Worst character exits

project90

I've been watching the show for about 16 years now, so if I think about all characters that had left during this time I could  probably think of worse exit, but I was really annoyed how the Barretts and Kyle were written out. Don't get me wrong, most of the time I could barely tolerate the Barretts (especially Andy), but their exits we just ridicules. I have a feeling TPTB were trying to compensate. Since the Braxtons came to the Bay, a lot of fans were complaining how they got away with everything and that it didn't send a good message to the audience...so they just put those three in jail. I didn't like how they pretty much destroyed Josh's character. He was the one (out of all the Braxtons/Barretss/Ashford clan) that was trying to keep out of trouble and had potential to make something of himself. So they had him kill Charlotte, and then Andy all of the sudden admitted that he killed Jake....and they went on the run. It would be bad enough exit...but then they got caught. After all the crimes that were forgotten and forgiven, the Barrets got caught.

Same goes for Kyle's exit. He took the blame for someone he knew for a month? Seriously? Especially because their relationship was so rushed and not really believable. IMO it would've been better if he took the blame for Phoebe or even Ricky. It just didn't make sense. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lila_Q said:

Same goes for Kyle's exit. He took the blame for someone he knew for a month? Seriously? Especially because their relationship was so rushed and not really believable. IMO it would've been better if he took the blame for Phoebe or even Ricky. It just didn't make sense. 

I would've preferred if he'd taken the blame for Phoebe, especially with how when she went to see him she said she loved him, or Ricky as it would've made sense he'd want Ricky to be able to raise Casey. Isla was just such a pointless character.

On 13/07/2019 at 06:42, adam436 said:

Stacey Macklin - I'm a little biased as she's my favourite character, but she didn't even get a farewell scene. She told Andrew she had booked a flight to LA for that night and then we see Ailsa on the phone to her saying she'd left. She wasn't particularly close to anyone, but she seemed to be involved with everyone at one point or another, even if it was just briefly. 

Yes, that was a very odd exit, especially as she'd been a character who probably should've made it to the opening credits. It was as if they didn't know what to do with her any more and gave her that very odd 5 minute engagement to Andrew storyline. He was another character who just became a spare but I think he got a marginally better send-off.

Archived