Most Popular Character 2018

Dan F

mpc-2018-large.jpg

It's time to launch our 8th biennial poll to find Home and Away’s Most Popular Character.

It's 14 years ago today that we ran the very first poll, and since then it has been a feature that numerous members have anticipated every two years.

We realise that choosing your favourites is no easy task, particularly now that the show has been running for over 30 years, so we've listened to your feedback and this year have made an adjustment to the amount of characters you are able to vote for.

So how does it work? Well all you need to do is choose your Top 7 characters from the show's history, and post them in a list as below in one of the voting threads (starting with your favourite):

1. Donald Fisher
  2. Pippa Ross
  3. Jack Wilson
  4. Angie Russell
  5. Maggie Astoni
  6. Rob Storey
  7. Miles Copeland

We will allocate 7 points to your favourite character, 6 points to your second favourite and so on. We’ll then add all the votes up and announce the results at a later date.

Please be sure to read these few pointers before we get started:

• Strictly one vote per member. We have three voting threads – one in the Bayside Diner forum, one in General Discussion and one in Australian Discussion. You can post your vote in whichever suits you, but you may only post ONCE.
  • If you post less than 7 characters, your vote will not be counted. If you post more than 7 characters, we will only count the first 7.
  • Any characters who have debuted in Episode 6966 or onwards (airing in Aus on 25th September 2018) are not eligible, due to the fact that these episodes have not aired in the UK as of the start of the voting.
  • Please give a character's surname, as if you simply write down ‘Tom’ then we won’t know if you mean Tom Fletcher, Tom Nash or Tom the Trucker from 2003.
  • Please only vote for who you genuinely believe are the best characters from the show’s 30 year history – not just the ones you think are the best looking!

Voting is open now and will run until Friday 16th November 2018.

**VOTING HAS NOW CLOSED**

Any queries/discussion should be posted in this thread only. Happy voting!

• Dan F featured this topic
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SarahS said:

What do I click on to to vote??

From the above post:

On 15/10/2018 at 03:10, Dan F said:

We have three voting threads – one in the Bayside Diner forum, one in General Discussion and one in Australian Discussion. You can post your vote in whichever suits you, but you may only post ONCE.

On 15/10/2018 at 03:10, Dan F said:

So how does it work? Well all you need to do is choose your Top 7 characters from the show's history, and post them in a list as below in one of the voting threads (starting with your favourite):

1. Donald Fisher
  2. Pippa Ross
  3. Jack Wilson
  4. Angie Russell
  5. Maggie Astoni
  6. Rob Storey
  7. Miles Copeland

15 hours ago, pembie said:

I expect Robbo will come out near the top that's my guess and I expect Brody will do well I enjoyed the poll last time

Highly doubt it. From what i've seen everyone voting the top 3 look to be the usual suspects. Not to say there won't be a couple of surprises in the top 10. That's what makes these always interesting.

Archived