Worst character exits

project90

On 22/11/2018 at 00:48, project90 said:

Matt Wilson walks into a store room never to be heard of again for 11 years. They could have had him say "got those boxes you wanted" or something like that when returned in 2002

Isn't that actually a myth? I've heard that was last appearance, but wasn't it mentioned onscreen he went on a surfing competition or something? 

Was there a reason for Rob's and Matt's sudden/lack of a proper exit? 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/11/2018 at 12:38, j.laur5 said:

I know the character was not leaving but I do think they could have given Vanessa Downing's Pippa a better final scene instead of her saying goodbye to Donald. 

Maybe a scene with Sally, Carly and Steve . 

Wasn't her last line 'I must go' or something. That was perhaps a nod to Vanessa Downing's departure.

• 2 months later...

Also I didn't like Matt's leaving storyline as it just seemed strange for him to decide to leave the Bay over night with Evie.  He didn’t leave when Sasha and Maddy  left and what made different with Evie and he left bay completely unnoticed expect saying goodbye to Leah . 

• 3 months later...

Kyle - Such a dumb storyline. ? 

Ruby - I know a lot of people hated her but I would've liked to see her get a happy ending after all she went through. Even if she just went off travelling or decided there was nothing in the bay for her anymore, and it was too hard staying there after Charlie died, instead of cutting Indi's breaks. That or maybe realising she was going off the rails a bit and struggling, and checking herself in somewhere or going to some sort of retreat.

9 hours ago, Lunar said:

Kyle - Such a dumb storyline. ? 

Ruby - I know a lot of people hated her but I would've liked to see her get a happy ending after all she went through. Even if she just went off travelling or decided there was nothing in the bay for her anymore, and it was too hard staying there after Charlie died, instead of cutting Indi's breaks. That or maybe realising she was going off the rails a bit and struggling, and checking herself in somewhere or going to some sort of retreat.

I think it would have been better if Kyle had just decided to move to Sydney.

I would have preferred Kyle to have stayed one more year and left with Phoebe as I think if Kyle had stuck around after Ricky and Barrett’s brothers left then Kyle probably would had more interaction with other characters. 

• 2 months later...

Stacey Macklin - I'm a little biased as she's my favourite character, but she didn't even get a farewell scene. She told Andrew she had booked a flight to LA for that night and then we see Ailsa on the phone to her saying she'd left. She wasn't particularly close to anyone, but she seemed to be involved with everyone at one point or another, even if it was just briefly. 

Archived