you alright?” Viv said as she looked at Craig

“Yeah, fine..why?” Craig said

“I was just saying we need to fill the water glasses” Viv said as she looked at Craig confused

“Ok” Craig said and picked up the jug and walked towards the tables

If you're filled
With affection
You're too shy to convey
Better take my direction

Feel your way
Feel your way
You better shape up
'Cause I need a man

“Morag why are you sitting on your own drinking, that’s not like you” Alf said as he sat down next to her sister

“Im not on my own, you are here” Morag said and smiled at her brother

“How is Perth?” Alf said

“As exciting as watching paint dry” Morag said and they both laughed

“It’s a big change, something that I needed. The law practice is going well and I have taken up gardening” Morag said and smiled

“You? Gardening?” Alf said and laughed and Morag shook her head then they both looked at Celia who was dancing with Michael

“Who would’ve thought that we would be sitting here watching our baby sister dance at her wedding” Alf said while Morag felt jealous then she smiled to herself as she drank her whiskey, remembering what happened earlier with Michael

“I am glad she found someone, she deserves it. I think all those years of gossiping were out of loneliness”. Alf said as he watched Celia

“I guess we will soon find out” Morag said and Alf looked at her and shook her head

“This is the first time I am seeing Barbra” Morag said as Alf looked at her confused then a lightbulb went off in his head

“Have you said anything to her?” Alf said

“No” Morag said

“Well whatever you decide to do, this is Celia’s day, don’t ruin it for her” Alf said as Morag looked at him

Who can keep me satisfied
You better shape up
If you're gonna prove
That my faith is justified

Are you sure
Yes I'm sure down deep inside
You're the one that I want
Oo-oo-oo

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa put the cup in front of Reverend Jones and sat down and looked at him and smiled

“Thank you” Reverend Jones said

“What you said earlier, do you mean it? Pippa said

“About leaving the church?” Reverend Jones said then sipped his coffee

“Yes” Pippa said

“Yes” Reverend Jones said and put the cup on the table

“For a number of reasons but the main one is I don’t feel worthy to wear the collar anymore” Reverend Jones said

Emotional background music

“But you are innocent” Pippa said

“Thank you for believing in me but I know many people don’t” Reverend Jones said

“You said you didn’t care what the rest of the town said” Pippa said

“I know…even if I move to somewhere else, allegations like these always have a way of sneaking up then the whole thing starts again” Reverend Jones said as Pippa reached foreward and held his hand. Reverend Jones smiled

“You love the church so much” Pippa said

“Yes, I do but I don’t know if I can deal with having to look over my shoulder waiting for someone to find out about me. Also, its not fair to the church to have to go through all of this” Reverend Jones said and Pippa looked at him

“Do you mind if I say something?” Pippa said

“Of course not” Reverend Jones said

“I don’t believe the reason you just gave “ Pippa said as Reverend Jones looked at her

“I know you…and if you are still the Alex who helped rescue Tammy and Viv, that isn’t the Alex who would be scared of what other people think of him” Pippa said as she looked at Reverend Jones. Reverend Jones smiled and shook his head. He really didn’t expect this response from Phillipa

“I guess you are right…I am not worried about what people think of me…I am worried about what one person thinks of me…you” Reverend Jones said as Pippa looked at him

“Alex.. my opinion of you have never changed. We all love you and know you are innocent” Pippa said as Reverend Jones sighed

“You don’t know how good it feels to hear you say this” Reverend Jones said

“You came back into my life at a time when I really needed you…and I will be here when you need me” Pippa said and squeezed Reverend Jones hand. He smiled. Pippa inhaled then exhaled

“Fight this..I will be waiting for you” Pippa said and she looked at Reverend Jones. She didn’t expect to say it but she did. She had butterflies in her stomach and her head was telling her something else but none of that mattered now, she was with the man she wanted to be with right now.

Background music ends…

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Background music

Now she is afraid to come out of the water.
And I wonder what she's gonna do.
'Cause she's afraid to come out of the water.
And now the poor little girl's turning blue.
Two, three, four, tell the people what she wore!

Doris peters sat down and drank her drink really fast and fanned herself. She was dancing  with Bob Barnett and just had to come and sit down.

“Hello Doris, nice to see you” Doris looked up to see Dolly Wilcox, someone who used to live in Summer Bay years ago

“Hello Dolly” Doris said and they hugged each other

“I wasn’t expecting to see you back here” Doris said

“I couldn’t miss Celia’s wedding…to be honest, I wanted to make sure this was actually a real wedding and not a figment of her imagination” Dolly said and both women laughed

“Summer Bay hasn’t changed much has it?” Dolly said

“Of course not. I moved to Waldorf creek myself. I am just here for the wedding” Doris said

“Dolly and Doris, I am so glad you made it” Dolly and Doris looked up to see Celia standing near them in her wedding dress then she sat down

“Oh Celia, I wouldn’t dream of missing your special day. When I got the invitation, I know I just had to come” Dolly said and smiled

“I was just saying to Doris that Summer Bay hasn’t changed much..still letting in all the riffraff” Dolly said

“What do you mean?” Celia said confused

“Grant Mitchell” Dolly said and Doris looked at her with a look of confusion on her face. She had heard that name before but couldn’t remember where since her memory was not as good as it once was

“Oh Grant, yes, he is a teacher at the school. He recently became a foster father to two wonderful girls. One is over there” Celia said as she pointed at Viv.

“After what he did, he shouldn’t be allowed to be near little girls” Dolly said

"What ever do you mean?" Celia said with a confused look on her face

"Well....you know I am not one to gossip,  but I wouldn't be doing my duty to society if I didnt inform you of who your neighbours are" Dolly said as Celia  pulled her chair closer as Dolly began to tell Celia and Doris about a male teacher who fired for inappropriate behave with an under aged student…

It was an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini.
That she wore for the first time today.
An itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini.
So in the water she wanted to stay.

Background music ends

Happy new year!

Chapter 219

Manhattan- New York

“New York is lovely at night” Roo said as she put her head on Franks shoulder as they walked hand in hand from the restaurant to the cinema

“Yeah, but nothing beats watching the sunset on a beach ” Frank said

“Yeah but we are here now” Roo said

“Yeah, I know” Frank said

“Frank, Hi” Frank looked around to see Sam coming out of takeaway

“Hi” Frank said with a big smile.

“Happy new year” Sam said as she smiled at Frank and Roo and got no response from Roo

“Happy new year, how are you?” Frank said

“Good, I have been doing an internship at a children’s hospital, today was my last day so its takeout to celebrate” Sam said as she lifted her Chinese bag and smiled

“Have you heard from Kate?” Frank said

“When I got back, I had some mail for her so I called to let her know I was sending it” Sam said

“How is she?” Frank said as Roo was starting to get annoyed but she stopped herself, they were starting new this year

“She sounds happy. You know, taking things easy for a while until she finds work” Sam said

“That’s good. Hey, next time you hear from her, ask her if I can have a number or something to stay in touch” Frank said and Sam looked at Roo, she could tell Roo was getting impatient

“Well, I want to get home before this gets cold” Sam said

“Sure, see you later” Frank said

“Ok, have a good evening” Sam said and she walked away

“Sorry about that” Frank said as he looked at Roo

“That’s ok” Roo said faking a smile then they continued to walk to the cinema

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Alf put Duncan in his cot and slowly closed the door.

“Ill make us a cuppa..do you want anything Haydn” Ailsa said as Alf walked into the living room

“No” Haydn said as he looked around the living room. He was staying the night with the Stewarts while Michael and Celia enjoyed some time alone

“I can make it” Sandra said as she smiled

“Its alright love, Ill make it, you have been spending most of the day entertaining Duncan, you need the break” Ailsa said and smiled

“Ok, I am going to bed. Thanks for inviting me to the wedding” Sandra said and smiled

“Youre welcome love. Night” Ailsa said

“Night love” Alf said

“Night” Sandra said and went to her room

“Yeah, I want to go to bed too” Haydn said

“Ok, ill show you to your room” Celia said as Haydn walked behind her. Ailsa opened the spare bedroom door and they both walked in

“Here you go…if you need anything let us know” Ailsa said as he smiled at Haydn

“Ok” Haydn said as Ailsa walked out and closed the door. Haydn looked around the room and out his bag on the floor and sat on the bed. Haydn then reached into the front pocket of his bag and took out the $20 he took from Ailsa’s bag when she wasn’t looking and smiled

"Your dad is a real groover" Ailsa said

“Yeah I know,  hope he didnt put his back out" Alf said as Ailsa laughed

I cant believe Celia is married” Alf said

“Yes. I know…but I am glad it happened for her” Ailsa said

“Hopefully she will keep her trap shut now that she is a married woman” Alf said then Ailsa looked at him then they both shook their heads and laughed

“Ill get that cuppa” Ailsa said and got up and walked to the kitchen.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Bobby closed the door, it had been a long day. She had really enjoyed her time with the youth. She put her bags on the table and walked into the kitchen, opened the fridge and took out some juice. She walked back over to her the table and looked through the newspaper then she looked to her left as she heard someone coming down the stair

“Oh, sorry, I didn’t know you were home” Steve said as he walked into the living room

“That’s OK” Bobby said as she looked at Steve. Since she moved back home, she noticed that Steve had been distant from her…he had been distant since she lost Tom. Bobby watched as Steve took some water out of the fridge

“Night” Steve said and began to walk towards the stairs

“Steve” bobby said and Steve turned around

“I am really tired, I want to get an early night” Steve said

“I want to talk to you” Bobby said and Steve sighed then he walked over to the table and sat down

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Is there something wrong?” Bobby said as she sat down and looked at Steve

“No” Steve said as he looked at the table

“Steve” Bobby said as she touched Steves arm

“Nothing is wrong” Steve said as he quickly looked at Bobby then he looked away.

“Steve I am your sister, what is wrong?” Bobby said

“Nothing…honest” Steve said

“So why can’t you look at me?” Bobby said. Steve didn’t respond and Bobby sighed

“I am tired, I really want to go to bed” Steve said then he got up and walked towards the stairs before he started to cry. Bobby watched him go and sighed

Background music ends

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Morag changed the channel on the TV, there was nothing that interested her. She took the towel off her head and threw it at the chair. She walked over to the mini bar and took out some whiskey and a glass and poured some for herself and walked over to her bed and sat down. She picked up the newspaper on the nightstand and looked at it. As she read it she sighed

Flashback

Morag- Barbra

Barbra- Morag

Morag- We need to talk

Barbra- About you sleeping with my husband?

Morag- It wasn’t intentional

Barbra- It never is with you, is it Morag?

Morag-  Barbra it was a mistake over 20 years ago, you are not even married to Donald anymore

Barbra- Goodbye Morag

Morag- Please Barbra, don’t go,

Barbra- You cant even say you are sorry, can you?

Morag- I am

Barbra- No, youre not. You are never sorry for anything. That’s your trouble, excuse me

Flashback ends

Morag sighed again then she got up and walked over to her bag and pulled out the babys hat then walked back to the bed and put the hat on her chest then she thought about her encounter with Michael earlier and how he left arm in arm with Celia.  Then she laid on the bed and thought about how alone she is and cried

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Love me tender, love me sweet
Never let me go

You have made my life complete
And I love you so

Celia smiled to herself as she softly sang the song in the bathroom. She looked at  herself in the mirror and fixed her hair. She wore a white lace night gown and matching dressing gown. She sprayed some perfume behind her ears and exhaled. Tonight is finally going to be the night. Celia inhaled and exhaled again as she opened the bathroom door and turned off the light. She could sEe Michael lying in bed waiting for her. Celia softly walked over to the bed and took off her nightgown and got into the bed beside Michael and waited. After a few seconds of nothing, Celia raised her head and looked in Michaels direction..he had fallen asleep.  Celia nudged him a few times but he was in a deep sleep that he didn’t wake up. Celia sighed and put her head back on the pillow, turning her face to the wall and sighed.

Chapter 220

One week later…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Happy birthday dear Sally and Frank, happy birthday to you” Sally looked at the cake as her family sang to her.

“Are you not going to blow out your candles sweetheart” Pippa said as she looked at Sally. Sally shook her head no and Pippa sighed

“Can I go to my room” Sally said

“Don’t you want to open your presents first? Pippa said. She knew why Sally was upset, she shouldn’t have put Franks name on the cake but it was their tradition. Frank and Sally always shared a cake

“No” Sally said

“Ok, you can go to your room” Pippa said and Sally ran upstairs as Bobby followed her

“What’s wrong with her?” Steve said

“Its this thing with Frank, its still upsetting her” Pippa said and she picked up the cake and took it to the kitchen as Steve sighed.

Bobby knocked on Sallys door “Sal, can I come in?” Bobby said. Sally turned around and looked at the door and nodded her head

Background music- Frank and Bobbys theme

“Whats wrong Sal? Bobby said as she sat down next to Sally

“Bobby can you please make me a different cake” Sally said

“Why Sal, Pippa spent all morning making a cake for you” Bobby said

“I don’t want that one” Sally said

“Can you tell me why?” Bobby said and Sally didn’t respond

“Is it because of Frank?” Bobby said and Sally nodded her head and Bobby sighed then she pulled Sally close to her and Sally began to cry

“Don’t cry Sal, its your birthday” Bobby said

“I don’t want to share my birthday anymore with Frank” Sally said

“Why Sal, I thought you loved Frank” Bobby said and Sally shook her head no and cried harder

“Ok, Ill make you another cake if you promise not to cry” Bobby said and wiped the tears from Sally’s face and she smiled

“I promise” Sally said and Bobby smiled

“I love you Bobby” Sally said

“I love you to squirt” Bobby said and sighed

Background music ends

Morgan residence- New York

Frank- Hes grown so much

Tom- Yeah, he looks just like you

Frank- Ive missed him so much

Tom- Yeah, I thought you would want to see him on your birthday

Frank- Thank you so much for bringing him

Tom- How are you?

Frank- Ok, things are good with Roo and at work

Tom- Good, anyway, we need to get going now

Frank- So soon?

Tom- Yeah

Frank- Ok, my son, ill see you soon. I love you

Frank opened his eyes and sat up in the bed and looked around. He had a strange dream which felt really real. He looked next to him, Roo was fast asleep then he looked at the clock on the table next to him. It was officially his and Sally’s birthday. Frank smiled to himself and slowly got out of bed and walked over to his jacket and took out his calling card and sat on the couch

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa sighed as she came back into the house. Steve was clearing the breakfast dishes away, Sally decided that she wanted to spend the day with Bobby at the resort and Carly had left for work.

“I can talk to Bobby if you want about getting your old job back at the diner” Pippa said

“No, its alright…besides, Sandra works there now, I don’t think there are any jobs” Steve said

“Ok, there might be jobs at the resort” Pippa said and Steve didn’t respond

“Steve, are you alright?” Pippa said

“Yeah, just got lots of homework to do” Steve said

Phone ringing

“Ill get it” Steve said as Pippa watched him walk to the phone

“Summer bay caravan Park” Steve said as he picked up the receiver

“Hi Steve, how are you?” Frank said

“Hi Frank, happy birthday” Steve said as his heart dropped and expression changed. Pippa noticed and walked towards the phone

“Thanks, how are you, how is school? I havnt spoke to you for a long time” Frank said

“Yeah, school is good. Sorry been busy” Steve said

“Oh right, where is Sal, did she have our cake?” Frank said

“Sal has gone out with Bobby, they are spending the day together at the resort” Steve said

“Oh right, that’s a shame that I missed her” Frank said

“Pippa is here, I got to go and get some homework done” Steve said

“Hey, you never gave an update on your love triangle” Frank said

“Not much to update, I got to go now, bye” Steve said and he gave the phone to Pippa and walked up the stairs

“Happy birthday love…..yes you just missed her…..yes, she had the cake….well we are having a dinner party tonight. Sally wanted a grown up one so we are all getting dressed…ok, if its not too late, we will call…did you get the card….yes she hasn’t opened her cards and presents yet…alright love..have a good day..I love you you…bye” Pippa said then she put the phone down, sighed and walked towards the stairs

Steve laid on his bed and looked at the ceiling.

flashback

Steve- Im going to miss you Frank

Frank- I'm going to miss you too mate. I am always at the end of the phone if you need me

Steve – Thank you

Frank- Take care of Bobby for me

Steve- I promise

Flashback ends

Knock on the door

“Can I come in?” Pippa said as she opened the door. Steve sat up and nodded as Pippa walked in and sat at the end of the bed

“I hope you don’t mind me saying this but even though I am not your real mum, I think I have known you long enough to know when there is something wrong. Pippa said

“Im fine” Steve said feeling himself get upset

“If it’s a bloke thing and you don’t want to talk to me, maybe you can talk to Grant but whatever it is, its not making you happy” Pippa said

“Im fine, its nothing” Steve said

“You’re not love” Pippa said and reached for Steve’s hand and he couldn’t hold it in anymore

“Oh Pippa” Steve said and hugged her and began to cry

“What is wrong?” Pippa said as she comforted Steve

“Pippa I cant live here anymore” Steve said as he  moved back and looked at Pippa

“Why? What is the matter?” Pippa said confused

“It was my fault and he is never going to forgive me..I was suppose to look after her and I didn’t” Steve said and he began to cry again

“I don’t understand Steve, what is this about?” Pippa said as Steve wiped his face on his shirt and sighed

“Pippa, I cant say, I don’t want to betray them..I cant say” Steve said

“Betray who Steve? Sweetheart, I cant help you if you don’t tell me what is going on” Pippa said

“Betray Frank…Pippa you have to promise you wont say anything..I told Reverend Jones and I thought I could handle it but I cant, I really cant” Steve said

“I promise sweetheart…is this something to do with Frank?” Pippa said as Steve nodded

“and Bobby” Pippa said and Steve nodded

“and the baby?” Pippa said and Steve nodded

“Bobby told me that Frank is Tom’s father” Pippa said and Steve exhaled

“I knew they were seeing each other. They hid it but even though we are not blood relatives, they are my siblings, I could tell. Frank asked me to look after Bobby and I promised I would. Pippa it was my fault she lost the baby. When Mrs Bellingham came into the diner, I didn’t want to leave her alone with Bobby but Bobby said it was alright, I shouldn’t have listen, I should’ve been there. How do I tell Frank that he told me to look after Bobby and it was my fault their baby died” Steve said and wiped more tears from his face.

“Oh sweetheart” Pippa said and she stroked Steves arm

“Anytime Frank calls I feel so guilty and with Bobby living here, it makes things worse. Pippa I cant take the guilt. If Bobby found out, she would hate me because I was supposed to protect her” Steve said

“She wont hate you. We don’t know why baby Tom died but it wasn’t your fault. As far as Frank goes, Bobby doesn’t want him to know about baby Tom and we have to respect her wishes” Pippa said

“I think you should talk to Bobby, at least let her know how you feel. This is an important school year for you, I don’t want this affecting your school work” Pippa said

“What about Frank?” Steve said and sighed

“For now, I don’t think you should answer the phone, that way you are not put in an awkward situation…will that help?” Pippa said and Steve nodded

“Thank you for making things better…even though my real mum is not here, you are my mum too” Steve said and Pippa smiled and hugged him

Background music ends

Peters Residence- Waldorf Creek

Doris used the duster to clean around the table as she listened to the news on the radio. When she got to the desk with the phone on, she put the duster down and started picking up old pieces of paper and ripping them into two. Doris picked up one last piece of paper and before she ripped it up, she looked at the name written on it

“Grant Mitchell, Summer bay high school” Doris said to herself as she wondered where she heard that name before. For a few seconds Doris thought about it and nothing came to mind and she threw the paper into the small bag of papers she was holding

“Wollongong police department arrested the man in suspicion of a sexual assault on a teenage girl”

As Doris heard the news on the radio, it came to her mind where she heard the name Grant Mitchell. Doris immediately put the bag down and rushed to the phone and picked up her address book. Her  hands were shaking as she struggled to find the number she was looking for then finally she did and sat down at the desk and picked up the phone and dialed

“Hello Angela? Its Doris Peters love, how are you?..good…well you know I am not one to gossip but I found out some information which I think you may find interesting” Dorsi said and smiled to herself

Chapter 221

Nine days later

The Bistro- The City

Matt replaced the filter in the coffee machine on the counter and yawned. He was up until late helping his dad out with the engine in his car. Things were different with his parents now, they didn’t see him as a no hoper now that he had a good job. Initially he wanted to move out on his own but now that the relationship was better, he enjoyed being at home with them. Matt sighed, then he thought about Barbra and how he couldn’t seem to get out of that situation. He felt some level of guilt after she actually did miscarry but still wanted out until he found out that Carly is serious with her new bloke

Phone ringing

Matt walked over to the phone and picked it up “The Bistro, Matt speaking” Matt said

“Hi Matt, its Lucinda, how are you?” Lucinda said

“Good Lucinda, how are you?” Matt said. It was strange to see Lucinda as it brought back so many memories of what happened to his brother Shane. Shane was his hero, even though Shane was three years older, they were best friends until Shane was taken away from him.

“I hope you don’t mind me calling, I will be in the city next week for a second interview and wondered if you want to have lunch, maybe talk about old times” Lucinda said

“Yeah, sure. I will probably be working here all week so come by after your interview” Matt said

“Ok, I will…its so great to catch up with you again” Lucinda said

“Yeah” Matt said

“Ok bye” Lucinda said

“See you later” Matt said and he put the phone down and thought about the day his parents told him that Shane had been killed….

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Background music

Baby, baby
I'm taken with the notion
To love you with the sweetest of devotion

Baby, baby
My tender love will flow from
The bluest sky to the deepest ocean

Carly put the plates down on the counter and Lance picked. Carly then picked up the empty plates as Lucinda put the phone down and smiled. Carly walked into the kitchen and Lucinda walked in behind her . Shortly after Ailsa came in and put her bag down.

“ Aunt Ailsa, Is it ok for me to take my lunch break now?” Lucinda said as Ailsa washed her hands

“Yes love, things have quietened down now” Ailsa said as Carly washed the dishes

Stop for a minute
Baby, I'm so glad you're mine, yeah
You're mine

Baby, baby
The stars are shining for you
And just like me I'm sure that they adore you

“Before I forget, I have to go into the City again next week for a second interview, do you mind if I have the day off?” Lucinda said

“You need the whole day off?” Carly said and rolled her eyes in a joking way

“Haha, yes I do. I am going to see an old friend for lunch. He lives in the city now” Lucinda said

“He? I wonder what Adam will think of that” Carly said as Ailsa closed the oven and smiled

“Haha, we are just old friends” Lucinda said

“Are you sure about that? You have a big smile across your face” Carly said

“Yes” Lucinda said as she began to walk out of the kitchen then turned around

“Actually, you might know him, he grew up around here” Lucinda said

“Who is it? We know most of the kids who grew up around here” Carly said  as Lucinda put her bag cross body

“Matt, Matt Wilson” Lucnda said and Carlys heart dropped

“Yeah, he went to school with me and Bobby” Carly said and she went back to washing the dishes

Baby, baby
Go walking through the forest
The birds above a' singing you a chorus

“Yes of course and Ruth too. When we were younger, Ruth and I said we were going to be inlaws, she was going to marry Matt and I was going to marry his brother Shane. Funny how life turns out” Lucinda said and smiled then she walked out of the kitchen as Carly sighed. Ailsa looked at Carly

“Aunt Ailsa, there is someone here to see you” Lucinda said as she brefly walked back into the kitchen

“Thanks” Ailsa said and followed her out

Stop for a minute
Baby, they're so glad you're mine, oh yeah
And ever since the day you put my heart in motion
Baby I realize that there's just no getting over you

“Yes, how can I help you” Ailsa said to the young woman who was standing at the counter. She had black spikey hair and lots of black make up. As Ailsa looked at her, she wasnt sure why this young lady would be looking for her.

“Auntie Ailsa” The young woman said as she looked at Ailsa. Ailsa looked at her with a confused look

“Auntie Ailsa, its me, Emma” Emma said as Ailsa looked at her in shock. It was her sisters daughter. One she had not seen for many years

Baby, baby
In any kind of weather
I'm here for you always and forever

Baby, baby
No muscle man could sever
My love for you is true and it will never

City University- The City

Bobby listened attentively as the lecturer spoke and quickly wrote down what she needed to remember. As the bell rang to indicate the end of the lesson, Bobby began to put her books into her bag and get up from her chair. Bobby pulled out her class schedule, she had time to go to the library and get some lunch before her last class for the day. Bobby smiled to herself and put her class schedule into her bag and walked to the library

Stop for a minute
Baby, they're so glad you're mine

O’Malley Irish Pub- New York

Frank put his cards on the table and drank his beer, he had won again. The person he was playing signed then opened his wallet, put his $50 down and walked away. Frank smiled to himself and got up. He put his jacket and bag on, walked towards the door and stepped out into the cool air. Frank looked at his watch, a birthday gift from Roo. He knew she was attending a networking event and wasn’t going to be home so Frank took this opportunity to make some more money so he can buy her the dream house he wanted. As Frank walked, a car pulled up next to him and the darkened window opened

“You havnt called” The man said as Frank stopped walking and looked. It was the man who gave him the business card

“I know” Frank said

“You don’t need to be playing for dollars and cents” James Hanson

“Im alright” Frank said

“come and play for some big money” James Hanson said

“How much?” Frank said

“$1000 a game” James Hanson said

“That is a lot of money” Frank said

“with your skills, you can clear $5000 in one night” James Hanson said as he puffed on his cigar

“Ill think about it” Frank said and he began to walk away

“Don’t take too long..the offer wont be around forever” James Hanson said and he drove away

Baby, baby
In any kind of weather
I'm here for you always and forever

Baby, baby
No muscle man could sever
My love for you is true and it will never

Beauty School- Yabbie Creek

Marilyn smiled to herself as she pinned the curl to the hair of the mannequin. Since she started the course, everything thing she had done had been so good and she was getting lots of compliments from her instructors. Marilyn pinned one last curl and stood back and waited for her instructor to come and inspect her work. Marilyn raised her hand and touched the pendent that Ben gave her for Christmas. Marilyn smiled again, things were so much better with Ben, she hadn't said anything silly to make him angry, and he promised that she was going to meet his family soon. Marilyn wanted everything to be perfect, their life was going to be perfect and soon she was going to be Mrs Lucini, it was just a matter of time.....

Stop for a minute
Baby, they're so glad you're mine

Background music ends

Chapter 222

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

Michael slammed the phone down and growled “Is everything alright?” Adam said as he looked at Michael who walked out of the shed

“Yeah, sorry you had to hear that. My ex wife insists on giving me a hard time” Michael said and shook his head

“No worries. Shouldn’t you be on your honeymoon?” Adam said as he looked at Michael

“Yeah but we delayed it until this whole custody thing is over” Michael said

“Right, how much longer?” Adam said

“After that serve I got from my ex, who knows” Michael said as Adam laughed then looked at his watch

“I am going to grab some lunch if that’s alright” Adam said

“Alright mate” Michael said

“Do you want anything?” Adam said

“No, I am alright” Michael said and he looked at his watch

“I have to go out later so do you mind closing up?” Michael said

“No. I have to look for a place to live, the marina rent is getting too much so if you want me to do some overtime, let me know” Adam said

“Ill keep it in mind. Have you thought about asking at the resort?” Michael said

“I never thought about that, I might just do that, thanks” Adam said as he wiped his hands

Phone ringing

“Ross boatshed” Michael said as he picked up the receiver then he smiled and closed the shed door as Adam looked confused since most of the phone conversations he had, he had the door open

High school- Summer Bay

School bell rings

“Homework assignments tomorrow, no excuses ladies and gentlemen” Grant said as his students gathered their things and walked towards the door.

“Craig, I did you get the last part? Viv said as she showed her notes to Craig who was sitting next to her

“No, I didn’t” Craig said and he got up and walked away as Viv looked confused. Grant noticed the exchange and walked over to Viv who was packing up her things

“Is everything alright?”  Grant said as he sat on the table

“Yeah fine. I just didn’t get the last thing you said and I thought Craig did but I guess not” Viv said

“No worries, I can catch you up later” Grant said and Viv smiled

“Thanks” Viv said and stared at Grant

“Is something wrong?” Grant said

“No, its awesome have the teacher as my foster dad” Viv said

“Its not so awesome when you don’t do your homework, now hurry before you are late for your next class” Grant said and playfully tapped Viv on her nose and she smiled and rushed off. Grant walked back to his desk and put his things in his bag and smiled to himself. He couldn’t believe how great his life was…there was only one person missing but he knew he will never have her. Grant sighed and put his bag on his shoulder and turned the light off.

Stewart shop- Summer Bay

“You’ve never spoken about your family before love” Alf said as he looked at Ailsa sitting down

“It just brings up too many memories of the past. My sister Paula and I were very close when we were young but she never forgave me for killing our father. She was his favourite and could do no wrong in his eyes and sometimes I was jealous but she was still my sister and I never stopped loving her. Just before I moved to Summer Bay, I tried to mend our relationship but lets just say, her new husband and I clashed so I left things alone.

“I cant believe Emma just turned up, I am surprised that she was able to find where I was” Ailsa said

“Did she say why she is here?” Alf said

“Just that she had a problem with her step father Barry and left” Alf said

“Are you going to call your sister?” Alf said

“I don’t know, I need to find out from Emma the whole story before I go digging up old wounds” Ailsa said

“Well, until then, any family of yours is always welcome in our home” Alf said and he hugged his wife

“Thank you…I am going to head back to the house and talk to her…hopefully her and Sandra get along” Ailsa said and got up and looked at Alf

“I love you Alf Stewart” Ailsa said and Alf smiled

“I love you too” Alf said and smiled

Emma put out her cigarette and blew the smoke out of her mouth and closed the backdoor that led to the garden. She walked around the house, it was decent but a bit small. She didn’t have many options when she left home and she always hear her mum talk negatively about her Auntie Ailsa so she wouldn’t think to look for her here. Emma sat down on the couch and smiled to herself, she was going to enjoy being in Summer Bay.

Summer Bay

As Ailsa was about to drive off, she looked in her left wing mirror and saw Celia flagging her down as she rode the bike behind her

“Hello Celia, I am in a bit of a rush” Ailsa said

“I was hoping you had a few moments” Celia said

“Its going to have to wait Celia, I have a guest waiting for me at the house” Ailsa said

“Please, it wont take long” Celia said and Ailsa looked at her then turned the car engine off. Celia leaned her bike on Ailsas car and they both walked towards the beach

“This is somewhat of a private matter and I trust you will keep it between us” Celia said

“Of course, what is the matter?” Ailsa said confused

“Well, I don’t know how to say this but Michael and I well, we are not, you know” Celia said

“What?” Ailsa said confused

“We are not well, we did but you know” Celia said

“Celia, I don’t understand what you are saying” Ailsa said and Celia stopped walking and sighed

“Michael and I have only been intimate once and I am sure as a married couple, it should be more than that” Celia said as Ailsa looked at her surprised as she wasn’t expecting that

“Well, I don’t think there is a mandatory time limit for couples” Ailsa said

“I thought that being newlyweds, you know we should..you know” Celia said

“Well, there are other things going on, Michael is working and he has this custody case” Ailsa said

“I guess you are right” Celia said disappointed

“Intimacy is not just about intimacy, you can have a bath together, give him a massage, have a picnic on the beach at sunset” Ailsa said as Celia smiled

“Thank you Ailsa, you have given me a great idea…I do trust that we are going to keep this between us” Celia said

“Of course” Ailsa said and before she could finish, Celia was running back to get on her bike as Ailsa shook her head and laughed

“Homework first then I have a treat for dessert” Grant said as he, Tammy and Viv walked through the door.

“Tell us please? “Tammy said with a smile and Grant shook his head no

“Get cleaned up and  do your homework then I will tell you” Grant said and he kissed Tammy on her head and she rushed to her room with Viv behind her.

“Knock on the door"

Grant smiled and whistled as he walked to the door. When he opened the door, he was surprised to see Mrs Malloy and Mr Fisher standing at the door

“Hello Mrs Malloy, Mr Fisher, I didn’t know that we were scheduled for a visit today” Grant said as he tried to remember if there was a visit he had forgotten

“No, this isn’t a visit. May we come inside?” Mrs Malloy said

“Of course” Grant said and he made way for both of them to come inside “Can I ask what this is about?” Grant said as his heart was beating and he was hoping this was not what he was thinking

“It has been brought to the attention of the department, an indiscretion that renders you ineligible to be a foster parent and by law I had to inform Mr Fisher” Mrs Malloy said and Grant sighed and put his head down. He knew that his secret would come back to haunt him but not now, not here

“Hi Mrs Malloy” Viv said as she came out of the room with a smile on her face and picked up her school bag

“Viv, you and your sister must pack your bags, you are being removed from this home” Mrs Malloy said

Viv looked at Grant “Why, what is wrong?” Viv said as Tammy came out of the room and ran to Grant and hugged his waist

“Its ok sweetheart, do as you are told” Grant said as he bent down and kissed Tammys head and she shook her head no

Viv rushed over to the phone and looked for the address book on the table and searched for a number then she began to dial

“Mrs Fletcher, please come over, Mrs Malloy is taking us away..please come” Viv said and she began to cry

“Ok” Viv said and put the phone down

“Mrs Fletcher is coming” Viv said and she hugged onto Grant

“You are suspended from the school, pending an investigation on your application” Mr Fisher said as he looked at Grant disappointed. Even though he had some reservations about Grant, the students liked him and he was a good teacher

Grant tried to comfort Viv and Tammy as they both hugged onto him but he knew, he was saying goodbye...

Hotel Nova- The City

Michael growled then flopped on his back breathing heavily then he looked to his right and laughed

Morag rested her chin on Michaels chest and circled his nipple with her finger and smiled at him. She knew this was wrong, before it was different, now he was married to her little sister and she was feeling something for him. Michael looked at his watch

“I got to get back, there is usually a lot of traffic and I don’t want to get home too late” Michael said and got up and searched under the bed covers for his underwear as Morag sighed and laid back on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

Background music ends

Chapter 223

One week later

Mitchell/Woods Residence

Grant played a few notes on his guitar the he started to sing

I was dreaming of the past
And my heart was beating fast
I began to lose control
I began to lose control
I didn't mean to hurt you
I'm sorry that I made you cry
Oh my I didn't want to hurt you
I'm just a jealous guy

Newton Residence- Newcastle

“I SAID GET INTO YOUR ROOM RIGHT NOW” Angela slapped Tammy and she ran into Viv room and locked the door.

“I want to go to Grant” Tammy said and she cried as Viv tried to comfort her

“THAT’S RIGHT, BOTH OF YOU HIDE IN THERE, YOU ARE GOING TO STAY IN THERE UNTIL I SAY YOU CAN COME OUT” Angela said and banged on the door. Viv sighed. After they were taken from Grant somehow their mum convinced Mrs Malloy that she had changed so they had to come back to her but she hadn’t. She lied to get them home and now they had nowhere to go..

I was feeling insecure
You might not love me anymore
I was shivering inside
I was shivering inside
Oh I didn't mean to hurt you
I'm just a jealous guy

Mitchell/Woods Residence

Grant  heard the door knocking but he didn’t stop because he wasn’t expecting anyone

I didn't mean to hurt you
I'm just a jealous guy

Grant stopped playing then he walked towards the door, he didn’t really wasn’t to answer it but whoever it was wouldn’t go away

“Hi” Bobby said with a smile when Grant opened the door

“At least someone in this town is speaking to me” Grant said as he walked towards the kitchen. Bobby closed the door and followed him. She put the dish on the counter. Grant took a beer out of the fridge, opened it and looked at the dish on the table

“I figured you probably haven’t been eating properly so I made you a cottage pie” Bobby said and smiled

“Thanks, its my favourite” Grant said and took a plate out of the cupboard. Bobby watched him as he out some of the pie on the plate. He looked really sad she thought to herself and she followed him to the dining table and they both sat down. Grant put some of the pie in his mouth, it tasted amazing. He felt it going down his stomach since he hadn’t really eaten much

“Thank you” Grant said as he looked at Bobby and chewed

“How are you?’ Bobby said. Grant didn’t respond, he continued eating the pie

“I am sorry about Viv and Tammy being taken away” Bobby said. Grant didn’t respond

“I want you to know that me and my family don’t believe what the slaggers around here are saying about you” Bobby said. Grant didn’t respond

“I better get going, I just wanted to check on you and bring you the pie” Bobby said and smiled then she got up

“Don’t go…please” Grant said and Bobby sat back down. Grant exhaled and put the fork down

“I knew that this would come back to haunt me but if I tell the truth, I wont be able to teach again and I just couldn’t risk that” Grant said as Bobby looked at him

“So what they are saying…” Bobby was interrupted

“No, its not true. When I finished Uni, I got a teaching job in Adelaide but I was homesick so I went home and got a job at the high school I went to. Everything was great, I was dating a great girl and  I really thought I was making a difference in the lives of those kids you know” Grant said and looked at Bobby

“A year or so of teaching, a family moved into town, you know, single mum, two kids and a few pets” Grant said and Bobby smiled

“The girl was very troubled emotionally but very smart. I had her for year 10 and she had the highest marks for the year but she was also really troubled. She never spoke about what was wrong. Looking back I can see now where she thought the line between a teacher being concerned and thinking a teacher is interested blurred but it was my fault, I was the teacher, I should’ve known better than to give her a hug, no matter how much I thought it was going to help or comfort her. Long story short, the next day, I was in the headmasters office being given the choice to resign or be fired. I resigned but being in a small town, everyone knows everyone and soon enough, everyone found out and made their own assumptions. I didn’t want to leave but I couldn’t put my mum through all the hassle and abuse” Grant said

“So if you resigned and there is nothing on your record then you have nothing to worry about, just tell the board of education “ Bobby said

“On the teaching application, it asks if you have ever been accused of any misconduct..I said no when I should’ve said yes and told the story but if I do that, I risk never teaching again. I assumed that having a clean record I could keep this a secret but I guess it doesn’t matter now. This is the 3rd school that I thought I could start again but I am back to square one” Grant said and sighed

“You shouldn’t just give up, you didn’t so anything wrong. When I was at school, I wish I had a teacher who cared about me as much as you cared for this girl, maybe things would be different for me” Bobby said

“So what happens now?” Bobby said

“I am suspended until the board make a decision but I don’t feel like sticking around to hear it. That is not what bothers me, I miss Viv and Tammy so much. They were with me for a short time but I felt like they were my daughters…you know, a real bond” Grant said and Bobby put her head down then Grant realized what he said

“Sorry…I didn’t mean” Grant was interrupted

“Its ok” Bobby said

“Anyway, I better get packing” Grant said

“Why, where are you going?” Bobby said

“Probably another town, try and start over again. I have a little bit of money left and I wont be able to afford the rent on this place now that Megan has moved out” Grant said and sighed

“I can give you some shifts at the diner, if you think that will help” Bobby said

“I dont think that is a good idea, I might scare all your customers away” Grant said

“Well the offer is there if you want it…look, I know what its like to have the people of this town turn on you and I cant believe I am going to say this but I promise, it will get better” Bobby said

“After this time, I don’t know if I can, I am tired of running Bobby” Grant said

“Well don’t, stay and fight” Bobby said

“Why are you doing this?” Grant said

“You were there for me when I needed someone to help me make sense of things and now, I want to repay you for being here for you” Bobby said

“Thanks. Maybe I will think about taking you up on the job offer.” Grant said

“.maybe washing dishes” Bobby said and they both laughed

“Thank you for coming over” Grant said and Bobby reached out her hand and held his

“Youre welcome” Bobby said and smiled

Emma opened her eyes. She tried to get up but her head was spinning. As she tried to get out of bed, the vodka bottle fell on the floor and Emma sighed and remembered that she drank most of it last night secretly while Sandra slept

“Knock on the door”

Emma quickly grabbed the bottle and put it under the blanket as the door opened

“Hello love, are you feeling better?” Ailsa said as she came into the room

“Huh?” Emma said confused and rubbed her eye

“Sandra said you were not feeling too well this morning” Ailsa said

“Yeah, a little better” Emma said

“Good, I got you registered st the local high school” Ailsa said as she hung the uniform on the wardrobe door. Emma rolled her eyes

“Do you want something to eat? I can make you something before I go back to the diner” Ailsa said

“No, I want to lie down, I can get something later” Ailsa said

“Alright then, ill see you later” Ails said and she went out of the room and closed the door. Emma heard Ailsa shut the door then she jumped up and ran to the bathroom, bent over the toilet and started throwing up. Emma wiped her mouth on some tissue and flushed the toilet. She got up and walked back to her room and sat on the bed looking at the uniform and laughed then she got back into bed.

Three days later

Bobby parked her car outside the estate agent and sighed. She was finally ready to go and pick up the key for the beach house. She wasn’t sure if she was ready to move there yet. Bobby looked at the papers on her passenger seat, documents from her grandmothers will. Bobby picked the papers up but an envelope fell to the floor, she picked it up and opened it, it was a check from The Macklin company

Flashback

Bobby – Brett this is too much

Brett- Nonsense, you deserve every penny. We have closed more business today than I did last year and that is all down to your excellent menu

Bobby- Yeah right

Brett- Its true. You see that man over there,

Bobby - Yeah

Brett – For the last 10 years, Dad has been trying to get him to sell some land for a project we will be doing and today, he said yes

Bobby – It was probably a coincidence

Brett- It was the dessert, if you ask me. See he just went back for some more

Bobby – Oh come on

Brett- I am serious. By the way, did you bring your business cards?

Bobby – Yeah

Brett- Give them to me…expect some phone calls very soon

Bobby- Brett, all this..

Brett- Don’t say anything…you deserve this and much more

Flashback ends

Bobby smiled to herself and sat back in her seat. She had not taken the check to the bank because she wasn’t sure if it was still real. Bobby opened the glove compartment and as she was about to put the check in, she saw another envelope and took it out. It was the letter she wrote to Frank. Bobby sighed. This house was supposed to be for her and Frank and Tom. Bobby sighed again then put the letter back in the glove compartment and got out of the car.

Bankstown- Australia

Sophie ran as fast as she could. She could hear someone running behind her but she was faster. She hid behind a wall and waited. Sophie slowly looked behind the wall and couldn’t see the person who ran behind her. Sophie waited a few more minutes then she slowly began to run again and looked around then she saw her Dads car and ran and got into the passenger side and he drove off. When they were away, Al parked the car and looked at Sophie. She put her hand in her pocket and took out the money and gave it to him. Al counted the money

“20 bucks? Where is the rest?” Al said as he looked at Sophe angrily

“That’s all I got” Sophie said then Al started searching her pockets . “You stupid girl, there was at least 100 in that till” Al said and sighed

“Can we go and see Bobby” Sophie said, Bobby was going to buy her an icecream and take care of her

“Just shut up, I am trying to think” Al said annoyed. He only had $20 and half a tank of gas. His plan for Bobby didn’t go as planned but he wasn’t going to give up, he was going to get what he wanted from her. Al sighed then banged his hand on the steering wheel as a van drove by, Al looked at what was written on the side “Shooters”. As the van drove by an idea came to his mind

“You are not so stupid after all, I think we will go and see Bobby and while we are at it, there is someone else I want to see” Al smiled then did a u-turn and drove down the road

Sorry for the delay in updating. Been a bit busy, but thanks for reading

Chapter 224

Bayside Diner Summer Bay

“I am on board, sounds like a good idea” Ailsa said as she wiped her hands. Bobby just told her of the plan to extend the Diners hours into the night, have live music and also a dinner menu

“I don’t want to take business away from the resort but I think we are a great place for the locals to come and hang out before or after a night out” Bobby said as she wrote down some ideas for the menu

“Sounds like you are putting that business degree to good use already” Ailsa said as Bobby smiled

“I just have one more request” Bobby said

“Yes” Ailsa said

“I want Grant to work here” Bobby said

“Do you think that is a good idea, especially with everything that is being said” Ailsa said

“I didn’t think you would believe what the slaggers are saying” Bobby said

“I don’t but you know how the people around here are like” Ailsa said

“Yes I know, and that is why I want to give him a chance. He is a good mate” Bobby said and Ailsa said

“Ok, if you want to give him a chance, I will too” Ailsa said

“Thank you” Bobby said

“Are you sure you are just friends?” Ailsa said

“Yes, just friends” Bobby said

“By the way, who is going to manage the” Ailsa said as she looked at Bobby

“Bayside at night” Bobby said

“Yes, who is going to manage Bayside at night?” Ailsa said

“I already have someone in mind” Bobby said and she smiled

The Bistro- The City

“Hi” Matt turned around to see Lucinda standing at the counter

“Hi” Matt said and smiled

“Sorry I am a bit early” Lucinda said and smiled. Matt looked at his watch, she was a bit early. They had arranged to have dinner and talk about old times but Matt was very busy

“Its ok, I have a few things to take care of, have a seat and order drinks or something, I will join you when I can” Matt said as he pointed to a table. Lucinda smiled and walked towards the table that Matt pointed at. She took off he jacket and sat down and smiled. She lied to her uncle Donald. She didn’t really have a second interview, she already knew she didn’t get the job, but she just wanted an opportunity to see Matt again…be close to him.

flashback

Shane- Come on

Lucinda- Where are we going?

Shane- Somewhere private

Lucinda- I cant wait until we are older and we don’t have to sneek around

Shane- Yeah, me too

Lucinda- Shane, I really like you

Shane- I really like you too

Flashback ends

Lucinda smiled to herself and picked up the menu.

Sandra slowly closed the door behind her. She could see that Emma was still sleeping. The room smelled like smoke. Sandra put her school bag on her bed and went to her draw to get a change of clothes. Emma opened her eyes as she heard Sandra looking around her draw

“Oww” Sandra said as the pillow hit her head “what did you do that for?” Sandra said as she looked at Emma

“You dober” Emma said

“What are you talking about, I didn’t dob. I told Mrs Stewart you wasn’t feeling well” Sandra said

“I didn’t tell you to” Emma said

“I was just trying to help” Sandra said as she put her clothes on her bed

“Stay out of my way and stay out of my business” Emma said and Sandra watched as Emma pulled the bottle from under the cover, drank some then put her head under the cover again

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Me? Are you sure” Carly said as she looked at Bobby surprised

“Yeah, you” Bobby said

“Bobby, you really want me to manage the diner after dark?” Carly said still in shock

“I could always ask Lance if you are not interested” Bobby said as she turned back to the assignment, she was working on

“No no, I want to…thank you” Carly said and she hugged Bobby from behind

“Ok, that’s enough” Bobby said and they both laughed

“This year is going to be amazing, I can feel it. Everything is perfect with Ben and I got a new job” Carly said and she fell back on Bobby’s bed and started laughing

“What’s the matter with you?” Bobby said as she turned around to look at Carly who was laughing

“Lynn and I would always do this on Franks bed when we were in the city,  he really hated it and was always telling us to get out of his room” Carly said and started laughing

“I miss him, I wish he was still here” Carly said as Bobby looked at her shoes

“Anyway, I have an assignment to do” Bobby said changing the subject

“Sorry…I didn’t mean” Carly was interrupted

“Its ok” Bobby said and smiled as she watched Carly leave the room

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

Donald hummed along to the classical music as he checked on his pasta that twirled in a pan of boiling water. He was eating alone tonight, Lucinda was in the city, and after her interview would be spending the night with her friend.

“Knock at the door”

Donald turned the music down, He was not expecting any visitors. He walked toward the front door and opened it. His eyes widened as he saw who was standing at the door

“Hello Don, long time no see” Al said with a smile. Donald froze. One secret he thought he could keep had come back to haunt him

“What do you want Simpson?” Donald said trying to be calm

“Now is that any way to speak to an old friend?” Al said as he smiled at Donavan

“We were never friends…goodbye” Donald said as he went to close the door

“How are the Wilsons doing these days?” Al said and Donald froze. He looked at Al and sighed then he opened the door and let him in.

Beach- Summer Bay

Emma puffed on the cigarette then blew the smoke through her mouth. She took the bottle of whisky from her pocket and drank some.

Adam walked on the beach. He went to the resort to see if they were hiring part time. He filled an application and they said they would get back to him. He had to do something soon because he was running out of money to stay at the marina and he already had his boat for sale. Adam sighed. Things had not worked out much since he landed in Summer Bay. He had an ok job and was seeing Lucinda but he wasn’t sure that she was into him as much as he was into her. As Adam walked towards the marina, he saw someone sitting near the beach. He had not seen her before and walked towards her

“The beach is better in the day” Adam said as Emma looked at him

“Looks ok to me now” Emma said and she drank some of the whisky in the bottle

“You new in town?” Adam said as he sat next to her

“Something like that” Emma said and smiled. He was cute, she thought to herself

“I am Adam” Adam said and he put his hand out

“Emma” Emma said and she smiled and shook Adams hand and puffed on her cigerette

“Welcome to Summer Bay” Adam said and Emma smiled as she blew the smoke out of her mouth…

Hello Friends, 

For some reason I get an error message when I attempt to post the next chapter. Any ideas?

Edit- fixed. For some reason I can’t post longer chapters 

?

Chapter 225

The Bistro- The City

“I know, I remember” Matt said and shook his head as Lucinda laughed. As Lucinda laughed, Matt looked at her and wished that his brother was still around. To this day, he never wanted to know what happened. He didn’t think his parents really knew what happened. All he knows now is that his brother and best friend is gone and he still missed him..

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

“What do you want?” Donald said as Al sat in the chair and put his feet up on the coffee table

“Don, I get the feeling that you are not happy to see me” Al said and he smiled

“What ever it is that you want, just say it and leave” Donald said irritated then Al got up and began walking around and looking at the photos on the mantelpiece

“Come on Don, don’t be like that” Al said as he looked at photos of Alan and Rebecca then he got a shock when he saw a photo of Bobby

“Why do you have photo of my kid?” Al said confused as he picked up the photo as Donald sighed

“I find out a few years ago that I am Bobbys real father” Donald said and he walked over and took the photo from Al and put it back on the shelf as Al stared at him

“Look, I havnt got all night, just spit it out” Donald said annoyed

“Ok, I want money” Al said and smiled as Donald looked at him

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music Frank and Bobbys theme

Bobby read through the assignment she just completed and smiled to herself. She looked around, Carly was fast asleep. Bobby double checked the last page and noticed an error. She didn’t want to cross out the mistake. She opened the draw and took out a small bottle of corrective fluid. Just as she was about to shut it, she noticed something gin the corner of her eye and opened the draw again. It was a cinema ticket. The first date her and Frank went on as an official couple. Bobby picket up the ticket and turned it over. On the back Frank had put their names in a heart. Bobby sighed as she remembered that tomorrow would have been their two year anniversary. 

flashback

Bobby- Frank are we really getting married in two days

Frank- Yes we are, don’t try to back out of it

Bobby No way, are you kidding? I have waited for you my whole life

Frank Yeah I know, I feel the same

Bobby I love you Frank, I don’t think I will ever stop loving you

Frank- Good because I plan on being with you forever. I love you soon to be Mrs Morgan

Bobby I love you too…forever

Flashback ends

Bobby sighed as she folded the ticket and put it in her pocket, opened the bottle of corrective fluid and corrected her essay..that part of her life was over..

Macklin Office- New York

Frank yawned and reached for his coffee and drank some. Work had been really busy and he was now getting to work as early as he could to handle his workload. He hadn’t had much time to play any cards.  Frank drank some more coffee and pushed the papers aside as he picked up the envelope on his desk. Frank put his cup down and opened the envelope. It was a bonus check. Frank smiled to himself and put the check back in the envelope and reached down and put it in the side his bag. As he took his hand out, he accidently pulled out another envelope. Frank pulled out the white envelope and put it on the table. He opened the envelope and pulled out the little bag and inside the little bag, he pulled out the napkin wrapped in the pink ribbon. Frank looked ahead at the calendar on his desk, tomorrow would’ve been his wedding anniversary to Bobby

flashback

Bobby – Frank, are you sure you really want to marry me?

Frank- Yes I am

Bobby- Why do I feel that you only proposed to get me to remember you?

Frank- I was going to propose anyway, I just did it sooner. Either way, we were going to get married

Bobby- How are you so sure?

Frank- I just am

Bobby- I  don’t want you to feel like you are being forced into this

Frank- Ive been here before remember, Phil said your memory was going to come back, I couldn’t risk waiting then you forgetting that you love me

Bobby- Yeah but now its back…Ill understand if you want us to just go back to how we were

Frank- No way, are you kidding?

Bobby – Frank we can still be together without this ring

Frank- Do you not want to marry me? Is that what this is about?

Bobby- I do Frank, I would marry you tomorrow but I just want you to be sure that is what you want. 

Frank- Look, it is what I want. You are who I want . What else can I say to you for you to believe me?

Bobby- Just tell me that you will put the toilet seat down

Frank- No…going to keep it up since you are going to be at home cleaning

Bobby- Frank!

Frank- Everything is going to be just fine

Bobby- I know, I love you 

Frank – I love you 

Flashback ends

Frank twirled the napkin in between his fingers and smiled as he remembered Bobby then his smile slowly disappeared as he thought about Ailsa saying Bobby and Brett are pretty much in a relationship. Frank sighed then he put the napkin in the plastic and put the plastic in the envelope and put the envelope in his bag. Frank looked at the paper work on his desk and though about more bonuses he was going to get to make Roo proud when he buys her the dream house. He smiled then picked up his pen and started to work .

Background music continues below

Archived