Beth's death

adam436

Tim Campbell left the show suddenly, which is why his death had to happen off-screen and months later. Were there similar circumstances with Clarissa or was she initially meant to return after an extended break?

Former regular Josh West was also killed off during that era too, as well as countless guest characters in dramatic fashion. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, adam436 said:

Tim Campbell left the show suddenly, which is why his death had to happen off-screen and months later. Were there similar circumstances with Clarissa or was she initially meant to return after an extended break?

Former regular Josh West was also killed off during that era too, as well as countless guest characters in dramatic fashion. 

They wanted to hold off Beth's death until Kit gave birth as they wanted the death and birth in the same episode. 

But they had to write Clarissa off before Beth due to her contract expiring. 

11 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

They wanted to hold off Beth's death until Kit gave birth as they wanted the death and birth in the same episode. 

But they had to write Clarissa off before Beth due to her contract expiring. 

Would Clarissa's contract have prevented her filming a death scene before she left to be slotted in months later? 

22 hours ago, adam436 said:

I hadn't realised he left suddenly. Is it possible to know the reason why please?

This is the article I remember at the time. It may just be the wording of "he is expected to leave the set within days" coupled with him being killed off much later after Tim left, but I always under the impression it was rather sudden. 

I think his stage musical role was fairly last minute. 

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/archive/old-news-pages/tim-quits-summer-bay/news-story/8670f4e216f75450e255fd53d294879d

• 1 month later...

As much as like Beth I think it was best she left when she did as if Beth stayed till this day she would just become like Irene and Leah and also Marilyn and Ruth who return couple years later  and i think it would be too much having Beth in mix. 

I think 6 mainstays is good and Neighbours have too many mainstays.

• 2 months later...

Archived