Homecoming Part 2

:)

Chapter 234

Bistro- The City

Matt drank some of the coffee and put the cup on the table. He put down the rota he was working on and picked up the brown envelope that had the information about his brothers’ case. Matt opened the envelope and pulled out the interview list and looked at the names. He sighed as he looked at the familiar name. He had to know..he had to know what he said to the police…he had to know why he was interviewed twice. Matt got up from his desk and walked outside

“Hey Mark, can you lock up tonight? I have to leave now..its not usually busy tonight” Matt said as he put on his jacket. “Yeah sure” Matt said. “Cheers mate” Matt said and walked out of the Bistro.

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

Alf and Clive looked at each other as they heard the front door close. Donald was about to walk towards the kitchen when he noticed Alf and Clive sitting down in the living room.

“I assume you have seen Al” Donald said to Alf and he walked into the living room and sat down

“Yeah, I saw him in the diner and came straight here” Alf said

“Do you think he has told anybody?” Donald said

“Why should he when his sole purpose is to get money from you” Clive said

“Don you haven’t given him money have you?” Alf said

“$500” Donald said and Clive shook his head

“Strewth Don, what you do that for?” Alf said

“He said he has evidence…if he shows it, my life is ruined…our lives are ruined” Donald said

“He is bluffing” Clive said

“How are we so sure?” Alf said with a concerned look on his face

“What evidence do you think he has? Clive said

“I dunno, maybe a tape or something” Alf said

“Yes, Alf is right….look we really should go to the police with this” Donald said

“ And say what exactly?” Clive said

“Tell the truth” Donald said

“And what truth is that Donald?” Clive said as he looked at Donald angrily

Newton Residence- NewCastle

“You stupid girl” Angela said as Tammy dropped the onion on the floor. Tammy bent down quickly and picked it up and gave it to Angela who snatched it from her. “Sorry “Tammy said and quickly rushed away and stood behind Viv who was looking at her mother.

“You think hiding behind Viv is going to help you?” Angela said

“She said sorry” Viv said as Angela walked towards them.

“knock at the door”

Angela took a few more steps and smirked then she walked towards the front door. Tammy and Viv looked at each other and looked at the front door

“Hello Betty” Angela said as opened the door to see one of the ladies guild members at the door

“Hello Angela, how are you? I was just wondering if I could get a lift to the meeting with you? Betty said

“Oh is that the time already? Of course Betty, the car is open, we just got back from the shops. I wont be long” Angela said with a smile as she watched Betty walk towards the door then she closed the door and turned around. Her smile disappeared as she looked at Viv and Tammy

“Get in the bedroom” Angela said with an angry look on her face. Viv and Tammy went to Vivs room. Angela closed the door and locked it then she left the house. Tammy began to cry

“Don’t cry” Viv said as she hugged Tammy

“You said Grant was coming to get us” Tammy said and she cried harder as Viv sighed and looked out of the window.

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

Lance rushed back into the diner out of breath and walked into the kitchen. Grant was washing a plate as Lance came into the kitchen

“Are you alright mate?” Grant said with a slight smile as Lance nodded and pulled an envelope out of his pocket and held it out to Grant

“What is this?” Grant said confused

“When you said you hadn’t heard from Viv and Tammy I remembered I found this letter, maybe its from them ay?” Lance said Grant wiped his hands and took the letter from Lance and opened it. His facial expression changed to shock as he read and walked towards the door

“Grant are you alright?” Lucinda said

“Ah…yes..yes fine. I have to go” Grant said as he rushed out of the diner

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Emma tapped her pen on the table. Sandra looked up from her homework and looked at Emma.

“What are you looking at you conch” Emma said and Sandra shook her head and down at her homework. Emma continued to tap her pen on the table. She was still annoyed that Adam caught her…she had to get out and see him tonight

“How is the homework going?” Ailsa said as she followed Duncan into the dining room

“Just great” Emma said with a fake smile

“Good, I am going to get dinner started soon” Ailsa said as Emmas smile disappeared as she looked at Sandra

Caravan park- Summer Bay

Pippa read the letter and sighed. “What should we do Mrs F? Grant said as he looked at Pippa . Well the first thing is we need to call Mrs Malloy” Pippa said as she walked towards the phone

“She wont help, see, look at what Viv said, they wont believe her. Mrd F, I need to go and get them, they are in danger” Grant said as Steve looked at him “I want to go with you” Steve said as Pippa looked at him. Before we do anything, we really need to call Mrs Malloy. We cant have what happened last time, happen again and Grant, your case.” Pippa said as Grant sighed

“What do I do Mrs F, I love those girls and they need me” Grant said and Pippa sighed. If anyone is going anywhere, it will be me but I have to make a phonecall first” Pippa said as she picked up the phone receiver and dialled

Stewart Residence-Summer Bay

Emotional background music

Celia looks at her watch, Michael is late home again. She looks at the food on the table and sighs. She wanted marriage for a long time but didn’t think it was going to be like this..

Celia got up from the table and walked ove to the phone and picked it up and dialed..

“Oh Hello Adam, is Michael there?” Celia said “Hes not?...do you know where he is?..oh right, he had to go and see a customer..ok..thank you” Celia sid then she put the phone down, walked back to the table, sat down and sighed.

Ailsa looked up from her plate to see Alf playing with the food

“Something wrong with your pie love?” Ailsa said  and Alf looked up at her

“No, nothing, just been a long day” Alf said and smiled

“I wonder what Bobbys father wants..strange for him to turn up like this” Ailsa said

“yeah” Alf said and sighed

Fisher Residence- Summer Bay

Donald put the plates in the sink as Clive read the newspaper

“It’s a shame that Lucinda couldn’t join us for dinner” Clive said

“Yes, she is doing some over time at the diner tonight” Donald said

“So, where is Bobby? I cant believe that little brat who gave you all the headache is your daughter” Clive said with a laugh and shook his head

“Yes, funny how things happen” Donald said

“knock at the door”

Donald and Clive looked at each other as Donald began to panic. “Calm down, ill get it” Clive said as he got up and walked to the door. Donald followed behind him

Matt turned around when he heard the door open. Clive and Donald both opened their eyes wide

“G’day Mr Fisher” Matt said to Clive.

“Matthew, how are you?” Clive said calmly

“Good,” Matt said then he saw Donald standing behind him

“Mr Fisher, can I talk to you about something?” Matt said as Donald felt his whole life rush before him…

Background music ends…

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I jump ahead in time with the song in this chapter- enjoy..

Chapter 235

Bayside Diner at Night- Summer Bay

“Thanks for working tonight” Carly said

“Youre welcome. It was great timing that Grant wanted time off, I could do with the extra money” Lucinda said

“What about the interviews you have been going on in the city?” Carly said

“They are always looking for someone with experience and to be honest, I really like working here and living in Summer Bay” Lucinda said

“Oh” Carly said as she lit some candles

“Hi” Carly looked up to see Nick at the counter

“Hi, what can I get you” Carly said

“Ill just have a look at the menu first” Nick said and walked over to the booth, picked up the enu and looked at Lucinda

“I think someone has a crush…ill leave you to serve him” Carly said as she nudged Lucinda who laughed and shook her head

“By the way, what happened with Adam?” Carly said 

“I don’t know, I guess he lost interest. “ Lucinda said as she tied her apron and walked over to Nick

Fisher Residence- Summer  Bay

Clive leaned on the desk and looked at Donald as he tried to stay calm

“Do you remember anything else?” Matt said

“No. I told the police everything I knew” Donald said

“So why did they interview you twice?” Matt said as Donald felt his stomach drop

“I don’t recall. I thought it was just routine” Donald said and Matt sighed

“Ok” Matt said as he looked at Donald the ex husband of the woman who was pregnant with his child

“I am sorry I cant help you with much” Donald said

“Thanks anyway” Matt said as he stood up

“Is Lucinda around?” Matt said

“No, she is working at the diner tonight, they have extended hours” Donald said

“Ok” Matt said

“It was great to see you Matthew, say hello to your parents for me” Clive said as Matt walked towards the door. Donald got up and waked behind Matt

“Safe drive back to the city” Donald said and he waved and closed the door, sighed and walked back to the living room and looked at Clive. Donald walked over to the couch and sat down

“I think he knows something” Donald said as he rested his head in his hands

“He doesn’t know anything, stop worrying” Clive said and he poured himself and Donald a drink. Donald looked at the window and sighed

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Ok, thanks…Ill see you soon” Pippa said and she put the phone down

Grant got up from the table and looked at Pippa

“What did she say?” Grant said 

“I am going to NewCastle tomorrow, Mrs Malloy is going to send her colleague to meet me at Vivs School then at Tammys school”  Pippa said as she wrote down the name of the social worker on her notepad. Grant sighed

“Thank you” Grant said and exhaled

“I wish I could go with you” Grant said

“I know but I don’t want to make things worse for you” Pippa said as Steve came down the stairs

“Whats going to happen?” Steve said

“I am going to go to NewCastle in the morning so I want you to take Sally to school. I am not sure how long I will be there so between you and Carly, arrange to pick her up” Pippa said as Steve nodded

Grant put his hand in his pocket and pulled out some money and put it in front of Pippa

“What is this for?” Pippa said confuised

“Petrol to get you to NewCastle” Grant said

“Grant its not necessary” Pippa said

“Please…I wont take no for an answer, it’s the least I can do” Grant said and Pippa smiled

Background music- Jukebox

Hello world
Hope you're listening
Forgive me if I'm young
For speaking out of turn
There's someone I've been missing
I think that they could be
The better half of me
They're in the in the wrong place trying to make it right
But I'm tired of justifying
So I say to you

“Oh Hi Matt, what are you doing here, I didn’t know you were coming” Lucida said as  she hugged Matt and Carlys heart skipped. As Matt hugged Lucinda, he stared at Carly

“I am not stopping, I just came to see your uncle. His name was on the list of people the police interviewed about my brother so I wanted to find out if he remembered anything” Matt said

“What did he say?…sit down, Il get you a coffee” Lucinda said as they walked towards a booth

“He doesn’t remember much” Matt said as Nick looked at Lucinda from the other booth

“Is Bobby around?” Matt said

“No, shes gone away for business” Lucinda said as Carly stood in the kitchen jealous as Lucinda put her arm around Matts shoulder

Come home
Come home
'Cause I've been waiting for you
For so long
For so long
And right now there's a war between the vanities
But all I see is you and me
The fight for you is all I've ever known
So come home
Oooh

Macklins Office- New York 

Frank looked at the time then rubbed his eyes then picked up the photo and stared at Bobby himself and Sally. Frank put the photo down then picked up the notepad and looked at where Bobby was going to be tomorrow. He had to see her…He opened his drawer and took out his calling card and began dialing...the caravan park was engaged. He wanted to ask Pippa where Bobby was staying. Frank waited then tried again. The phone was still engaged. Frank sighed then he put the receiver down. Just as he was about to put the phone card he stopped then began to dial again, he was going to ask Carly at the diner. The line was engaged. Frank grunted in annoyance as he dialed the number again. The line was still engaged. Frank sighed then put the phone down. He was really tired. He had done as much as he could with the reports so he began to put his things away and get ready to go home.

I get lost in the beauty
Of everything I see
The world ain't as half as bad
As they paint it to be
If all the sons
If all the daughters
Stopped to take it in
Well hopefully the hate subsides and the love can begin
It might start now yeah
Well maybe I'm just dreaming out loud
Until then

Come home

“Ms Simpson this is the address you requested” The driver said as they pulled up outside the building where the Macklin Office occupied the 9thfloor. 

“Thank you, I wont be long” Bobby said and sighed as she got out of the car and looked at the building. Even though it was late, the lights were on and Bobby could see a security guard at a desk. Bobby held the letter tight as she walked towards the door. 

Come home
For so long
For so long
So come home

Bobby exhaled as she walked towards the security guard. Her heart was beating as she walked towards him

Frank buttoned his coat up then put his bag on cross body and walked towards the elevator

Oooh

Everything I can't be
Is everything you should be
And that's why I need you here
Everything I can't be
Is everything you should be
And that's why I need you here

“Hello, can I leave a letter for a Macklin employee?” Bobby was interrupted

“James, we got a situation, can you come and check it out, I think one of the alarms is broken” A voice said on a walkie talkie

“Im sorry ma’mam, I wont be a moment”  The security guard said and rushed off

Frank pressed the elevator a few more times and sighed. They building maintanence usually shut the elevators down at night for cleaning. Frank sighed then walked towards the fire escape stairs

So hear this now

Come home
Come home
For so long
For so long
So come home

Bobby looked around. She couldn’t believe she was here..somewhere Frank passed everyday. Bobby looked at the letter in her hand and put it up to her cheek, closed her eyes and exhaled

“Go home” 

Bobby turned around, there was no one there. She thought she heard someone say go home. She was probably tired. She had just finished an interview and went to dinner. She was probably feeling jet lag. Bobby yawned. The security guard was taking long. 

“Go home”

Bobby looked around again, there was no one around. Bobby looked around one more time then down at the letter in her hand then her heart began to beat fast …she couldn’t do it…she really wanted to but she couldn’t then she rushed towards the door

Come home
Come home
For so long
For so long
So come home

Frank opened the fire escape door, walked into the entrance and adjusted his bag 

“Night James” Frank said as he got to the security guard as he looked confused

“Is something wrong?” Frank said

“Did you see a young woman here?” The security guard said 

“No” Frank said

“Hmmm, she said she wanted to leave a letter for a Macklin employee…” The security guard said “No I didn’t see anyone” Frank said

“Oh well, I am sure she will come back…goodnight” The security guard said as Frank walked towards the door

Bobby closed the car door “Thank you, back to the hotel please” Bobby said and she wiped the stray tear that had fallen from her eye as the driver drove away

Come home
Come home
For so long
For so long

Frank buttoned his coat up, it was a bit cold tonight. He sighed then smiled as he thought about tomorrow..he was definitely going to see her tomorrow. Frank continued to smile as he walked to the station..

So come home

Background music ends

Sorry for the delay in updating. Been a bit busy.

I jumped ahead in time with the song choice for this chapter..enjoy

Chapter 236

Summer Bay

Pippa slowed the car down as she got to the traffic light. She looked behind her, Christopher had fallen asleep. She smiled to herself and turned around and waited for the light to change. She exhaled and smiled at the thought of seeing Alex in a few hours. Pippa turned the radio on and searched for a station to listen to. She turned the dial once more as the lights changed and she drove off

Knew the signs
Wasn't right
I was stupid for a while
Swept away by you

Novotel- New York 

Bobby walked out of the bathroom with a towel on her head and dressing gown on. She put her toiletries bag in her suitcase. Today was her last day and she was leaving tonight. Bobby packed her things leaving space for the things she had to get to take back home. Bobby sat down on the bed next to her suitcase and sighed as she thought about what she was going to do last night. She looked over at the bedside table and picked up the letter. She looked at the letter. She knew she couldn’t give it to Frank. She knew what would happen if she did. Bobby sighed again then put the letter in the suitcase and got up and went to get ready for her interview

And now I feel like a fool
So confused,
My heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you?

Morgan residence- New York

Frank opens his eyes and jumps out of bed and runs to the tv. He turns it on then starts flicking threw the channels until he found the one Bobby was on, he turned the volume up and waited to see if she would be coming back on today. Frank then reached into his work bag next to the couch and looked at the notepad. He looked at the two places Bobby was going to be at today. He was going to see her later. He smiled then got up to get ready for work.

Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach
Couldn't see
We were never
Meant to be

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Grant tapped his foot on the bed anxiously. He tried several times to convince Mrs Fletcher to let him go with her but she said no. Grant got up from the bed and walked out of the room. He couldn’t stay in the house he felt helpless. Grant grabbed his jacket from the chair and walked towards the front door. He closed and locked the door behind him and noticed a letter sticking out of the mail box . He walked towards it and took the letter out. It was addressed to him from the board of education. He ripped the letter open and read it then signed

Catch myself
From despair
I could drown
If I stay here
Keeping busy everyday
I know I will be OK

Clergy House- NewCastle

Pippa parked her car and sighed. She took off her seatbelt and heard Christopher laughing. When she looked up, she noticed Alex walking towards her and waving at Christopher. Pippa smiled as she got out of the car. Alex opened the back and took Christopher out of his seat. He looked at Pippa and kissed her cheek and they walked towards the house. 

“Morning Reverend Jones” Reverend Jones and Pippa looked behind them to see Les Morgan waving. “Good Morning” Reverend Jones said as Pippa smiled as she looked at Les. He looked very familiar but she couldn’t figure out why as she walked with Reverend Jones

But I was
So confused
My heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you?

Macklin office -Australia

Brett puts the phone down and smiled. He unlocked his draw and took out the little black box. He opened it and looked at the ring and smiled to himself then his phone rang

“Yes Cathy….tell Melanie Ill be there shortly” Brett said then put the phone down. Brett looked at the ring one more time then put it into his draw and locked it

Melanie smiled to herself as she waited in the waiting area. She couldn’t wait to be Mrs Macklin and enjoy all this for herself

Out of reach, so far
I never had your heart
Out of reach

Macklin Office- New York

Frank waits for the fax then he walks back to his desk. He looked at his watch then down at the address of where Bobby was hosting a cooking lesson at a culinary school in a university. Frank put the fax in a folder and got up 

“Frank” Frank looked up to see his manager Terry looking at him

“Im just going out for lunch” Frank said with a smile and put his coat on and picked up the notepad with the address where Bobby was

“Not right now, the Anderson case has been edited and we need to have a conference call with the London team in five minutes. Ill order lunch in for everybody, its going to take a while” Terry said then he walked back to his office as. Frank sighed then he threw the notepad on the desk, sat down and sighed….he had to see her

Couldn't see
We were never
Meant to be

Culinary department- NYU- New York

Bobby smiled as the students clapped. She still couldn’t believe that this was her, the town derro in New York doing a special presentation at a culinary school. She was talking today about her upbringing and the business side of working in catering and the new business she started with the help of Bretts contacts. Bobby smiled as the students came up to her to shake her hand and thank her for sharing her story. As she shared her story, she thought about the highlight, meeting and marrying Frank…she sighed.. 

So much hurt
So much pain
Takes a while
To regain
What is lost inside

Newcastle school- New Castle

Pippa sat in the headmistress office with the social worker.  She looked around the office as she waited for the headmistress to bring in Tammy. Pippa looked at the door as she heard it open. The headmistress walked in and when she moved out of the way, Tammy noticed Pippa and immediately ran to her and hugged her tight and began to cry

“Mrs Fletcher you came to get us, lets go and get Viv and go home. I want to go home to Grant…please Mrs Fletcher, lets go” Tammy said as she cried. Pippa signed and pulled Tammys hair back to see a big bruise on the back of her neck. Pippa looked at the social worker and headmistress who both looked shocked. 

And I hope that in time
You'll be out of my mind
And I'll be over you

Edison Office- Boston USA

Roo put the folder on the shelf and looked around the room. There was still so much work to be done. Roo sat down at her desk and looked for the number of the contractor to tell him what time to come tomorrow. Roo smiled to herself. Her life was perfect, she had a husband and a great job and she was going places…her dreams were coming true…

But now I'm
So confused
My heart's bruised
Was I ever loved by you?

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly put her necklace on and looked in the mirror. Ben must love her more than she thought to spend so much money on her.  Carly smiled as she thought about Bens phonecall last night…telling her how much he loved and missed her. Carly walked downstairs and into the kitchen. The house was quiet, Stephen and Sally hadn’t come home from School yet.  She walked over to the table where she was working on some ideas she wanted to tell Bobby.

“Phone ringing”

Carly got up and walked over to the phone “Summer Bay Caravan park” Carly said when she picked up the phone receiver

“Hi Frank, how are you” Carly said with a smile when she heard Franks voice. 

Out of reach
So far
I never had your heart

Novotel- New York

Frank looked at his watch, it was almost 9pm. He left work 30 minutes ago . He ran as fast as he could from the station. He bumped into a few people on the way but he didn’t care. As he ran, he noticed the hotel sign and he began to smile.  He was going to see Bobby in a few minutes…..

Out of reach
Couldn't see
We were never
Meant to be

Carly looked at the phone and sighed. She felt guilty for betraying Bobby by telling Frank where she was but she also felt that she couldn’t betray Frank buy not telling him. She didn’t know what was going to happen when Bobby came back…She sighed

Out of reach
So far
I never had your heart

Flight 2364- JFK Airport- New York

Bobby sat in her seat and put her bag under the seat in front of her and exhaled. It felt like she had been here for years and not a few days. Bobby pulled the window shade up and looked into New York. At all the bright lights that were shining.
Bobby wiped a tear from cheek as the fasten seatbelt sign came on. She exhaled then put her seatbelt on then placed her head back on her seat “I love you Frank..goodbye” Bobby said and closed her eyes as the plane took off..

In my reach, I can see
There's a life out there
For me

background music ends

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, been really busy. I jumped ahead a little bit with one of the song choices in this chapter- enjoy

Chapter 237

Novotel- New York

Background music- Hotel DJ

You light up another cigarette and I pour the wine
It's four o'clock in the morning and it's starting to get light
Now I'm right where I wanna be, losing track of time
But I wish that it was still last night

Frank sat at the bar and stared into the glass of whiskey

Flashback

Receptionist “Hello sir can I help you?”

Frank “Yes, what room is Roberta Simpson in please”

Receptionist “Please hold on while I check for you

Frank- Thanks

Receptionist -Im sorry sir, she checked out earlier today

Frank Are you sure? Please check again

Receptionist -Yes, according to our records she checked in on Sunday and checked out this afternoon.

Flashback ends

Frank sighed then drank some of the whiskey and put the glass down. He couldn’t believe that she was gone…he missed her again. Frank looked around the bar, there were a few couples together having a good time as they listened to the music. He felt so lonely and upset. Upset that Pippa didn’t tell him that Bobby was coming to New York, upset that he didn’t see her, upset that tomorrow he was going back to the life that didn’t make him happy…a life he couldn’t get out of. Frank sighed and signaled to the bar tender to give him more whiskey

You look like you're in another world but I can read your mind
How can you be so far away, lying by my side
When I go away I'll miss you and I will be thinking of you
Every night and day

Westin Hotel- Boston

Roo tied the belt of her dressing gown tighter and walked out of the bathroom and into the room and sat on the bed. It had been a long day and she was tired, but not too tired to be excited. Roo reached forward on her bed and picked up the envelope and opened it. Although the office was not ready, Helen sent some information about a PR event that Roo had to organize. Roo looked over the details and smiled. Tomorrow was going to be another excellent day and she couldn’t wait.

Just promise me you'll wait for me
'Cause I'll be saving all my love for you
And I will be home soon

Grant lay on the bed staring at the letter on the side table then he turned his attention to the ceiling. He had been officially relieved of his teaching duties, but that didn’t matter because all he wanted to know was how his girls were doing. He was annoyed that he couldn’t go and get them but he understood why. He had not heard from Mrs Fletcher so he didn’t know what was going on. Grant sighed then he got up and walked over to the drawer. He took out a sweater, put it on then walked over to the table and grabbed his keys.

Promise me you'll wait for me
I need to know you feel the same way too
And I'll be home, I'll be home soon

When I go away I'll miss you and I will be thinking of you
Every night and day
Just promise me you'll wait for me
And I will be home soon

Cameron Residence- Summer Bay

Adam opened his eyes when he heard the knock at the door. He started to get up then he stopped. He wasn’t expecting any visitors then he figured out who it might be. He didn’t want to see her, she lied to him and she was too young. Adam heard the door knock again then he laid back on the bed as he heard her walk away.

I need to know you feel the same way too

And I'll be home, I'll be home

Ailsa walked into the living room to see Alf sitting in the dark

“You not coming to bed love?” Ailsa said as she walked over to the couch. Her voice made Alf jump

“Yeah in a minute love. I wanted to give Ruthy a call” Alf said as he got up and walked over to the phone, turned the light on and began to dial “I guess they must be sleeping or at work or something” Alf said when there was no answer then he put the phone down

“Ails, I know it was hard at the beginning, but thanks for being there for Ruthy, I really appreciate how the two of you get on now” Alf said as he looked at Ailsa

“Yes, I never thought that we would have a good relationship but time turns things around” Ailsa said and smiled

“I hope that you will always be there for her” Alf said

“Of course I will…Is there something wrong love?” Ailsa said concerned

“No, why?” Alf said

“I don’t know, you talking like this” Ailsa said

“Isnt a bloke allowed to thank his wife?” Alf said and hugged Ailsa

“Yes you are…come n lets go to bed” Ailsa said and smiled as she walked towards the bedroom as Alf walked behind her with his smile disappearing

And I will be home soon

Background music ends

Fisher Residence-  Summer Bay

“Retiring already Donald?” Clive said as he poured himself some whisky

“Yes…I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. We recently lost one of teachers so ill be covering some of those classes until we find a replacement” Donald said

“You can always ask Barbra to come back” Clive said and smiled as Donald rolled his eyes and shook his head

“Good night Clive” Donald said and he walked to his bedroom and closed the door. Donald walked over to the couch and sat down. He opened the newspaper and began to read

“Knock at the door”

Clive put his whiskey and the newspaper down and got up and walked towards the door. When he opened it Al turned around with a look of shock on his face while Clive's turned to anger

“I I I wasn’t expecting to see you” Al said as he looked at Clive

“What do you want?” Clive said looking at Al

“Is that the way to speak to an old friend” Al said

“You have five seconds” Clive said

“Ill guess Ill see Don later” Al said

“Listen Simpson, Donald isn’t giving you any more money…why don’t you crawl back into the hole you came from” Al said

“I don’t think I can do that…not with what I know…it wouldn’t be right to deprive a family of knowing the truth and having it on record” Al said as he began to smile as Clives face changed from anger to shock

“You’re bluffing, you don’t know anything…besides even if you did , who is going to believe a deadbeat drunken jailbird like you anyway?” Clive said

“I guess we will have to see” Al said and he did a slight salute and disappeared into the night. Clive shut the door and walked over to the couch and sat down as he thought about what Al said. Al is a wounded dog with nothing to lose Clive thought to himself..maybe he isn’t bluffing after all. Clive sighed and drank his whiskey as he thought of a plan….

Al sat in his truck and slammed the door. The noise woke up Sophie who was lying down in the back. “Damn it” Al said. Clive was the last person he was expecting to see. Clive was smart, much smarter than Donald “Damn it” Al said again and slammed his hand a few times on the steering wheel then leaned his head back and ran his hands through his hair. Al was about to start the engine and drive off then he saw Sophie in the back and another idea came to his mind and he smiled then he started the engine and drove off

Novotel- New York

Background music- Hotel DJ

Say it's true, there's nothing like me and you
Not alone, tell me you feel it too
And I would runaway
I would runaway, yeah
I would runaway
I would runaway with you

'Cause I have fallen in love
With you, no never have
I'm never gonna stop falling in love, with you

Frank put the glass on the table and sighed. He wasn’t drunk but he was starting to feel light headed as he stared at a couple who he assumed were on a date. Frank stared at the woman, she had so much love in her eyes for the man she was with..he remembered how Bobby would look at him like that, she always believed in him… that is what he needed right now, he needed someone to look at him and love him like that.

Close the door, lay down upon the floor
And by candlelight, make love to me through the night
'Cause I have runaway
I have runaway, yeah
I have runaway, runaway
I have runaway with you

With you, no never have
I'm never gonna stop falling in love, with you (with you)

Frank put his hand in his pocket and took out his wallet and put some money on the table. He looked over at the couple again, this time he looked at the man. He had the expression of the luckiest man in the room. He was very proud, it was written all over his face. Frank put his jacket on them he put his bag on cross body and walked out of the bar. When Frank exited the hotel, the cold breeze woke him up. Frank exhaled and looked at his watch and began to walk to the station, it was late and he had to be at work early.

Flashback

Bobby – I love you Frank, I will never stop loving you..

Flashback ends

“Frank” Frank thought he heard his name but he didn’t know anyone here so he must’ve been hearing things

“Frank” Frank turned around

“Hi” Sam said when Frank turned around

“Hi, how are you?” Sam said with a big smile on her face

Good, I didn’t expect to see you here” Frank said

“Yeah, I am doing yet another internship at the hospital around the corner, what about you?” Sam said as she began walking next to Frank

“I went to see someone at the hotel, someone from home” Frank said

“Oh right, I hope you had a good time” Sam said

“Unfortunately I missed her” Frank said and he put his head down

“Sorry” Sam said

“Hey, do you want to go and get some food or something? Frank said

“Sure, I have been on my feet all day. There is a 24hr diner just up the street” Sam said

“Sounds good” Frank said and smiled as he stared at Sam as they walked…

And I would runaway
I would runaway, yeah
I would runaway
I would runaway with you

With you, no never have
I'm never gonna stop falling in love, with you

Fallen in love with you
No never, ever, I'm never gonna stop falling in love, with you
With you, my love
With you
Ya da da da da da da da da da da da

Background music ends

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in updating. I have been really busy. I jumped ahead slightly in time with the song choice for this chapter.

Enjoy and thanks for reading

Chapter 238

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve looked up from the book he was reading then he looked at his watch. Pippa had still not come home yet. He looked over at Grant who was sitting by the dining table then he looked at the oor as he heard footsteps coming down the stairs

“Why hasn’t Pippa come home yet” Sally said as she walked to Steve

“Sal, its late, why are you not sleeping” Steve said as he moved over so Sally could sit next to him. Sally put her head on Steves arm. Steve put his arm around her.

“Im waiting for Pippa” Sally said and before Steve could respond, he heard a car door close. Steve turned around and looked at Grant who rushed out of the door

Pippa stretched her arms out and yawned. It had been a long day, but she was happy that she got to spend a few hours with Alex. Pippa smiled then she exhaled as the familiar feeling of guilt came back then she looked at the door when she heard it open

“Hi, how did it go” Grant said as he walked towards Pippa. Pippa smiled and she moved out of the way for Grant to see a sleeping Viv, Tammy and Christopher. Grant exhaled and smiled

“Well this is only temporary. I convinced the social worker to allow the girls to stay with me. There will be another investigation in a few weeks” Pippa said and Grant exhaled and looked disappointed

“I just wish they could stay with me” Grant said

“I know but you know you are always welcome here and I have no problem with you taking them out” Pippa said and smiled

“Do you mind if I wake them up?” Grant said

“Sure” Pippa said and smiled.

“Thank you  Mrs Fletcher” Grant said as Pippa nodded. Grant opened the back door and gently shook Tammy then he gently shook Viv who was in the front passenger seat. Tammy yawned then she opened her eyes as Grant smiled at her. Tammy exhaled and hugged Grant really tight. Tammy got out of the car and Grant picked her up. Viv opened her eyes and jumped out of the passenger seat and hugged Grant. She was happy to see him. She was happy to be away from her mother and around people who treated her well. Pippa walked around to the other side of the car and lifted Christopher out of his car seat then sighed. She had no intention to foster any more children especially not after the letter she got recently. Pippa exhaled and closed the door. She looked around at the caravan park and rested her hand on the back of Christopher’s neck and exhaled. Things will be ok, Pippa said to herself and walked into the house.

Clergy House- NewCastle

Reverend Jones got up from the floor, made the sign of the cross, pulled back his sheets and got into bed. He pulled the covers over him and smiled. He got to spend a few hours today with Philippa. He looked after Christopher while she went meet with the social workers. He really enjoyed being with Christopher, he felt like his own son. As he thought that, he felt a bit of guilt because Christopher already had a father…and he had Frank. He didn’t want to replace any of them, he just wanted to love him…and Philippa too. He knew the time wasnt right, he didn’t know when the time would be right, but what he did know now is that he loved her. He loved her very much

Background music ends

Diner Manhattan

Background music from the  diner radio

Sitting at home another lonely night
Wish you were here so I could hold you tight
Pain in my heart because I'm all alone
Why did you leave, why did your love have to go?
And I would do anything for you, I would

Frank stared at the straw in the plastic cup in front of him. He thought he was hungry but he hadn’t touched his sandwich. He could hear Sam talking opposite him, but he couldn’t hear what she was saying. He was still thinking about how he got to the hotel too late

Thinkin' of ways that I can win your heart
But I'm so confused, I don't know where to start
Visions of love forever in my mind
I wait for the day when I could say that girl's mine

“Frank”

“Frank”

“Hmm?” Frank looked up

“Are you ok?” Sam said as she put her drink down and looked at Frank

“Yeah sorry, what was you saying?” Frank said

“I would rather know what is wrong with you…you seem miles away” Sam said and smiled as Frank sighed

“That obvious?” Frank said and smiled and Sam nodded. He looked into her eyes, they were comfortable for him right now

“Tonight, I went to see someone at the hotel, someone from home. When I got there, I was too late. She had already gone” Frank said and sat back in his seat

“Must’ve been someone important to be affecting you still” Sam said

“Yeah” Frank said as he stirred the straw in his drink and smiled at the waves it made. The waves in the drink reminded him of the waves in the water of Shaolhaven when he and Bobby made love…then his smile disappeared as he thought about her making love to Brett Macklin..

"Do you want to talk about it?" Sam said as she saw Franks facial expression change

'Cause I would do anything for you, yes, I would
I'll give you love
(I'll give you love)
The things you want
(The things you want)
Baby, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

I would do anything for you
I would do anything, girl, anything for you

Macklin Residence- The City

Melanie rolled onto her back breathing fast and wrapped the bedsheet around her. She looked over at Brett as he got out of the bed and walked towards the ringing phone  and got butterflies in her stomach. She couldn’t believe that a guy like Brett was interested in her and if she played her cards right…she might end up being Mrs Mscklin one day. “Thanks, good night” Brett said then put the phone down and walked towards the bathroom. He turned on the bathroom light and as he made his way to the toilet he stopped and looked at himself in the mirror and smiled….his plan had worked…

So what can I do to prove I need your love?
What will it take because I won't give up
Open your heart and let your feelings show
'Cause deep down inside my heart just won't let you go

Girl, I would do anything for you, yes, I would
I'll give you love
(I'll give you love)
The things you want
(The things you want)
Baby, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do

Smart Residence- The City

Narelle put the rollers in her hair and put her dressing gown on and flopped onto her bed. It had been a long day. She worked at a small printing shop doing the admin when she wasn’t working at the Bistro but she preferred the Bistro because she liked to meet people. Narelle sighed and fell back onto the bed and smiled as she thought about Jeff…..

Sands resort- Summer Bay

Jeff snorted then leaned his head back and smiled as he felt the cocaine burn the back of his throat.

So if there ever comes a time
When it's true love you hope to find
Just call out my name
And girl, I swear, I would do anything

Narelle couldn’t believe how well things were going between them. She couldn’t believe that she left Summer Bay to only fall for a guy who lived in Summer Bay!. This was the real thing this time…Narelle could feel it

I'll give you love
I'll give you love, oh, I'll give you love, girl
I'll give you love, oh, I'll give you love

Manhattan- New York

“Thanks for dinner” Sam said as she stepped out of the diner, and out her scarf on

“No worries…sorry for being distant...I just didn't feel like talking too much” Frank said

“Its ok, I know what it feels like to miss someone who is important to you” Sam said as Frank sighed

“Thanks for the company anyway…I definitely needed it tonight” Frank said as he smiled at Sam

“Youre welcome..I better get going, I just live down there and the station is just across the road…Here" Sam said and she smiled as she took a pen from her back and some paper and wrote something down and gave it to Frank

“Don’t be a stranger” Sam said as she gave the paper with her number on it to Frank who smile

“Ok” Frank said and Sam turned to walk away..Frank looked at the number on the paper and put it into his bag, sighed and walked towards the station

(I swear I would do, babe)
(Anything for you, babe)
I would do anything, girl, anything for you

Background music ends

Chapter 239

Three weeks later

Simpson residence- Summer Bay

Bobby put the box on the bed and walked around the room. She touched the tall chest of drawers then she walked over to the dressing table and mirror… She then walked over to the wardrobe with the mirror then she walked back to the bed and sat down. She couldn’t believe that here she was, with enough money to buy anything she wanted. She made the decision to move into the beach house. She didn’t think she would be able to live in the home that was meant for her and Frank, but leaving New York meant leaving him behind and starting a new life. Bobby looked at the bags on the floor of brand-new bedding that she bought today and smiled as she remembered the fortune teller that she had to let go of Frank for a new love to come into her life. Bobby sighed as she heard Christopher crying and went downstairs

“Mr Christopher is getting cranky, I think its time for me to take him home Pippa said as she picked Christopher up and he put his head on her shoulder

“Thank you for coming shopping with me” Bobby said as she put some cans in the cupboard.

Background music Frank and Bobby’s theme

“Youre welcome…I am glad that you decided to give this place a chance…everything will be fine” Pippa said and she smiled

“When I get properly settled, ill have everyone over for Sunday dinner” Bobby said and smiled

“ I look forward to it” Pippa said as she opened the door and walked towards her car. Pippa put Christopher in his car seat and shut the door then she looked at Bobby

“Is there something wrong?” Bobby said with a confused look on her face

“Nothing, I am really proud of you” Pippa said then she hugged Bobby who smiled then Pippa got into the car

“Grant must be excited to have a room mate” Pippa said as she looked at Bobby

“I don tthink he cares, he is just happy that Viv and Tammy are back” Bobby said and Pippa smiled

“Pippa why aer you smiling?” Bobby said

“Nothing, aren’t I allowed to smile at my daughter?” Pippa said

“I know what you are up to…Grant and I are just friends” Bobby said and shook her head

“I didn’t say anything” Pippa said and laughed

“Pippa”! Bobby said

“Yes yes yes, you said, you are just friends” Pippa said

“Yes, just friends” Bobby said

“Ill see you later” Pippa said and smiled then she drove off. Bobby walked back to the house, closed the front door then rested behind the door, shook her head again and laughed

Background music ends

Stewart shop- Summer Bay

“G’day Donald” Alf said as Donald opened the fridge for some milk

“Hello Alf, just the milk thanks..oh and a bottle of the champagne you got there” Donald said as he put the milk on the counter and put his hand in his pocket to get the money

“celebrating something?” Alf said

“Hopefully a new beginning. Things have been tense between Bobby and I, she just moved into the beach house so this is a peace offering and a housewarming present if you will” Donald said

“Oh right..I haven’t seen clive lately” Alf said as Donald gave him the money for the milk

“Yes, he went home last week…he decided that there was no need to hang around here since Al appears to have gone”  Donald said with a smile. He was correct, Al had not been around.

“Hopefully we can all get on with our lives now” Alf said as he put the champagne and milk in a bag for Donald.

“Yes, thank goodness for that..Ill see you” Donald said then he picked up the bag and walked out of the shop as Alf smiled and went back to counting his stock

Narooma- Australia

“Hey, get up” Al said as he slapped Sophies arm. She opened her eyes and sat up straight in the passenger seat “Always sleeping, what is the matter with you” Al said annoyed

“You know what to do, and make sure you bring back more than $10 or you are going to get it, now go” Al said and he opened the door and pushed Sophie out of the car. Sophie fell on the floor but got up quickly  and shut the car door. Al watched her as she went into the shop. He put his hands in his pocket and pulled out his last $15 “Time to put my plan into action” Al said and smiled to himself.

Macklin office- New York

Frank put the pen behind his ears as he typed the contract on the computer. Since he got the promotion to account manager, he got a new computer which made life much easier for him even though it had been a long week

Phone ringing

Frank stopped typing and picked up the phone

“Frank Morgan speaking” Frank said

“Hi Frank, its me” Roo said

“Oh Hi, its great to hear your voice..Ive had such a busy week. What time is your flight getting in? lets go out to watch a movie or something” Frank said

Background music- have you ever been alone

“That’s what I am ringing you about” Roo said

“What do you mean?” Frank said

“I have an event tomorrow that I cant get out of, so I wont be home until next weekend” Roo said

“Roo, that wasn’t part of the deal. You said you would be home every weekend” Frank said angrily

“Frank its not my fault, I can’t get out of it” Roo said

“Yeah sure. The only reason I agreed to this is because you said you would be home every weekend” Frank said

“ I know, the company changed the date and since we are trying to set the office up, we cant afford to lose clients…im sorry…” Roo said. Frank didn’t respond

“Hey, why don’t you come here and we can spend the weekend here…maybe have a mini honeymoon” Roo said

“No, I don’t want to do that” Frank said as he removed the pen from behind his ear and threw it on the desk

“Frank, I really am sorry…what do you want me to do? When we first got to New York, I didn’t say anything when you left me on my own when you were working overtime” Roo said

“That was different” Frank said

“ How was that different?” Roo said

“How was that different?” Roo said

“It just was…anyway, I got work to do. Ill see you whenever you get home” Frank said then he put the phone down, sighed and leaned back in his chair.

Background music ends

Here comes the hot stepper, murderer
I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
Pick up the crew in-a de area, murderer
Still love you like that, murderer

“Here you go” Sandra said as she put three milkshakes in front of Viv, Tammy and Sally as Grant smiled

“Did you finish reading the book?” Viv said to tammy

“Yeah, why do you need some help?” Sandra said

“Oh, yeah, I am stuck on answering the third question” Viv said

“I can come over to your place later if you want and go through it” Sandra said and smiled. She was happy that Viv was back. They were best friends. She didn’t have that same connection with Emma even though they lived together

Emma watched Viv and Sandra from the kitchen as she swept the floor. Her Aunt thought it would be a good idea for her to earn some extra money working at the diner since they had recently got really busy. She had seen Adam but he still wasn’t talking to her.

No no we don't die, yes we multiply
Anyone test will hear the fat lady sing
Act like you know, Rico
I know what Bo don't know
Touch them up and go, uh-oh!
Ch-ch-chang chang

“When you finish that, can you start on the dishes, I am taking Duncan home…ill see you girls later” Ailsa said and smiled at Emma. She really enjoyed having her niece living with her, she was such a sweet girl who had been through so much.

“Ok” Emma smiled and her expression changed as Ailsa walked out of the kitchen.

Background music ends

“I cant believe you have this gorgeous house” Carly said as her and bobby said in the garden eating sandwiches and looking at some ideas for the diner after dark. Bobby didn’t mention anything about Frank so she didn’t confess to Bobby that she told Frank where she was staying

Bobby smiled. It did feel like a dream, one she never thought would come true

“So how long will the diner be closed for?” Carly said

“I spoke to the builder and he said he will be able to work around the diner in the day time and the project will take a week at the most” Bobby said as she spoke about the plans to open up the diner to make more space for live music and more tables at night

“”Oh right, so will it be ok if I take next weekend off? Ben is taking me to meet his parents” Carly said excited

“Sounds like things are going to be permanent” Bobby said

“Yeah…I love him. It feels really good for everything to be working so well” Carly said as Bobby put her head down

“Sorry” Carly said

“No, its not your fault” Bobby said

“Besides, love might just be around the corner…or in the downstairs room” Carly said as she raised her eyebrows

“What are you talking about?” Bobby said confused

“Grant” Carly said

“What about him?” Bobby said

“Come off it Bobby, you cant say you haven’t noticed how cute he is and how he is always hanging around you” Carly said

“Carly, he is just a friend “ Bobby said as she picked up the empty plates and took them inside into the kitchen

“Yeah sure” Carly said

“Im serious, he is just a friend…and you are going to be late to work” Bobby said as she tapped her finger on her wrist

“Ok ok ok, I am going” Carly said and she smiled and left the house as Bobby smiled and shook her head.

Sorry for the delay in updating. Thank you for still ready...enjoy...

Chapter 240

Stewart Residence- the city

Barbra put the folder on the coffee table and sat down on the couch. She recently went back to teaching again, only as a substitute for the time being. Barbra sighed then picked the folder up and took out all the papers she had to mark before Monday. The house was quiet, Rebecca was in Adelaide for a recital. For the first time in a while she felt lonely and also felt that she deserved the loneliness.

Things had fizzled out with Matt. He didn’t need to tell her; she just knew that it was time to move on. Barbra thought about how stupid she was to lie about being pregnant and when she did really get pregnant, she miscarried. Barbra got up and walked over to a draw and pulled out an old photo album. She walked back to the couch and sat down then began flipping through the pages. She smiled as she looked at old photos of Alan and Rebecca as babies then she turned the page and stared at the photo of her and Donald on their wedding day. She was a few months pregnant with Alan and Donald did the right thing. He wasn’t forced, they were in love with each other but Donald wanted to do things right. Barbra smiled as she remembered the wedding day, Donald waited at the church with his brother as best man and her father walked her down the aisle. Even though they had their ups and down…she had to admit that she never really stopped loving Donald..she just couldn’t live with him. Barbra sighed and shook her head. She was probably only feeling this way because it was Alans birthday in a few weeks. Barbra wondered what her life would’ve been like had she stayed and tried to work things out with Donald. They had gotten married when she was a year into University. She thought that staying at home and being married to Donald was everything she wanted then things changed…she changed. Barbra looked at the photo of Donald one more time then she took it out of the album and put it next to her then put the album on the table and picked up the folder to start marking the papers

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Lance opened the can of beer and flopped onto the couch. He used the remote to turn the TV on then he wiped the beer that spilled onto his chest. Lance drank the beer then he looked around his home. It was quiet. Martin had gone, Marilyn was gone. He was all by himself. “Maybe I should just skip town meself” Lance said outloud and drank some more beer

Knock on the door

Lance got up and opened the curtain and the sliding door

“Mum, what are you doing here” Lance said  as Colleen pushed past him and entered the mobile home with two suitcases. Colleen put the suitcases on the floor and wiped her eyes

“Ive left your dad for good this time. I believed the lies when he told ne he wanted nothing more to do with that barmaid Kylie and I believed him. No, no more, its over now” Colleen said and she began crying as Lance hugged her

“Its alright Mum, you can stay here for as long as you like” Lance said

“Lancey, it wont be for long. Just until I can get myself a place.”Colleen said then she took a napkin from her pocket and blew her nose with it

“Don’t worry Mum, stay as long as you like. You’re me mum” Lance said then he looked at Colleen who smiled at him

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

Bobby stared at the moon. The weather was nice and cool. After Carly left she made up her bed and took a shower. She wasn’t tired as she thought so she took the opportunity to sit outside. The moon was very was very bright tonight. Next to the moon there was one single star that shone very brightly. Bobby smiled. She was alone looking at an assignment outline that she started, Grant was at the diner and she was going to be spending the first night in her home…a home she was supposed to share with her husband and son. Bobby sighed then picked up the pen on the table to add to the assignment outline

Knock at the door.

Bobby looked at the direction of the door and got up and walked towards the front door. She wasn’t expecting anyone. She opened the curtain and saw a familiar face then she exhaled and opened the door

“I hope I am not calling around too late” Donald said when Bobby opened the door

“Its ok” Bobby said

“Do you mind if I come in” Donald said and Bobby opened the door for Donald to come in. Donald closed the door behind him and followed Bobby as she walked back to the back and sat down. He looked around the living room.

“I brought this for you..a housewarming gift” Donald said as he got outside and gave the bottle of champagne to Bobby. Bobby looked at the bottle. Things had been really tense between them. She couldn’t fully forgive him for the way he behaved after she lost Thomas

“Thanks Bobby said and she took the bottle from Donald and put int on the table

“Do you mind if I sit down?” Donald said

“Ok” Bobby said as Donald sat done. Bobby picked up the assignment outline and Donald picked up the textbook

“I am glad that you decided to get your degree..a little late but nonetheless you are doing it” Donald said and Bobby looked at him

“What do you want?” Bobby said as Donald looked at her.

“I wanted to clear the air, I know that things have been awkward between us” Donald said as Bobby looked at him

“I take full responsibility, I should have been more caring after you lost Tom, I didn’t attempt to understand what you were going through….what you have been through…what you are probably still going through” Donald said as he looked at Bobby

“I just want the best for you that’s all, and maybe being overbearing is my way of making up for all the years when I wasn’t in your life” Donald said as Bobby looked at him

“Are you not going to say anything?” Donald said as he looked at Bobby who sighed

“There is soo much that you don’t know and understand about me. You are right, I was hurt…I lost the man I love and my child…I needed you to tell me that everything was going to be alright but you didn’t” Bobby said as she stared at Donald who put his head down

“I am sorry for that Danny business, I should’ve left things alone..I just wanted you to be happy…I know how heartbroken you were…with Frank leaving..maybe if I didn’t interfere by now you and him would be somewhere away from here and Tom would still be alive” Donald said and Bobby felt her heart drop because she wasn’t talking about Danny

“Bobby I want to try again, I cant go back and correct the mistakes I made but I want a chance to show you that I will change…please” Donald said as tears filled his eyes and he reached for Bobbys hand. Bobby looked at him. She remembered reading in a magazine that a girls father is supposed to be her first love, the man who sets the standards for all men. She wanted to give him a chance afterall he was her father and he did mean well. Bobby sighed and smiled at him

“Yes, we can start again, but I need to be able to run my life, the way I want to run my life..not how you think I should live my life” Bobby said and Donald nodded…yes yes of course, I think I have learned my lesson” Donald said and smiled

“I must say, this is a beautiful large house” Donald said looking around the back yard.

“Yeah, I always wanted to live in a house on the beach when I was a little girl” Bobby said as she removed her hand from Donald’s.

“It was very nice of Edna to buy it for you” Donald said and Bobby smiled as Donald got up and walked around the kitcken

“A big house like this is going to need a lot of maintenance and upkeep” Donald said as Bobby walked into the kitchen with the bottle of champagne and put it on the table

“I am sure Grant and I can handle if. Do you want some tea or something” Bobby said as she opened the fridge and took some milk out

“Yes…I am sure you will…umm..will Grant be staying here for long?” Donald said as he looked at the cupboards

“He hasn’t said. I don’t think he will be able to find anything else cheaper, not with what I pay him” Boby said and laughed as she put the kettle on

“Yes I suppose…well you know how the people of this town are” Donald said

“What do you mean?” Bobby said

“You know, all that business with Grant losing his job at the school, and now he is living her with a single woman..people will talk” Donald said and Bobby sighed and shook her head

“What did I just tell you a few minutes ago about not interfering my life? Bobby said

“but but but I am not interfering, I am just concerned about what the people in this town will say” Donald was interrupted

“I don’t care what the slaggers around say about me or my life..I think you should just go” Bobby said and walked towards the front door and opened it

“Bobby, please..I wasn’t interfering. Just concerned” Donald said as he walked towards the front door. Bobby didn’t say anything she just looked at him

“I guess I will say goodnight now..maybe Ill see you tomorrow..I have some compost that I can put in your garden if you want” Donald said and Bobby didn’t respond

“Well goodnight” Donald said and he sighed as Bobby closed the door.

Bobby shook her head. She was happy for a short moment think that her dad was finally going to change, but he hadn’t. Bobby walked over to the phone then she pulled out the draw and took out a phone book. She opened the pages then picked up the phone receiver and began to dial

“Hi Reverend Jones…I hope I didn’t wake you up…I’m fine, I moved into the beach house today…yeah everything is fine….I guess you know me too well…its Dad…he just left here” Bobby said and she pulled the phone over to the couch and sat down as she listened to Reverend Jones who always had the way of calming her heart. Bobby smiled

One month later

Stewart/Ross residence- Summer Bay

Celia heard some laughing as the door closed. She closed the oven door and wiped her hands on her apron and walked towards the living roon

“Hello, I wasn’t expecting you, Celia said as she kissed Michaels cheek. “The traffic wasn’t too bad on the way back” Michael said

“How are you Hayden?” Celia said as she smiled

“Ok,,,can I go to my room” Hayden said as he looked at Celia

“Ok but not for too long, the casserole will be ready soon”Celia said

“We had a burger on the way back..I should’ve phoned you and told you” Michael said as he took his jacket off and put it on the chair. Celia sighed and picked up the jacket and hung it on the rack by the door. Celia walked back to the kitchen and sighed

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa put some foil on the left-over quiche and put it in the fridge and closed the door.

Background music- Fletcher family theme

Pippa locked the door. She could hear Bobby driving off. She looked around the quiet kitchen. Today was one year that Tom died. One year that she didn’t have him by her side. Today she spent the day with her family, talking about Tom and remembering the fun times they had together. Although for the most part the day had been good, Sally in particular was having a hard time. She elected to spend most of the day in her bedroom…with Milko.  Pippa sighed then she picked up the empty cola on the table and walked towards bin. As she dropped it in the bin, a crumpled-up paper caught her eye. Pippa bent down and picked up the paper and uncrumpled it and sighed. Now it all made sense. It was a flyer for the upcoming father/daughter dance. Paper put the flyer on her chest and closed her eyes.

Phone ringing

Pippa looked at her watch, it was late. She walked over to the phone and picked it up. “Hello” Pippa said

“I hope I didn’t wake you” Reverend Jones said as Pippa exhaled and smiled

“No, I was just tidying up. Bobby just left and the others are in their rooms” Pippa said

“I wasn’t sure if it would be appropriate to call…but I really wanted to hear your voice” Reverend Jones said as Pippa smiled

“Thank you for being considerate” Pippa said and smile

“I said a prayer for Tom today…and all of you” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you Alex” Pippa said as she looked at the flyer in her hand

“Is everything alright?” Reverend Jones said

“Yes…well sort of…its sally. I found a flyer crumpled up in the bin…it is an invite to the father daughter dance at Sally’s school…last year Frank took her and I guess the school mustve passed them out for this years dance” Pippa said

“Oh dear” Reverend Jones said

“She has spent most of the day in her room” Pippa said

“Is there anything I can do…I don’t mind taking her” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you for offering Alex but with the way she is feeling, I am not sure if she would be interested. This thing with Frank is also a factor” Pippa said

“Maybe its time to think about telling him what is going on. I recall how close they were, maybe a phone call from him will settle her” Reverend Jones said

I wish it was that easy..knowing Frank, he would take the first plan here and I don’t want that disruption for him…or for Bobby” Pippa said

“Yes, that is a good point…I am sure things will be fine…my offer still stands” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you for caring Alex” Pippa said and smiled

“ How are Tammy and Viv?’ Reverend Jones said

“Doing really well. They spend a lot of time with Grant, I think they prefer it that way and both are doing really well at school” Pippa said

“That is wonderful. They are sweet girls. Thank you for loving them” Reverend Jones said

“Alex” Pippa said

“Yes” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you for caring enough to call me” Pippa said

“I wanted to call earlier but I didn’t want things to be awkward” Reverend Jones said

“Thank you” Pippa said

“Well, I better leave you to get some sleep” Reverend Jones said

“Ok…Alex” Pippa said

“Yes” Reverend Jones said

“Goodnight” Pippa said

“Goodnight Phillippa” Reverend Jones said said then he put the phone down. Pippa felt the butterflies in her stomach. However, this time, the guilt she usually felt had disappeared. Pippa put the phone down and picked up the wedding photo of her and Tom. She looked at Tom then she put the photo on her chest and exhaled then she looked at the photo again.

“I love you Tom…thank you” Pippa said and smiled then she put the photo down, picked up the flyer, turned the light off and headed upstairs.

Macklins Office- New York

Frank picked up the fletcher family photo on his desk and looked at it

flashback

Frank -Why do girls do that?

Tom- They do that when they cant figure out what they want

Frank – I don’t like her anymore anyway

Tom- That was quick

Frank - I think Kelly Robinson is cuter anyway

Tom- So you are not upset then

Frank- No way

Tom- That’s the way…good on you

Flashback ends

Frank smiled; he had been thinking a lot about Tom today. He spoke to Pippa late last night  and she seemed to be in good spirits. She said they were all going to lay flowers at Toms grave and spend the day as a family. Frank wished he as there right now…anywhere but here. He and Roo had barely spoken to each other since she didn’t come home as planned. Frank sighed. He didn’t know where they were heading and right now he didn’t really care. She said she was coming home tonight…he didn’t care, he wasn’t going to be there until she was asleep anyway so he wouldn’t have to talk to her. Frank picked up the envelope on his desk and took out the two cinema tickets. He put them back in the envelope and put them in his bag and turned to his computer and began to type.

Background music ends

Stewart shop- Summer Bay

Alf, I organized the stockroom in alphabetical order, making it easier to find things in there” Colleen said

“Oh hello Ailsa sorry I didn’t see you there..Alf has been keeping me..I better get back to it” Colleen said and she smiled and went to the stockroom

Ailsa watched her go and looked at Alf who rolled his eyes

“How is she getting on” Ailsa said

“Not bad, shes actually a pretty decent worker” Alf said and he put his hand on his stomach

“You still have indigestion?” Ailsa said

“Just a little bit, probably from that curry from last night” Alf said as he reached into his pocket and took out some indigestion tablets

“It wasn’t that bad” Ails said

“Speak for yourself. I think I am leaving Indian food alone” Alf said and put the tablets in his mouth and started to chew

“As you wish, I need to get on. Bobby has an exam tomorrow morning so she is staying in the city so I need to get back and get the wholesale order done…Ill see you at home” Ails said and she walked towards the door

“Alright love” Alf said as Ailsa walked out of the door

“phone ringing”

“Gday, Stewart store” Alf said as he chewed the indigestion tablet then his facial expression changed

“What do you want….I sent you money last week…..Im not giving you any more money…ok ok ok you don’t need to remind me…how much do you want….ill send it in a few hours, I need to go to the bank….i said ill send it alright” Alf said then he put the phone down and sighed.

“COLLEEN..COLLEEN” Alf yelled

“Yes ALF?” Colleen Said as she came out of the stockroom

“Im just going out, ill be back soon” Alf said as he walked out of the door and to his car. Alf opened the door and sat down and sighed. He was way in over his head and he didn’t know how to get out of it….

Chapter 241

Two weeks later

Beauty School – Yabbie Creek

Marilyn returns to her position as the rest of the class claps for her. She was asked by the instructor to demonstrate the correct way to use foil for hair colouring. Marilyn smiled as she listens to the instructor compliment on the good job she did. She raises her hand up and touches the pendent hanging on her chain. The Christmas gift from ben that she now likes to refer to as her lucky charm. As the instructor continued Marilyn found it hard to concentrate as she thought at Ben and him agreeing to think about taking her to meet his parents. This were going really well with them, she knew that Ben was the one and now she knew even more that he was the one…her life was perfect…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Carly yawned as she sat pulled out the chair and put the folder on the dining table. “Tired” Pippa said as she looked up from sewing “I should still be asleep but with Bobby still in the city I have to do the wholesale order for the diner after dark and supervise the builders. They should be finishing up today. We start the live music next week…are you up for singing in a band??” Carly said as she teased Pippa “I think I will pass” Pippa said and laughed as Carly  yawned again and laughed . It was her fault that she was tired. She was on the phone with Ben for a few hours when she got home from work. Carly smiled to herself as she thought about how good things had been between them, especially since he took her home to meet his parents. “Do you want me to get you some breakfast?” Pippa said

“No, Ill get something from the diner, I have to go now anyway” Carly said as she got up

“Carly” Pippa said and Carly sat back down

“I just wanted to say that I am really proud of you” Pippa said

“What brought this on?” Carly said with a confused look on her face. “Nothing, its just that I know that you have had a hard time since we came here and not it seems like everything is going really well for you and you are happy” Pippa said and smiled

“Yeah, it does feel that way. its thanks to Bobby giving me a chance and meeting Ben. I really love him Pippa, if he asked me to marry him tomorrow, I think I would” Carly said and Pippa smiled the she looked at each empty chair around the table

“What?” Carly said as she got up

“Im just thinking about how well you all are doing” Pippa said

“And its thanks to you and Tom for loving all of us and giving us a home” Carly said and she walked over and kissed Pippa on the head.

“Thank you…Oh ill be writing Frank later, any message?” Pippa said

“tell him I said hello” Carly said

“I will love, see you later” Pippa said and Carly left the house. Pippa sighed then she walked over to the desk, pulled out the draw, took an envelope out and sat down. She took the letter out of the envelope and unfolded it then sighed. This was one thing she wasn’t going to tell Frank…

Sandra hung her uniform on the hanger in the wardrobe and closed the door. She picked up her school bag from the beg and walked out of the bedroom into the kitchen. Nobody was home yet. She put her bag on the table and went to the fridge, she took out some juice and went and sat at the table. She wanted to get her other homework done first so that she could go over to the caravan park. Her Steve, Craig and Viv were going to work on their science project for the science fair. Sandra smiled, she was really happy living with Mrs Stewart. She missed her mum at times but she was happy that she made the decision to come back to Summer Bay..even though she originally wanted to come back because of Steve. Things were not the same with them, not since she moved back to Summer Bay and found out that steve was dating Rebecca.. Sandra sighed. She thought that maybe her and Craig were could be boyfriend and girlfriend but she only saw him has a good mate.  Sandra opened her back and took out a folder when she heard the door open

“Look at little miss conch” Emma said as she walked into the kitchen as Sandra started doing her homework and put her bag on Sandra’s books

“If you don’t care about passing that’s your business. I want to” Sandra said and she moved Emmas bag out of the way

“I want to” Emma said mimicking Sandra’s voice then she laughed and rolled her eyes and went to the fridge. She took out a can of coke, shook it and opened it over Sandras work. Sandra jumped up

“What did you do that for?” Sandra said angrily and began to wipe the coke off her work as Emma sat down and put her feet on the table

“Oops” Emma said and smiled sarcastically

Sandra looked at Emma and picked up her books and bag and left the house. Emma laughed. She couldn’t stand Sandra and all the kids in Summer Bay, they were all babies and if she had a choice she wouldn’t be here but she didn’t. She opened her school bag and took out a small bottle of whiskey, she opened the whiskey and drank some then she heard the door opening and she closed the top and pushed the bottle into her back

“Gday Emma” Alf said as he walked into the kitchen

“Hi” Emma said as she took out a folder from her bag

“Doing your homework I see…good on you” Alf said as he walked over to a drawer and pulled out a receipt book

“Just came home for this, Ill see you later” Alf said and he left the house again. When Emma heard his car drive away, she put the folder back into her bag and headed for the door.

Caravan park- Summer Bay

“How was school?” Pippa said as Steve, Viv , Tammy and Sally entered the house behind each other

“Ok” Tammy said and she put her bag on the floor. SALLY DIDN’T RESPOND.

“Good thanks” Viv said and smiled

“Pippa, Is it alright for Sandra and Craig to come over after dinner, we want to get a head start on the project for the science fair” Steve said

“Of course it is” Pippa said and smiled

“I want to get this homework out of the way, can I go to my room before me and Steve do kitchen duty?” Viv said. She was happy living with Mrs Fletcher and she got to see Grant all the time

“Yes sweetheart,” Pippa said as she watched Tammy, Steve and Viv go upstairs. Sally sat down at the dining table.

“Is there something wrong sweetheart?” Pippa said as she looked at Sally

“No..can I go to my room please” Sally said

“Sal, come here, I want to talk to you about something” Pippa said as she motioned for Sally to come and stand next to her.

Background music- Fletcher family theme

Pippa put her hand in her pocket and pulled out the crumpled up flyer which was now folded. Pippa put it on the table in front of Sally

“I found this in the rubbish” Pippa said as she unfolded the paper and put it in front of Sally whose eyes were now wide

“Why did you throw it away?I thought you enjoyed yourself last year,,,don’t you want to go?” Pippa said and Sally shook her head no and a tear dropped to her cheek

“Steve can take you if you want to go” Pippa said as she wiped Sallys cheek. “I don’t want to go” Sally said

“Sweetheart, you know we talk about problems in this family” Pippa said and Sally nodded her head “ I know you are still upset about Frank, but why don’t you want to talk about it?” Pippa said

“Because I don’t want to…can I go to my room please” Sally said

“Sweetheart, I don’t want you to be upset…will you at least think about going?” Pippa said and Sally shook her head no

“What if I get you a nice new dress will you go?” Pippa said and Sally shook her head no and Pippa sighed

“Can I go to my room please” Sally said

“Ok” Pippa said and she watched as Sally walked up the stairs. Pippa wished that she could tell Frank, but she knew what he would do..she wouldn’t be able to keep her secret from him either. Pippa sighed

Background music ends

Stewart shop- Summer bay

Alf filled out the receipt book

“Just going for my break Alf, I won’t be long” Colleen said

“Alright” Alf said as he continued to write in the receipt book

Phone ringing

“Stewart store” Alf said “Look…I just sent you some money..I am not sending you any more …no..its enough…if you had anything you would’ve gone to the police…..now get lost and don’t call me again” Alf said and he slammed the phone down and shook his head then he looked at the phone as he regretted what he had just done…

Chapter 242

Italian Restaurant- Walldorf Creek

“I assume its because I am trying too hard…I don’t want to make the same mistakes I made with Alan” Donald said as he drank some of his wine. He was telling Barbra about how his efforst to win back Bobby’s trust had been derailed. Barbra smiled as she picked up her glass and drank some if her wine too. “Yes, its understandable…but I guess we have to leave our children to make the best decisions for their own life” Barbra said

“Yes…I know but seeing what she went through after Frank left her, I never want to see her got through that again” Donald said  “I suppose one good thing to come out of all of this is that her and Frank realized they were not right for each other before they got in deeper and had children” Barbra said “ I guess we have to be thankful for small mercies” Donald said “Oh Donald” Barbra said “Im sorry Barbra but that boy is a terrible excuse for a man” Donald said “Well, he makes Ruth happy…Alf said things seem to be going very well for them. Ruth has really established herself at the company she works for and she has settled into the life of a wife and is very happy” Barbra said  and Donald looked at her and didn’t respond  Anyway…its nice that we can have a dinner and be civil while talking about old times” Donald eventually  said. It was a shock for him when Barbra called him up out of the blue saying she and Rebecca wanted to come to summer bay to just be by the beach for Alans birthday. That was a few days ago but she stayed in town as Rebecca left to go back to g back home to get ready for a trip to Europe with the orchestra . Donald had to admit to himself it was really nice to be around Rebecca and Barbra, it felt like old times again. “Yes, I suppose it is” Barbra said and smiled She felt like an 18 year old again going on her first adult date.
How about a toast” Barbra said and raised her glass “Oh? What are we toasting to?” Donald said looking confused “Rekindling old friendships” Barbra said and she looked at Donald “Yes, rekindling old friendships” Donald said and they clinked glasses and smiled at each other

Macklin Officer- New York

“He did what? No way” Frank said and he laughed. Sam was on the phone telling him about the date she went on with one of the trainee doctors at a hospital she is doing an internship at. Frank picked up the sandwich and bit some and chewed as Sam continued to tell him about the disastrous date.Frank laughed again then he picked up a napkin and wiped his mouth. “Im not laughing at you..I just cant believe he did that” Frank said and picked up his can of coke and drank some then he looked at the clock on the wall. “Listen I got to go, I need to finish up a lot before I leave…..alright have a great shift and Ill speak to you next week” Frank said then he smiled and put the phone down. Frank smiled again. He felt comfortable around Sam, she felt like one of his foster sisters. The last few weeks they had spent some time together because of Roo being out of town. There was nothing romantic between them, it was just nice to have someone to speak too. He really wished he was speaking to his bestf riend but that wasn’t an option. Frank looked at the clock again and smiled as he remembered Sams story then his smile disappeared, Roo was flying back in a few hours and would be home with her and the awkwardness again. Frank sighed

“Wakey wakey” Narelle said and Bobby put the cover over her head. Her and Narelle went out on the town to celebrate her last exam and she was now off for two weeks until the new semester started. “Bobby took the cover off her head and rubbed her eye.

“So what are you going to do now that you are a lady of leisure?” Narelle said as she sat on the bed

“Leisure? I think last night is the only free time I have. I have three catering assignments and we start the live music at the diner tomorrow night…Grant has volunteered to be our first act..I wish you could come” Bobby said “I know,  me too but the tips on Saturday at the bistro are fantastic plus Jeff is spending the weekend” Narelle said and she flopped onto her back and stared at the ceiling. Bobby rolled her eyes “I cant believe you are really serious about Samuels” Bobby said

“I don’t give you hassles about your love life, so don’t give me hassles about mine: Narelle said

“Hassles? What love life?” Bobby said confused

“Hmmm let me see…Brett..Grant” Narelle counted her fingers and was interrupted

“Narelle! There is nothing going on with Brett and Grant is just a friend” Bobby said shaking her head

“Oh yeah? So why does your face lights up when I mention Grants name” Narelle said and she rolled over and looked at Bobby

“Face light up? What are you talking about?” Bobby said and laughed “Grant and me are just friends..I don’t know why no one believes me” Bobby said and she sat up in the bed

“Because we all want you to be happy…..look, Bobby, I know the way you feel…but its about time you  let some love into your life” Narelle said. Bobby didn’t respond

“Just think about. Besides most really good relationships start with friendship anyway” Narelle said and winked. Bobby shook her head and threw a pillow at her and got up and walked towards the bathroom. Bobby closed the bathroom door and looked at herself in the bathroom mirror. Her hair needed a cut again. She didn’t want it too grow too long again. She pushed a long strand behind her ear and used her finger to rub her cheek and across her lips

Flashback

Fortune teller- You have to let old love go to make place for new love”

Flashback ends

Bobby exhaled and smiled then she shook her head and turned the shower on and proceeded to take her clothes off….

Sandra took her apron off and walked into the kitchen

“Mrs Stewart is it ok if I go now?” Ailsa looked at the clock on the all “Yes of course it is love, now do you need a lift back home later?” Ailsa said “I think so, I am not sure what the others are doing yet” Sandra said as she walked into the pantry and picked up her bag. “ Will you be coming tonight?” Sandra said as she put her backpack on “Ill pop in at some point to see how things are going” Ails said as Sandra smiled. She was really excited to be going to the diner after dark with her friends to see Mr Mitchell play live music. They were not allowed at the sands because of their age but the diner didn’t serve alcohol so they were alright to be there

“Ok, ill see you later” Sandra said and she hugged Ailsa and left the diner. Ailsa smiled. She was happy that Sandra was living with her. She was doing really well in school and was happy to be in Summer Bay

“You can head off too love…I suppose you also want to get ready?” Ailsa said as Emma swept the kitchen floor

“Ready for what” Emma said and Ailsa looked at her. “To see Grant play tonight” Ailsa said

“No thanks, I got homework to do” Emma said, she lied

“Oh come on, the school holidays just started, I am sure your homework can wait” Ailsa said

“I want to get it out of the way” Emma said

“Love, are you ok?” Ailsa said

“I don’t know…I guess I miss mum” Emma said and lied

“Maybe we should call her..” Ailsa said and was interrupted

“No way, she knows where I am, she hasn’t bothered to call” Emma said upset

“Its not you love…shes probably still upset with me” Ailsa said and sighed

“Anyway I don’t care…can I head off now?” Emma said as she wiped a stray tear that fell to her check

“Sure” Ailsa said and Emma put the broom in the pantry and left the diner. Emma walked a few steps then she felt some more tears falling and she stopped walked and wiped her face and exhaled

“Hey, what took you so long?” Emma turned around to see the man on the motorbike she smiled and rushed over to him. He gave her a helmet, she put it on then got onto the back and they drove away,

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Wow..dont you all look nice” Pippa said as Viv Tammy and Sandra came into the living room

“Thanks” they said unison. “Is Craig not going with you?” Pippa said

“No, he has to work at the Sands tonight” Steve said

“Now remember, Mrs Stewart is going to bring you home in one hour” Pippa said as she patted Tammy on the head “Ok” Tammy said initially disappointed then she smiled again

Knock on the door

Steve walked over to the door and opened it

“Hello Mrs Stewart” Steve said as Ailsa walked into the house

“Wow…don’t you all look nice…where is Sally?” Ailsa said as she smiled. The girls decided to get dressed up even though they were not allowed to stay for long

“Sally is feeling under the weather” Pippa said

“Oh dear, I hope its nothing too bad” Ailsa said

“She will be fine” Pippa said and smiled

“Alright Pippa, Ill have them home shortly” Ailsa said as she walked towards the door

“Have a good time” Pippa said as she walked behind them and smiled

Bayside Diner after dark- Summer Bay

Carly began to panic, the diner was filling up. Even though the renovations allowed for more tables, they were not expecting this many people. Carly paced the kitchen trying to think of a solution then she rushed to the phone and began to dial

“Lance…I am really sorry but can you work tonight….yeah I know you worked in the day time…I cant ask Bobby..please Lance….cant you take you rmum to see a movie another night…please..ill owe you once…great..thanks…oh don’t forget to wear all black!!!” Carly said then she breathed a sigh of relief as she put the phone down

“Success?” Lucinda said and Carly nodded her head.

“I really didn’t expect it to be this busy” Carly said as she looked around. Grant was tuning his guitar

Bobby walked into the diner and Grant waved at her then she walked into the kitchen

“Bobby, you look fantastic, I told you buying this top was a good idea” Carly said as she looked at Bobby who wore a silver halter neck top and some jeans. Bobby rolled her eyes then she turned around and looked at the all the people in the diner

“Do you think you are going to be able to handle this crowd?” Bobby said

“I got it all under control, Lance is on his way” Carly said proud of herself

“Yeah it’s a good idea for now but I have to think about hiring someone else if the crowd is going to be like this” Bobby said

“I can do this Bobby…..please let me do it” Bobby looked at Carly then she smiled…”Ok”  AS Ailsa walked into the diner with Steve, Tammy, Viv and Sandra. Grant got up from where he was seated and walked over to them

“Hello my special guests, please follow me to your table” Grant said and he escorted them to a boot that had reserved plaque. Tammy smiled as they sat down. Now what can I get you all?..before you answer….allow me to surprise you?” Grant said and Tammy smiled “Ok” She said

“4 glasses of surprises coming right up” Grant said and winked at Viv then he walked into the kitchen

“Carly, can you please make 4 fruit cocktails” Grant said and he took some money from his pocket and gave it to her” Alright Carly said

“You look great Bobby” Grant said before he left the kitchen

“Thanks” Bobby said and just as she was about to go into the office, she locked eyes with Carly “See, I told you about that top” Carly laughed and Bobby shook her head

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Are you feeling better sweetheart” Pippa said as Sally walked into the living room

“A little bit…can you read me a story please?” Sally said

“Alright, you go upstairs and pick one and ill be up in a minute” Pippa said and smiled and she watched Sally go upstairs then she looked down at the letter she was looking at and sighed...she didn't know what she was going to do

Bayside Diner at night- Summer Bay

She's like the wind,
Through my tree
She rides the night
Next to me

Tammy smiled as Grant winked at her, she sipped some of her fruit cocktail and smiled as she listened to him sing.

She leads me through moonlight
Only to burn me with the sun
She's taken my heart
But she doesn't know what she's done

Grant closed his eyes as he sang and played the guitar as more people kept coming into the diner

“Hi” Lucinda looked up to see Nick looking at her

“Hi, I havnt seen you lately..what can I get you?” Lucinda said

“Just a coffee and some lasagna please..I guess to take out…Yeah, I was in Melbourne doing some training…I didn’t know you had live music playing here” Nick said

“We just started…sorry there is no sitting space, we never expected so many people to turn up” Lucinda said and smiled

“How have you been?” Nick said

“Good thanks..just busy..excuse me” Lucinda said and she rushed out to the back while Nick looked at her

Feel her breath in my face
Her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes
She's out of my league
Just a fool to believe
I have anything she needs
She's like the wind

Waldorf Creek

Emma felt the tears burning her eye then one escaped and rolled down her cheek. She couldn’t stop herself after Ailsa mentioned calling her mum. Another tear dropped from her eye as Emma thought about the fact that her mum didn’t even call. Emma wiped her face and puffed on the cigerette

“Hey come on”  the man on the bike said and Emma breathed in and exhaled then she dropped the cigarette on the floor and stepped on it then put the bike helmet on and got onto the back of the bike

I look in the mirror
And all I see
Is a young old man
With only a dream
Am I just fooling myself
That she'll stop the pain?
Living without her
I'd go insane!

Morgan residence- Summer Bay

THANKS A LOT FRANK, JUST IGNORE ME WHY DON’T YOU” Roo said as she watched Frank put his jacket on and storm out of the apartment and slam the door. Roo exhaled and sat on the couch. Times like this she really wished that she wasn’t married

Feel your breath in my face
Your body close to me
Can't look in your eyes
You're out of my league

Frank rushed down the stairs and out of the main apartment building door then he exhaled. He shook his head, things were not meant to be like this….he didn’t want to be at home, he didn’t want to be here..Frank started walking. He didn’t know where he was going but he needed to get away from Roo

Just a fool to believe
(Just a fool to believe)
She's like the wind
(Just a fool to believe)

Bayside diner after dark- Summer Bay

Bobby stood at the side watching Grant sing. He was really good, very talented

“Hes great” Bobby looked to her left to see Ailsa standing next to her

"Yeah, hes really good" Bobby said and smiled

“This is a brilliant idea Bobby, look at this place you little genius” Ailsa said and she put one arm around Bobby, squeezed her then she walked away

Just a fool to believe
(She's like the wind)
Just a fool to believe
(Just a fool to believe)
She's like the wind
(Just a fool to believe)

Bobby looked around the diner, it was full, everyone had a drink or was eating and enjoying the music. Bobby looked around and she looked eyes with Grant who stared at her and sang

Flashback

Bobby -Grant and me are just friends..I don’t know why no one believes me”

Narelle- Because we all want you to be happy…..look, Bobby, I know the way you feel…but its about time you  let some love into your life…Just think about. Besides most really good relationships start with friendship anyway”

Flashback ends

Just a fool to believe
She's like the wind
(Just a fool... she's like the wind)
(She's like the wind)
(Just a fool... she's like the wind)

Background music ends

Grant finished singing the song staring at Bobby then he winked. Everyone clapped including Bobby then she looked at Grant again and felt embarrassed and walked towards the kitchen as Grant smiled at Tammy and Viv...

Chapter 243

6 days later

Michael slams the door returns from the custody hearing, cant afford the solicitor anymore. Celia calls Morag to ask for help. Morag arranges to meet Michael in the city, will be coming because she has some things to take care of. Michael smiles

Michael slammed the door and walked into the living room and sat down. He watched as Celia chatted on the phone. She hadn’t bothered to make her excuses from the conversation she was having. Michael watched her as she continued for the next few minutes then eventually, she put the phone down and walked over to him and sat down.

“I wasn’t expecting you back so soon” Celia said as Michael sighed. “It was just a waste of time, Cynthia is making more demands” Michael said and he leaned back on the couch and ran his hands through his hair

“Demands like what? I thought she agreed to Haydn staying in Summer Bay” Celia said

“No she is saying that I don’t make enough money to give him the lifestyle he has become accustomed to” Michael said

“Whatever does that mean? Haydn will stay here with us, this house is suitable” Celia said

“I know but the courts looked at the financial records of the business and Cynthia is saying I don’t make enough to take care of my own son…can you believe that” Michael said and he got up

“Well….I have some money…we can tell the courts that its our money, our marital money” Celia said and she stood up next to Michael. Michael looked at Celia and his guilt crept into his chest

“What would I do without you?” Michael said and he hugged Celia as she smiled then his smile disappeared

Simpson residence- Summer Bay

Bobby and Grant laughed as Pippa walked into the house. She looked at them as they appeared to be oblivious to her walking into the house.

“That’s the last of the trays” Pippa said as she shut the front door and walked into the kitchen and gave the empty trays to Grant who put them in one of the kitchen cupboards. Someone she met through Brett hired her to cater a breakfast at short notice so Pippa and Grant volunteered to help her. Bobby took the cheque out from her back pocket and smiled. If someone had told her four years ago that this would be her life, she wouldn’t have believed it. Bobby put the cheque back in her back pocket.

“Thanks for helping out today” Bobby said as she opened one of the drawers and pulled her cheque book out

“I am going to go for a swim..why don’t you come?” Grant said

“Thanks but I have some invoices and other paperwork to do. I want to get them done and out of the way” Bobby said

Well if you don’t need me anymore slavedriver, the beautiful water is calling me then I am picking the girls up from school to take them for some icecrean” Grant said and Bobby laughed

“Slavedriver? Watch it, I know where you live remember” Bobby said and laughed then Grant laughed suspiciously as Bobby shook her head and laughed

“Ill see you later…bye Mrs F..I will have them home before I go to the diner tonight” Grant said

“Ok” Pippa said and smiled. She watched as Grant left the house. Pippa watched as Bobby ripped the cheque from the book

“Thanks for coming to the rescue” Bobby said and she handed Pippa a cheque” Pippas eyes widened

“Bobby, this is far too much” Pippa said

“It’s a thank you for coming to rescue me” Bobby said and smiled

“Thank you..I had a good time, anytime you need help just let me know…every little bit helps” Pippa said and folded the check and sighed. “Is there something wrong?” Bobby said

“No, why?” Pippa said

“The way you just said every little helps” Bobby said. “Oh its nothing, the bookings have slowed down a little but…nothing to worry about” Pippa said

“Pippa, are you sure?” Bobby said

“Yes, I am sure” Pippa said and she lightly tapped Bobbys head with the check

“I better go and relieve Carly” Pippa said as she walked to the door “It’s a nice day out…maybe you should go for that swim” Pippa said

“Pippa! I know what you are trying to do” Bobby said “I am not trying to do anything….I am just saying it’s a nice day…for a swim” Pippa said as she walked to her car

“Grant and I are just friends..F.R.I.E.N.D.S” Bobby said and she crossed her arms

“Friends can swim” Pippa said and she got into her car.

“I give up” Bobby said and raised her hands and walked back to the house

“I LOVE YOU” Pippa shouted and Bobby turned around and crossed her arms then turned around and went into the house. Pippa started the engine then she unfolded the check and sighed. The money came at the right time. She wished she didn’t have to lie to her children but she didn’t want them to be alarmed. “Everything is going to be alight” Pippa said and exhaled and drove away.

High School- Summer Bay

“I suppose having the support structure back to normal will help” Donald said

“I will let you know when a decision has been made” Mr Rawlings said as he got up

“Well I look forward to it, thanks” Donald said as he shook Mr Rwlings hands

“Ill be in touch” Mr Rawlings said and he left the office. Donald sat back doen at his desk. Mr Rawlings was from the education department and had just informed him that the school will be getting a new deputy. The deputy was also a History teacher which meant they would finally be getting a replacement for Grant and Donald wouldn’t have to be constantly filling in. Donald looked at the clock on his desk…He would be leaving soon for the city. He and Barbra had plans to see a show tonight. Things had been going well with them…Donald didn’t want to put the cart before the horse but it felt wonderful being round her and still feeling like they had a connection. Donald smiled to himself..for the first time in a long time, he felt that maybe, just maybe there might be a chance to settle down again.

Summer Bay

Craig and Steve stopped running and Steve checked his watch “3 minutes under my personal best…first place of the fun run is mine”  he said as he began to stretch. Craig stretched too as Steve looked at him “Are you ok?” Steve said

“Yeah, why?” Craig said “Nothing, you just havnt said much today or in general..is it because Jeff Samuels is back?” Steve said “No, I don’t give a stuff about him” Craig said as he stretched his leg forward.

“Are you sure nothing is wrong?” Steve said not convince “I SAID IM FINE STOP HASSLING ME” Craig said then he shook his head and ran off. Steve watched Craig run then he began to walk then picked up the pace to catch up to him as he wondered what the problem was.

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Viv is starting on Dinner while Carly is getting ready to go to the diner. Asks how the event with Bobby went, Pippa said good then a knock at the door. Its unexpected visit from Ben who demands Carly takes the night off, he threatens her she calls Bobby

“Carly, is this ready” Viv said as she stirred the spaghetti on the pit. Carly walked over to the stove and picked up a few strands with a fork “Yeah, its done” Carly said and Viv smiled. She wasn’t a good cook but Carly and Mrs Fletcher were helping her learn

“Thank you for taking care of Christopher today” Pippa said as Sally and Tammy set the table

“So how was the catering assignment?” Carly said as she put her lipstick on while she sat on the couch “Yeah, it was really good…Bobby and Grant get on really well” Pippa said as she sat next to Carly and Carly looked up from the mirror and smiled

“So you noticed it too..I think everyone has noticed but Bobby” Carly said

“Oh maybe she just doesn’t want to notice” Pippa said

“Shes crazy if she cant see that they would be goo together” Carly said

“Maybe…but I guess we just have to let Bobby decide that..if she wants to” Pippa said

Phone ringing

Carly got up and walked over to the phone “Summer Bay Caravan Park” Carly said and began to smile when she heard the voice on the other end…

Bobby put the invoice book and the cheque book in the top draw and closed it. It had been an interesting day. It had been an interesting week. The event today was the third she had catered for and she was tired. All she wanted to do was have a long bath then start reading some chapters to be ahead when uni started in two weeks. Bobby could hear Grant tuning up his guitar downstairs

Flashback

Pippa I better go and relieve Carly..It’s a nice day out…maybe you should go for that swim

Bobby -Pippa! I know what you are trying to do”

Pippa I am not trying to do anything….I am just saying it’s a nice day…for a swim

Bobby  Grant and I are just friends..F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Pippa -Friends can swim

Flashback ends

Bobby said on her bed, she was right, her and Grant were friends…not best friends or anything like that…not like her and Frank were…but she enjoyed his company and they got on well..he was also good looking and very smart…Bobby sighed then she got up from the bed, picked up the envelope on the night stand and walked out of her room. As Bobby got downstairs, Grant was playing the melody to a song then he stopped when he heard Bobby come downstairs

“Oh, you didn’t have to stop” Bobby said as Grant looked at his watched

“I better get going, I cant be late, the boss is a slavedriver” Grant said

“Yeah, alright…here you go…thanks again for today” Bobby sid and gave Grant the envelope. He opened it and took out the check “Well, thank you…now I can pay my rent” Grant said and Bobby laughed

“I think we make a good team you and me” Grant said and he put his arm around Bobby and squeezed her

“Yeah?” Bobby said

“Yeah…I better get going I don’t want to be late” Grant said and he hugged Bobby unexpectedly. Bobby exhaled and closed her eyes feeling confused as she held onto Grant then he let go

“Wish me luck” Grant said as he picked up his guitar

“You are a pro..you don’t need it” Bobby said and smiled as Grant winked and walked out of the house. Bobby smiled then her smiled disappeared…she felt confused

Knock at the door

Bobby walked towards the door “I hope you didn’t forget your key” Bobby said with a smile as she opened the door

“Hello Bobby” Bobbys smile disappeared as Al Simpson smiled at her

Archived