Worst character exits

project90

On 04/11/2018 at 07:15, daniel999 said:

I agree with you about Jesse. He already went to jail the first time he left, and he came back and redeemed himself. And then ended up in jail all over again..

I wish he would return though. He was a brilliant actor.

I feel like that ship has sailed now. It would have been the perfect time for him to return when Olivia was in the show. 

He could have had his happily-ever-after ending with either Chloe or Josie, who departed the show around the same time as him.

Did Ben Unwin leave of his own accord? The character had become a spare part since breaking up with Leah and his exit probably made way for the new Holden family. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Haha. Narelles leaving story. She'd been through all the guys and there was none left. She was certainly a one off. 

Narelle was a fun character but I don't think there was anywhere else they could  have taken the character without changing her character .

7 hours ago, adam436 said:

Wasn't Narelle supposed to be a regular but for whatever reason, it didn't eventuate? 

Im not sure, Ive never read any interviews about it, but  I recall she had a short lived stint as a pop star after Home and Away.  I found it odd that she was replaced with Marilyn who was pretty much the same character although, I prefer Narelle. I liked that even though she wasn't in the show, she was referenced when Bobby and Carly going to see her the night before the wedding...yet she never attended the wedding of her two best friends.

Phill is another odd one- I dont recall the storyline he was in before he left, but I read that Phil was killed off because he wasn't the huge success they were hoping for. I think  Alex was already filming scenes for Flying Doctors/accepted the role and the plan was for Phil to be the next hot thing when Alex eventually  left but it wasn't working so they killed him off lol. Such spiteful writers- killing characters off for no reason. 

6 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Phill is another odd one- I dont recall the storyline he was in before he left, but I read that Phil was killed off because he wasn't the huge success they were hoping for. I think  Alex was already filming scenes for Flying Doctors/accepted the role and the plan was for Phil to be the next hot thing when Alex eventually  left but it wasn't working so they killed him off lol. Such spiteful writers- killing characters off for no reason.

Phil was killed off before Alex Papps left the show.

I get why they killed him off - someone had to die, and given that Dodge was fostered by the Fletchers, it made sense that it was a character close to one of them. 

I'd rather Stacey and Phil had a happy ending though. Wasn't she engaged to Andrew Foley within a couple of months of Phil's death? <_<

48 minutes ago, adam436 said:

Phil was killed off before Alex Papps left the show.

I get why they killed him off - someone had to die, and given that Dodge was fostered by the Fletchers, it made sense that it was a character close to one of them. 

I'd rather Stacey and Phil had a happy ending though. Wasn't she engaged to Andrew Foley within a couple of months of Phil's death? <_<

Right, I didn’t make myself clear. I meant I guess his popularity wasn’t as high as they had hoped and got rid of him. 

I never understood that Stacey/Andrew storyline.

Did Phil do any acting after he left?

Like Greg and Bobby , in my opinion Phil had zero chemistry with Stacey 

here is his Instagram, he still looks the same 

https://www.instagram.com/johnharviemorris/

11 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Narelle was a fun character but I don't think there was anywhere else they could  have taken the character without changing her character .

In my opinion, Marilyn was Narelle 2.0. I personally would’ve preferred Narelle to continue playing that role 

Rob Storey. Well he never got an exit at all. He was there one minute, then was never seen again, so never got a farewell scene but he was said to be living in Summer Bay. He may still reside there.

Ailsa, she just popped it in the Diner suddenly. Better though than have her and Alf split and she left The Bay.

Narelle just upped and left on an impulse I think.

Archived